Primer is a very important part of makeup, and if you have not been using this, you are missing out on something important. Using a primer underneath your makeup will allow for long-lasting makeup. A primer can even be worn on its own if you love the fresh no-makeup look. Primers are available in a range of formulas, from gel to creams and liquid. If you have been trying to get your hands on a liquid primer, our list of the best liquid primers in India will help you out. Here you can also check some of the best gel primer brands & primers for dry skin in India.
|Our Top Recommendations||Best Prices on Amazon|
|Colorbar Magic Water Primer||Check Prices|
|Wet n Wild Prime Focus Primer||Check Prices|
|L.A. Girl Primer||Check Prices|
How Do We Choose the Best Liquid Primers for You?
By using a makeup primer, you can give your makeup a smooth, even foundation to adhere to, which will keep it looking perfect and smudge-free all day. In India, good quality liquid primer costs anywhere between Rs 200 and Rs 800. Before you go through our suggestions of the best brands of liquid primer that are available in India, we would love it if you first go through the factors that we took into consideration while deciding on the best products for you.
For Dry Skin: The first thing you should decide on while buying a primer is your skin type. People who have dry skin can opt for a moisturising makeup primer. You may moisturise your skin and prepare it for makeup in one step by replacing your lotion with a decent, nourishing primer.
For Oily Skin: On the other hand, you can choose a mattifying primer if your skin is greasy. A mattifying primer that will lessen the oil production on your skin while reducing the shine. We recommend that you look for primers with an oil-free formula.
For Sensitive Skin: We recommend primers with a limited chemical list if your skin is sensitive. Choose a primer for sensitive skin that is oil-free, fragrance-free, and paraben-free.
Type of Primer
Mattifying, moisturising, and spray primers are the three most popular kinds of primers on the market. Matte silicone-based primers are the best options if you have oily to normal skin since they provide the ideal foundation for applying makeup. If you have dry skin, moisturising primers do much more than make your face seem flawless. Using a spray primer may work wonderfully for folks who need to be out for a long time since it makes makeup last much longer. For issues like skin redness and hyperpigmentation, there are several colour-correcting primers on the market.
Always keep an eye out for formulations with clean components and fewer chemicals, regardless of the skin care product you use. We recommend that you look for primers free from sulphates, parabens, and fragrances. Numerous primers include organic components, such as vitamins and minerals, which improve the texture and health of your skin.
During summer, you can use a primer with SPF. If you want your skin to appear attractive, you need to protect it from the sun. A primer with SPF is beneficial all year long as well.
List of 12 Best Liquid Primers
On this page:
- 1. Colorbar Magic Water Primer
- 2. Wet n Wild Prime Focus Primer
- 3. L.A. Girl Primer Spray
- 4. Makeup Revolution Super Matte Primer
- 5. Insight HD Primer
- 6. Mars Pore Cure Long Lasting Makeup Primer
- 7. Swiss Beauty Pearl Primer
- 8. Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water
- 9. Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer
- 10. MAC Prep Plus Prime Fix
- 11. Miss Claire Illuminator Makeup Base
- 12. Sivanna Colors Powderless Liquid Primer
- What is the best brand for primer?
- What is the best primer for people over 50?
- Do you moisturise before primer?
- What is the best primer for all skin types?
1. Colorbar Magic Water Primer
Colorbar Cosmetics is a renowned brand that has churned out several innovative beauty and makeup products. This cruelty-free, paraben-free brand has made it really big in the cosmetic industry ever since its inception. The Colorbar Magic Water Primer brims with hydrating and antioxidant elements like hazelnut oil and cloudberry. This primer is just the right choice for getting a dewy makeup look.
Prominent Features of the Colorbar Magic Water Primer:
- This primer is powered with ‘H2O Vita complex’ to keep your skin hydrated
- The light-diffusing microspheres in the primer help reduce wrinkles and give your skin a soft appearance
- Your skin will have a soft focus thanks to the light-diffusing microspheres that roll into wrinkles and noticeably lessen their appearance
- Lightweight formula
- Provides proper hydration
- Helps makeup stay for a long time
- Cruelty-free and free from parabens
Why We Picked the Colorbar Magic Water Primer?
The Colorbar Magic Water Primer is a silky, feather-light glow primer that provides immediate hydration and pollution prevention. This ground-breaking soft-pink gel erupts into water droplets and turns your skin into a smooth surface, perfect for applying cosmetics for a long time.
2. Wet n Wild Prime Focus Primer
Wet n Wild is a reputed brand with products for makeup enthusiasts from all walks of life. This brand is a pioneer in making vegan, cruelty-free products without any parabens. The Wet n Wild primer serum is a lightweight, ultra-hydrating, water-based primer that doubles down as serum to prep and prime your skin for full makeup.
Prominent Features of the Wet n Wild Prime Focus Primer:
- The primer is formulated with skin-benefitting ingredients such as rose water, camellia leaf extract, and green tea extracts
- The primer works towards keeping your skin nourished and moisturised
- Blurs and softens flaws, leaving skin feeling moisturised and smooth without a greasy afterfeel
- Enriched with elements that nourish the skin
- Moisturising properties
- Vegan and cruelty-free
Why We Picked the Wet n Wild Prime Focus Primer?
The Wet n Wild Prime Focus Primer is a lightweight, moisturising water-based serum that primes, smoothes, and prepares skin for makeup application with extended wear time. The silky, creamy texture provides a smooth, even complexion for a radiant, flawless finish.
3. L.A. Girl Primer Spray
A renowned brand, L.A. Girl offers beauty and makeup products for all kinds of users. The L.A. Girl Primer Spray is a liquid primer that hosts glycerine and botanical purslane extracts to give your skin a light, hydrated feel. Simply spray it over your face, and you are ready to start with the makeup.
Prominent Features of the L.A. Girl Primer Spray:
- This primer from L.A. Girl moisturises, prepares, and refreshes skin for a flawless application of makeup
- Glycerin and herbal purslane extracts are used in its formulation, which moisturises and soothes skin
- You can use it without brushes or makeup sponges by just spraying it over your face before foundation and concealer
- Moisturises skin
- Keeps skin fresh
- Easy application
Why We Picked the L.A. Girl Primer Spray?
Spray the L.A. Girl Primer Spray to easily prime, set, and shine! Glycerin and botanical purslane extract are incorporated in L.A. Girl’s Primer Spray to moisturise and calm the skin.
4. Makeup Revolution Super Matte Primer
The Makeup Revolution Super Matte Primer is a perfect liquid primer spray that is ideal for setting a perfect base for your makeup. This lightweight spray water is supercharged with multi-vitamins to infuse hydration into your skin and add a radiant glow. Use this primer to get a dewy makeup look that stays for long – all in a single spritz of this spray.
Prominent Features of the Makeup Revolution Super Matte Primer:
- This mattifying primer from Makeup Revolution helps control the oil in your face
- This ultra-matte primer will give your skin a long-lasting, shine-free look all-day
- This primer is made from high-quality materials which are highly nourishing
- Gives a matte effect
- Moisturises the skin
- Lightweight formula
- Not suitable for dry skin
Why We Picked the Makeup Revolution Super Matte Primer?
The Makeup Revolution Super Matte Primer helps you create lovely looks. The primer includes high-quality materials that come at an affordable cost.
5. Insight HD Primer
Insight Cosmetics is a global brand with more than 31 years of experience in the cosmetic industry. The Insight HD face primer is a silky textured, Vitamin E-infused liquid primer that keeps your skin bright and also instantly reduces pores. The matte, velvety finish it offers is perfect for your makeup base. It feels light, is suitable for all skin types, and lasts for up to 10 hours.
Prominent Features of the Insight HD Primer:
- The face primer immediately reduces pores, seals in makeup, and improves the appearance of the skin
- The primer thoroughly absorbs into the skin and aids in pore closure, keeping makeup out of the pores
- The primer lasts for up to 10 hours and produces a brilliant, matte, velvety finish
- Easily absorbs into skin
- Produces a matte, velvety finish
- Non-greasy and lightweight formula
- Free from parabens and fragrances
Why We Picked the Insight HD Primer?
The HD Primer from Insight contains Vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant that supports healthy skin. In order for makeup to apply seamlessly and evenly, it fills in the pores and fine wrinkles. Additionally, the primer stays for up to 10 hours.
6. Mars Pore Cure Long Lasting Makeup Primer
Mars Pore Cure Long Lasting Makeup Primer gives you a radiant even base for makeup for every occasion. Not only that, it minimises pores on your skin. This unique primer locks in moisture on your face, making your skin look well-hydrated. Use it to get that perfect skin tone when setting the base for your makeup.
Prominent Features of the Mars Pore Cure Long Lasting Makeup Primer:
- Flawlessly melts into your skin and enhances your complexion
- The PolyLift technology enables the powder to dissolve into your skin, giving you a naturally radiant appearance
- The silky texture conceals flaws and gives you a young, beautiful complexion without ever becoming cakey or dry
- Provides a matte effect
- Lightweight formula
- Blends easily into the skin
7. Swiss Beauty Pearl Primer
Started in 2008, Swiss Beauty is the world’s fastest-growing beauty brand with a strong geographical footprint, inspiring women to stay unique and classy. The brand’s liquid primer creates the smoothest canvas for your makeup. Enriched with pearl powder, the primer brightens your skin and leaves it with a natural glow even when applied by itself.
Prominent Features of the Swiss Beauty Pearl Primer:
- This radiance-boosting primer gives the face an amazing shine by quickly illuminating the complexion and defining facial features
- This primer smoothes small lines and wrinkles and can revitalise dull skin
- The primer provides a silky feel over the skin for long-lasting, flawless makeup
- The hydrating formula helps in minimizing the appearance of pores and fine lines, making your skin ready for makeup
- Provides a radiant glow
- Smoothens fine lines and wrinkles
- Gives a soft texture
8. Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water
Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water promises to give a photo finish look by adding a boost of radiance. This face primer is free from oil, fragrances, parabens, and talc. The skin looks ultrasoft when it rapidly absorbs into it for long-lasting hydration. The primer delivers electrolytes in order to reawaken the skin and replenish moisture.
Prominent Features of the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water:
- Hydrates, nourishes, and strengthens skin while priming, setting, and refreshing
- Establishes a thin, permeable skin barrier that prepares the face for makeup
- This enhanced Primer Water seeps into the skin for long-lasting hydration
- Vegan and cruelty-free
- Prepares face for makeup
9. Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer
This primer by Revlon is a lightweight gel-like liquid that is not at all shimmery and gives a soft glow to your face. It is very soft and smooth and blends easily to form a natural glow on your face. The photochromatic pigments in the primer easily mask the pores and fine lines.
Prominent Features of the Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer:
- Helps to smooth skin and deflect light to help hide blemishes and level out skin texture
- Makes a flawless canvas so that your foundation can be applied easily and evenly
- Additionally, this primer can both be worn over foundation or alone
- Lessens the visibility of pores
- Smoothens and softens the skin
- Free from oil, talc, and fragrances
10. MAC Prep Plus Prime Fix
The MAC Prep Plus Prime Fix sets your makeup for a long haul of 12 hours. It is a lightweight mist of water packed with vitamins and minerals, blended with an infusion of green tea, chamomile, and cucumber to keep your skin fresh. This primer cum fixing spray is dermatologically tested and approved.
Prominent Features of the MAC Prep Plus Prime Fix :
- This primer and setting spray stays on the face for around 12 hours
- This primer nourishes your face and keeps it fresh and hydrated
- The lightweight formula of the primer rejuvenates the face and makes it smooth
- Dermatologist tested
- Makes skin smooth
- Rejuvenates the skin
11. Miss Claire Illuminator Makeup Base
You can create a velvety professional base for the foundation by applying this makeup primer from Miss Claire. This Illuminator Makeup Base primer will help you conceal skin imperfections like blemishes, wrinkles and dark circles. The primer will also hold the make-up for a long period of time and ensure you look naturally gorgeous.
Prominent Features of the Miss Claire Illuminator Makeup Base:
- With Miss Claire’s thin liquid illuminator, give your skin a revitalised, healthy shine
- Includes delicate light-reflecting particles that naturally blend into the skin and can be used to highlight
- Instantly makes the skin shine and nicely accentuates your face
- Can be worn for a long time
- May be too shiny
12. Sivanna Colors Powderless Liquid Primer
This powderless liquid primer by Sivanna blends very well into the skin. But, if you have large pores and very oily skin, then this might not be the best option for you. Otherwise, this is a very good primer that will mattify immediately after application and give you natural-looking, glowing skin instantly.
Prominent Features of the Sivanna Colors Powderless Liquid Primer:
- All wrinkles are covered with the special formula of this liquid primer from Sivanna
- The primer is simple to spread and stain-free
- This primer will last throughout the day, providing you with even coverage
- Spread easily
- Covers wrinkles
- Provides a matte effect
Based on our research, Colorbar Magic Water Primer, Wet n Wild Prime Focus Primer, and L.A. Girl Primer Spray are our top picks for the best liquid primers in India. We also considered factors like skin type, type of primer, ingredients and SPF while making our recommendations for the best brands of liquid primer in India. We would like to know which one worked out best for you.
What is the best brand for primer?
If you are looking for gel and cream base primers, go for Lakme. Lakme has primers in both cream and gel textures which are super blendable. These can be worn easily and make for an easy base for your makeup routine.
What is the best primer for people over 50?
Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer is the best choice for those over the age of 50 and above. Its lightweight gel-like formula gives a soft glow to your face. It is very soft and smooth and blends easily to form a natural glow on your face. The photochromatic pigments in the primer easily mask the pores and fine lines, making it easy for you to ready your face for full makeup.
Do you moisturise before primer?
Yes, moisturisation is an important part of setting a makeup base. Always moisturise your skin before applying a primer.
What is the best primer for all skin types?
If you want a primer that is ideal for all skin types, the Lotus Herbals Makeup Ecostay Insta Smooth Perfecting Primer won’t disappoint you. It features a gel-based, weightless formula with long-staying power. It is an oil-free, mattifying primer enriched with Vitamin E. Aside from readying your face for full makeup, this primer also evens out skin tone and reduces the appearance of acne and pores when blended properly.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
Highly seasoned and qualified researchers at CashKaro work hard to supply you with the greatest market advice accessible online. To build a list of products you can trust, we examine numerous products and compare them based on a range of characteristics. We hope our recommendations of the best liquid primers have helped you out. Nevertheless, before applying a new product evenly, we suggest that you try it on a tiny patch of skin for 48 hours. This will enable you to monitor how you are responding to the substances that have been utilised. We genuinely hope that this list will aid you in making an informed judgement.