A good liquid lipstick can amp up your style and mood like nothing else. Whether you are looking for a natural nude or ravishing red, there is always a liquid lipstick for you. Available in various formulas – from satin to sheer to matte, these liquids differ from each other based on their action, look and price points. We love everything about liquid lipsticks, but the one thing that stands out and is our favourite thing about liquid lipsticks is the fact you don’t need to touch them up often. Check out the best liquid lipstick brands you must add to your vanity for that perfect pout.
How Do We Choose the Best Liquid Lipsticks for You?
Liquid lipsticks have been the ultimate go-to for millions of people and for very valid reasons. The longevity they provide is perfect for someone who doesn’t have the time to do multiple touch-ups. In India, you can find good quality liquid lipstick ranging from Rs 250 to Rs 2,500. You can also find more high-end options if you want to, there’s an abundance of options in the more expensive range as well. When choosing one, look for some of these factors beforehand.
Not every lip shade will complement every skin tone and you should think twice before making the purchase. Most people have either warm or cool undertones to the skin which defines the shade range that would suit you. People with warmer undertones should go for more berry, copper, and warm brown or red shades while cool undertones should go for lipsticks with a blue or purple undertone. If you’re fair, almost every colour would suit you while deeper skin tones should avoid wearing paler colours as it might wash them out.
Liquid lipsticks come in multiple types that you can pick as per your choice and comfort. If you like your lipsticks to not budge at all through the day and look chic at the same time, go for a matte lipstick as it will last for an eternity. On the other hand, glossy liquid lipsticks have never gone out of vogue too. You can also go for tints that don’t feel too heavy and give you a natural look.
A good lipstick should be lightweight, supremely pigmented, and long-lasting. Many people share the concern of matte liquid lipsticks drying out their lips so it’s important to buy one that keeps your lips nourished. It is also important to apply a generous amount of lip balm to your lips to get a smooth finish.
No matter what you buy, you should read the ingredient list beforehand. Try to avoid using products with a lot of chemicals as they may cause adverse effects that you surely don’t want. Instead, look for lipsticks with clean and natural ingredients such as vitamins, shea butter, cocoa butter, and natural pigments.
|Our Top Picks||Best Prices on Amazon|
|Wet n Wild||Check Prices|
List of the Top 14 Liquid Lipstick Brands in India
On this page:
- 1. Wet n Wild Lipstick
- 2. Maybelline New York Super Stay Matte Ink
- 3. Sugar Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick
- 4. L’Oreal Paris Rouge Signature Matte Liquid Lipstick
- 5. Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Color Lipstick
- 6. Lakmé Absolute Matte Melt Liquid Lip Colour
- 7. Insight Non-Transfer Lip Color
- 8. MAC Retro Matte Liquid Lip Colour
- 9. NYX Soft Matte Metallic Lip Cream
- 10. Faces Canada Ultime Pro Longstay Liquid Lipstick
- 11. Colorbar Kiss Proof Lipstick
- 12. Avon Natural True Color Power Stay Lipstick
- 13. Chambor Extreme Wear Lipstick
- 14. Smashbox Always On Liquid Lipstick
- Which liquid lipstick is best in India?
- Which lipstick is best for daily use?
- Which lipstick is long-lasting matte or gloss?
1. Wet n Wild Lipstick
Wet n Wild is an American beauty and cosmetics brand that was launched in 1977. The company makes vegan and cruelty-free makeup on the affordable end and has a solid customer base across the globe.
Prominent Features of the Wet n Wild Liquid Lipstick:
- It looks glossy on application but dries to a matte finish
- The sweat-proof and drink-proof formula prevent the colour from fading or transferring onto glasses, handkerchiefs, tissues or masks
- It is comfortable to wear and offers a barely-there feel throughout the day
- One stroke of this lipstick is all you need to get that chiselled pout and fuller-looking lips
- Weighs 6 grams
- Short applicator for precise application
- Intensely pigmented
- Bold colour
- Can feel clumpy when layered
Why We Picked the Wet n Wild Liquid Lipstick?
The Wet n Wild Catsuit Liquid Lipstick has become a cult favorite across nations today! It has a smooth formula that glides on like butter and sets to an opaque matte finish, making your lips look defined and plump. Moreover, it won’t suck the moisture out of your lips and keep them nourished all day!
2. Maybelline New York Super Stay Matte Ink
Maybelline is the number one choice for makeup lovers in India. It’s Fit Me range took the world by storm and the brand ensures to launch top-notch products each year. Maybelline is owned by L’Oreal and is headquartered in Manhattan, New York, Us.
Prominent Features of the Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink:
- The range boasts of over 25 super pigmented shades that suit all skin tones and do not fade or budge even after an entire day of wearing it
- These super-saturated shades are extremely pigmented and glide on smoothly
- Unlike other liquid lipsticks, it does not make your lips parched; rather leaves them smooth and plump
- This pretty shade of red comes with pinkish undertones and is completely transfer-proof
- It is a comfortable formula to wear and leaves behind a matte finish that lasts longer than regular lipsticks
- Last for up to 16 hours
- Flawless matte finish
- Does not feather or bleed
- It sticks to your lips like ink and can be difficult to remove
- Maybe drying
Tip: Use micellar water or a makeup remover to remove this lipstick without any hassle.
Why We Picked the Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink?
If you’re looking for an affordable lipstick that doesn’t budge at all, Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink is the answer! You get intense pigment and lightweight formula. Besides, these lippers are transfer-proof so you can flaunt your lips all day long!
3. Sugar Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick
Sugar Cosmetics is a cruelty-free makeup brand that hails from our very own country. It was founded by Vineeta Singh and competes with some of the biggest names in the cosmetics industry today. Here you can also check the best lipstick brands & the list of top matte lipsticks in India.
Prominent Features of the SUGAR Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick:
- This smudge-proof lipstick dries down to an unmovable ultra-matte tint
- It is soft on the lips and stays put all day long
- Enriched with Vitamin E, it nourishes your lips while giving them a luxurious feel and color
- The brand boasts a range of another 51 stunning shades of lip color to choose from so that there is something for everyone
- A single stroke of this lip color delivers intense color pay-off and long-lasting coverage that is both transfer and smudge-proof
- Best liquid lipstick to nourish your lips
- Highly pigmented
- The formula in the bottle might dry out quickly
Why We Picked the SUGAR Cosmetics Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick?
This lipstick stands true to what the brand claims. It has a beautiful pigmentation that gives you an opaque color payoff in just one swipe. It is also enriched with Vitamin E so that your lips stay moisturized and don’t feel dry or flaky at all.
4. L’Oreal Paris Rouge Signature Matte Liquid Lipstick
L’Oreal is another leading makeup brand that we Indians absolutely love! This French brand was founded in 1909 by Eugène Schueller and has been ruling the global cosmetics market.
Prominent Features of the L’Oreal Paris Rouge Signature Matte Lipstick:
- It has a super lightweight formula that feels like a second skin
- Also has an intense color pay-off and gives a seamless look post-application
- Infused with a unique oil-in-water formula, it is comfortable and wears like a dream
- Its precision applicator is flexible enough to reach the narrowest areas and contour the lips
- Available in nude, red, coral, pink, and deep shades, the range is well thought out for all occasions
- It dries down to a soft-matte finish and a little of it goes a long way
- Unique oil-in-water formula
- Comfortable formula
- Long sponge applicator
- A bit on the pricy end
Why We Picked the L’Oreal Paris Rouge Signature Matte Liquid Lipstick?
The product has a buttery oil-in-water formula that glides like a dream and settles to a stunning soft matte finish. The long sponge applicator reaches the contours of your lips with precision, giving you a well-defined pout.
5. Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Color Lipstick
Revlon is another stellar cosmetics brand that hails from America. The company was founded in 1932 and has headquarters in New York City. It exports to countries such as the UK, Mexico, India, Indonesia, Hong Kong, etc.
Prominent Features of the Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Colour Lipstick:
- This liquid lipstick is like magic in a tube
- It has a fruity and irresistible scent of whipped vanilla and cream mango plush that soothes the senses right away
- It glides on the lips easily and gives a well-defined velvety matte finish post-application
- Enriched with a gel-based formula that moisturizes your lips, this lip colour makes them supple and plump
- The doe-foot applicator is one of the finest we have seen and spreads the colour evenly across the lips
- It is flexible enough to contour your lips and picks just the amount of tint for perfect application
- Pleasant fragrance
- The wand helps in defining the lip
- Light-weight formula
- Excellent colour payoff
- Not meant for people who do not like fragrance in their makeup
Why We Picked the Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Colour?
The lipstick boasts a beautiful gel-based formula that keeps your lips hydrated while giving you a nice velvet matte finish. It has also one of the most user-friendly applicators that will make the process much easier for you. The pleasant fragrance makes it all the more special.
6. Lakmé Absolute Matte Melt Liquid Lip Colour
Lakme Cosmetics has been ruling the Indian hearts for decades now and it ain’t changing anytime soon. It was founded in 1952 by JRD Tata and Simone Tata and has its headquarters in Mumbai.
Prominent Features of the Lakme Absolute Matte Melt Liquid Lip Colour:
- Has a matte finish and weightless formula
- Since it has more than 20 shades, you’re sure to find your new go-to shade
- Not only is each tube affordable, but also offers a one-stroke application that dries within seconds
- Sets to an immovable matte-velvet finish that is still soft on the lips and flexible all-day
- This bold formula of this liquid lipstick offers an exceptional color payoff application
- With a range that has both brights and neutrals, this collection guarantees that at least one of these colours will become your day-to-day lipstick
- Soft and creamy texture
- Super pigmented
- Non-bleeding formula
- Might need re-application
Why We Picked the Lakme Absolute Matte Melt Lip Colour?
A featherweight formula that sits beautifully on your lips and lasts for a very long time. This lipstick has become the new favorite of multiple celebrities and influencers in India. It has a rich formula and dries down to an airbrushed matte on the lips.
7. Insight Non-Transfer Lip Color
Founded in 2004, Insight Cosmetics is a popular makeup company that retails affordable products. It is one of the largest distributors of cosmetic products in Europe and has a wide market in India as well.
Prominent Features of the Insight Non Transfer Lip Colour:
- This lipstick is thoughtfully formulated with some quality ingredients
- It not only adds color to your lips but also protects the skin from drying
- It glides like velvet on the lips to offer a smooth and uncrackable finish
- This lipstick comes in 24 vivid shades that stay on for long and remove the need for constant touch-ups
- Perfect for people who wish to sport a soft yet striking look with their everyday outfits
- Best liquid lipstick on a budget
- Free from parabens
- Cruelty-free product
- Can get uncomfortable after drying
Why We Picked the Insight Non Transfer Lip Colour?
A super affordable lipstick that does its job perfectly and gives you a nice matte finish just like any premium product. It is very pigmented and glides beautifully to cover your lips flawlessly.
8. MAC Retro Matte Liquid Lip Colour
MAC Cosmetics is an American makeup brand that was established in 1984 by Frank Toskan and Frank Angelo. The company makes premium cosmetic products that offer true value for money. It became a sub-brand of Estee Lauder in 1996.
Prominent Features of the MAC Retro Matte Liquid Lip Colour:
- The premium liquid formula that glides smoothly on the lips
- Highly pigmented color
- Soft applicator for quick and precise application
- Settles to a long-lasting matte finish within seconds
- Weighs 0.22 grams
- Vibrant color
- Beginner-friendly applicator
- A bit pricey
9. NYX Soft Matte Metallic Lip Cream
Founded in 1993 by Toni Ko, NYX Professional Makeup is another stunning cosmetics brand from the US. It is owned by L’Oreal and runs its operations in Los Angeles, California. It is a cruelty-free brand certified by PETA.
Prominent Features of the NYX Soft Matte Metallic Lip Cream:
- Has a rich and creamy formula that applies smoothly to the lips
- It sets down to a beautiful pearly matte finish with a subtle sheen
- Lightweight formula that sets to a soft matte within a minute
- Has a sweet chocolaty fragrance
- Lightweight lush formula
- Pleasant fragrance
- Takes some time to dry
10. Faces Canada Ultime Pro Longstay Liquid Lipstick
Faces Canada is a renowned cosmetics brand that manufactures affordable to mid-range makeup products. This Canadian brand has been in existence for more than four decades and is a top contender in the Indian beauty market.
Prominent Features of the Faces Canada Ultime Pro Longstay Liquid Lipstick:
- The supreme pigment that delivers opaque color in one stroke
- Very lightweight lipstick
- The smooth formula that sets to a full matte
- Gives a velvety finish without any sticky residue
- Has a massive shade range
- 20+ shades
- The Colour payoff may not be satisfactory
11. Colorbar Kiss Proof Lipstick
Colorbar Cosmetics is a leading beauty brand from India that was established in 2004. The brand has managed to secure a top position in the market with its range of premium quality products for people who are on a budget.
Prominent Features of the Colorbar Kiss Proof Lipstick:
- A weightless liquid lipstick that offers a smooth matte finish
- It is enriched with Vitamin E that helps in keeping your lips moisturized
- Colour doesn’t bleed through the day
- Smooth and creamy formula that glides beautifully
- Rich in antioxidants
- Soft sponge applicator
- Some shades may be a little patchy
12. Avon Natural True Color Power Stay Lipstick
Avon is a popular skincare and cosmetics brand that hails from London, UK. The company was founded 1886 by David H. McConnell and is quite prominent across the globe today.
Prominent Features of the Avon Natural True Color Power Stay Lipstick:
- Has a rich pigment that offers a superb payoff on lips
- Lightweight and long-lasting
- The product doesn’t transfer or stain
- The precision applicator helps in filling all the contours of your lips
- Weighs 7 ml
- 16 hours stay
- It may not last for more than a couple of hours
13. Chambor Extreme Wear Lipstick
Chambor was founded in 1993 and makes premium quality makeup products for the new woman. The company hails from Geneva, Switzerland and has a huge customer base in India.
Prominent Features of the Chambor Extreme Wear Lipstick:
- Light liquid formula that gives you a one-stroke application
- Super pigmented shades
- Very lightweight lipstick
- Lasts throughout the day
- Weighs 6 grams
- Comes in 35+ shades
- Lasts for up to 10 hours
- It May start fading from the center when you eat or drink something
14. Smashbox Always On Liquid Lipstick
Smashbox is a luxury cosmetics owned by The Estee Lauder Companies. It was founded in 1990 by Davis Factor and his brother Dean and has its headquarters in LA. The brand is loved by millions of celebrities and influencers across the world.
Prominent Features of the Smashbox Always On Liquid Lipstick:
- This is a cult-classic and featherweight formula
- Glides on like a dream and sets to a matte finish
- Very long-lasting and doesn’t budge for hours
- Weighs around 4 grams
- Superb shade range
- Lasts long
- Good for amateurs and professionals
- Applicator may not be preferred by everyone
Using the right liquid lipsticks can make or break your look and we totally get that. The lipsticks enlisted here are some of the best you can find in India and you should definitely try them. Some of our personal favorites are Maybelline, Lakme, MAC, and Wet n Wild. If you love liquid lipsticks just as much as we do, you will find all the best options on this list.
Which liquid lipstick is best in India?
Wet n Wild Catsuit Lipstick, Lakme Melt Matte Lipstick, MAC Retro Matte Lipstick, and Maybelline New York Super Stay Matte Ink Lipstick are some of the best liquid lipsticks in India.
Which lipstick is best for daily use?
Lakme 9 to 5 range and Maybelline Super Stay range is quite affordable and ideal for everyday use. They are also very comfrotable on the lips, perfect for long hours.
Which lipstick is long-lasting matte or gloss?
Matte lipsticks are long-lasting and tend to not budge even after hours as compared to glossy lipsticks that may not stay on for more than an hour or two.
Why Trust Cashkaro Reviews?
Cashkaro has a team of category-specific researchers who test and try products before enlisting them here. We make sure to follow stringent rules and consider public reviews to offer you the most reliable information online.