Cocoa powder is generally a finely ground brown powder which is made from fermented cocoa beans. The powder is commonly used in baking to give a chocolaty taste and colour to your baked goods. It is a typical baking ingredient used in a variety of applications and recipes, including cookies, cakes, brownies, chocolates, and frosting. It provides a special richness to any dish that asks for chocolate due to its deep taste and velvety texture.
Aside from flavouring, cocoa powder is also employed in the production of coatings for cakes or sweets. Cocoa powder is used in beverages such as chocolate milk to give them a rich feel in your mouth. There are various companies in the market offering good quality cocoa products. Here are some of the best cocoa powder brands available in India to help give you context for making the right purchase. Here you can also check the best milk powder brands & milk chocolate brands in India.
Our Top Recommendations
How Do We Choose the Best Cocoa Powder Brands For You?
Even if it doesn’t seem like much, a few spoonfuls may completely change the flavour of a dish. The nicest part about using cocoa powder is that it sifts easily into a sauce or batter without the hassle of a double boiler. In India, good quality cocoa powder costs anywhere between Rs 70 to Rs 600.
Before you jump into our recommendations of the best cocoa powders available in India, we suggest you go through the factors that helped us decide on the best products for you.
Types of Cocoa Powder
Natural Cocoa Powder: It is the most prevalent cocoa powder, which is found both in stores and in recipes. It is frequently referred to on the packaging as ‘unsweetened cocoa powder’ or ‘pure cocoa powder’. The taste is fruity, rich, and bitter, and its appearance is light brown.
Dutch-process: This kind of cocoa powder has a less overpowering taste and is deeper in colour than natural cocoa powder. It gives baked foods what some people think of as a richer, fudgier taste.
Black Cocoa Powder: Due to extensive, repetitive processing, this particular kind of Dutch-process cocoa powder has a very dark hue. If you want to make a black baked item or chocolate sauce, black cocoa powder is essential.
Cacao Powder: Although they both originate from the same component, cacao and cocoa are somewhat distinct products. Cacao is substantially more bitter than cocoa, so substituting it for cocoa in a dessert recipe will result in a significantly less sweet end product.
Staying healthy is important. Therefore, we recommend that you choose unsweetened natural cocoa powders if you are conscious of your consumption of calories, sugar, and fat. Dutch cocoa and naturally sweetened chocolate are acceptable alternatives. Additionally, certain cocoa powders are non-GMO, dairy-free, and soy-free.
The next thing you should consider while buying cocoa powder is the kind of taste you like. Dutch-cocoa has a mild flavour with a chocolaty taste, whereas unsweetened natural cocoa has a harsh, acidic flavour with a chocolatey taste. We recommend that you should type according to what your taste buds love.
List of Top 10 Cocoa Powder Brands For Your Next Indulgence
Cadbury is a world-famous chocolate brand; it was founded in 1824 by John Cadbury. Mondelez International purchased this candy brand in 2010 and has been running it as a sub-brand since then. It became well-known for Dairy Milk chocolate, which is the best-selling chocolate in India. Today, the brand is present in over 50 countries across the world.
Cadbury cocoa powder comes in a beautifully designed container that contains the authentic Cadbury chocolate flavour created from the best cocoa beans. Use it to make a hot chocolate drink or use other chocolate recipes to make delicious smoothies, cakes, and more.
Prominent Features of the Cadbury Cocoa Powder:
- Made from the best cocoa beans, it provides you with a pleasant beverage that improves your mood
- This cocoa powder is packaged in a gorgeous container that contains true Cadbury chocolate flavour from the best cocoa beans
- Use the Cadbury Cocoa Powder to create inventive chocolate dishes or enjoy it as a hot chocolate beverage
- Delicious chocolatey flavour
- Attractive and functional packaging
Why We Picked the Cadbury Cocoa Powder?
Give your recipes a dark, chocolatey look and taste with the Cadbury Cocoa Powder. It is made from the premium-quality beans that are used in Cadbury’s renowned chocolate bars.
LuvIt is a chocolate and confectionery brand in India that is owned by Chennai-based FMCG start-up Global Consumer Products. Their products are strongly associated with youth culture and have 100 percent real and organic cocoa powder.
It is the ideal companion for any baking operation. This product may be used to make delectable cupcakes, cakes, cookies, frostings, smoothies, and milkshakes.
Prominent Features of the LuvIt Cocoa Powder:
- Contains natural pure cocoa that is unsweetened and free of sugar to offer you the ultimate rich chocolate flavour
- Your ideal companion for preparing everything delectable and divine, including cakes, brownies, and frostings
- Whether it be hot cocoa, chocolate milkshakes, or smoothies, LuvIt is the solution
- Rich in dietary fibre and antioxidants
- Keto-friendly and gluten-free
- No added sugar
Why We Picked the LuvIt Cocoa Powder?
The LuvIt Cocoa Powder can be used to create a number of delectable desserts and beverages. Enjoy a glass of milkshake or a deliciously baked cake with the LuvIt Cocoa Powder. Additionally, the cocoa powder is free from added sugar.
Christopher Cocoa is an Indian cocoa powder brand that sells a wide variety of coffee, tea, chocolates, and cocoa powders. This is a natural and unsweetened cocoa powder that may be used to make delicious beverages like hot chocolate and milkshakes. The power can also be used in other forms of baking to make delectable desserts.
Prominent Features of the Christopher Cocoa Powder:
- Use Christopher Cocoa’s unsweetened dark cocoa powder to create delectable milkshakes or hot chocolate in addition to making cakes and cookies
- The chocolate treat we know today as Christopher Cocoa is a celebration of the journey that ‘found’ cacao beans
- The Christopher Cocoa Powder is made from pure cocoa and is free from added sugar
- Keto-friendly and gluten-free
- Free from added sugar
Why We Picked the Christopher Cocoa Powder?
Christopher Cocoa pays homage to the journey that discovered cacao beans and produced the current delightful treat known as chocolate. The powder is healthy and free from sugar, so you can consume it without any worries.
Artha Naturals is a firm that specialises in organic and natural products.
The brand’s cocoa powder has a rich flavour and is manufactured from high-quality ingredients that have various health advantages. It is a natural cocoa powder that provides variety of applications, including drinks, baking, and other uses. It has an enticing and distinctive flavour.
The brand’s cocoa powder has a rich flavour and is manufactured from high-quality ingredients that have various health advantages. It is a natural cocoa powder that can be used for a variety of applications, including drinks, baking, and other uses. It has an enticing and distinctive flavour.
Prominent Features of the Artha Natural Cocoa Powder:
- The Dutched cocoa offers the finished product a superb flavour as well as a richer and warmer colour
- With this premium cocoa powder manufactured from 100% cocoa, you may also prepare rich, delectable hot chocolate
- Additionally, raw cocoa powder from Artha Natural may be used to keep the skin healthy
- Provides a richer taste and warmer colour
- Made from organic ingredients
- Free from artificial colours
Why We Picked the Artha Natural Cocoa Powder?
Mix the Artha Natural Cocoa Powder into baked items like bread, pancakes, waffles, cookies, brownies, cakes, and more. You can also blend it into smoothies and other delicious beverages as well. Additionally, your skin may be softened, made clearer, and detoxified with the help of a cocoa powder mask you can make from Artha Natural.
Weikfield is one of India’s leading makers and suppliers of green tea and pasta. In addition, the firm provides items ranging from baking materials and dessert mixes to fruit spreads. Weikfield Cocoa powder is rich, aromatic, and sweet. This reduced-fat cocoa powder is ideal for making chocolate-flavoured confectioneries, desserts, and sauces.
Prominent Features of the Weikfield Cocoa Powder:
- Use this cocoa powder to make your favourite chocolate cakes, brownies, cookies, and trifles
- Since cocoa powder is low in fat, indulge in your favourite sweets without worrying about sticking to a tight diet
- With the help of this cocoa powder, add a divine dose of sweetness to your dishes
- Reduced fat
- Made from premium cocoa beans
- Elegant chocolate flavour
Why We Picked the Weikfield Cocoa Powder?
The best cocoa beans are used to create Weikfield Cocoa Powder. It provides your tongue with a mouthwatering flavour and a satisfying texture for baking. You can also add the cocoa powder as a topping.
Chirag Kenia founded Urban Platter in 2015, and the firm has since evolved to become India’s leading maker of gourmet products. The business is based in Maharashtra and sells everything online. This company supplies a broad variety of gourmet items.
Urban platter cocoa powder is made from all-natural cocoa beans with no preservatives added. Cocoa powder has a rich taste and a strong chocolate flavour without the use of unnecessary sugars and additions. The traditional cocoa powder from Urban Platter offers naturally processed cocoa powder with a pH between 5 and 6.
Prominent Features of the Urban Platter Cocoa Powder:
- Every cupboard should have Urban Platter’s natural cocoa powder since you never know when you’ll have a hankering for something different
- Your dishes get tastier and chocolatier with only a tablespoon of the powder from Urban Platter
- Due to its lack of sweetness, it may be used in place of regular chocolate powder to reduce the amount of sugar and calories in a recipe
- Flavourful and tasty
Healthy Hive is a food products company that offers a wide range of food products that have been particularly selected for homes. Healthy Hive Cocoa Powder imparts a delicious flavour as well as a darker colour to the product. You can use this cocoa powder to produce delectable cakes, brownies, frappes, cookies, granola bars, hot chocolate, shakes, ice creams, and other sweets.
Prominent Features of the Healthy Hive Cocoa Powder:
- The Healthy Hive Cocoa Powder comes in a convenient, reusable, airtight, sealed stand-up pouch
- The cocoa powder features a strong and robust cocoa flavour
- The end product has an excellent flavour and a darker, warmer colour thanks to Dutched cocoa.
- Free from artificial flavours and artificial colours
- Convenient packaging
- Gluten-free and unsweetened
Sorich Organics is a firm that provides organic and natural herbs, spices, nuts and other products straight from the field to your kitchen. Sorich products are extensively tested against several quality checks to deliver high-quality products to customers.
Sorich Organics Cocoa Powder is praised for its high quantities of flavonols and antioxidants. It is high in beneficial components like calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc, and omega-6 fatty acids. These substances have a good impact on your physical and mental health.
Prominent Features of the Sorich Organics Cocoa Powder:
- Contains significant amounts of omega-6 fatty acids, magnesium, calcium, and other beneficial substances, which is healthy
- Dark cocoa powder may aid with stress relief, blood pressure control, and even weight loss
- Made from 100 percent raw, unsweetened cocoa beans and processed in accordance with strict quality control guidelines
- Free from artificial preservatives and colours
- Made from organic ingredients
- Provides nutrition to your food
With Hershey’s Cocoa, give baking and creating hot chocolate your all. This cacao is naturally unsweetened, very adaptable, and really delicious. It is suitable for making amazing hot chocolate, frostings, and desserts.
Prominent Features of the Hershey’s Cocoa Powder:
- The cocoa powder from Hershey’s is natural and unsweetened
- Take advantage of the rich chocolate flavour with this ideal baking companion that adds a rich flavour to your food
- Make delectable cakes and baked goods with Hershey’s cocoa powder
- High in dietary fibre and antioxidants
- Made from natural ingredients
looms & weaves
looms & weaves homemade cocoa powder is natural, unsweetened, and manufactured from the best cocoa beans. The perfect baking ingredient, the looms & weaves cocoa powder, gives your treats a delicious chocolate taste and scent. It may be included in almost anything, including cookies and rich chocolate desserts.
Prominent Features of the looms & weaves Cocoa Powder:
- The unsweetened cocoa powder is made from cocoa that has been farmed organically
- Due to its low calorie and high fibre content, the looms & weaves Cocoa Powder is a healthy baking ingredient
- Only the best cacao beans are used to create the raw cacao powder from looms & weaves
- Made from natural ingredients
- Contains flavonoids and vital minerals
- Eco-friendly packaging
If you love baking, a jar of cocoa powder in your kitchen is a necessity. Based on our research, Cadbury, LuvIt, Christopher Cocoa, and Artha Naturals are our top picks for the best cocoa powder brands in India. While making our recommendations, we also took into consideration factors like types of cocoa powder, health, and taste. Let us know which one worked out the best for you!
Which brand of cocoa powder is the best?
There are various brands that offer the best quality cocoa powder. Brands like Cadbury, LuvIt, and Urban Platter, provide the best quality cocoa powder. We recommend that you go through our entire list and find one that is best suited to your requirements.
Which cocoa powder is healthiest?
Cocoa powder containing beneficial components like magnesium, calcium, zinc, iron, and omega-6 is the healthiest. Additionally, you can also get cocoa powders that are keto-friendly and gluten-free.
How do you choose good-quality cocoa powder?
A good quality cocoa powder is naturally unsweetened and has no added preservatives. While choosing a good quality cocoa powder, you should also decide on the type of cocoa powder and its taste.
Is Cadbury cocoa powder good?
Yes, Cadbury cocoa powder is good. It is a major chocolate brand in the world. The cocoa powder is made from premium-quality beans that are also used in the brand’s signature chocolate bar.
Which is the best-selling brand of cocoa powder?
Hershey’s and Cadbury are the best-selling brands of cocoa powder. These brands are popular for their quality products and are loved and trusted by Indian households.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
Highly experienced and competent researchers at CashKaro work hard to provide you with the finest market suggestions available online. To create a list of products you can trust, we evaluate various products and compare them based on a variety of factors. We considered types of cocoa powder, health, taste, and other aspects while making our recommendations for the best cocoa powder brands in India. We really hope that this list will assist you in reaching an educated conclusion.