We like to see our hair on our scalp and not on our hairbands, pillows, hair brushes and so on. We’re sure you feel the same way. If you’ve been watching your hair lying around in places it should not be, you should definitely read on. Following are some tips that can help control hair fall, whether it’s mild or severe.
Also Read: How To Stop Hair Fall
1. Control Dandruff
Dandruff is one of the most common cause for hair fall. Control dandruff by using home remedies or dandruff shampoo in order to stop hair fall. Choose from the best anti-dandruff shampoos which are free from SLS and parabens for best results.
2. Use Conditioner
When hair is dry and damaged, it becomes brittle and falls. Make sure you use a conditioner every time you shampoo to lock in moisture and get stronger hair which is less prone to breakage.
Also Read: Reasons For Hair Fall
Another way of keeping hair and scalp moisturized is by oiling. Strengthening oils like coconut, olive and almond oil can be used for hot oil treatments. These will keep hair strong and decrease breakage.
4. Less Hair Products & Styling
Using too much product and heat styling appliances can erode hair cuticles and cause breakage and hair fall. Avoid this situation by using natural products and staying far away from straighteners, curlers etc.
5. Tie It Lose
Tying up your hair in tight updos or ponytails can makes strands weak and eventually cause hair fall. By tying them into loose braids and ponytails, you can avoid unnecessary hair loss.
6. Balanced Diet
Eat food that is good for hair such as proteins like chicken and fish, fruits and nuts and milk contain the right vitamins, minerals, proteins and calcium cause hair to grow quickly.
Check out: Foods For Hair Growth
7. Drink Water
Staying hydrated is important as hair also needs water in order to stay healthy. Not drinking enough water can cause dryness and hair fall.
8. Exercise Regularly
Exercising increases blood flow to the scalp, making it healthier. This in turn makes hair healthy, string and less prone to breakage.
9. Shampoo Type
Try using strengthening shampoos which make the hair roots strong. Follow up with strengthening conditioner for added protection.
Also Read: Best Shampoos For Hair Fall
10. Use Home Remedies
Use home remedies in order to curb hair fall. Some hair fall home remedies include:
- Aloe Vera Hair Pack
- Coconut Milk Hair Pack
- Egg White Hair Mask
- Neem Hair RIinse
- Potato and Honey Hair Pack
- Lemon Juice Rinse
- Henna Hair Mask
- Curry Leaves & Coconut Oil Massage
- Indian Gooseberry Rinse
Do’s & Don’ts of Hair Fall
- Use a wide tooth comb for brushing as it causes less breakage
- Get frequent trims to get rid of damaging split ends
- Pat hair dry with a towel or soft tshirt
- Oil hair regularly
- Eat a protein, vitamins and minerals based diet
- Keep scalp clean by shampooing, conditioning and oiling regularly
- Do not brush hair while it is damp as it causes breakage
- Do not use too much chemicals or heat styling products on hair
- Do not consume too much junk food as nutrient deficiencies cause hair fall
- Do not take steaming hot showers as they strip hair of protective natural oils
- Do not shampoo too much as this can make hair weak
Keeping these tips in mind, you can make sure you never have to deal with fallen hair again!
Similar Stories That Might Interest You
- 5 Best Herbal Shampoos For Hair Fall Control in India
- Himalaya Anti Hair Fall Shampoo
- Patanjali Hair Fall Shampoo Review
- Matrix Shampoo For Hair Fall