There is hardly any woman who does not swear by glossy lipsticks. A must-have in your make-up kit, it is one of the bare essentials that can add oodles of glamour and style to your look, be it everyday office-goers or weekend party animals. With a plethora of brands offering glossy lipsticks at various prices, it often becomes a challenging task to settle for a product that will be best suited to your budget as well as your taste. Read on to get a thorough idea of the best glossy lipstick brands before taking your pick. After all, it isn’t simply about choosing the right shade, but it should also be pocket-friendly without compromising on the quality!
|Our Top Recommendations||Best Prices on Amazon|
How Do We Choose the Best Glossy Lipstick Brands for You?
Everyone who enjoys wearing lipstick understands the thrill of collecting new shades to add to their collection. However, because various shades appear differently on different individuals, many people spend an unending amount of time searching for the ideal shade. In India, good quality glossy lipstick costs anywhere between Rs 190 and Rs 620. Before you go through our suggestions of the best glossy lipstick brands that are available in India, we would love it if you first go through the factors that we took into consideration while deciding on the best products for you.
The first thing you should determine while buying lipstick is to consider your skin type and complexion. Different shades bring out different colours of skin, and you must be aware of the shades that complement your skin tone.
For Fair Skin: Choose vibrant hues like red, pink, poppy, and purple. Additionally, some of the finest lipstick colours for fair complexion are neutral pinks and light browns. Avoid using frosted or really pale lipsticks since they may make you seem washed out.
For Dark Skin: Choose deep hues like wine, cherry, berry, and traditional red. Dark skin also looks great with rich browns, mocha, and maroon. We recommend that you avoid using faint and delicate colours, like pastel or baby pink, or nudes.
Size and Shape of Lips
Knowing the contour of your lips, from top-heavy to bottom-heavy to asymmetrical lips, is crucial. You may then decide whether or not to use a lip pencil. We recommend that you try understanding the size of your lips, whether they are thin or full. You’ll learn which lipstick colours complement one other and which ones don’t by doing this.
Good quality lipstick should be intensely pigmented and durable. To get a flawless finish, you can coat your lips with lip balm. When buying glossy lipstick, make sure you buy one which does not feel heavy on your lips.
You should always take a look at the ingredient list before purchasing anything. Avoid utilising lipsticks that include a lot of chemicals since they might have unfavourable impacts that you definitely don’t want. Look for lipsticks that include vitamins, shea butter, cocoa butter, and natural pigments instead.
List of The Best Glossy Lipsticks Brands in India
On this page:
- 1. Lakme
- 2. Colorbar
- 3. Incolor
- 4. Rimmel London
- 5. Maybelline
- 6. L’Oreal Paris
- 7. Sugar Cosmetics
- 8. Revlon
- 9. Insight
- 10. Renee
- 11. Avon
- 12. Lotus Herbals
- What type of lipstick is shiny?
- Which lipstick is best: matte or glossy?
- Can I apply lip gloss without lipstick?
- Which type of lipstick is best?
- Is lip gloss good for lips?
Owned by Hindustan Unilever, this is by far the most popular Indian cosmetics brand that specialises in a wide array of skincare and beauty products. The glossy lipsticks offered by this brand are perfectly suited for the quintessential Indian woman and are very affordable. You can choose from a number of shades, all of which are meant to complement Indian skin tones.
Prominent Features of the Lakme Glossy Lipstick:
- Lakme Glossy Lipsticks provide extra shine and makes your lips look extra plump
- The lipsticks are ultra creamy and great for daily wear as well as special occasions
- The glossy lipsticks feature high-shine pigments and marine collagen to keep your lips moisturised and plump at all times
- Dermatologically tested
- Smooth application
- Rich pigmentation
Why We Picked the Lakme Glossy Lipstick?
The Lakme Glossy Lipstick is the perfect complement to Indian beauty standards. The lipstick glides on smoothly and feels extremely light on the lips. It has a delicious shine and has passed dermatological testing, making it safe to use.
Must Check: Lakme Products
One of the most reputed beauty products brands in India, Colorbar offers glossy lipsticks at affordable prices. Launched in 2005, this premium brand offers wonderful formulations when it comes to glossy lipsticks, which glide on flawlessly and promises high pigmentation. With just one stroke, you can get stunning colours along with the glamorous gloss.
Prominent Features of the Colorbar Glossy Lipstick:
- The glossy, highly pigmented finish of this simple-to-apply glossy lipstick glides smoothly over the lips for a long-wear shine
- As you apply the creamy, rich substance, it clings to your lips and gives them a silky-smooth finish, complementing their natural appearance
- The Colorbar Glossy Lipstick is enriched with Lotus flower extract, making it healthy for your lips
- Lightweight formula
- Free from parabens
- Dermatologically tested
Why We Picked the Colorbar Glossy Lipstick?
The Colorbar Glossy Lipstick is very light and paraben-free. This glossy, highly pigmented lip gloss glides on smoothly for a long-wear shine and is simple to apply.
This leading global beauty company was founded in 2009, offering international formulations and packaging in its products. If you want a soft and smooth texture, long stay, intense finish, and competitive prices, Incolor glossy lipsticks will simply bowl you over.
Prominent Features of the Incolor Glossy Lipstick:
- The Incolor Glossy Lipsticks provide a rich lip colour which maintains its shade for up to 10 hours
- The formula is waterproof and smudge-proof and has a priming base
- The Incolor Glossy Lipstick is lightweight and seals in moisture and colour
- Lightweight texture
- This is a waterproof & smudge-proof lipstick
- Rich pigmentation
Why We Picked the Incolor Glossy Lipstick?
Incolor is focused on enhancing your sense of beauty. Because modern women want modern beauty products, the company has created a line that includes everything from perfumes to bath and body, luxury and wellness items to skincare and hair care. Additionally, the texture of the lips is really light, and it doesn’t feel too heavy on the lips.
4. Rimmel London
Originally founded as a perfumery in 1834, this British brand eventually expanded to makeup products, ranging from mascaras to lipsticks. When it comes to glossy lipsticks, buyers can expect sensual and radiant shades that ensure densely pigmented, visibly smooth and plump lips. The satin-smooth shimmer will give you a bold look for any occasion.
Prominent Features of the Rimmel London Glossy Lipstick:
- Enjoy Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick’s stunning beauty and pleasantly bright colour
- The perfect lip appearance is created in a matter of seconds by its creamy texture and long-lasting composition
- To cover your pout with intensely pigmented glossy lipstick, the long-lasting lip colour that won’t budge for up to eight hours
- Provides up to 8 hours of chic natural glow
- Comfortable, silky, and creamy texture
- Easy application
Why We Picked the Rimmel London Glossy Lipstick?
With this collection of gorgeous colours, turn heads and shatter hearts. Due to its dramatic, powerful colour that stays on your lips for up to 8 hours without reapplying, this Rimmel lipstick is a need for makeup artists and enthusiasts.
Furthermore, if you are looking for good quality matte lipstick, here is our blog, where we have mentioned some of the best matte lipstick brands in India. Do have a look.
One of the several subsidiary brands of L’Oreal, Maybelline, was founded back in 1915. The company was started by a 19-year-old entrepreneur Thomas Lyle Williams. The 102-year-old company’s headquarters is in New York, though the brand enjoys global popularity. Maybelline glossy lipsticks are not only one of the safest lip products but also gluten-free. The ultra-care hydrating formula, coupled with the intense colour payoff, make these a must-have.
Prominent Features of the Maybelline Glossy Lipstick:
- The Maybelline Superstay Vinyl Ink Lipstick gives your lips an immediate shine and rich, saturated colour
- This transfer-proof lipstick lasts for up to 16 hours, giving you shiny lips all-day
- Applies beautifully and feels comfortable on the lips since it is enriched with Vitamin E and Aloe
- Vegan formula
- Rich pigmentation
- Transfer-proof and smudge-proof
Why We Picked the L’Oreal Paris Glossy Lipstick?
Looking for lipstick with a long-lasting shine that won’t budge? Introducing the liquid glossy lip colour from Maybelline, which adds radiance and vibrant colour to your pout. With its Color Lock Formula, these Maybelline Vinyl lipsticks resist smudging and transferring. The lipstick’s long wear formula provides up to 16 hours of wear.
6. L’Oreal Paris
Founded in 1909, this is one of the most esteemed beauty brands in the world. This French cosmetics company holds the reputation of being one of the most ethical companies across the globe. Its glossy lipsticks are known for being high-quality, colour-rich, and long-wearing. These are available in custom shades that are made to suit all skin tones.
Prominent Features of the L’Oreal Paris Glossy Lipstick:
- Enriched with jojoba oil, velvet spheres, and pure pigments, these lipsticks lend a luscious, hydrated and glossy look to your lips
- The L’Oreal Paris Glossy Lipstick is very pigmented and provides full coverage
- The innovative applicator evenly distributes vivid, liquid lipstick to lips in one motion for easy wear
- Extremely pigmented
- Wide variety of shades
- Easy to wear
Why We Picked the L’Oreal Paris Glossy Lipstick?
Use the L’Oreal glossy lipstick to coat your lips in a high-impact liquid lip colour. The pigmented liquid lip colours are offered in a wide range of colours, from sheer to bold. Use the applicator to make a pointed tip to draw a line for the lips and then fill it in.
7. Sugar Cosmetics
Sugar Cosmetics claims to be for women who refuse to be stereotyped into roles. Their range of glossy lipsticks is 100% cruelty-free and vegan. These high-quality lipsticks offer a high colour payoff and long-staying power. For optimal lip coverage and a smooth application, the Sugar Cosmetics glossy lipsticks have a heart-shaped brush applicator.
Prominent Features of the Sugar Cosmetics Glossy Lipstick:
- The Sugar Cosmetics Glossy Lipstick is enriched with jojoba oil for intense nourishment to your lips
- The formula of the lipstick is non-sticky, opaque, and highly pigmented
- For a stunning pout, dab the applicator in the product bottle and apply a bit
- Easy-to-use applicator
- Rich pigmentation
- Provides nourishment
In the field of colour cosmetics and hair care, Revlon has established a long-standing reputation as a colour expert and a trailblazer in the beauty industry. Since the groundbreaking introduction of the first opaque nail enamel in 1932, Revlon has offered customers top-notch product innovation, functionality, and glitzy sophistication. The Revlon Glossy Lipsticks provide a really vivid and creamy texture.
Prominent Features of the Revlon Glossy Lipstick:
- This cult classic lipstick has the ideal blend of intense colour and a very hydrating texture
- The bright colours of this lipstick are achieved by using microfine particles, which also give it a lightweight feel
- Avocado oil and vitamin E are added to the mixture, giving it a buttery and glossy feel
- Lightweight, non-caking formula
- Variety of shades
Insight is a one-stop cosmetics shop offering a variety of beauty goods for the majority of skin types and skin tones. Insight glossy lipsticks provide regular moisturising with a silky feel. The lipstick makes lips smooth, relaxes your weary lips, and offers a new look.
Prominent Features of the Insight Glossy Lipstick:
- Insight glossy lipsticks instantly give the appearance of larger, plumper lips
- The lipstick contains a non-sticky composition that gives your lips a beautiful gloss
- Additionally, the glossy lipstick is enriched with jojoba oil for increased nutrient absorption
- Makes lips look plump
- Nourishes the lips
- Non-sticky formula
The glossy lipsticks from Renee are specially formulated with rich jojoba oil, shea butter, and vitamin E. They moisturise chapped lips and provide them with the nutrition they need. It is non-sticky and gives your smile the perfect amount of vivid glitter. Use it every day, or dress up for your most anticipated celebration with various glossy hues.
Prominent Features of the Renee Glossy Lipstick:
- This glossy lipstick from Renee rapidly moisturises your lips without being sticky or heavy
- Additionally, they are comfortable enough to be worn for extended periods of time
- Includes avocado, macadamia seed oil, and shea butter that restores and nourishes your lips while also giving them a subdued translucent hue
- Furthermore, the application is made fuss-free and pleasurable because of the easy-glide and moisture-lock formulas
- Skin-friendly glitter particles
- Vegan and cruelty-free
- Non-sticky formula
Founded by David H. McConnell in 1886, Avon is a direct-selling company in the beauty, household and personal care categories. It offers a wide array of glossy lipsticks at affordable prices. These ensure great coverage and stay up to several hours while being lightweight and richly pigmented.
Prominent Features of the Avon Glossy Lipstick:
- The moisturising glossy lipstick from Avon keeps lips moisturised and nourished
- Additionally, the lipstick shields lips from damaging UV radiation
- Shea Butter, Vitamin E, and Omega 3 are included for the nourishment of the lips
- The non-sticky formula for glossy, healthy lips is something to adore about the Avon glossy lipstick
- SPF 15 sun protection
- Easily glides across lips
- Single-stroke application
- Non-sticky formula
12. Lotus Herbals
One of India’s most popular natural cosmetics companies, Lotus Herbals, was started in 1993. This brand takes pride in offering a blend of ancient wisdom from the Vedas and modern technology. Those who prefer to stick to natural-based and preservative-free glossy lipsticks will surely dig this brand. The natural extracts keep your lips moisturised and hydrated, besides giving them a healthy shine.
Prominent Features of the Lotus Herbals Glossy Lipstick:
- Intense pigments and conditioners have been mixed with Lotus lipstick to create an ultra-creamy solution
- Olive butter enrichment can give lips a firmer, fuller, and smoother appearance
- With the Cushion Gel Technology, you can get rich pigmentation with the Lotus Herbals Glossy Lipstick
- Gives your lips definition
- Hydrating properties
- The ideal balance of colour and shine
Based on our research, Lakme, Colorbar, and Incolor are our top picks for the best glossy lipstick brands in India. We also considered factors like complexion, size and shape of lips, formula, and ingredients while making our recommendations for the best glossy lipstick brands in India. We would like to know which one worked out best for you.
What type of lipstick is shiny?
Glossy lipsticks are shiny. Known for its glossy shine that resembles lip gloss, glossy lipsticks give the lips a smooth and shiny appearance. The lipsticks are available in a variety of colours, from muted tones to vivid and bold shades.
Which lipstick is best: matte or glossy?
If you’re trying for a more formal or understated appearance, matte lipsticks are ideal since they are often seen as more sophisticated and modest. If your lips are a feature you want to play up, glossy lipstick is seen to be more dramatic and fun because of its shine.
Can I apply lip gloss without lipstick?
Yes, you can wear lip gloss without lipstick. A lip gloss is an elegant and ideal approach to give your no-makeup appearance a touch of colour and freshness.
Which type of lipstick is best?
For days when you don’t wear makeup, sheer or satin lipsticks offer your lips a delicate, moisturised look. Sheer and satin lipsticks provide a subtle wash of colour to your lips that you can build up by layering. Additionally, they are very smooth and nourishing.
Is lip gloss good for lips?
As you may have guessed, lip gloss is often just used for aesthetic reasons. The majority of glosses don’t have any moisturising or therapeutic properties. In fact, it often results in a coating that is excessively thick on your outer lips, which may make it challenging for your skin to breathe.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
Highly seasoned and qualified researchers at CashKaro work hard to supply you with the greatest market advice accessible online. To build a list of products you can trust, we examine numerous products and compare them based on a range of characteristics. We hope our recommendations of the best glossy lipstick brands have helped you out. We genuinely hope that this list will aid you in making an informed judgement.