Ashwagandha is hands down one of the most important herbs in Ayurveda, and its benefits are uncountable. It is the oldest known herb in Ayurveda, and millions of people all over the world use it on a daily basis. Most medicines that we consume today come with multiple side effects that affect our health in the long run. However, Ashwagandha comes packed with numerous advantages and doesn’t have any adverse effects. In this article, we will talk about this power-packed herb, its uses, benefits, and the best Ashwagandha brands in India.
|Our Top Recommendations||Best Prices on Amazon|
What is Ashwagandha?
Ashwagandha is an ayurvedic herb that’s loaded with healing properties. It has been used as a medicine for centuries and even has a global reputation for being a very effective supplement. The plant Ashwagandha majorly grows in Asia and Africa. Regular consumption can boost your immunity and energy levels, regulate healthy brain function, and lower blood pressure.
Ashwagandha Uses and Benefits
Ashwagandha is a medicine that is used to treat several diseases and ailments. Some of the common uses and benefits are as follows:
- Tackling Mental illness and stress
- Managing blood sugar levels
- Controlling excessive weight gain
- Reducing inflammation
- Increasing strength and immunity
What To Look for in an Ashwagandha Supplement?
If you’re new to ayurvedic medicines, choosing the right ashwagandha supplement can be tricky. When buying one, here are some points you should keep in mind.
Choose A Root-Only Ashwagandha Extract
The Ashwagandha root holds the most potency and is used in making good-quality supplements. However, some suppliers add the ashwagandha leaf to the supplement, which isn’t the best choice to go for. Even the Government of India officially recommends that you use an ashwagandha root supplement to get the most benefit.
Ensure The Extraction Process is Clean
Make sure that the supplement you’re using is extracted using safe methods. They shouldn’t contain any harmful chemicals or alcohol that are bad for your health.
Buy From A Certified Supplier
With the plethora of Ashwagandha sellers in the market, it can be difficult to pick the best one and therefore, you must double-check before buying. Only buy from trustworthy brands that undergo multiple quality checks. You should also look for brands that have third-party certifications for a fruitful purchase.
Recommended Ashwagandha Dose Per Day
While it is okay to take 200 mg to 5 grams of Ashwagandha every day, we suggest you consult your doctor before doing so. Your doctor will be able to examine your condition and suggest the perfect dose for better health.
List of Top 10 Ashwagandha Brands in India
On this page:
Himalaya is a widely known name in the Indian pharmaceutical industry and has very well-deserved popularity. It was founded in the year 1930 by Mohammed Manal and is headquartered in Bengaluru. The brand has made its mark not just in India but across the globe too, as it generates around 50% of its revenue from international business. Himalaya currently operates in 90+ countries across the globe with a stellar customer base.
Prominent Features of the Himalaya Ashwagandha:
- Packed with powerful herbs to help boost your immunity
- Comes in a tablet form which you can easily consume
- Helps increase white blood cells to steer clear of diseases
- Helps regularise sleep
- Comes in a bottle and has 60 tablets
- No Added Colour
- No Added Flavour
Why We Picked the Himalaya Ashwagandha?
The Himalaya Ashwagandha comes in the form of tablets that are super easy to consume. Regular intake of this supplement leads to the increment of white blood cells that boost your immunity to keep you healthy all year round. It is a completely vegetarian medicine that regulates uneven sleeping patterns and induces overall wellness pretty quickly. If you’re looking for something to keep you energised, choose the Himalaya Ashwagandha.
Dabur is a multinational healthcare and consumer goods company founded by SK Burman 137 years ago. It is one of the oldest brands in India and has a massive following due to its affordable and high-quality products. This FMCG company generated Rs 8,989 Crores of revenue in the year 2020.
Prominent Features of the Dabur Ashwagandha:
- Powerful tablets that help in combating fatigue and keep you active
- Loaded with anti-oxidant properties that keep your cells healthy
- Comes in a tablet form that allows you to consume it easily
- Will increase WBC production and help alleviate stress
- Comes in a bottle and has 60 tablets each
- Rich in antioxidants
- Easy to consume
- Packaging might not be up to the mark
Why We Picked the Dabur Ashwagandha?
The Dabur Ashwagandha Tablets are packed with essential nutrients and anti-oxidants to increase your immunity and energy levels within a few days. It also helps in controlling excessive cortisol production in your body to relieve unnecessary stress and anxiety. Regular intake can drastically improve your physiological health and get rid of fatigue.
Baidyanath is an Indian pharmaceutical company founded by Pt. Ram Narayan Sharma and Pt. Ram Dayal Joshi in the year 1917. It is a popular ayurvedic brand that sells numerous products such as juices, tablets, medicated oils for the body and hair, chyawanprash, and more.
Prominent Features of the Baidyanath Ashwagandha:
- Made with 100% pure ashwagandha that has active ingredients like withanolides to enhance your energy levels
- Also helps in boosting testosterone which can add to vitality and vigour
- Regular consumption can also alleviate stress and normalize your sleep schedule
- Contains no chemicals, preservatives, or chemicals
- Comes in a jar and weighs 100 grams
- Rich in antioxidants
- The powder form might make it a little difficult to consume
Why We Picked the Baidyanath Ashwagandha?
The Baidyanath Ashwagandha Churna comes in a powder form that is very easy to consume and digest. It is made with pure Ashwagandha and Vitara Beej that is known to reduce inflammation and decrease stress levels almost instantly. This product is certified with GMP, which makes it safe for everyone to use.
Moreover, we have also created an amazing list of top shilajit for men available online in India. Do give it a read and let me know if you find it helpful.
MuscleBlaze is an Indian sports nutrition brand founded in the year 2012. Over the years, the brand has gained a lot of traction with the influx of health-conscious people using its supplements and healthcare products. Whether you need protein shakes, powders, or fish oil, MuscleBlaze has a long list of effective products for the athlete in you.
Prominent Features of the MuscleBlaze Ashwagandha:
- Power-packed with ayurvedic herbs to increase your energy levels
- This is a great option for gym and workout enthusiasts to boost their performance
- Contains 5% Withanolides that can help muscle recovery post exercise
- Regular consumption can reduce your stress levels and improve immunity
- Comes in a mini jar that contains 60 tablets
- No Artificial Sweeteners
- No Added Flavour
- No Preservatives
- It might not be very effective for some people
Why We Picked the MuscleBlaze Ashwagandha?
The MuscleBlaze Ashwagandha is a highly potent formula that comes in the form of tablets. It helps increase your athletic capacity and prevents fatigue throughout the day. These tablets help in reducing the cortisol levels that control your stress and prevent muscle breakdown post-workout. These tablets are specifically formulated for bodybuilders and people who work out every day.
Zandu Realty Lt is an Indian pharmaceutical brand that was founded in 1910. The company runs under Emami and became famous with its prominent product Zandu Balm. It is one of the best Ayurveda brands in the country and holds a loyal customer base. You can find a wide range of natural products that are good for your health and don’t come with any side effects.
Prominent Features of the Zandu Ashwagandha:
- One of the best immunity-boosting supplements on the market
- Has adaptogenic properties that can reduce stress with regular usage
- Has a blend of potent herbs that boost your memory and help you perform better
- Comes in a capsule form that makes it easy to consume
- Comes in a bottle and has 60 capsules
- No Added Colour
Why We Picked the Zandu Ashwagandha?
The Zandu Ashwagandha Capsules are made with the purest and most natural ingredients that decrease your stress levels with their adaptogenic properties. It increases your physical, mental, and sexual health with regular usage and helps balance your hormones. Consuming 1-2 capsules every day will keep your immunity up and safeguard you from any diseases or ailments.
Patanjali is an Indian consumer goods company founded by Baba Ramdev and Balkrishna in the year 2006. The brand has come a long way and gained a hefty number of customers due to its high-quality products. Patanjali’s currently headquartered in Haridwar and has offices in New Delhi, India. The brand generated a Rs 30,000 Crores revenue in the year 2021 with a net income of Rs 590 Crore, ranking it among the biggest FMCG players in India.
Prominent Features of the Patanjali Ashwagandha:
- Patanjali’s Ashwagandha Churna comes in a powder form which can be consumed with warm milk or plain water
- It helps in boosting your energy levels and increasing immunity to fight off diseases easily
- Comes in capsule and tablet form so that you can choose whichever suits you best
- Key Features:
- Boosts Immunity
7. Organic India
Organic India is a multinational organic and herbal multinational company founded in 1997 by Bharat Mitra and Bhavani Lev. The brand is famous for its herbal teas and organic colours for Holi. It currently operates in India and sells its products in India, US, UK, and Canada. The brand is also a big exporter of organic flowers to international markets such as Germany.
- This is perfect for people who feel low on energy while performing regular tasks every day
- It is a powerful anti-stress agent that limits cortisol levels in your body
- People who catch a cold and flu regularly should definitely consume 1-2 tablets every day
- Helps you steer clear of unwanted infections and build your immunity
- Helps reduce stress and tackle anxiety
- It might take some time to digest
8. Carmel Organics
When it comes to top-notch organic products, Carmel is a name that grabs a lot of attention. It is an Indian organic/herbal brand that has made its mark in the international sector with its amazing products. The company has partnered with several small-scale farmers in the country to support them with livelihood. You will get a ton of great quality products that are affordable and very effective at Carmel.
Prominent Features of the Carmel Organic Ashwagandha:
- The Carmel Organic Ashwagandha Root Powder is a potent stress buster and immunity booster
- It is made with the purest ashwagandha plants, which are grown on farms close to their manufacturing factories
- Regular consumption can help improve physical health and increase stamina while working out
- It can also help reduce stress and anxiety
- Comes in a pack and weighs 22 grams
- No Added Preservative
- Offers anxiety relief
- The taste isn’t pleasant
Neuherbs is an environmentally-conscious brand, striving to create products that are best for you and for mother nature. They inculcate unique preparation methods and natural ingredients to produce natural products with no side effects. The brand was founded by Amit Tyagi and Namit Tyagi and currently has its headquarters in Noida, Uttar Pradesh.
Prominent Features of the Neuherbs Ashwagandha:
- This is rich in antioxidants, Vitamin E, and Vitamin B Complex for better immunity and decreasing inflammation
- It helps rejuvenate your body and increase energy levels to help uplift your mood
- Since these are available in tablet form, you can easily consume them
- Can improve your strength and helps keep your mental well-being in check
- Comes in a jar and contains 60 capsules
- The tablets might get broken easily
10. Jiva Ayurveda
Jiva Ayurveda is an ayurvedic brand founded in 1992 by Shri Rishipal Chauhan, Dr Satyanarayan Dasa Ji, and Dr Partap Chauhan. The company has a vision of creating a happy and healthy India with its blend of modern and Vedic science. It has over 60 clinics across India and more than 600 products selling today.
Prominent Features of the Jiva Ayurveda Ashwagandha Tablets:
- The Jiva Ashwagandha Tablets are best for promoting good health and immunity
- Since it is made with pure Ashwagandha, you get numerous benefits such as weight management, stress reduction, and an overall healthy body
- regular usage can help increase your energy levels and reduce stress
- Come in tablet form for ease of consumption
- Natural ingredients
- Gives a boost of energy
- Good for reducing stress
Top Ashwagandha Brands in India with Price Comparison
|Himalaya||Starting at Rs 150|
|Dabur||Starting at Rs 150|
|Baidyanath||Starting at Rs 280|
|MuscleBlaze||Starting at Rs 399|
|Zandu||Starting at Rs 250|
|Patanjali||Starting at Rs 62|
|Organic India||Staring at Rs 205|
|Carmel Organics||Starting at Rs 999|
|Neuherbs||Starting at Rs 599|
|Jiva Ayurveda||Starting at Rs 200|
In addition to this, we would also like you to check our latest blog, where we have mentioned some of the best muesli brands in India. Do have a look.
Ashwagandha is one of the most consumed dietary supplements in India, and you must add it to your lifestyle. In this article, you can find the best ashwagandha brands in India that offer quality and benefit your health in multiple ways. While we really love the products from Dabur, Himalaya, and Baidyanath, let us know which one you find the best.
What is the best Ashwagandha brand in India?
Ashwagandha is one of the most common herbs used in Indian Ayurveda. You can find great ashwagandha products from brands like Dabur, Jiva Ayurveda, Himalaya, and Organic India.
Who should not use Ashwagandha?
People who are pregnant or breastfeeding should refrain from consuming Ashwagandha. If you have any chronic ailment such as thyroid, diabetes, or blood pressure, you must consider a doctor before consuming any supplement. In general too, consulting a physician before taking any sort of supplements is recommended.
Does Ashwagandha powder have any side effects?
Ashwagandha is a safe herb that can be consumed by every adult and generally doesn’t cause any major side effects. However, you may experience an upset stomach and vomiting if you consume it in huge quantities. To be sure, please consult a physician beforehand.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
We have a team of category-specific researchers who study and test several products before creating these lists. For the ashwagandha blog, we ensure that you get good quality products which contain no chemicals or additives. Since our goal is to make online shopping much more hassle-free for you, you will never find a shady product here.