While it is essential to have a fragrant soap for enjoying a relaxing shower, these cleansers often affect the skin adversely, depleting it of its natural moisturisers and making it dry and flaky. This results in skin irritation and allergies. But using an Ayurvedic soap can offer you a royal and skin-friendly bathing experience. Here are some of the most popular and best Ayurvedic soap brands listed to make your search process a bit easier. For more options, you can also check the best soap brands & a list of brands of soap for pimples in India.
Our Top Recommendations
How Do We Choose the Best Ayurvedic Soap Brands for You?
Ayurvedic soaps are completely safe and come with a medicated formula that helps resolve a number of problems and adds a natural glow to the skin. With so many options on the market, it is important to invest in one of the best Ayurvedic soap brands. Choosing the right product will help you enjoy the goodness of nature mingled with fragrances that rejuvenate your senses.
Before diving into our list of top picks, understand the criteria we considered for selecting. These factors helped us in choosing the best from the lot.
This is one of the most crucial factors to consider while making a selection. Since synthetic additives can damage the skin and cause an allergic reaction, we carefully picked the brands that offer pure and safe-to-use soaps containing skin-friendly ingredients.
Usage or Function
Different soaps have different usage or functions. While some help fight acne, others work wonders in brightening the complextion or keeping the skin nourished. So, depending on your requirement, you can choose any soap brand from the list.
List of 16 Best Ayurvedic Soap Brands in India
Himalaya Ayurvedic soap has made a permanent place in almost all Indian homes. These soaps are infused with the goodness of all-natural ingredients like turmeric, lavender, and sandalwood and are very effective in keeping skin rashes and pimples at bay. If you’re looking for a completely organic product with pleasant fragrances, Himalaya Ayurvedic soap is the best for you.
Prominent Features of Himalaya Ayurvedic Soaps:
- Infused with the goodness of pure ayurvedic kanaka taila oil
- It helps nourish the skin and enhance the complexion
- This soap reduces blemishes, dark spots, and pimple marks
- Available in two different sizes of packaging: 75g and 125g
- Gentle on the skin
- Easily accessible
- Mild formulation
- Affordable pricing
- The traditional smell might not feel pleasant to all
Why We Picked Himalaya Ayurvedic Soaps?
Enriched with carefully selected herbs, namely Nagakesara, Kamala, Yashtimadhu, Priyangu, Manjishta, Rakta Chandana, and Tila taila, this Ayurvedic soap is extremely beneficial for the skin. It also gently protects the skin and offers it a natural glow.
Kama Ayurveda has been synonymous with the words ‘natural’ and ‘organic’ for quite some time now. Its soaps are free of any kind of chemicals and are known for their natural fragrances and lush texture. They instantly make the skin feel soft and supple and are one of the best brands around.
Prominent Features of Kama Ayurveda Soaps:
- It helps treat acne, sunburn, blackheads, blemishes, and early signs of ageing
- The goodness of spiked ginger lily stimulates the natural moisture of the skin
- Comes with anti-allergic, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial & anti-oxidant properties
- This natural formula helps repair damage caused by sunburn or pollution
- Aid skin diseases
- Prevents stretch marks
- It is chemical free
- Great smell
- It is a little expensive compared to budget-friendly options
Why We Picked Kama Ayurveda Soaps?
Kama Ayurveda soaps are an all-natural solution for purifying and enhancing complextion. They contain ingredients that are rich in natural anti-oxidants and help in correcting hyperpigmentation. It also helps nourish the skin and keep it soft, supple, and hydrated.
For problem-free, clear skin, Chandrika Ayurvedic Soaps are what you need. Made with a 75+ year old recipe, the brand offers one of the best Ayurvedic soaps that help deal with common skin problems like pimples, dark spots, rashes, pigmentation, etc. Also, it has a floral scent that feels soothing and lingers on for a while.
Prominent Features of Chandrika Ayurvedic Soaps:
- Using the soap daily can remove a number of skin issues and conditions
- These Ayurvedic soaps are affordable, with the price average for the buyers
- It has double the amount of coconut oil that results in clear, beautiful skin
- Available in 4 different variants to let you choose the one that suits you the best
- For all skin types
- Keeps skin soft
- Enhances skin texture
- Safe & effective
- The longevity of the soap is less
Why We Picked Chandrika Ayurvedic Soaps?
Chandrika mainly uses herbal ingredients like tulsi and neem in its soap. Both these ingredients are known to possess antibacterial properties that keep infection-causing bacteria at bay. The soaps contain very little detergent base and are good for the skin.
Biotique is a renowned name in the Indian market that comes to mind when you think of Ayurvedic products. Its Bio soaps are known for their chemical-free formula and have no cosmetic qualities. The soaps manufactured by this brand are made with the goodness of natural ingredients, offering them excellent therapeutic properties.
Prominent Features of Biotique Bio Soaps:
- The soap contains basil that heals and refreshes the skin deeply
- It removes excess oil from the skin, leaving it healthy and glowy
- This clinically tested soap does not contain harsh chemicals and dyes
- Washing away impurities, this soap does not disturb the pH balance
- Hypoallergenic soap
- Exfoliates the skin
- Has cooling properties
- Long-lasting fragrance
- Not the right choice for cleansing the face
Why We Picked Biotique Bio Soaps?
A blend of traditional Ayurvedic ingredients like basil, parsley, margosa, wheat germ and coconut oil, this soap is one of the best ones on the market. Biotique Bio Soap cleanses the skin and prevents excess sebum production for a healthy look.
One of the most loved Ayurvedic soap brands in India, Medimix blends the knowledge of herbs and medicinal properties of plants from years of research. Its soaps are known to have antibacterial properties and are perfect for skin-prone diseases, rashes, irritation, and perspiration. Also, they are priced at cost-effective rates, making them a great choice to have.
Prominent Features of Medimix Ayurvedic Soaps:
- Prevents body odour and makes the skin soft, and lightens the marks
- It is a cruelty-free, paraben-free formula that is tested by dermatologists
- You can choose from 4 different variants according to your skin type & preference
- Suitable for all skin types, this soap can be used on the face, body, and hands
- Helps fight pimples
- Offers radiant skin
- Enhances natural glow
- Priced economically
- Its fragrance is a little too strong
Why We Picked Medimix Ayurvedic Soaps?
Medimix Ayurvedic Soaps is another best option in the market that targets all age groups and helps them achieve smooth, supple, and glowing skin. Regular usage of this soap also works effectively against heat and bacterial infections.
Khadi is another renowned brand that offers a range of assorted options for Ayurvedic soaps. Its soap is made without chemical mixtures and has ingredients that are derived naturally. The brand has made steady progress, thanks to the love and trust of the buyers. The soaps are extremely mild and gentle on the skin and are also available in various fragrances to refresh your senses.
Prominent Features of Khadi Naturals Ayurvedic Soaps:
- Sandalwood has high healing properties to treat acne and infections
- It has an amazing aroma that helps destress the mind, body and soul
- This soap helps in removing skin tan and prevents itching or dryness
- Comes in 4 variants: Aloe vera, Chandan Haldi, Rosewater, Sandalwood
- Suit various skin types
- Removes dirt & impurities
- Not tested in animals
- Has cooling properties
- It is a little too costly
Why We Picked Khadi Naturals Ayurvedic Soaps?
Khadi Naturals Ayurvedic Soaps are handmade and nourish the skin to keep it supple and glowing. It also works well in slowing the ageing process and detoxifying the skin while maintaining the natural pH balance.
Patanjali is one of the best Ayurvedic soap brands that offers pure and natural products across all categories. Its Ayurvedic soaps are highly loved by people for being light and free of parabens. The soap is infused with the goodness of natural Multani mitti and various other beneficiary ingredients. Being gentle on the skin, Patanjali soaps are ideal for both young and mature skin.
Prominent Features of Patanjali Ayurvedic Soaps:
- The soap helps brighten the skin tone and get rid of diseases
- Its rich moisturising properties help remove the dryness and roughness
- Made with healthful and qualitative herbal ingredients, it is safe to use
- This Ayurvedic soap has a fresh herbaceous smell that lingers on for a while
- Gentle on the skin
- Easy availability
- Treats roughness
- For all skin types
- The smell might be strong for people with a sensitive nose
Vaadi Herbals is a premium herbal brand, and the soaps are made with natural and organic ingredients. They are especially good for those with pertinent skin issues like acne and pimples or who suffer from skin problems like dark spots, faded glow, uneven skin tone, skin marks, and tanning. On top of this, these soaps are available at affordable prices.
Prominent Features of Vaadi Herbals Soaps:
- It is multi-mineral rich soap that contains saffron and goat milk
- The soap gently fades away pigmentation marks and blemishes
- Use this soap to lighten the skin tone & improve the complexion
- Saffron helps improve blood circulation & to add a natural glow
- Softens the skin
- Deep nourishment
- A natural cleanser
- Exfoliates the skin
- The fragrance is not too long-lasting
Lever Ayush extends their ancient wisdom about Ayurvedic ingredients using the soaps they manufacture. As a result of their effect on the skin, the products have garnered good reviews from users. These soaps are mild and soft on the skin and do not cause dryness or itching at all. Available at affordable prices, they are also one of the most popular soaps in the market in this segment.
Prominent Features of Lever Ayush Soaps:
- Antiseptic and healing properties of turmeric help in cure skin infections
- Contains vetiver, peepal, and amla that leave your skin clear and glowing
- This gentle and mild soap is good for all skin types and can be used daily
- Available in a range of different formulations like saffron, aloe vera, cow ghee, etc.
- All natural ingredients
- Easily accessible soap
- Soothing smell
- Great moisturisation
Prominent Features of Ancient Living Ayurvedic Soaps:
- It has excellent purifying qualities that deeply cleanse and exfoliate the skin
- Free from synthetic fragrances and colours, this soap is good for daily use
- The soap helps fight and control acne while fading away the blemishes and scars
- Containing nutrient-rich oils, the soap soothes your skin and offers a healthy glow
- Fruity aroma
- Keeps skin supple
- Removes dead cells
- Pure and natural oil
- It is a bit expensive
Looms & Weaves
Looms and Weaves is a social enterprise that is bent on promoting India’s rich handloom heritage around the world. Apart from manufacturing clothing and kitchenware, it also makes mild Ayurvedic skincare products, including handmade soaps. Available in unique packaging, these soaps are made with 100% herbal ingredients and contain no parabens, harmful chemicals or sulphates.
Prominent Features of Looms & Weaves Ayurvedic Soaps:
- Made using pure coconut oil and essential oils that hydrate the skin
- Natural bleaching and antiseptic properties of the soap make skin glow
- The goodness of herbal extracts and natural ingredients removes dead skin cells
- There are 12 different flavours of these herbal soaps available in the market
- Helps to treat acne
- Premium quality soap
- Gives a cooling effect
- No artificial colours
- A little expensive
Sitaram Ayurveda products are known for their purity and effect on the skin. These soaps are made with natural ingredients and effectively reduce dark spots, dark circles, acne, scars, sunburn and other skin-related issues. They have active antibacterial agents like neem, lemons, etc., that protect the skin from bacterial growth and revitalise the skin.
Prominent Features of Sitaram Ayurveda Soaps:
- Enriched with aromatic oil that helps in calming as well as reviving the senses
- This soap helps in improving skin health and fighting off infections & diseases
- Contains ashwagandha that helps improve the immune system & to rejuvenate the skin
- Free from artificial ingredients and GMOs, this soap is vegan and safe to use for all
- Heals the skin
- Restores natural glow
- Relaxing herbal aroma
- Mild soap base
- Little pricey
Jiva Ayurveda is a well-known ayurvedic soap brand in India that markets healthy herbal products for skincare, hair care, digestive care, and more. It also manufactures herbal soaps that gently exfoliate the skin, make it clearer, rejuvenate dull skin, and fights various skin-related problems. The combination of herbs and plants used moisturises the skin and makes it brighter.
Prominent Features of Jiva Ayurveda Soaps:
- This soap helps fight various skin conditions like pimples, rashes, acne, etc.
- Infused with natural ingredients, it keeps skin blemish free and prevents breakouts.
- It works as a natural moisturiser for the skin and helps in cell-regeneration
- Jiva soap gently cleanses and energises the skin and improves blood circulation.
- Help reverse ageing
- Good for skin problems
- For all skin types
- Parabean and SLS free
Margo is another brand that brings in a unique antibacterial formula for cleaning the skin. It uses neem as its main ingredient as this herb is known to reduce melanin product of the skin, evening its tone. Each soap is infused with the goodness of 1000 neem leaves that have an antibacterial effect on the skin. It deep cleans the skin, keeps fungi and bacteria away, and keeps it healthy.
Prominent Features of Margo Ayurvedic Soaps:
- This soap has rich moisturising properties that prevent dryness
- It has pure neem extracts that offer a refreshing feel & exclusive benefits
- Enriched with Vitamin E gently hydrates the skin and keeps it soft
- Free from harmful chemicals, this soap is a secret to getting naturally beautiful skin
- Affordably priced
- Protects the skin
- Washes out bacterias
- Enhances skin texture
- It has a strong neem aroma, which is not pleasant for all
Hamam is a Hindustan Unilever brand that originated from the age-old skincare rituals blended with contemporary routines. Its USP lies in its mild formula infused with the goodness of neem, tulsi, and aloe vera, which soothe the skin and keep it away from bacterial infection. The three ingredients together protect the skin from multiple problems, including rashes, prickly heat, odour and pimples.
Prominent Features of Hamam Ayurvedic Soaps:
- The antibacterial properties of this soap helps fight dirt, dust, and pollution
- This naturally derived formula has a pleasant, long-lasting fragrance
- The goodness of aloe vera helps nourish and moisturising the skin deeply
- It is a safe and gentle formula that works well for both men and women
- Multiple size packaging
- Purifies the skin
- 100% natural ingredients
- Helps fighting sweat
- Does not lather well
Forest Essentials is a luxury Ayurvedic brand that combines the goodness of naturally derived premium ingredients and the best technology available out there. It carefully chooses its ingredients using the knowledge of Ayurveda and makes mild and gentle soaps for most skin types. These soaps are made while keeping the environment in mind and are not tested on animals.
Prominent Features of Forest Essentials Ayurvedic Soaps:
- These soaps are sulphate free, making them safe even for sensitive skin
- It has a soothing bitter aroma that rehydrates and scents the skin for long
- Contains raw cane sugar that works as a natural humectant & moisturiser
- The soap has amazing skin-toning properties that heal and soothes acne
- Cleanse the skin
- Eco-friendly packaging
- 3 different variants are available
- Adds natural oil to the skin
Ayurvedic soaps have been buzzing around the Indian market for quite some time and are a perfect choice for healthy skin, a healthy body, and overall well-being. Regular use of these soaps helps bring out the natural glow and radiance. The above-mentioned are some of the best brands available that offer quality soaps and effective results. From all these options, we love using soaps from brands Himalaya, Medimix, and Jiva Ayurveda for their great formula, rich lather, great results, and adorable pricing. Let us know which ones are your top choices.
1. What is Ayurvedic soap good for?
Ayurvedic soaps are best for skin health and texture. These soaps contain antibacterial ingredients, including turmeric, tea tree oil, peppermint, etc., along with natural ones that prevent skin issues like rashes, acne, pimples, etc.
2. Which is the best soap for daily use?
Ayurvedic soaps from brands like Kama Ayurveda, Himalaya, and Biotique are the best soaps for daily use. Alternatively, you can even pick herbal soaps and organic soaps made from natural ingredients compared to regular soaps that have added fragrances, parabens, and foaming agents.
3. What is the best facial soap?
Khadi Natural’s rose water soap and Roop Mantra’s Ayurvedic soap are the best facial soaps. Both these cleansing bars have a skin-brightening formula and prevent acne scars and dark circles.
4. What are some best luxury soaps?
Kama Ayurveda’s rose, cinnamon, and orange soap, along with Ancient Living Soaps, are the best luxury soaps with Ayurvedic ingredients.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
CashKaro has a team of highly skilled and competitive researchers who loves to test different products and compile a list of the best options to make shopping easy for you. We compare different options on multiple factors to make the right selection. For this list of best Ayurvedic Soap brands, we considered multiple factors like packaging, fragrance, composition, and more. We also tried to pick the options for all budgets, ranging from Rs 30 to Rs 550. Our aim with this list is to help you pick the right product in the market.