Steam irons are one of the most essential appliances that one should have in their home. They help you get crease-free clothes quickly and efficiently, saving you the time and money spent on laundry services. Whether you need to go to a meeting or to a party, wear crisp clothes and make a strong impression. A good outfit can only add to your confidence and self-esteem. So, realistically speaking, a steam iron isn’t only a good investment for your wardrobe but also for yourself.
With a large water tank, self-clean, thermostat, steam control, and many other features, a steam iron offer you unmatched convenience. If you are unsure about which steam iron you should pick, we will help you choose this list of the best steam irons in India.
Our Top Recommendations
How Do We Choose the Right Steam Irons for You?
Your clothing and other materials may be smoothed out with the aid of an iron, a useful little household gadget. Therefore, investing in a proper steam iron is necessary. A good quality steam iron costs anywhere from Rs 1,000 to Rs 3,000. Before you jump into our recommendations of the best steam irons, we recommend that you go through the factors that helped us decide on the best products for you.
Build and Design
The first thing you should look into while choosing a steam iron is the build and design of the product. Metal and strong plastic are generally used to make irons. Also, consider the size of the handle when purchasing an iron.
Soleplates are generally built from materials like stainless steel, ceramic, anodised aluminium, and nonstick materials. We recommend choosing a steam iron with ceramic or stainless steel soleplates since they move over garments more easily than other materials.
Large metal bases on irons make them much heavier. However, the majority of the recent versions of steam irons are light and do not exert much force on your arm. The ideal iron should not feel oppressively hefty in your hands. Before you purchase, evaluate the weight and ergonomics of the iron by holding it in your hand.
We recommend purchasing a steam iron that has a number of heating options in its settings. Verify that all of the settings are clearly visible and programmable. Additionally, make sure the temperature dial is within reach when ironing your garments.
Some steam irons include a transparent water tank that allows you can see the water level. In addition, there are variants with easily refilled detachable water tanks. We recommend that you get a steam iron with a self-cleaning function for ease of use.
List of the Top 11 Steam Irons in India
Philips 1440-Watt Steam Iron
Philips GC1905 Steam Iron comes with an aluminium soleplate that makes it easy to glide on all fabrics. It comes with a water tank that fills faster, accompanied by a pointed tip to help you reach all corners of your clothing. The spray function produces a fine mist that evenly moistens the fabric to make ironing comfortable and get rid of creases quickly.
Like dry irons, you can also set the temperature according to the fabric that you are ironing. The steam holes on the soleplate allow continuous steam up to 13 g/min to efficiently iron out creases.
Prominent Features of the Philips 1440-Watt Steam Iron:
- Easy and swift water tank filling and emptying
- The cloth is uniformly moistened by a thin spray
- Even the most difficult wrinkles are removed with the aid of a steam boost
- Even heat distribution
- Maximum continuous steam production
- Spray to get rid of stubborn wrinkles
- It is prone to leakage if rested vertically with the tank full
Why We Picked the Philips 1440-Watt Steam Iron?
Philips is a trusted brand that is popular among Indians. The Philips 1440-Watt Steam provides excellent cloth gliding performance due to The American Heritage Black Linished soleplate. The water tank can be easily and quickly filled because of the large filling hole and the Philips iron’s sideways-opening door.
Bajaj MX-35N Steam Iron
Bajaj Steam Iron gets the job done with its non-stick-coated soleplate, ensuring the safety of garments. The high storage capacity water tank allows prolonged steam bursts and water sprays for long ironing sessions. With a vertical ironing feature, the Bajaj steam iron facilitates effortless steaming and ironing of hanging clothes and even curtains.
Prominent Features of the Bajaj MX-35N Steam Iron:
- This Bajaj Steam Iron has a non-stick coating that makes gliding easier
- The Bajaj Steam Iron includes the Drip Prevention technique, which doesn’t allow water to leak
- Anti-scale technology reduces pore clogging, resulting in greater effectiveness and longer endurance
- The Bajaj Steam Iron comes with a two-year warranty
- You can conduct a steam press on a stand vertically thanks to its steam emission
- Long power cord for ease of use
- Anti-drip and anti-scale technology
- The sole plate is smaller compared to other Top irons.
Why We Picked the Bajaj MX-35N Steam Iron?
A popular and trusted electronic brand in India, the Bajaj Steam Iron provides high performance, which makes ironing clothes easier. The iron provides varying steam production to accommodate different types of clothing. The steam iron comes with a non-stick-coated sole plate and features anti-drip and anti-scale technology.
Morphy Richards Super Glide Steam Iron
Morphy Richards Super Glide Steam Iron uses 2000 W of power to ensure efficient steaming and wrinkle-free fabrics in just one glide. The advanced diamond and ceramic coated soleplate evenly distribute heat over the fabric.
This steam iron has been specially designed with a self-clean feature to flush out any deposits automatically, preventing the vents from getting clogged. This also maintains the efficiency and longevity of the iron.
Prominent Features of the Morphy Richards Super Glide Steam Iron:
- High-quality soleplate with ceramic coating for lasting smooth ironing
- The Morphy Richards Steam Iron comes with a 360-degree swivel chord that is extra long for ease of mobility
- This iron’s soleplate has 46 steam holes, which are in charge of producing the ideal balance of heat and steam
- No water residue on the iron due to its self-clean feature
- Even and strong steam distribution
- Durable and smooth fabric contact
- Heavier than most other products
Why We Picked the Morphy Richards Super Glide Steam Iron?
The Morphy Richards Super Glide Steam Iron includes a high-quality soleplate with a ceramic coating that results in the smooth ironing of your clothes. The iron also has a fine water spray that helps erase stubborn wrinkles. The iron features 46 steam holes for consistent steam output.
Inalsa Steam Iron Onyx
The Inalsa Steam Iron Onyx features a sturdy build and blasts away wrinkles efficiently. The titanium soleplate ensures a corrosion-resistant surface, smoothly glides on all fabrics, enables fast heat transfer, and evenly distributes heat and steam. With precision temperature and steam control, this steam iron lets you accurately regulate the temperature and steam levels. It features a large water tank that ensures less refilling and prolonged usage.
Prominent Features of the Inalsa Steam Iron Onyx:
- The Inalsa Steam Iron Onyx has a power indicator with light to signify operational readiness
- The steam iron has a ceramic sole plate that smoothly glides over clothes
- Self-cleaning mechanism to stop steam vent clogging
- Durable and rust-free
- Horizontal and vertical steam burst function
Why We Picked the Inalsa Steam Iron Onyx?
The Inalsa Steam Iron Onyx has a power indicator that shows the operational readiness of the device. It comes with a self-cleaning mechanism to stop the steam vent from clogging. With the help of the horizontal and vertical steam burst functions, your clothes will be wrinkle-free.
Black + Decker Steam Iron
Built to perfection, the Black+Decker Steam Iron has a ceramic coated soleplate which is best for all types of fabrics. It distributes heat evenly and has an anti-drip feature to avoid any water dripping from the soleplate if the steam level is not reached. The steam burst and spray function provide the required moisture to the fabric to smoothen the most difficult creases. Black+Decker Steam Iron features a self-clean function button just next to the thermostat dial for easy access.
Prominent Features of the Black + Decker Steam Iron:
- The Black + Decker Steam Iron has an anti-drip mechanism to prevent water from dropping
- The steam iron provides even heat dispersion and is optimal for all kinds of clothing, thanks to the ceramic-covered sole plate
- The steam iron has self-cleaning functionality to remove accumulated scales
- Completely leak-proof
- Even heat dispersion
- No buildup of limescale due to anti-calc function
- Anti-drip function
- It consumes a lot of power, so it is not energy efficient
Why We Picked the Black + Decker Steam Iron?
The Black + Decker Steam Iron provides even heat dispersion and is optimal for all kinds of clothing thanks to ceramic-covered sole plates. The spray and burst functions for the steam provide smooth ironing of the clothes. Additionally, its self-cleaning functionality removes accumulated scales.
Usha Steam Pro Steam Iron
Discover the power of steam with the Usha Steam Pro iron. With a steam output of 20 g/min, this iron will steam all the creases out of your clothes. The soleplate is non-stick and coated with ceramic to give you a smooth experience. With this steam press, you have the option of choosing a vertical or horizontal steam burst.
The vertical steam works best for formal clothing when hung on a stand. Thanks to its 73 steam vents, this iron will get rid of all the stubborn creases in your clothes. The anti-drip function enables it to work like a dry iron for lightweight fabrics.
Prominent Features of the Usha Steam Pro Steam Iron:
- For simple wrinkle removal, the Usha Steam Iron uses a non-stick soleplate with ceramic coating
- The iron has a self-cleaning mechanism to extend its life
- The steam iron has a strong fine mist spray for wrinkle removal
- Even distribution of heat for ease of use
- Disc thermostat for regulating the temperature of the fabric
- Wire length may be short for some users
Havells Sparkle Steam Iron
Whatever fabric you may have, this steam press from Havells will get its creases out! Thanks to its multi-functional setting knob, you can set this iron’s temperature according to the nature of your fabric. It has a self-clean function that keeps all water-prone bacteria at bay, ensuring a hygienic and clean operation. The large water tank lets you press more clothes than a standard steam iron, ensuring longevity and that your chores get done in one go. It’s equipped with a soft grip handle to ensure comfort with each swipe.
Prominent Features of the Havells Sparkle Steam Iron:
- The Havells Steam Iron provides strong steam production, which provides you with crisp, crease-free clothing
- The iron’s handle is ergonomically shaped for a better grip, ensuring that you won’t become quickly weary when using it
- The Havells Steam Iron is spill-proof and has efficient performance thanks to its twin sealed steam generator
- The iron has a large water tank that enables you to steam iron your garments for extended periods of time without needing to refill it often
- Equipped with 360-degree swivel technology for easy manoeuvring
- The spray feature is powerful and effectively dampens the cloth
- Ergonomically designed handle
- Built-in overheating prevention
- It requires a powerful electricity supply to operate
Croma Steam Iron
The Croma Steam Iron uses strong water spray and bursts of steam to eliminate wrinkles and provide smooth ironing of clothes. The dual utility of dry ironing and steam ironing can be experienced with this Croma product. The iron provides a continuous steam output that can smooth and iron a wide range of fabric types.
Prominent Features of the Havells Sparkle Steam Iron:
- Various textiles may be heated at different temperatures with the Croma Steam Iron
- The Croma Iron is made from non-stick Teflon-coated sole plates so that it can smoothly glide over clothes
- This Croma product comes with a 12-month warranty starting from the date of purchase
- Overheat safety shutoff
- Power indicator for ease of use
- Vertical steam feature
- The length of the cord may be less
Orient Electric Fabrifeel Steam Iron
The Orient Electric Fabrifeel Steam Iron heats up uniformly and rapidly due to the U-shaped element on the iron. The built-in large 230ml water tank provides a high steam output and has spray capability for removing stubborn creases. The Orient Steam Iron lets you adjust the temperature and steam pressure according to the cloth. It also assists in distributing heat evenly throughout the soleplate for quick, simple, and efficient ironing with simple reverse strokes.
Prominent Features of the Orient Electric Fabrifeel Steam Iron:
- The Orient Electric Steam Iron comes with a 360-degree, long swivel cord with increased flexibility
- The steam iron has a PBT insulator and an improved thermal fuse for additional safety
- The soleplate aids in quick ironing of clothes due to even distribution of heat
- Even heat conduction
- Improved thermal fuse for better safety
- Large water tank
Tefal Maestro Plus Steam Iron
The brand Tefal is committed to providing excellent quality and performance. The Tefal Maestro Plus Steam Iron can effortlessly eliminate tough wrinkles from all kinds of textiles thanks to its strong steam boost of 120 g/min.
The Tefal Steam iron has a soleplate with a ceramic finish. The ceramic coating and the smooth edges provide simple and outstanding glide for a wrinkle-free experience. The iron additionally has an anti-drip mechanism that stops water from dropping when ironing and ruining your linen.
Prominent Features of the Tefal Maestro Plus Steam Iron:
- The Tefal Maestro Iron includes an extra-large, easily slideable ceramic soleplate that covers a bigger area
- For enhanced durability and to prevent stains on the cloth, the iron incorporates an anti-calc function
- The Tefal Steam Iron has an ergonomic steam trigger that is always within reach
- Anti-calc function for longer durability
- Constant steam production for effortless steam ironing
- Optimal steam diffusion
- Performance quality can be improved
Usha Aqua Glow Smart Steam Iron
A sleek, durable, and cleverly created steam iron is the Usha Aqua Glow Smart Steam Iron. With a 2000W power usage, this steam iron warms up more quickly and produces 20 gm/min of steam, which aids in smoothing out wrinkles and eradicating obstinate ones.
Additionally, this iron has 73 steam vents that evenly disperse the steam, and it has 5 fabric settings that you may choose from to iron a variety of fabric kinds. Additionally, the steam iron’s anti-drip feature prevents stains on your clothing when ironing.
Prominent Features of the Usha Aqua Glow Smart Steam Iron:
- The Usha Aqua Glow Smart Steam Iron comes with LED lighting that serves as an operational readiness indicator
- For rapid wrinkle elimination, a powerful steam production of up to 20 gm/min is available
- Longer ironing sessions with a large 300 mL water tank
- For simple wrinkle elimination, use the horizontal and vertical steam burst option
- Self-cleaning mechanism
- Anti-drip feature
- Scratch-resistant ceramic soleplate
- Average build quality
The correct iron can make this task easy and straightforward. Thus, investing in a proper steam iron is necessary nowadays. Based on our research, the Philips 1440-Watt Steam Iron, Bajaj MX-35N Steam Iron, and Morphy Richards Super Glide Steam Iron are our top picks for the best iron brands in India. While making our recommendations, we took into consideration factors like build, design, soleplates, weight, heating options, and water tank. Let us know which one worked out the best for you!
Which brand is best for steam iron?
According to us, Philips, Bajaj, and Morphy Richards are the top brands for steam irons in India. However, we recommend that you go through our entire list and pick one that is best suited to your requirements.
Which is the best iron for home use?
The best irons for home use are the Philips 1440-Watt Steam Iron, Bajaj MX-35N Steam Iron, and Morphy Richards Super Glide Steam Iron. The irons are well-built and sturdy, with advanced features for the smooth ironing of your clothes.
How do I choose a steam iron?
While choosing a steam iron, one should look into a number of factors. We recommend that you consider things like build, design, soleplates, weight, heating options, water tank, and warranty while choosing a steam iron for everyday use.
Which iron is good: steam or dry?
In comparison to a dry iron, a steam iron often consumes more energy. It also has a greater wattage since it must heat the water and create steam. On the other hand, a typical dry iron uses less energy and typically has 1000W of power, which is sufficient to iron the garments.
What is the difference between steamer and iron?
A steamer is a machine that smoothes the surface of the cloth by applying heat and moisture from the hot water vapour. On the contrary, iron is a tool that employs heat and pressure from itself to eliminate creases from cloth.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
Highly experienced and competent researchers at CashKaro work hard to provide you with the finest market suggestions available online. To create a list of products you can trust, we evaluate various products and compare them based on a variety of factors. We considered build, design, soleplates, weight, heating options, water tank, and other aspects while making our recommendations for the finest electric tandoor. We really hope that this list will assist you in reaching an educated conclusion.