Going by the facts, approximately 40% of women deal with hair loss. While attaining long and voluminous locks in relatively less time can get a tad frustrating, it is not impossible. Thankfully there are some amazing shampoos that can help you grow your hair faster, smoother, silkier, and longer!
Here’s a list of shampoos that work well for hair growth. Try these and you’ll have the hair of your dreams in no time. Read on to know which shampoos are the best for hair growth!
How Do We Choose the Best Shampoos for Hair Growth?
A good anti-hair fall shampoo can transform your hair, leaving them strong and smooth. If you are overwhelmed with the clutter of shampoos in the market and have difficulty choosing the right one for you, we are here to help. In India, you can get good quality shampoos ranging from Rs 129 to Rs 899. Here are some factors that helped us pick the best shampoos for hair growth.
1. Hair Concerns
Every hair type needs a different product and you should be aware of what exactly you need to target. If you just need a product to cleanse the scalp, go for shampoos with salicylic acid or charcoal in them. People with brittle or dull hair should use shampoos with keratin and other natural protein-based products.
Some of the most beneficial ingredients for hair are collagen, keratin, zinc, essential oils, multivitamins, and salicylic acid. Try to choose products with natural ingredients as they will not harm your hair in any way.
What To Avoid?
Shampoos with mineral oil, alcohol, parabens, sulphates, and phthalates should be avoided as they tend to dry your hair even more. If you have a super oily scalp, you may have to use a sulphate-based shampoo to remove all the build-up. Here you can also check some of the top keratin Shampoos.
|Our Top Recommendations||Best Prices on Amazon|
List of 10 Best Hair Growth Shampoos in India
On this page:
- 1. Patanjali Kesh-Kanti Shikakai Shampoo
- 2. Organix Thick & Full Biotin & Collagen Shampoo
- 3. Loreal Paris Fall Resistant Shampoo
- 4. TRESemmé Hair Fall Defense Shampoo
- 5. Sunsilk Long and Healthy Growth Shampoo
- 6. Biotique Bio Kelp Fresh Hair Growth Shampoo
- 7. VLCC Soya Protein Conditioning Shampoo
- 8. WOW Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo
- 9. Khadi Herbal Amla & Bhringraj Shampoo
- 10. Vaadi Herbals Amla Shikakai Shampoo
- 1. Which is the best shampoo for hair growth?
- 2. What hair products stimulate hair growth?
- 3. Does Protein Shampoo help hair grow?
- 4. Does biotin and collagen shampoo make your hair grow?
- 5. Do hair growth shampoos actually work?
- 6. Which Sunsilk shampoo is best for hair growth?
- 7. How do I make my hair grow with shampoo?
- 8. What all ingredients in a shampoo help with hair growth?
- 9. What shampoo makes your hair thicker?
- 10. Which is the best homeopathic shampoo for hair growth?
- 11. Does putting onion juice in shampoos for hair growth actually work?
- 12. Does Biotin Shampoo help hair growth?
1. Patanjali Kesh-Kanti Shikakai Shampoo
Patanjali is one of India’s biggest FMCG companies that was founded in 2006 by Baba Ramdev and Balkrishna. It manufactures cosmetics, ayurvedic medicines, foods, and personal care products.
Prominent Features of the Patanjali Kesh-Kanti Shikakai Shampoo:
- Loaded with herbal growth-boosting ingredients like Shikakai, Bhringraj, Gurhal, and Akhrot
- This shampoo is rich in vitamins and minerals and is suitable for all types of hair
- This shampoo also maintains the natural luster of the hair, adds to its health, and keeps the scalp clean
- Makes the hair smooth and soft
- Removes dryness from the hair
- Helps clean out oil from the scalp
- Shikakai reduces hair fall and promotes hair growth
- Contains silicones and sulphates
Why We Picked the Patanjali Kesh Kanti Shikakai Shampoo?
This shampoo is made with a blend of shikakai and amla that help make your hair strong and lustrous. It cleanses your scalp, nourishes your strands, and maintains hair health throughout the year.
2. Organix Thick & Full Biotin & Collagen Shampoo
Organix is a prominent haircare brand that was founded in 1987 in Clearwater, Florida. The brand uses natural ingredients such as argan oil, coconut water, and cherry blossom to make your hair soft and silky.
Prominent Features of the Organix Thick & Full Biotin & Collagen Shampoo:
- It is a blend of powerful Vitamin B7 biotin that increases hair growth
- Prescribed by many dermatologists for its amazing hair growth qualities, this shampoo is also rich in collagen which reduces hair fall
- A total rejuvenation remedy, this shampoo provides nutrition to each strand of hair
- Also provides volume and thickness to make them look even healthier
- Shows results in just one wash
- Makes the hair look thick and voluminous
- Rich in hydrolyzed wheat protein that makes hair healthy
- Suitable for dry and frail hair
- Maintains the moisturization in hair
- Absolutely organic and free of sulphates
- Lathers well
- Strong fragrance
Why We Picked the Organix Thick & Full Biotin & Collagen Shampoo?
Loaded with the goodness of Vitamin B7 biotin, collagen, and hydrolyzed wheat protein to maintain good hair health. Regularly using this product can help your hair become thicker and make them look fuller as well. If you have thin hair, this is the shampoo for you!
3. Loreal Paris Fall Resistant Shampoo
L’Oreal Paris is one of the biggest personal care companies in the world today. This French brand was founded in the year 1909 by Eugène Schueller. It owns many renowned brands such as Maybelline and NYX Cosmetics.
Prominent Features of the L’Oreal Paris Fall Resistant Anti-Hair Fall Shampoo:
- It is rich in Arginine – an amino acid vital to the growth of hair
- It is effective in improving the texture of the hair by promoting blood circulation to the scalp and stimulating hair growth
- The shampoo also nourishes the scalp and hair from the roots to the tips and makes them look healthy and supple
- Also contains salicylic acid that cleanses the scalp and keeps dandruff away
- Reduces hair fall with regular use
- Strengthens the roots of the hair
- Improves hair texture and growth
- Has a pleasant fragrance
- Can make hair oily
Why We Picked the L’Oreal Paris Fall Resistant Anti Hair Fall Shampoo?
This shampoo is enriched with salicylic acid and arginine which helps keep your scalp clean and promotes healthy hair growth. Regularly using this product can help promote good blood circulation which can improve the quality of your hair. Apart from being replete with benefits, it smells heavenly so you get a lot in just one bottle.
4. TRESemmé Hair Fall Defense Shampoo
TRESemmé is a popular haircare brand based out of the US. It was established in 1947 and is owned by Unilever. The brand makes top-notch shampoos, conditioners, and hair masks that are loved across the globe.
Prominent Features of the TRESemmé Hair Fall Defense Shampoo:
- It is infused with the goodness of natural ingredients that provide essential nutrients to the hair
- This shampoo is a great reinforcing product that targets weak, rough, damaged, and hair prone to breakage
- It effectively reduces hair fall by offering your hair the strength and nourishment they require
- Rich in active agents like keratin which makes the hair shinier and stronger, the shampoo also offers total defense against external factors which may cause hair damage
- Makes hair softer and smoother
- Effectively reduces hair fall
- Promotes hair growth
- Removes oiliness and mild dandruff
- Makes hair grow stronger and healthier
- Contains sulphates and silicones
- Can dry out hair
Why We Picked the TRESemme Hair Fall Defence Shampoo?
If you’re dealing with dull, damaged, and brittle hair, this shampoo can be your ultimate go-to! It is enriched with Keratin that strengthens your hair to prevent unnecessary hair fall and damage. You will see a drastic change in your hair within the first few washes.
5. Sunsilk Long and Healthy Growth Shampoo
Established in 1984, Sunsilk is a British haircare brand which is owned by Unilever. The brand has been quite a hit in India for decades and has a solid customer base here. Its hair care products include shampoos and conditioners that are priced in a very affordable range.
Prominent Features of the Sunsilk Long and Healthy Growth Shampoo:
- It is rich in Biotin (Vitamin B7) which promotes healthy hair growth
- This formula claims to deeply nourish the hair from roots to tips and keeps them shiny and strong
- Effective in making the hair grow longer and healthier, this shampoo maintains the natural sheen and luster of the hair as well
- Makes the hair healthy and strong
- Promotes growth of hair
- Reduces hair breakage
- Removes excess oil from hair
- Cleanses the scalp
- Does not control frizz
Why We Picked the Sunsilk Long and Healthy Glow Shampoo?
Infused with potent Biotin, this shampoo works really well in strengthening your hair. It has an amazing fragrance that tantalizes your sense and makes you feel rejuvenated. Pair it with the Long and Healthy Glow Conditioner to experience the best for your hair!
6. Biotique Bio Kelp Fresh Hair Growth Shampoo
Biotique is an Ayurveda-based brand that makes skincare, hair care, and cosmetic products in India. It was founded in 1992 by Vinita Jain and has its head office in Noida.
Prominent Features of the Biotique Bio Kelp Fresh Hair Growth Shampoo:
- This product is rich in herbal ingredients
- It is enriched with the goodness of Daruhaldi, Bhringraj, Reetha, and Sea Kelp which help prevent hair loss and regain hair strength.
- Effective in stimulating the scalp for fresh hair growth, this herbal formula also provides a healthy sheen to the hair
- This shampoo gently cleanses the hair and scalp.
- Promotes hair growth
- Makes the hair shiny and soft
- Reduces hair fall
- Adds volume to the hair
- Free from SLS and Parabens
- Made with all herbal ingredients
- Organic and pure
- Has a cooling effect on the scalp
- Does not control frizz
- Does not lather well
- Has a strong smell
7. VLCC Soya Protein Conditioning Shampoo
Vandana Luthra Curls and Curves is a renowned beauty and wellness brand that was established in 1989. What started as a health and diet management brand slowly expanded to the beauty sector and is now trusted by millions in India.
Prominent Features of the VLCC Soya Protein Conditioning Shampoo:
- It is enriched with soy protein and almond oil that provide hair with the strength to grow naturally longer and healthier
- Formulated as an anti-septic hair cleanser, this shampoo is rich in natural proteins
- Also has turmeric which is known to keep any kind of bacteria at bay on the scalp and hair
- Along with adding luster to the hair, it also offers the nourishment and moisturization that the hair and scalp need
- Leaves hair soft and smooth
- Gently cleanses the hair and scalp
- Reduces hair breakage and makes them stronger
- Conditioner is not required post shampoo
- Promotes growth of hair
- Does not dry out hair
- Runny consistency
8. WOW Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo
Wow Skin Science is a newly-launched personal care brand that’s become a huge hit in the Indian market today. It was launched in the year 2014 and is known to curate natural products that are free of sulphates and parabens. The company has its head office in Bangalore.
Prominent Features of the WOW Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo:
- It contains anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and antiseptic qualities
- Made with natural ingredients, this shampoo is completely sulphate and paraben-free
- Effective in cleansing, detoxifying, and rejuvenating the hair from the roots, the formula restores the natural shine of the hair and smoothens them
- Loaded with the goodness of Apple Cider Vinegar, and pure Apple, and Pear extract
- This shampoo also removes the excess build-up of oil or dandruff from the scalp.
- Adds shine to hair
- Apple Cider Vinegar thoroughly cleanses hair and scalp
- Stimulates hair follicles
- Promote hair growth
- Improves hair texture
- Reduces hair fall and breakage
- Suitable for all hair types
- Free of sulphates and parabens
- Can cause frizz if not followed up by conditioner
9. Khadi Herbal Amla & Bhringraj Shampoo
Khadi Natural houses some of the most amazing herbal and ayurvedic products on the market. The brand was founded in 1963 and has been making safe and effective skincare, haircare, and body care products ever since.
Prominent Features of the Khadi Herbal Amla & Bhringraj Shampoo:
- It provides beautiful and strong hair
- It is rich in herbal ingredients like Amla, Bhringraj, and Reetha that stimulate hair growth
- This shampoo is also loaded with the goodness of Almond Oil, Neem, and Harathki
- These ingredients prevent premature greying of hair while nourishing the hair to its core and cleansing the scalp of all kinds of build-up
- Herbal product
- Cleanses the scalp and removes dirt and other build-ups
- Mild shampoo
- Makes hair stronger from the roots
- Prevents hair fall and premature greying
- Adds volume
- Pleasant fragrance
- Might cause frizz
- Can be ineffective in removing oil as it is too mild
10. Vaadi Herbals Amla Shikakai Shampoo
Vaadi Herbals was founded in 2006 and manufacture top-quality affordable skincare and personal care products. The brand has a firm grip on the Indian market and exports to several countries in the US and Europe.
Prominent Features of the Vaadi Herbals Amla Shikakai Shampoo:
- It is an all-natural product, enriched with the goodness of Soy Protein, Reetha, Amla, and Shikakai
- Formulated with a triple-action formula this shampoo promotes a healthy scalp, strengthens the roots of the hair, and conditions the hair
- A great remedy for adding natural bounce and sheen to the hair, this shampoo also keeps the scalp free from infections and other harmful build-ups
- Prevents hair fall and breakage
- Shikakai promotes hair growth
- Makes hair visibly healthier
- Gives the hair a soft and smooth texture
- Ingredients like Soy protein, amla, and Triphala make hair smooth, soft, and strong
- Consistency is too thick
Hair fall is a common concern, but it can be tackled easily with the right hair care products. The products mentioned in this list are known as some of the best hair growth shampoos. Our personal favorites have to be the ones from L’Oreal, Organix, and TRESemme, but you can explore the list and see what works for you.
Top 10 Hair Growth Shampoos With Comparison & Ratings
|Best Shampoos For Hair Growth||Suitable For||Rating|
|Patanjali Kesh-Kanti Shikakai Shampoo||Adds Shine To Hair||4.3/5|
|Organix Thick & Full Biotin & Collagen Shampoo||Dry And Frail Hair||4.2/5|
|Loreal Paris Fall Resistant Shampoo||Normal And Dry Hair||4.2/5|
|Tresemme Hair Fall Defense Shampoo||Reduces Hair Fall||4.1/5|
|Sunsilk Long and Healthy Growth Shampoo||Removes Excess Oil From Hair||4.1/5|
|Biotique Bio Kelp Fresh Hair Growth Shampoo||Adds Volume To Hair||4.0/5|
|VLCC Soya Protein Conditioning Shampoo||Makes Hair Smooth||3.9/5|
|WOW Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo||Improves Hair Texture||4.0/5|
|Khadi Herbal Amla & Bhringraj Shampoo||Mild Shampoo||4.1/5|
|Vaadi Herbals Amla Shikakai Shampoo||Adds Smooth Texture To Hair||4.1/5|
1. Which is the best shampoo for hair growth?
One of the best shampoos for healthy hair growth is Wow Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo which contains magical ingredients that do wonders on hair. It is anti-bacterial, antifungal, and antiseptic. The shampoo helps in breaking down any flaky crusts on the scalp, cleanses, detoxifies, and helps in hair growth. It’s a great conditioner, and your hair feels smooth and healthy with just a few uses.
2. What hair products stimulate hair growth?
Hair products that are free from parabens & sulphates and are rich in Biotin (Vitamin B7), Collagen, and herbal ingredients like Shikakai, and Bhringraj stimulate hair growth.
3. Does Protein Shampoo help hair grow?
Yes, protein shampoos help hair growth as they provide proper nutrition and complete the protein requirements of the hair and scalp.
4. Does biotin and collagen shampoo make your hair grow?
Yes, Biotin (Vitamin B7) and collagen actually help in the growth of hair. These two can help boost the rate of hair growth and improve their texture by making them strong and voluminous.
5. Do hair growth shampoos actually work?
Hair growth shampoos can work wonders as they contain natural nourishing ingredients which are required for hair growth. For example, Patanjali Kesh-Kanti Shikakai Shampoo contains shikakai as the main ingredient which is rich in vitamins and minerals and promotes hair growth.
6. Which Sunsilk shampoo is best for hair growth?
Sunsilk Long and Healthy Growth Shampoo is the best shampoo by Sunsilk that helps in hair growth. It offers proper nutrition to the hair and nourishes them from deep within. The shampoo keeps your hair strong and shiny and is effective in making the hair grow longer and healthier.
7. How do I make my hair grow with shampoo?
When we don’t clean our scalp enough or use products that include harsh chemicals, it leads to skin problems that negatively affect our hair growth. You can ditch anything with a high pH level and avoid thickening products that leave behind a heavy residue making the hair look dull. Secondly, if you truly want healthier and stronger hair, keep your hair away from any hot tools. This will lessen hair breakage and hair fall. Lastly, regularly brush your hair since it helps distribute the natural oils that protect your hair from damage and adds shine.
8. What all ingredients in a shampoo help with hair growth?
Hair growth shampoos must include ingredients like amla, shikakai, hibiscus, coconut, almond oil, soy, B12 vitamins, biotin, etc. These are considered the basics of any good shampoo. On the other hand, contents like SLS (sulfates), sulfur, and parabens amongst other chemicals should be avoided since they make the hair dry, causing dandruff and hair loss.
9. What shampoo makes your hair thicker?
Organix Thick & Full Biotin & Collagen Shampoo makes hair thicker as it contains biotin and collagen, which promotes hair growth and helps in making hair thicker.
10. Which is the best homeopathic shampoo for hair growth?
Bakson’s Homeopathic Shampoo is one of the best shampoos for hair growth. Homeopathic shampoos help in hair growth without causing any side effects. Read about in detail the best herbal shampoos.
11. Does putting onion juice in shampoos for hair growth actually work?
Onion juice in shampoos helps prevent breakage, provides nourishment, fights dandruff, and has anti-bacterial properties. Onion can also be applied alone instead of adding it to your shampoo.
12. Does Biotin Shampoo help hair growth?
Biotin does help in hair growth but at a small level. It does, however, strengthen the hair follicle. Biotin shampoo also improves hair keratin and helps prevent or slow down hair loss and breakage.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
We have a team of category-specific researchers who understand why a certain product is better than the rest of the lot. We specialise in filtering out the best by considering important factors such as hair type, ingredients, and chemical content before curating our lists.