Wireless networking has taken the front foot in our uber-connected world. Today we have many Wi-Fi-enabled devices lying around in our houses that raise the need for a wireless router for efficient networking. So, if you’re looking for a device that helps you efficiently work from home, stream videos and play online games, here are some of the best Wi-Fi routers for home in India.
Our Top Recommendations
How Do We Choose the Best Wi-Fi Routers for You?
With advancing Wi-Fi technologies, choosing the best Wi-Fi router with a decent range could be a tad confusing. However, if you’re looking for something that offers exceptional internet performance, you can consider picking one of these best routers for home and smaller spaces. Buy one for yourself to get started. Here are some factors that you can consider before buying.
Check for frequencies and make sure it’s at least 5 GHz as that will allow you to have stronger connectivity and smoother connections with multiple devices. Also, go for dual-band and tri-band routers instead of single-band routers.
Speed and Range
If you want to experience uninterrupted videos, movies, and browsing, choosing a higher speed is essential. Go for a router that offers at least 400 MBPS and more. In addition to this here you can also check some of the best home projectors & LED TVs in India.
List of Top 9 Wi-Fi Routers for Home in India
ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300
ASUS is a Taiwanese brand that makes world-class electronics, computers, and networking products. It was founded in 1989 by Ted Hsu, M.T. Liao, Wayne Tsiah, T.H. Tung, and Luca D.M and has its headquarters in Beitou District, Taipei, Taiwan.
Prominent Features of the ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Router:
- This tri-band Wi-Fi router has a quad-core processor
- Features 2 USB ports, a WAN port and 8 LAN ports for multi-connectivity
- One of the best gaming routers out there
- This wireless device offers ultimate network performance and uninterrupted play
- Supports AiMesh and connects to ASUS routers for a flexible, complete Wi-Fi network
- Best Wi-Fi router for home network security
- Game boost technology
- 4K streaming and HD gaming
- Customisable gaming network
- A little pricey
Tenda F6 V4.0 Wi-Fi Router
Founded in 1999, Tenda Technologies is another leading networking solutions company that is quite prominent in India. The Shenzen-based company retails home networking and business networking products, switch, broadband CPE, gateway, powerlines, mobile broadband, and IP cameras.
Prominent Features of the Tenda F6 Wireless Router:
- Offers a data transfer rate of 300 MBPS
- Features 4x5dBi high gain omnidirectional antennas for full home coverage
- Single-band frequency
- Supports ISP and Universal Repeater
- Low power consumption
- Up to 500 square feet of coverage
- Easy setup
- Advanced settings may not be available
- Weak connectivity
Why We Picked the Tenda Wireless Router?
Tenda F6 Wireless Router is a slender Wi-Fi router best for home use. It offers a wider coverage and faster connection and has four high-frequency undetachable antennas for stable speed. The router works well with cable broadbands and blankets your house.
You get up to 300 Mbps speed over the 2.4GHz band, which is enough to browse the internet and stream videos online. This Wi-Fi router can adjust bandwidth depending upon the importance of apps running on your device.
Huawei A3X Wi-Fi Router
Established in 1987, Huawei is a prominent manufacturer of networking equipment, smartphones, and other electronic devices. This Chinese brand has a solid customer base in India and you can easily find its products online.
Prominent Features of the Huawei AX3 Wi-Fi Router:
- Dual-band router with 1024-QAM and 160 MHz frequency bandwidth
- Maximum speed is up to 3000 MBPS
- Can connect up to 128 devices at once
- Has a massive bandwidth
- Reduced power consumption
- Smooth connectivity with multiple devices
- Larger bandwidth
- Connection strength may not be the best
D-Link DIR-615 Wireless-N300 Router
D-Link is a leading networking equipment company that was founded in 1986. It was earlier known as Datex Systems Inc and later changed its name to D-Link in 1994. The company has its head office in Tapei, Taiwan.
Prominent Features of the D-Link DIR 615 Wireless Router:
- Offers 300 MBPS wireless speed with an omnidirectional antenna
- Has a single-band frequency
- Offers advanced security with WPA/WPA2 and firewall NAT, SPI, IP Filter, MAC Filter, DMZ, DDos prevention
- Supports IPv6, TR-069, VLAN, and static routing
- Quick and easy setup
- Repeater mode to extend the wireless coverage
- It has dual active firewalls to prevent potential attacks
- No major cons
Why We Picked the D-Link DIR 615 Wireless Router?
D-Link DIR-615 is the best Wi-Fi router for home use that can spread the internet connection across wired and wireless devices. It features a Repeater Mode, which means it extends the reach of your existing wireless network. In addition, the Wi-Fi router can be easily configured and utilises dual active firewalls to protect your internet from potential virus or malware attacks.
This Wi-Fi router operates at a speed of 300 Mbps, so you can share, download, and upload at uninterrupted high speeds.
Netgear Nighthawk R7000P
Netgear Inc is a popular American company that was founded in 1996 by Patrick Lo and Mark G. Merrill. The brand manufactures networking hardware products that are widely used in homes and offices across the globe. The company is headquartered in San Jose, California.
Prominent Features of the Netgear Nighthawk Router:
- Offers WiFi speeds up to 300+900 MBPS
- Works well with N150, N300, N600 and AC devices
- Has dual-band frequency
- Has external antennas for wide coverage
- Voice command control
- Parental control
- Compatible with major service providers
- Best router for gaming and uninterrupted streaming
- You may face some tech issues while installing
Why We Picked the Netgear Nighthawk Router?
One of the best dual-band routers for wireless internet requirements, Netgear Nighthawk can stream the internet on multiple devices at a time. This router connects to multiple devices and has a powerful 1GHz dual-core processor for better video streaming and faster surfing.
Thanks to its dynamic Qos, it can even prioritise network traffic as per the device’s usage and application. Netgear Nighthawk is the best Wi-Fi router for home use if you’re looking for a relay router with better Wi-Fi coverage and fast speed.
TP-Link is one of the most popular manufacturers of computer networking products around the globe. This Hong Kong and China-based brand was established in 1996 by Zhao Jianjun and Zhao Jiaxing. It majorly retails wifi routers, DSL gateways, switches, and IP cameras.
Prominent Features of the TP-Link TL-WR841N Wi-Fi Router:
- Offers 300 MBPS wireless speed for uninterrupted internet usage
- Single-band frequency
- Has a separate guest network
- Comes with a bandwidth control
- Parental control allows you to limit access to devices
- Supported by ISPs such as ACT Fibernet, Airtel Fibernet, Hathway, Tikona, YOU Broadband, SITI, etc
- Two antennas to increase the wireless stability
- Features parental control
- Guest network secures the home network
- Affordable and good quality
- Complaints of performance issues
Why We Picked the TP-Link TL-WR841N Wi-Fi Router?
The TP-Link TL-WR841N is the best router under Rs 2000 and is a perfect choice if you’re looking for a device with wider compatibility. It has an ideal speed of 300 Mbps for uninterrupted HD video streaming, online gaming, and downloading and features dual antennas for better wireless stability and range.
Besides this, you get to set limits on how and when devices can connect to the internet. This is the best Wi-Fi router for home use that features four ethernet ports for faster connections when connected through wires
Founded in 1988 by Victor Tsao and Janie Tsao, Linksys is a leading networking electronics company. It majorly retails WiFi routers, mesh WiFi systems, Wifi extenders, access points, network switches, and WiFi networking products. The company is headquartered in Irvine, California.
Prominent Features of the Linksys E5600 Router:
- One of the best dual-band routers that can support up to 10 devices and has a speed of 1.2 Gbps
- The router quickly doubles the bandwidth for uninterrupted play and maximising the output
- It has 4-gigabit ethernet ports that support fast connections and quick file transfer
- Ideal for home usage and can be customised with guest access and parental controls
- Covers an area of up to 1,000 sq. ft.
- Browser-based installation
- No lag or buffer streaming
- You may face some connectivity issues
Xiaomi is a renowned name in the smartphones and electronics industries around the globe. The brand was founded in 2010 and is known as one of the largest smartphone manufacturers in the world. Apart from acing the smartphone game, it also makes wifi routers, power banks, etc.
Prominent Features of the Xiaomi Smart Router:
- Dynamic 2.5 GHz router with 300 MBPS speed
- Has 16 MB ROM
- Supports iOS, web, and Android devices
- Has 4 high-performance antennas for better coverage
- Can be controlled via the Mi Wi-Fi app
- Has parental controls
- Up to 400 sqft of coverage area
- Easy to use and install
- Connectivity issues
TP-Link Archer C20 AC750 Wireless Dual Band Router
Making it to our list for the second time is TP-Link. The brand knows no bounds when it comes to making top-notch wifi routers that are both affordable and highly functional for personal and professional uses.
Prominent Features of the TP-Link ArcherC20 AC750 Router:
- It features three external antennas that provide stable omnidirectional signals and optimum wireless coverage
- Its exceptional wireless performance offers stable signal and high-speed internet in every direction across greater distances
- A dual-band frequency router
- Allows the user to manage network settings, including access and parental controls
- Has 733 MBPS of total bandwidth
- Best Wi-Fi router for homes and areas up to 450 sq. ft.
- You get the flexibility of two dedicated networks
- 3 external antennas for stable signal and great wireless performance
- Might get disconnected abruptly
Why We Picked the TP-Link Archer C20 AC750 Router?
One of the best TP-link routers, TP-Link Archer C20 AC750 is a dual-band router that can operate at different Wi-Fi bandwidths to offer a speed of up to 300 Mbps and 433 Mbps, respectively. Tasks such as web browsing and emailing can be managed by the 2.4GHz band, while the 5 GHz band can handle tasks like online gaming or HD video streaming.
Imagining a life without a strong internet connection seems about impossible today and this is where wifi routers come into the picture. In this blog, we have listed some of the best wifi routers in India on the basis of connectivity capabilities, speed, and range. Our personal favourites are D-Link, Tenda, and ASUS but you can choose whichever you like from the list above.
What are the best Wifi router brands in India?
The best WiFi router brands are TP-Link, D-Link, Tenda, ASUS, and Huawei as all of them stand out in one way or another.
What are the best dual-band routers in India?
TP-Link Archer C20 AC750 Wireless Dual Band Router, Netgear Nighthawk, and Linksys E5600 are some of the best dual-band routers in India.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
We have a team of qualified researchers who try, test and study several products before curating these lists. For this blog, we considered factors such as frequency, bandwidth, speed, and range to pick the best WiFi routers in the market. Our goal is to ensure that you get the best product suggestions and make a fruitful purchase.