Buying the correct face wash is important for keeping your skin healthy. You will have to pick a product that goes best with your skin type. Today’s concern is sensitive skin, and luckily, the market has numerous brands creating various formulas for sensitive skin. You can not only give the best care to your sensitive skin but can also address multiple other skin issues like acne, pimples and dark spots by regularly using face washes. To make the selection process a little easier for you, here is a list of the top 15 face washes for sensitive skin in India.
How Do We Choose the Best Face Wash for Sensitive Skin?
You will find face washes made for sensitive skin in a wide price range. While the price depends on your budget and preference, there are some factors that you should evaluate before you make the purchase.
Some ingredients can do wonders, and some can bring out the worst of your skin. Your job is to make sure that the product you are picking does have the ingredients that suit your skin. On the other hand, avoid products that can cause even the slightest discomfort or irritation to your skin since sensitive skin is more prone to such issues.
Face washes offer solutions to many issues. You can find face washes specially created to deal with acne, dark spots, pore-clogging and so on. Figure out your skin concerns and then go with a product that addresses the same.
Sensitive skin is easily irritated. A face wash with mild cleansing density will hence be best for such skin as it will not cause much irritation. It will also lock in the natural moisture of the skin.
Each of the following 15 face washes formulated for people with sensitive skin has good customer reviews and good ratings on Amazon. You can buy any of these without a second thought.
15 Top Face Washes for Sensitive Skin
On this page:
- 1. Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser
- 2. La Roche-Posay Toleriane Hydrating Gentle Face Wash
- 3. Nivea Women Face Wash for Sensitive Skin
- 4. Blue Nectar Organic Face Wash
- 5. SkinKraft Face Wash For Sensitive Skin
- 6. Simple Kind To Skin Moisturising Facewash
- 7. RE’ EQUIL Oil Control Anti Acne Face Wash
- 8. Lotus Herbals WhiteGlow Face Wash
- 9. Biotique Honey Gel Face Wash
- 10. mCaffeine Coffee Face Wash
- 11. Kaya Sensitive Face Cleanser
- 12. The Derma Co Creamy Face Cleanser for Sensitive Skin
- 13. Dermafique Perfect pH Face wash
- 14. Jovees Herbal Tea Tree Oil Control Face Wash
- 15. CURATIO Fash X Gel Purifying Face Wash
- Which face wash is best for sensitive skin?
- Can sensitive skin use face wash?
- How to choose a face wash for your skin type?
- How do you wash sensitive skin?
1. Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser
Cetaphil has been a top recommendation for many dermatologists and doctors for more than 70 years. It promotes and specialises in gentle skin care.
Notable Features of Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser:
- A combination of Niacinamide, Hydrating Glycerin, and pro-Vitamin B5 has been used in this product. It helps retain the natural moisture barrier of the skin.
- The Micellar Technology used in the formulation aids in efficiently removing dirt, impurities and makeup without causing any harm or irritation to the skin.
- Keeps skin hydrated for long hours
- Clinically proven
Why We Picked Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser?
This product offers comprehensive protection against five types of skin sensitivity, namely irritation, dryness, tightness, roughness and weakened skin barrier. That is why it is a great face wash for sensitive skin.
2. La Roche-Posay Toleriane Hydrating Gentle Face Wash
La Roche-Posay is an internationally famed skincare brand. It creates all products with the utmost care and safety. You will find products addressing an array of skin concerns at La Roche-Posay, including one of the best face washes for sensitive skin.
Notable Features of La Roche-Posay Toleriane Hydrating Gentle Face Wash:
- The prebiotic thermal water in the face wash acts as a soothing antioxidant.
- Ceramide-3 keeps natural moisture intact and the skin barrier healthy.
- Niacinamide has restoring and soothing properties.
- Moisturises the skin
- Dermatologically tested
Why We Picked La Roche-Posay Toleriane Hydrating Gentle Face Wash?
Many people with sensitive skin have trusted this face wash. It has a creamy texture that is gentle on the skin. So, this can keep your skin clean and free of any dirt without making it rough.
3. Nivea Women Face Wash for Sensitive Skin
Nivea is a popular name with a huge customer base all around the globe. Throughout its 130 years of existence, the company has always kept the customers’ needs at the centre of its focus. Sustainability also is a major driving factor for the company.
Notable Features of Nivea Women Face Wash for Sensitive Skin:
- Milk and rose water are the two key ingredients of this product.
- Milk is a natural cleanser that gets rid of impurities and dirt while nourishing the skin.
- Rose is known to have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Gives a naturally healthy glow
- Gentle on the skin
Why We Picked Nivea Women Face Wash for Sensitive Skin?
The product has multiple benefits. That being said, we have kept it on the running for the best face wash for sensitive skin in India majorly because of its ideal pH level.
4. Blue Nectar Organic Face Wash
Blue Nectar has launched more than 150 products, all ayurvedic. The brand wants to bring the goodness of nature to everyone’s skincare regime. It currently combines natural ingredients and ayurvedic recipes to carefully formulate a wide variety of products.
Notable Features of Blue Nectar Organic Face Wash:
- Nagkesar and anantmool protect the skin against pollution. They also unclog the pores.
- Honey keeps the skin moisturised and the pores tight.
- Aloe vera removes dirt from the skin.
- Ceylon ironwood improves the texture of the skin.
- Natural ingredients
- No animal cruelty
- A little pricey
Why We Picked Blue Nectar Organic Face Wash?
This face wash can give sensitive as well as oily skin complete protection against pollutants along with the goodness of natural herbs. That is why this is a must-mention product on the lookout for the best face wash for sensitive and oily skin.
5. SkinKraft Face Wash For Sensitive Skin
SkinKraft is one of India’s first brands to offer customised skin and hair care products. It allows its customers to personalise and modify formulations based on their skin and hair concerns. Quality ingredients and thorough testing have paved the brand’s way to success.
Notable Features of SkinKraft Face Wash For Sensitive Skin:
- Lauryl glucoside deep cleanses the pores by getting rid of dirt and oil.
- Allantoin keeps the skin hydrated.
- Chamomile extract has soothing effects on the skin.
- Reduces redness
- Animal cruelty-free
Why We Picked Blue Nectar Organic Face Wash?
One key aspect that many look for in an ideal face wash for sensitive skin in India is the presence of hypoallergenic properties to reduce the chances of allergic reactions. This face wash has the same effect.
6. Simple Kind To Skin Moisturising Facewash
Like its name, this skincare brand believes in offering simple solutions to all skin concerns. Creating an approachable and fuss-free skincare brand is its prime objective. Kindness is an integrated part of Simple’s mission.
Notable Features of Simple Kind To Skin Moisturising Facewash:
- Pro-Vitamin B5 makes the skin soft.
- Vitamin E provides nourishment.
- Bisabolol is a moisturising agent.
- Zero soap
- Zero alcohol
- Zero paraben
- No harsh chemicals
- Dermatologically tested
- PETA verified
7. RE’ EQUIL Oil Control Anti Acne Face Wash
Born in 2018, RE’ EQUIL operates with the mantra of efficacy. Each product launched by the company is watchfully created by scientists and tested by dermatologists. It values the feedback of its customers and is always willing to take steps for necessary changes.
Notable Features of RE’ EQUIL Oil Control Anti Acne Face Wash:
- Zinc PCA prevents excess sebum production and prevents clogging of the pores.
- Cocamidopropyl Betaine binds dirt, oil and other impurities. It makes washing them off easier.
- Citric acid helps with skin exfoliation.
- Its formulation makes it one of the best face washes for sensitive and acne-prone skin.
- Manages excess sebum production
- No soap
- No sulphate
- No Paraben
8. Lotus Herbals WhiteGlow Face Wash
In its 25 years-long journey of beautifying people, Lotus Herbal has earned a lot of love from its customers. It manufactures effective herbal cosmetic products of a huge range. It has a great addition to our list of the top face washes for sensitive skin in India as well.
Notable Features of Lotus Herbals WhiteGlow Face Wash:
- Aloe vera is a key ingredient in this face wash. This ingredient helps manage the skin’s pH level.
- Saxifraga is another ingredient that lessens blemishes and dark spots.
- Milk enzymes bring out your natural glow.
- Increases skin’s radiance
- Brightens the skin
- Goodness of natural ingredients
- Animal cruelty-free
- Not expensive
9. Biotique Honey Gel Face Wash
Biotique uses Ayurveda to produce skincare and hair care products. A knack for quality and sustainability coupled with the commitment to use natural ingredients make the brand special. Presently, it is working to fulfil the diverse needs of its customers.
Notable Features of Biotique Honey Gel Face Wash:
- Honey is a major ingredient used in this face wash. It keeps the skin hydrated.
- Other ingredients include Arjun, banhaldi, chhoti duddhi, Himalayan water and ritha.
- Nourishes the skin
- Pure botanical extracts
- Soap-free formula
10. mCaffeine Coffee Face Wash
mCaffeine is the first ever caffeinated skincare brand in India. Its caffeine-based products have attracted many customers and so has its dedication to leaving zero plastic footprints.
Notable Features of mCaffeine Coffee Face Wash:
- Its key ingredient is coffee which cleanses the skin deeply and brings out a natural glow.
- Hyaluronic acid retains moisture.
- Pro-Vitamin B5 prevents dryness.
- Only natural ingredients
- Alluring aroma of coffee
- No SLS
- No Paraben
11. Kaya Sensitive Face Cleanser
Kaya has a strong presence in India with 94 clinics, as well as in the Middle East with 23 clinics. Its solutions and offerings are aimed to help people gain flawless skin and hair. Talking about the most suitable face wash for sensitive skin, Kaya has a great option for you.
Notable Features of Kaya Sensitive Face Cleanser:
- There are natural fatty acids combined with proteins.
- These ingredients help maintain the pH level of the skin.
- Retains natural oil
- Makes the skin supple and moisturised
12. The Derma Co Creamy Face Cleanser for Sensitive Skin
The Derma Co uses effective and safe science-based ingredients to make products addressing many skin and hair concerns. At The Derma Co, you will find multiple products, including one of the best face washes for dry and sensitive skin in India.
Notable Features of The Derma Co Creamy Face Cleanser for Sensitive Skin:
- Cetyl Alcohol makes the outer skin layer soft and smooth. Thus, it reduces the recurrence of flaky skin.
- Stearyl Alcohol keeps the skin hydrated and soft. It also prevents cracking, irritation and peeling.
- Moisturising properties
- Zero soap
13. Dermafique Perfect pH Face wash
Dermafique considers itself to be a skincare system that is essential and intelligent. It collaborates with skin psychology to find out solutions for skin concerns. Also, it brings potent ingredients and scientific innovation together.
Notable Features of Dermafique Perfect Ph Face wash:
- Vitamin E and Chamomile extracts are used in its formulation.
- These two ingredients reduce cell damage.
- It mildly cleanses the skin while retaining natural moisture.
- Nourishes the skin
- Soap free
- Dermatologist verified
14. Jovees Herbal Tea Tree Oil Control Face Wash
Jovees Herbal harnesses the goodness of herbal, natural and non-toxic ingredients to make beneficial solutions for hair and skin. The brand’s approach is completely customer-centric.
Notable Features of Jovees Herbal Tea Tree Oil Control Face Wash:
- Tea tree deep cleanses the pores and keeps dirt away. This ingredient makes this product a must-try when you need the best face wash for sensitive skin with acne.
- Lemon extracts remove dead skin cells.
- Vitamin E diminishes dark spots and acne marks.
- Reduces oil build-up
- Prevents acne
- Dermatologist tested
15. CURATIO Fash X Gel Purifying Face Wash
CURATIO is one of India’s top healthcare companies. It aims to produce innovative products with affordable price tags. To fulfil its aim, it is always up-to-date with the market’s demand and quick to innovate.
Notable Features of CURATIO Fash X Gel Purifying Face Wash:
- Decyl Glucoside, Capryloyl Glycine and Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate have been used in this product.
- It is ideal for acne and pimple-prone skin.
- Removes dirt and dead skin cells
- Gives hydrated and healthy skin
In terms of benefits offered and customers’ reviews, the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser is surely an ideal pick. However, if you have issues like excessive sebum production, oil build-up or acne, RE’ EQUIL Oil Control Anti Acne Face Wash and Blue Nectar Organic Face Wash are also good options. Have a look at the list, see which face wash seems most suitable for your skin concern and then choose a product.
Which face wash is best for sensitive skin?
One of the best face washes for sensitive skin is Cetaphil’s Gentle Skin Cleanser. Other face washes on this list are also worth a buy.
Can sensitive skin use face wash?
Yes, all skin types need to use face wash to clean and maintain their skin. Sensitive skin needs a face wash too. However, it should be gentle, soap-free, and free from parabens and sulphates.
How to choose a face wash for your skin type?
Skin concerns, skin type, ingredients of the face wash, and type of face wash (if it’s gel, cream, or foam) are important things you can factor in before buying a face wash for your skin type. People with dry skin should use cream-based face washes that nourish and moisturise their skin. People with oily skin should use gel or foam-based cleansers that control excess oil production and keep their skin matte and hydrated. People with sensitive skin can go for face washes that are gentle, soap-free, and free of harmful chemicals.
How do you wash sensitive skin?
Once you have a suitable face wash for your skin type, use it once or twice a day and wash it off with cool or warm water. Avoid unnecessary products that may hinder your skin health and also rule out other dermatological and environmental factors that may be causing sensitivity. Make sure there are no ingredients in the face wash you might be allergic to.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
Each of CashKaro’s reviews is curated attentively by experts in different fields. All available products and brands in the market go through proper scrutiny before making any list. While curating the list of the best face washes for sensitive skin, the experts have evaluated all products and then selected the ones with maximum benefits and all good reviews.