No matter how much we avoid sugar, ice creams always find a soft corner in our hearts. The delectable flavours, the creaminess, and oh the sweetness, ice creams are delightful and truly a treat. Whether you want something post-dinner to cleanse your palettes or just want a quick snack during the day, ice creams are a great option to go for! Not only are they delicious on their own, they even go well with brownies, gulab jamuns, and milkshakes. Nowadays, several sugar-free and natural ice creams have also hit the market, making it easier for health-conscious people to enjoy this amazing snack. If you’re looking for the best ice cream brands in India, worry not, as we have curated the perfect list for you to check out.
Our Favourite Picks
How Do We Pick the Best Ice Creams for You?
Whether you’re happy or sad, ice creams can be your perfect companion. In India, you can get great quality ice creams ranging from Rs 20 to Rs 500. A lot of Ice Cream maker brands also make more expensive & luxurious ice creams that you can try if you feel like splurging a bit. When picking your ice cream, check its ingredients, freshness, sugar content, flavor, quantity, and creaminess. If you’re someone who doesn’t like consuming excessive sugar, you can try out natural and sugar-free options that are made with natural ingredients and fruits that add to the sweetness. A lot of vegan options are also available in the market today. The products mentioned below are loved by millions across the country and are made by reputed brands. So, get ready to indulge in the rich, sweet, and creamy goodness!
List of the Top 14 Ice Cream Brands in India
Amul is a dairy co-operative FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) company based in Anand, Gujarat. It was launched in December 1946 and it offers hundreds of milk products in more than 60 countries. The brand generated a sales turnover of more than 390 billion rupees in FY 2021. With a massive turnover and an increasing customer base, this brand has become of the top ice-cream sellers in the country.
Features of the Amul Choco Almond Kesar Badam Ice Cream:
- Made with milk, sugar, and milk powder
- Contains almond bits and mesmerising kesar flavour
- The richness of the cream is well complemented by nuts and the fragrance of Kesar
- If you love Indian-inspired flavours, you will go through this tub pretty quickly
- Comes in a tub
Kwality Walls was established in 1956. It is formed by the merger of two independent companies, Walls from Great Britain and Kwality from India. The brand is now owned by Hindustan Unilever Limited and enjoys a lot of attention for its top-notch products. One of the most popular products of this brand is the Cornetto cone which is loved by everyone even today.
Features of the Kwality Walls Tender Coconut Ice Cream:
- The ice cream has a super smooth consistency and tender coconut chunks in every bite
- The coconut chunks add a nice texture that delivers a great in-mouth feel as well
- Since the ice cream is lightly sweetened, it will be enjoyable for people who love fresh flavours and low sugar
- Comes in a big tub
- Weighs 500 grams
Baskin-Robbins is an international brand formed by the merger of two international companies, Burt Baskin and Irv Robbins in 1945. It offers over 100 ice cream flavours in 30 countries and in 5800 locations. The brand has become one of the largest selling ice cream brands in the world, with its outlets spread well across the globe. The most popular ice cream flavours that please your taste buds are rum raisin, gold medal ribbon and a love potion.
Features of the Baskin-Robbins Honey Nut Crunch Ice Cream:
- This Honey Nut Crunch Ice cream tub has a classic caramel flavour that everyone loves
- Has a rich texture with honey and almond pralines
- Comes in a big tub
- Weighs 450 grams
- Contains jaggery for healthy sweetness
- Milk-based ice cream
Havmor was established in 1944 by Satish Chandra Chona in Karachi, Pakistan and was moved to India in 1947 after partition. The ice cream maker promises high-quality ingredients in all of its ice creams. It launches fresh flavors every season and it has a versatile product range like kulfi, ice creams, and family packs. It was acquired by Lotte International in 2017 and has seen massive growth since then.
Features of the Havmor Chocolate Truffle Bar Ice Cream:
- Made with a blend of chocolate, milk, and truffle flavour that adds an earthy richness to it
- The chocolate covering is made with cocoa butter and sugar, and cocoa solids that create an even more tempting taste
- You can also try Havmor’s red velvet, cookies and cream, and several other flavours from its outlet nearby
Dinshaw’s was founded by Dinshaw and Erashshaw in 1933 and is headquartered in Gittikhadan, Nagpur. It offers delicious ice creams in more than 12 states in the country. Over the years, Dinshaw’s has become a premium ice cream brand in the country with a solid fanbase. The most popular ice cream flavours that you have to try are frolix, sensation, and fruit tree.
Features of Dinshaw’s Strawberry Ice Cream:
- This Strawberry Ice Cream is the perfect flavour for when you have guests or friends over for dinner
- The subtle strawberry flavour tastes delicious and complements the sweetness even more
- It is made with medium-fat ingredients so even health-conscious people can enjoy it in moderate quantities
- Weighs 700 + 700 grams
- Comes in a pack of two
Creambell was established by RJ company in 2003 and operates in several Indian states today. The brand is also pretty famous in Nepal, Bhutan, Zambia, Uganda, and Rwanda. It also sells other dairy products such as milkshakes and yoghurt. You can find a huge variety of ice creams under this brand which is super tasty and priced reasonably.
Features of the Creambell Black Forest Ice Cream Cake:
- Perfect option for people who don’t like traditional cakes for their birthdays
- It has a creamy vanilla base with chocolate flakes that you can taste with each bite
- The cake has an utterly rich, smooth, and creamy texture
- Weighs 1000 ml
- Comes in a big carton
Top’N Town was established in 1970, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh. It has 300 distributors and around 28,000 retail outlets all over India. Top’N Town offers low fat and sugar-free ice creams for health-conscious people. The most popular ice cream flavours are sundaes, sorbets, and shooters.
Features of the Top’N Town Natural Litchi Ice Cream:
- A really refreshing ice cream with mildly scented litchi flavours
- The creamy texture blends really well with the sweetness of real litchi taking the taste to a whole other level
- It’s also not super sweet so you will get to enjoy the real flavour of the fruit
- Contains natural sweeteners
- Comes in a small tub
Mother Diary manufactures milk products like ice cream, paneer, ghee, edible oils, and vegetables as well. The brand was founded in the year 1974 and is currently headquartered in Noida, Uttar Pradesh. You can also find numerous processed foods such as jams and pickles under this brand. Mother Dairy generated a revenue of Rs 11,000 Crore in the year 2020 and has been growing furthermore with each year.
- This cookie crumb tub is the perfect mid-night snack to binge on while watching your favourite shows on Netflix
- Has a flavour combination mixed with cookie crumbs tastes really good
- Smooth and thick consistency
- Weighs 1 litre
- Comes in a tub
Vadilal Industries Limited was established in 1926 by Vadilal Gandhi. It has 550 distributors with a wide network of 50,000 retailers. It offers 150 flavours that are packed in 250 different forms and packs. The ice cream range includes cones, bars, candies, ice lollies and many more. Vadilal is also a big manufacturer of processed and ready-to-eat foods such as curries and bread.
Features of the Vadilal Cassata Ice Cream Cake:
- Brings back a lot of happy memories from childhood.
- Has 6 different layers of flavours and textures
- Soft cake bread at the bottom complements different ice cream flavours
- Has cashews on top that adds a nice crunch and intensify the flavour profile
- Choco chips adds a subtle bitterness that’s balanced perfectly with utterly sweet ice cream
- Weighs 500 grams
Founded in 1934, Nirula’s is one of the oldest and most famous fast-food chains in India. Its headquarters are based in New Delhi and mostly operates in UP, Punjab, Haryana, and Delhi. Its ice cream parlours are a popular spot for the youth in Delhi and the ice creams are to die for. You can also get fresh burgers, pizzas, and other quick snacks at Nirula’s outlets.
Features of the Nirula’s Butterscotch Crunch Ice Cream:
- Has a rich and creamy texture blended with crunchy caramel bits
- Made with fresh milk and cream for ultimate richness
- Comes in a tub
- Butterscotch nougat adds more value
- Can also be used to make milkshakes
- Weighs 650 ml
Natural’s Ice Cream
If you like ice creams but despise the added preservatives, NIC is a must-try brand for you. Founded in the year 1984 by Raghunandan Srinivas Kamath, this brand has become a sensation with its natural flavours and sweeteners. You can find a wide variety of flavours under this brand that you will thoroughly enjoy. It is an ISO certified brand that only offers original flavours.
Features of the NIC Alphonso Mango Ice Cream:
- Made with real mango chunks and pulp that create a fresh flavour and a smell that will mesmerise you
- Has a milk base that makes the ice cream very rich and creamy
- Contains no preservatives, added colours, or stabilisers
- Great option for health-conscious people
- Weighs 750 ml
- Comes in a tub
Giani is a home-grown brand that literally rules the dessert sector in India. It was founded in 1956 as Giani-di-Hatti by Giani Gurcharan Singh and there has been no stopping ever since. The brand is known for its rabdi-faluda, mango shakes, and ice creams with authentic flavours. It is headquartered in Delhi but has several outlets across the country.
Features of the Giani Belgium Chocolate Ice cream:
- Has a smooth and rich taste that tantalizes your taste buds
- The rich chocolate flavour is loved by people of all age groups and you must give it a try
- Weighs 500 ml
- Comes in a tub
Arun Ice Cream
Arun Ice Cream is an Indian brand founded by Mr. R. Ganesan in the year 1970. The brand is headquartered in Tamil Nadu and owned by Hatsun Agro Product. It is a pretty famous brand in Tamil Nadu and a lot of people enjoy having its ice creams. Arun Ice Creams has more than 2000 parlours in the southern region of India.
Features of the Arun Red Velvet Ice Cream Cone:
- This Red Velvet cone has a great flavour and a taste that you will never forget
- Comes in a variety of flavours
- Has the right balance of sweetness
- Cone adds a nice crunch to elevate the flavour
Established in 1960 by Reuben and Rose Mattus, this American ice cream brand is highly popular in India. It has its headquarters in Minnesota, New York, and is famous for sorbets, ice creams, frozen yogurts, and ice cream bars. You can get numerous traditional American flavors that are inspired by the tastes of different countries.
Features of the Häagen-Dazs Vanilla Ice Cream:
- Made with fresh cream and genuine vanilla pods that create a sophisticated flavor
- Not only does this ice cream taste great on its own but also compliments other desserts such as brownies and Indian sweets
- Comes in a tub
- Contains genuine vanilla for pure flavor
- Weighs 473 ml
What is the best ice cream flavour in India?
You can find a variety of different ice cream flavors in India that are delectable and a must-try for everyone. Some flavors that remain the top favorites are chocolate, vanilla, cookie crumb, caramel, mango, and orange.
Which is the best ice cream in the world?
Brands like Magnum and Vermont produce some of the best ice creams in the world. If we talk about the best ice cream in India, it would be from Amul and Kwality Walls.