Water is the essence of life, and you must consume safe and potable water. In India, many regions face challenges such as poor water conditions and worsened water quality. To tackle this issue, many brands have started manufacturing mineral water in cans and bottles. They also come in handy while travelling or when you are outdoors. Mineral water is considered pure and is much safer to drink than regular tap water. If you don’t like drinking unsafe water, you can rely on bottled water manufactured by the best water brands in India. Here you will find some of the top water brands you can trust.
|Our Top Recommendations||Best Prices on Amazon|
How Do We Choose the Best Water Brands for You?
With each passing day, people are getting cautious about what they are consuming. As a result, access to clean water for drinking and sanitation purposes is attaining a new height. People are now moving on to packaged water brands to keep drinking water problems at bay. To meet this rising demand, there are several water brands on the market. However, you can’t trust all of them. This is why we have curated a list of the best water brands that you can consider without having any second thoughts about purity. You can get a water bottle from any of these top brands in the range of Rs 20 to Rs 100.
Some of the factors that helped us in selecting these brands are:
Many brands add substances to water that makes it unhealthy to drink. It also hampers the taste of the water. This is why we have picked the brands that offer safe and pure water without any chemicals.
Marking and Labeling
The packaged drinking water should be legibly marked to ensure purity. A bottle with the brand name, address of the processor, date of processing/packaging, best before date, etc., is mandatory. We ensured all the mentioned brands had these details on the bottle.
List of the 15 Best Water Brands in India
On this page:
When asked to name a water brand, Bisleri is one of the first ones that come to mind. It is an originally Italian mineral water brand that retails bottled mineral water and soda. The company was founded by Felice Bisleri and Jayantilal Chauhan in the year 1969. Over the years, the brand has evolved a lot and has its own e-commerce store today.
Prominent Features of the Bisleri Water:
- It is rich in minerals and helps in the removal of toxins from our bodies
- Regular consumption can help in hydrating your body and make your skin appear healthier from within
- Water goes through 10 step quality process and 114 quality tests to ensure goodness
- There is a wide range of bottle sizes- 250 ml, 300 ml, 500 ml, 1L, 2L, 5L, 10L and 20L
- Easily accessible
- Safe to drink
- Multiple pack sizes
Why We Picked the Bisleri Water?
Bisleri is a symbol of goodness, trust, and purity and has been the most preferred brand in Indian households for decades. The water is added with minerals and goes through double ozonisation to ensure safety. Mineral water by Bisleri comes in a safe plastic bottle and has a TDS level of a maximum of 120 PPM. This makes it excellent water for drinking.
Here you can also check the best fruit juice brands in India.
Kinley is one of the largest distributors of packaged drinking water in India. It is owned by The Coca-Cola Co. and supplies products to European and Asian regions. The brand also produces carbonated water that comes in various flavours and is loved by millions. Since Cocoa-Cola had a huge fan base for its cold drink, it enjoyed instant success as soon as it launched Kinley water in India in 2000.
Prominent Features of the Kinley Water:
- Kinley’s mineral water goes through a 10-step purification process that removes fungi or bacteria
- It has a sweet and pure taste that will quench your thirst and keep your body hydrated
- Water comes in different sizes ranging from 200 ml to 20-litre jars for multiple purposes
- To ensure purity, it is subjected to sand filtering and ultraviolet (UV) treatment and an excellent filtration system
- Doorstep service
- Different sizes
- Global presence
Why We Picked the Kinley Water?
Introduced back in 2000, Kinley’s mineral water offers a pure, crisp, clean drinking experience. Every drop of the water is clean and safe and is packed with all safety standards in mind. It is produced with the latest technology of operation, that is, Reverse Osmosis. While this water stands for purity, it is also affordable and comes in convenient packaging.
Himalayan is one of the first natural mineral water brands in India. The brand sources its water directly from the mighty Shivalik ranges of the Himalayas. It’s free of any contaminators and very rich in minerals that are beneficial for your health. The brand claims that its water has mild alkaline levels that are perfect for the human body.
Prominent Features of the Himalayan Water:
- Himalayan Water comes in a sleek pink packaging which looks quite pleasing and is convenient to hold
- The water is purified through layers of Himalayan rocks that make it safe and pure to drink, along with enhancing its taste
- It is filtered from any form of contamination and is settled in a double-layered aquifer to ensure safety
- The water has a pH balance of 7.1 to 7.7, which makes it neutral or mildly alkaline
- Beautiful packaging
- Rich in 84 trace minerals
- Internationally certified
- It comes only in four sizes
Why We Picked the Himalayan Water?
Passed through layers of sand, silt and rocks, Himalayan water is pure, safe, and healthy to drink. Before packaging into a bottle, this water is tested by an FDA-approved laboratory that ensures it is safe for human consumption. Also, it has a perfect taste and offers excellent benefits to the human body, which makes it the absolute best.
A brand by Varahi, Mizu is another safe and pure drinking water brand. It is known for bringing clean water that is sourced directly from nature. On top of it, Mizu’s mineral water is audited by top-notch names in the market, which adds to customers’ trust. It produces mineral-rich water and has an online presence to let you order quality natural mineral water right from your home.
Prominent Features of the Mizu Water:
- Rich in calcium, bicarbonates, and magnesium making it safe to drink and good for digestion
- Produced through a multi-grade filtration process using the latest technology to offer you the best of the taste
- Packed in strong, PET fridge bottles that are 100% recyclable and BPA-free, making it good for the environment as well as health
- You can select between three sizes: 200 ml, 500 ml, and 1000 ml
- Excellent health benefits
- Optimum pH of 7.8
- Great packaging
- Little expensive than other options
Why We Picked the Mizu Water?
Mizu’s mineral water is pure, safe, and clean to drink. Since it is sourced from the foothills of the Himalayas, it revives, restores and refreshes all senses and helps you stay healthy. To ensure that you get the best product, this water is filtered with accurate safety methods and goes through several testing before reaching out to you.
Bailley is a packaged drinking water brand owned by Parle Agro. It was launched in 1993 and is known as a trusted brand in the country. It is a symbol of purity and is widely loved for being a safe source of drinking water. This brand has 52 state-of-the-art bottling plants across the country and is known for delivering service for different needs and occasions.
Prominent Features of the Bailley Water:
- The Bailley Water Bottle has a rich mix of minerals and electrolytes that keep your body energised
- Drinking this water every day can lead to the removal of toxins from your body and will make your skin glow from within
- Bailley mineral water comes in convenient packaging with a sturdy handle that makes it easy to carry and hold
- You can get 250ml, 500ml, 1 ltr, or 20 ltr bottles from a nearby store or order them online
- Different pack sizes
- Safe and pure
Why We Picked the Bailley Water?
Bailley packaged drinking water is safe and pure and is preferred as an excellent source of drinking water in India. It comes in plastic bottle packaging of different sizes that are great to store. The water is packed with great minerals that are much needed for us to stay healthy. Also, it has a sweet taste that speaks about its purity and makes it a great choice to drink.
Vedica is a natural mineral water brand by Bisleri. It sources the water from Himalayan ranges and ensures that the water is not stripped of minerals and electrolytes. With a fine balance of minerals and premium packaging, Vedica caters to the need of an ever-growing premium customer base. With the goodness of Himalayas in every sip, this water brand is an excellent pick from this list.
Prominent Features of the Vedica Water:
- It has the right balance of minerals and alkaline levels, enhancing its taste and making it much more healthy to consume
- Water has high pH of 7.9, which offers it high alkalinity and low acidity that works as an antidote for stressful lives
- With low sodium content, this water is perfect for people with high blood pressure and heart ailments
- 4 different size of packaging is available: 1L, 750ML, 500ML, 250ML
- Free from microbial activity
- Health benefits
- Premium packaging
7. VARAHI Moonlight
Another water brand by Varahi, Moonlight, is a pristine natural mineral water brand that sources water directly from nature. Over the years, the brand has been known for its crystal clarity and naturally sweet taste. You can find water from this brand offline in general stores and can also get it delivered directly to your doorstep through online platforms.
Prominent Features of the VARAHI Moonlight Water:
- It is naturally Alkaline mineral water with a pH level of 7.8, which makes it safe to drink
- Packed with the water that is sourced from the foothills of the Himalayas, the oldest mountain range in the world
- Water is low in sodium and high in bicarbonates that makes it good for digestion and health
- Comes in beautiful cylindrical packaging and is available in different sizes- 250 ml, 500 ml, and 1L
- Refreshing taste
- Environmental-friendly packaging
Uniquely sourced spring water, Evian is an excellent choice for clean, healthy, and pure drinking water. The water by this brand has a cool, crisp taste because of its source- French Alps. When it comes to filtration, it travels through layers of glacial rocks and gets filtered naturally. It also enhances electrolytes and minerals in the water and makes it extremely healthy.
Prominent Features of the Evian Water:
- Water has a balanced pH of 7.2, which gives it a great taste and ensures its purity
- Comes in different sizes, from conveniently sized on-the-go bottles to large water bottles to fit every occasion
- It is 100% natural water with no extra additives or enhancements to make it safe to drink
- The bottle is made with 50% recyclable plastic, which is quite safe for the environment as well as for health
- Easily accessible
- Multiple package sizes
- Extremely hydrating
Owned by Pepsico, Aquafina is another top-selling brand in India. It was launched in the year 1994 in the US and has travelled throughout the world due to its great quality. You get both flavoured and unflavoured bottled water under this brand. Aquafina’s water is so safe that it is licensed to be used in skincare products. With headquarters in Kansas, the brand has created a formidable reputation in the global market.
Prominent Features of the Aquafina Water:
- Aquafina’s Mineral Water gives your body an instant boost of hydration and makes sure that you feel healthy
- This water goes through a 5 step purification process so that you receive safe and pure water
- Water meets government standards and has been verified by independent experts before getting packed into the bottle
- Being pure, it removes toxins from your body while keeping you healthy and fit
- Great taste
- 100% recyclable packaging
- There is no large size bottle or can
Patanjali is a popular Indian packaged goods company that heavily relies on Ayurveda to make its products. It was launched in the year 2006 by Baba Ramdev and Balkrishna. With headquarters in Haridwar, the company supplies products to almost every part of the country and has gained a lot of popularity due to its great quality. With wealthy skills & rich experience, this company has made the list of best water brands in India.
Prominent Features of the Patanjali Water:
- The Divya Jal by Patanjali comes in various sizes and is completely free of contaminants
- The water is rich in minerals that are essential to fulfilling the needs of the human body and keeping it healthy
- Water has to pass through 7 different types of filtration steps to get rid of all impurities
- It is alkaline and chronic free water that supports both bones and digestive health
- Excellent packaging
- Infused with rich minerals
- 100+ quality tests
Owned by the Narang Group, Qua is a water brand that uses French bottling expertise and compliance with international bottling standards. They source water from the Himalayan foothills that are completely untouched by humans until you open the bottle. Even the catchment area is 100% pollution-free and is away from any kind of human activities.
Prominent Features of the Qua Water:
- This water bottle by Qua contains mineral water that has a natural sweetness and a pleasant taste
- It is rich in minerals and electrolytes that help keep your body healthy and make you feel instantly replenished after drinking it
- Drinking this water naturally removes all toxins and detoxifies and replenishes the human body
- With more magnesium, it is good for the heart and helps in relaxing muscles while helping in weight management
- Hydrates the skin
- Slightly over-priced
Founded in 1868 by Jamsetji Tata, this brand has become a large conglomerate today. It has a global reputation for producing high-quality products and owns brands such as Starbucks and Tata Cliq. If you’re looking for a trusted brand serving packaged drinking water, you can rely on Tata without second thoughts. It is a perfect choice for people who follow an active lifestyle.
Prominent Features of the Tata Water:
- The water is stored in copper vessels for a long time to make it perfect to boost immunity and keeps you energised at all times
- Despite being stored in copper, it has a taste or colour exactly the same as normal mineral water
- 500 ml serving of water provides 15% of the daily copper requirement of the body
- Comes in a sturdy plastic bottle and is available in four different sizes: 2 litres, 1 litre, 500 ml & 250 ml bottles
- Provides healthy hydration
- Contains 0% fat and sugar
- Helps immune system
- Availability might be an issue
13. Rail Neer
Every Indian who’s travelled in the Indian railways has heard of this brand. IRCTC launched this packaged water brand to serve the people travelling in trains and slowly became really popular in India. You can find it across multiple railway stations in the country at an affordable price. Having this water will definitely bring a lot of nostalgia and good train travel memories.
Prominent Features of Rail Neer:
- Rail Neer Water is purified and comes with the assurance of IRCTC
- It has a lot of minerals that give it a sweet taste and makes it healthier for your body
- Water passes through eight stages of purification processes and gets removed from dust, dead microbes, odour/colour
- To ensure purity, water gets disinfected from microorganisms with the help of ozone gas
- Quality water
- Free from chemicals
- Majorly available on rail premises
Kingfisher is an Indian brand that majorly retails beer, sodas, and water in the country. It was launched in 1857 and had a dominant presence in the Indian market. Over the years, it has become a leading water brand that boasts millions of customer base. If you are searching for safe, quality water, you can easily find it at nearby stores, or you can buy them online.
Prominent Features of the Kingfisher Water:
- This water bottle by Kingfisher is super rich in minerals and electrolytes that are good for health
- Regular consumption can help you release toxins from your body while quenching your thirst
- It is high-quality water that does not contain undesirable dissolved solids, biological contaminants, suspended solids and gases
- You can get this bottle in various sizes that start from 200ml and go all the way up to 20 litres
- Reasonably priced
- Bottle quality is not a top-notch
Nestle is another prominent name in the FMCG sector that offers clean and pure drinking water. Pure life packaged drinking water is one of its subsidiaries that is known for its unique water source and bottling up high-quality, mineral-rich purified water. It was introduced in the year 1993 and gave a new direction to water brands in the country.
Prominent Features of Nestle Water:
- It is purified water that provides sustainable hydration and helps you lead a healthy life
- Water gets packed in PET bottle, which is recyclable and is good for the environment and the human body
- Nestle offers water that meets industry standards and is ensured safe to drink by the experts
- It is colourless water that is free from chemicals and tastes good
- Safe and clean
- Multi-stage filtration process
- Easy availability
- Does not come in a wide range of sizes
These were a handful of reliable players that have garnered the trust of consumers. You can trust these brands to get clean, hygienic, safe and pure water to drink. While you can get a bottle from any of these above-mentioned brands, our personal favourite is Bisleri and Kinley because of the quality, hygienic drinking water and ways availability. However, we highly recommend you look through the entire list and pick the water brand that you find the best.
What are the best mineral water brands in India?
Bisleri, Aquafina, Kinley, and Bailley are some of the best mineral water brands in India.
Which water is best to drink?
Springwater is best to drink as it’s rich in minerals and electrolytes.
Which water brand is the healthiest in India?
All mineral packaged water brands in India are healthy considering they are free from bacteria and any other pollutants due to a multi-step filtration process.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
At CashKaro, we have highly trained and certified researchers who work diligently to provide you with the best product recommendations. We examine various items and compare them based on a variety of parameters to create a list of things you can rely on. For this water brand blog, we consider the availability, packaging, components, etc. We hope this list will help you make an informed selection.