As the name suggests, combination skin is a type where some areas remain oily, and some remain dry. Here, the skin is oily in the ‘T’ zone of the face, encompassing the forehead, nose, and chin. On the other hand, the cheeks and side jaws remain dry. You need an advanced solution for such skin to tackle both skin conditions at the same time. An effective face wash will cleanse your face, clear the oils from your face and moisturise the dry areas.
We have prepared a list of the best face washes for combination skin that can help you to select a suitable product for your skincare routine.
|Our Top Recommendations||Best Prices on Amazon|
|Cetaphil Skin Cleanser||Check Prices|
|Mamaearth Ubtan Natural Face Wash||Check Prices|
|Biotique Honey Gel Foaming Face Wash||Check Prices|
How Do We Choose the Best Face Wash for Combination Skin?
There are certain parameters on the basis of which you should choose a face wash. Pricing is a crucial factor, but there are other factors as well that play vital roles. Below are some of the essential factors that you can go through to purchase the best face wash for your combination skin.
Combination skin requires a face wash that is ultra-gentle, as this particular skin type is super sensitive. The cleanser must also be soap-free. Otherwise, it can cause the skin to dry or clog the pores and cause irritation.
You must make sure that all the ingredients included in the face wash are skin safe. Although most companies dermatologically test their products before launching, there are still some elements like alcohol that may turn out to be allergens.
The consistency of the combination skin-friendly face wash is a tricky factor to understand. Using a gentle face wash with a gel-like consistency is suggested by many. It should have exfoliants like BHAs and AHAs that are mild in nature. Gels make the skin neither too oily nor too dry. That’s why it works suitably on combination skin.
The listed face washes are ideal for combination skin. They have amazing reviews and ratings. Make sure to check out our list before purchasing.
List of Top 11 Face Washes for Combination Skin
On this page:
- 1. Cetaphil Skin Cleanser
- 2. Mamaearth Ubtan Natural Face Wash
- 3. Biotique Honey Gel Foaming Face Wash
- 4. Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Cleanser
- 5. Simple Refreshing Face Wash
- 6. Plum Green Tea Face Wash
- 7. Minimalist Face Wash
- 8. mCaffeine Anti-Acne Coffee Foaming Face Wash
- 9. Kaya Acne Free Purifying Cleanser
- 10. Nivea Turmeric Face Wash
- 11. Sirona Vitamin C Face Wash for Men & Women
- Which brand is good for combination skin?
- Is cleanser or face wash better for combination skin?
- Is gel face wash good for combination skin?
- How do you wash combination skin?
1. Cetaphil Skin Cleanser
Cetaphil is a dermatologist-approved brand that manufactures medicated skin care products. Their products can tackle complex skin problems and often provide solutions for multiple skin problems through a single product. Skin moisturisers, skin cleansers and face washes for adults, as well as moisturisers and shampoos for babies, are some of Cetaphil’s popular products.
Notable Features of Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser:
- The product is in the form of liquid that is required in a small quantity.
- Though it is a product for oily skin, it is suitable for combination skin and normal skin as well.
- It has glycerin as a key component that deeply moisturises the skin without turning it oily.
- It deeply cleanses the skin without making the skin dry.
- Little Expensive
Why We Picked Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser?
This is a dermatologically tested product suitable for almost all kinds of skin. Moreover, it is a gentle cleanser that acts as skin lotion, facial scrub and face polish, providing a fresh glow to the face.
2. Mamaearth Ubtan Natural Face Wash
Mamaearth is a recent venture in the skincare industry that has gained popularity in a short span. It is one of the top trending brands that offer a natural solution to skin problems. Mamaearth products, including skin toner, moisturiser, face wash, and sunscreen, are made with natural ingredients that work effectively for all skin types.
Notable Features of Mamaearth Ubtan Skin Natural Face Wash:
- The ubtan face wash has turmeric that soothes and brightens skin.
- This face wash for combination skin is toxin free and has walnut extracts that scrub the skin gently.
- The saffron infused in this product reduces melanin secretion and improves the texture of the skin.
- Turmeric enhances radiance and reverses signs of ageing.
- Coconut oil keeps the skin moisturised.
- Rich in bioactive
- No harmful chemicals such as silicone and paraben included
- Removes tan
- Repairs sun damage
- Exfoliates dead skin
- Removes oils from the face without making the skin dry
Why We Picked Mamaearth Ubtan Natural Face Wash?
Ubtan is an ancient formula used by Indian families to repair damaged skin. Mamaearth has brought the same cocktail packed in a bottle to offer handy skincare solutions. It is one of the finest natural products available on the market that is paraben and silicone free.
3. Biotique Honey Gel Foaming Face Wash
Founded in 1992, Biotique is a unique brand that offers products for salon-like skin and hair at your home. The products are infused with natural ingredients and important minerals and vitamins for complete skin, hair protection, and care. Hair oils, lipstick, face creams, and face washes are some of the most-liked products of this brand.
Notable Features of Biotique Honey Gel Foaming Face wash:
- The product is in the form of a gel which is apt for combination skin.
- It includes honey for its natural skin healing and brightening features.
- Arjun, banhaldi, chhoti duddhi ritha and Himalayan water Q.S are used.
- The product also contains vitamins B1, B2, C, B6, and B5, as well as minerals like coppers, iodine, and zine for healing and soothing skin.
- Both men and women can apply this product.
- Suitable for all skin types
- Negative chemical compounds
- Not suitable for people with allergic reactions to honey
Why We Picked Biotique Honey Gel Foaming Face wash?
Biotique brings thousands of years of ayurvedic techniques to deal with modern skin problems. Its natural honey ingredient is known to be effective against damaged and inflamed skin. The minerals and vitamins ensure the skin is properly healed and provide everlasting benefits.
4. Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Cleanser
Neutrogena proffers science-backed skincare solutions for every type of skin. It was launched in 2009 by the well-reputed body and skin care company Johnson & Johnson. The product range of this brand includes makeup remover, brightening cleanser, skin toner, and sunscreen.
Notable Features of Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Cleanser:
- The product is in the form of foaming liquid that lathers to take off the dirt from the face.
- It is suitable for normal, oily, and combination skin.
- The product aims at promoting healthy skin over fair skin.
- The face wash is unscented to prevent any allergic reaction.
- Removes dead skin cells
- Removes excess face oil
- Brightens and soothes the skin
- Includes Sodium C14-16 olefin sulfonate that may not be suitable for some people
Why We Picked Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Cleanser?
The Product has the tagline ‘Go beyond clean, Get deep clean’, and it does exactly that. It offers a deep cleanse to the face and removes dirt, oil, and makeup effectively without harming the surface of the skin, offering healthier and smoother skin.
5. Simple Refreshing Face Wash
Simple offers an alternate solution to your skin problems, guaranteeing healthy and glowing skin. The gentle moisturising products are safe from harmful chemicals. Face washes, wipes, and face creams are the varieties of products manufactured by Simple.
Notable Features of Simple Refreshing Face Wash:
- The gel-based formulation is ideal for combination skin.
- It is enriched with Pro-Vitamin B and Vitamin E, which nourish the skin immensely.
- Triple purified water is added for deep cleansing.
- No artificial perfumes are added.
- It is a 100% cruelty-free and vegan product. It is certified by PETA as well.
- It is approved by dermatologists as a safe product, and it contains non-comedogenic substances.
- Free from harsh chemicals
- Suitable for most sensitive skin
- Contains triple purified water
Why We Picked Simple Refreshing Face Wash?
It is a safe product that reminds people to embrace their natural beauty. It revitalises, nourishes and removes dirt, oils, and impurities from the skin. It also offers a fresh and clean after-wash experience.
6. Plum Green Tea Face Wash
Plum is home to numerous body care products. It manufactures products for skin, hair, body, and lip care products. The amazing collection is enriched with advanced features and utilities.
Notable Features of Plum Green Tea Face Wash:
- Green tea works as an antioxidant. It helps fight pimple-causing impurities and excess oil.
- Glycolic acid prevents pimples and makes the skin brighter.
- The product is 100% vegan and cruelty-free.
- It contains AHA that brightens skin and reduces pimple recurrence.
- Removes dirt, dead skin cells, and excess oil from the skin.
- It is effective against oily skin and combination skin.
- The product is also effective against acne-prone skin and is considered the best face wash for combination skin in India to deal with acne.
- Mineral oil free
- SLS free
- Paraben free
- Suitable to both men and women
- FDA approved
- Little expensive
7. Minimalist Face Wash
Minimalist is a skin and hair care company that offers solutions appropriate for all seasons. They understand each skin type and related problems. The brand has a wide range of products that can cure almost all the issues related to skin and hair. It also manufactures one of the best face washes for combination skin in winter.
Notable Features of Minimalist Face Wash:
- The face wash contains zinc that imparts its anti-bacterial properties to the product.
- It has BHA, which is immensely helpful in reducing problems associated with combination skin.
- The dermatologically tested formulation has vitamin B5 that evenly hydrates the skin.
- It is formulated with Capryloyl Salicylic Acid (LHA), which provides gentle exfoliation and reveals natural, soft skin.
- Sulphate free
- Paraben free
- Formulated for both men and women
- Little expensive
8. mCaffeine Anti-Acne Coffee Foaming Face Wash
mCaffeine is India’s first skincare brand that offers an all-natural solution to skin problems with each product infused with the goodness of coffee. The antioxidants of the products allow your skin to breathe and glow. Face washes, body washes, body creams, and moisturisers are some of the products of the brand.
Notable Features of mCaffeine Anti-Acne Coffee Foaming Face Wash:
- The product is dermatologically tested and has SPF PA+++ that protects the skin from UV rays.
- The product is made environment-friendly and has zero plastic footprints.
- It is infused with the goodness of roasted coffee and includes Vitamin E, Almond Milk, and Cinnamon.
- It is one of the best face washes for combination skin and acne in India.
- Kills 99.9% of germs
- Controls oil
- Peta certified
- Vegan product
- Chemical free
9. Kaya Acne Free Purifying Cleanser
Kaya is a brand founded 17 years back to provide answers to skincare issues. All the formulations of this brand are dermatologically approved. The purifying cleanser of this brand is best suited for people with combination skin facing acne problems. Due to its gentleness, it can be counted among the best face washes for combination skin in summer.
Notable Features of Kaya Acne Free Purifying Cleanser:
- The product contains salicylic acid that effectively decreases pimples and acne.
- This mild formulation gently cleanses the pores and removes dirt and excess oil.
- Boosts health of the skin
- Nourishes the skin
10. Nivea Turmeric Face Wash
Nivea is a popular worldwide skincare brand that was founded in 1890 in Germany. It is an inclusive brand that caters to the needs of every skin type and complexion.
Notable Features of Nivea Face Wash:
- It is suitable for oily and combination skin.
- The product has turmeric for brightening and keeping the skin blemish free.
- The main focus of the product is to control oil and reduce pimples.
- Maintains pH balance of the skin
- Reduces 99.9% of acne-causing bacteria
11. Sirona Vitamin C Face Wash for Men & Women
Sirona is a female-centric brand that offers menstrual hygiene, intimate hygiene, and toilet hygiene products. Daily use products like face washes for combination skin and shampoos for both men and women are available.
Notable Features of Sirona Vitamin C Face Wash for Men & Women:
- The vitamin C face wash for combination skin is a gentle solution to acne and other skin problems such as clogging of pores.
- The product is free of harmful chemicals.
- Licorice extracts present in the formulation reduce melanin production on the face and brightens the skin.
- It provides freshness and immunity to your skin.
- Dermatologist tested
- Paraben free
- Infused charcoal for a brighter face
- Suitable for all types of skin
A face wash for combination skin is an essential beauty care product that is needed for every occasion, whether it is for the removal of makeup or to clear the skin after a hectic day. The product should be chosen cautiously to get the benefits you seek from the facewash. While Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser is the top choice here, you can select the one you find the most ideal for you.
Which brand is good for combination skin?
A lot of brands on the market bring effective products for combination skin. Among them, Cetaphil is the most popular brand for sensitive and combination skin types. You can also check out other brands on our list like Mamaearth, Biotique, and Neutrogena.
Is cleanser or face wash better for combination skin?
Face washes are better for combination skin types.
Is gel face wash good for combination skin?
Gel or foam face washes are good for combination skin.
How do you wash combination skin?
If you have combination skin, choose a mild cleanser or face wash to wash your face. Use an oil-free moisturiser and exfoliate at least once a week.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
CashKaro reviews are made after meticulous study of the subject by experts. All the face washes available in the market were gone through, and a list of the best face washes for combination skin in India was prepared after comparing them to the established specifications. The review policy of CashKaro strictly restricts any products with negative remarks, and the same is followed while preparing this list.