Beat hair damage and hair loss with this not-so-crazy hack: essential oils. Essential oils are the easiest and most convenient way to revamp your hair like never before! These oils extracted from natural ingredients are replete with the goodness of nutrition. A few drops added to your normal hair-care routine can make all the difference in the world! We have simplified your search by listing down the best essential oils for hair growth right here. Read on to know more.
|Our Top Picks||Best Prices on Amazon|
|Good Vibes||Check Prices|
|Aroma Magic||Check Prices|
|St. Botanica||Check Prices|
Benefits of Using the Best Essential Oils for Hair
Dandruff, hair fall, hair loss, hair thinning, and split ends are all common problems that a lot of men and women suffer from. While there are a lot of expensive treatments that claim to offer relief from these problems, very few of them actually yield results.
Essential oils have been accredited with varied benefits on hair. Topical application of several essential oils can help strengthen hair, reduce hair fall and breakage. They can also keep dandruff away by keeping your scalp moisturized.
Essential oils for hair are extracted from natural ingredients found in nature like plants, spices, and flowers. One bottle of essential oil lasts you a few months since you only need a few drops for every use! Now that you know all the ways in which essential oils for hair can help you, let’s find out which essential oil should be used to address which problem and how to use it.
List of The 10 Best Essential Oils In India for Hair Growth
On this page:
- 1. Good Vibes Pure Lemon Essential Oil
- 2. Aroma Magic Lemongrass Essential Oil
- 3. St. Botanica Pure Himalayan Lavender Essential Oil
- 4. Organix Mantra Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 5. Soulflower Geranium Essential Oil
- 6. Naturalis Essence of Nature Peppermint Oil
- 7. Aromatique Rosemary Essential Oil
- 8. Aromazotika Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
- 9. Anveya Eucalyptus Oil
- 10. Sheer Veda Moroccan Argan Oil
- What precautions should be taken before using any essential oil?
- Which are the best essential oils for hair growth?
- Can you put essential oils in your hair?
- What essential oils can be mixed together for hair?
- How do you mix essential oils for hair growth?
1. Good Vibes Pure Lemon Essential Oil
Good Vibes is a popular skincare and hair care brand that is majorly popular for its natural skincare and haircare products, including essential oils, serums, shampoos, hair oils, creams, etc.
Prominent Features of the Good Vibes Pure Lemon Essential Oil:
- Contains the goodness of lemon that cleanses and refreshes your scalp
- It is rich in antioxidants and boosts collagen production
- It also helps in balancing your scalp’s pH levels and keeps it free from dandruff or itching
- It works really well on all skin and hair types
- Comes in a glass bottle with a dropper dispenser and weighs 10 ml
- Made using natural ingredients
- Has no irritating fragrance
Why We Picked the Good Vibes Pure Lemon Essential Oil?
Good Vibes is one of the best brands to get essential oils from in India. This Lemon Essential Oil is a godsend for anyone struggling with dandruff or itchy scalp. It not only rejuvenates your scalp but also balances the pH level of the scalp and strengthens hair follicles. It improves blood circulation to the scalp and nourishes the hair from roots to tips to reduce hair fall and promote hair growth.
How to Use: Take 5-6 drops of the oil and mix it with a carrier oil like coconut, almond, or jojoba oil. Massage it on your scalp and hair gently.
2. Aroma Magic Lemongrass Essential Oil
Aroma Magic is a popular aromatherapy and personal care brand that was founded in 1994 by Dr Blossom Kochhar and the late Col. V. Kochhar. The brand is majorly famous for its range of essential oils and body oils. It also retails natural skincare and hair care products that are priced reasonably. Looking for the best kinds of virgin coconut oil? Here is our ultimate guide for you.
Prominent Features of the Aroma Magic Lemongrass Essential Oil:
- Pure lemongrass essential oil that rejuvenates your senses
- It can help relieve strain and help you calm down after a long day
- Regular usage can help with dandruff removal
- It also promotes healthy hair growth
- Comes in a glass bottle with a dropper dispenser and weighs 20 ml
- Can be used in a diffuser
- A few drops can be put in a warm bath
- Can also be used to clean tabletops and floors
- True value for money
- The scent isn’t long-lasting
Why We Picked the Aroma Magic Lemongrass Essential Oil?
Soothe your scalp and your senses with the help of this pure lemongrass essential oil. The product smells really good and helps you mitigate dandruff. It reduces excess oil in the hair and scalp, adds shine, and also strengthens hair follicles to control hairfall.
How to Use: Take a few drops of the oil and mix it with your shampoo or conditioner. You can also mix it with a carrier oil like coconut or olive. Massage it on your scalp, you may also leave the oil overnight for amazing results.
3. St. Botanica Pure Himalayan Lavender Essential Oil
St. Botanica is one of the best natural skincare and hair care brands in India. From essential oils, face serums, and hair oils to face creams, cleansers, etc., you get everything under this brand.
Prominent Features of the St. Botanica Pure Himalayan Lavender Essential Oil:
- Contains 100% premium quality lavender essential oil
- Has a natural formula with no additives whatsoever
- Has a therapeutic effect and soothes your skin and hair when used
- It can also promote healthy hair growth and soothe your scalp
- Comes in a bottle with a dropper dispenser and weighs 15 ml
- Pure and safe oil
- Contains no fillers or bases
- Free of parabens, SLS, phthalates, and mineral oil
- Can be used in a diffuser, in your bath, skin or hair moisturiser, or with a carrier oil
Why We Picked the St. Botanica Pure Himalayan Lavender Essential Oil?
This lavender essential oil by St. Botanica is a must-try for everyone. It has a beautiful fragrance that will soothe your senses instantly. With regular usage, you can see significant changes in your skin texture and hair. Lavender oil stimulates faster and thicker hair growth and also helps with dandruff. It may also help in preventing lice.
How to Use: A few drops or equal amounts of lavender essential oil can be mixed with a carrier oil like jojoba or coconut. You can leave it on for a few minutes or overnight on your hair and then wash it off. You can also use it in your hair masks or add a few drops to your haircare products.
4. Organix Mantra Tea Tree Essential Oil
Organix Mantra was founded in 2016 by Anand Gupta and has become a prominent personal care and wellness brand today. It retails everything from skincare, haircare, and personal wellness products to aromatherapy treatments.
Prominent Features of the Organix Mantra Tea Tree Essential Oil:
- Contains undiluted tea tree essential oil that has a therapeutic effect
- It can also help promote healthy hair growth
- Using this oil can reduce dandruff and flaky scalp
- You can also use this to cure acne and even as a mouthwash
- Fights nail fungus and helps with footcare
- Comes in a bottle and weighs 15 ml
- Organically sourced
- Has multiple benefits
- Some might not like the fragrance
Why We Picked the Organix Mantra Tea Tree Essential Oil?
This tea tree oil is known to improve blood circulation and remove all toxins from the scalp, paving the way for healthy hair growth. One of the best essential oils for hair growth, this tea tree oil for hair is known to offer antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory benefits. It soothes the scalp and makes your locks grow thicker and stronger!
How to Use: For dandruff issues, you can mix a few drops of tea tree essential oil into your shampoo and massage well. For hair growth, you can mix it with a carrier oil like almond or coconut and apply it to your hair. You can then wrap a warm towel and let it sit for about 20 minutes and then wash it off.
5. Soulflower Geranium Essential Oil
Soulflower was founded in 2001 and offers natural skincare, haircare, and personal care solutions in India. It uses organic and therapeutic ingredients to create stunning products. The company is headquartered in Mumbai and has a solid online presence.
Prominent Features of the Soulflower Geranium Essential Oil:
- Finest grade essential oil extracted from geranium flowers
- Has a non-greasy formula that absorbs easily into your scalp/skin
- Helps limit excess sebum secretion
- Also prevents hairfall and promotes healthy hair growth
- Comes in a glass bottle and weighs 15 ml
- Scalp hydration
- Some might not like the fragrance
Why We Picked the Soulflower Geranium Essential Oil?
This geranium essential oil for hair contributes to the health and cleanliness of the scalp, soothes dryness and itchiness, and enhances healthier hair growth by stimulating and improving circulation to the scalp. This undiluted essential oil has a sweet floral aroma. It is a non-greasy essential oil for hair that regulates sebum and oil secretion from the scalp by having a conditioning effect. This essential oil adds enough moisture to the scalp and hair to keep it hydrated and nourished.
How to Use: For soft and smooth hair, you can prepare a mist with germanium oil, lavender oil, sandalwood oil, and water. Put it in a spray bottle and apply it to your hair and scalp. You can leave it on for some time before washing your hair. Additionally, you can also dilute this essential oil with a carrier oil like sweet almond or sunflower and use it to massage your hair.
6. Naturalis Essence of Nature Peppermint Oil
Naturalis is a brand that specialises in aromatherapy products that you must check out. It retails top-grade essential oils, herbal soaps, moisturisers, and grooming essentials. Moreover, we have curated a list of the best onion hair oils to get you some much-needed help.
Prominent Features of the Naturalis Peppermint Oil:
- It is one of the best essential oils for hair growth
- It causes a cold, tingling feeling when it increases blood circulation
- Helps relieve muscle aches and minor stomach discomfort
- Stimulates hair follicles and stimulates the scalp
- This eucalyptus oil by Naturalis Essence of Nature is 100% pure and natural
- Comes in a bottle and weighs 30 ml
- Steam distillation extracted
- Fragrance might be too strong
Why We Picked the Naturalis Peppermint Oil?
This essential oil offers many benefits for your skin, hair, and health and is available at a reasonable price. It has antiseptic and antibacterial properties that can help fight fungal infections and keep your home germ-free. If you’re using this oil on your scalp, it can help relieve itchiness, dryness, and other scalp issues. Menthol also helps with improving blood circulation, offering better hair growth and reducing hair loss.
How to Use: Peppermint essential oil can be mixed with your favourite carrier oil for a head massage. A few drops can also be added to your shampoo or conditioner.
7. Aromatique Rosemary Essential Oil
Aromatique is another leader in the aromatherapy market that you must check out. It retails essential oils, carrier oils, face masks, etc., that you can easily buy on Amazon.
Prominent Features of the Aromatique Rosemary Essential Oil:
- This tea tree oil helps in increasing circulation and soothes irritated scalp
- It helps improve hair thickness and ensures silky smooth hair
- This essential oil, when included in your regular hair massage routine, can induce hair growth
- You can also use it in a diffuser to replenish your senses
- Smoothens skin’s texture, reduces fine lines, wrinkles, stretch marks, and acne marks
- Comes in a bottle in 15 ml and 30 ml variants
- Premium therapeutic grade
- Pure essential oil
- Works well on acne
Why We Picked the Aromatique Rosemary Essential Oil?
Rosemary essential oil works as a DHT blocker, thus, preventing hair loss and improving hair growth. It also helps in preventing premature greying, dandruff, and dry or itchy scalp.
How to Use: Mix it with a carrier oil like coconut or jojoba and apply it to your hair and scalp. Massage it well, leave it on for about 20 minutes and then wash off. You can also use the oil mixed in your shampoo, conditioner, creams, or lotions.
8. Aromazotika Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
Aromazotika ylang ylang oil is a 100% natural product that is undiluted. This therapeutic grade oil is free from chemicals and vegan. The brand is quite prominent on Amazon, and you must check out its product range.
Prominent Features of the Aromazotika Ylang Ylang Essential Oil:
- A couple of drops can be rubbed on the palms, wrists, or feet to reduce stress
- It is ideal for a body massage and works as a natural deodorant
- Ylang ylang oil is also said to boost sensuality
- Balances and regulates oil production in skin and hair to reduce dryness
- Paraben, SLS, and artificial fragrance-free
- Comes in an amber bottle to protect the product against UV rays
Why We Picked the Aromazotika Ylang Ylang Essential Oil?
Ylang Ylang essential oil reduces hair fall and stimulates hair follicles for better hair growth. It also treats dry, brittle, and thin hair by improving sebum production. It is an amazing oil for those with a dry scalp and people who want to improve their hair texture.
How to Use: Mix 4-5 drops of ylang ylang oil with 2 tablespoons of warm carrier oil like coconut or olive. Massage it well and wrap a warm towel for about 30 minutes before washing.
9. Anveya Eucalyptus Oil
Anveya is a personal care and beauty brand that was founded in 2018 by Vivek Singh and Saurav Patnaik. The brand majorly retails essential oils, cold-pressed oils, hair conditioners, shampoos, etc.
Prominent Features of the Anveya Eucalyptus Essential Oil:
- This eucalyptus oil is known to have antimicrobial, antifungal and herbicidal properties
- Soothes cough and sore throat
- Reduces acne and blemishes
- Soothes headaches, relieves pain, and uplifts mood
- One of the best essential oils for hair growth and a healthier scalp
- Also, a staple for haircare as it stimulates hair follicles, improves hair health, and promotes hair growth
- It relieves itchy scalp and eradicates hair lice
- Comes in a bottle and weighs 15 ml
- Relieves itchy scalp and lice
- Certified organic
Why We Picked the Anveya Eucalyptus Essential Oil?
Eucalyptus oil helps you manage dandruff and yeast build-up on the scalp. It also soothes dry, itchy, and flaky scalp, prevents oily hair and boosts hair growth. It provides nutrients to your hair to make them look thick and shiny.
How to Use: Always use eucalyptus oil with a carrier oil like jojoba, olive, coconut, castor, or moringa. Mix 2-3 drops of the eucalyptus essential oil with the carrier oil and massage it on your scalp and hair. Leave it on for 30 minutes to an hour before washing it off.
10. Sheer Veda Moroccan Argan Oil
Sheer Veda is another leading contender in the Indian ayurvedic personal care market. The brand offers simple yet effective solutions for skin and hair concerns. Its products are made using ayurvedic ingredients and are quite effective.
Prominent Features of the Sheer Veda Argan Essential Oil:
- This argan oil is rich in antioxidants that help hydrate and moisturize the hair and the scalp
- Nourishes the hair to restore and improve its shine, texture, and elasticity
- This essential oil helps rejuvenate damaged hair and gives your hair the much-required shine and bounce
- It also reduces frizz, thus making your hair manageable
- Contains vitamin E that enhances overall scalp health and boosts hair growth
- Has Vitamin E
- Reduces hair damage
- Cold-pressed extraction
Why We Picked the Sheer Veda Argan Essential Oil?
Argan oil products are by far some of the most popular products for haircare and skincare. This Argan essential oil moisturises and conditions the hair to make them soft and shiny. It reduces hair damage caused due to styling and colouring. It can also treat dandruff, hair breakage, and hair loss with its nourishing fatty acids and Vitamin E.
How to Use: Argan oil shampoos, oils, and masks are abundantly available in the market. If you are using argan essential oil, you can mix a few drops in your shampoo, conditioner, or hair mask. A few drops can also be used on your hair before styling to reduce frizz.
Essential oils are therapeutic and loaded with numerous benefits for hair and skin. In this article, we have listed some of the best essential oils for hair growth based on their formulas, ingredients, and efficacy. While we really love the essential oils from Good Vibes, Aroma Magic, and Organix India, let us know which ones you love the most.
What precautions should be taken before using any essential oil?
While essential oils can be beneficial in more ways than one, there are a few precautions you must take before using them.
1. Do not use them as an alternative to your medicinal treatments for any health, skin, or hair problem
2. Avoid using them if you are pregnant or lactating
3. Do not use them if you are allergic to any ingredient or feel major discomfort upon using any essential oil
4. While some essential oils can be used directly, always read the instructions before use
5. Always use a carrier oil or dilute them with skincare and haircare products
6. If using them for aromatherapy, keep your diffuser in a well-ventilated area
7. Do not ingest essential oils
8. Do not expose them to sunlight
9. Keep them out of reach of children and pets
Which are the best essential oils for hair growth?
Some of the best essential oils for hair health are:
Tea Tree Oil
Can you put essential oils in your hair?
Yes, you can use essential oils to boost hair growth, treat dryness, dandruff, alopecia, and other infections. Just add a few drops of the recommended essential oils for your hair into a carrier oil like coconut, almond, etc., and massage gently into your tresses.
What essential oils can be mixed together for hair?
You can mix lavender essential oil for damage repair and hair growth with a carrier oil like almond or coconut. Alternatively, you can mix tea tree essential oil into your hair mask to get a clean and clear scalp.
How do you mix essential oils for hair growth?
You can mix two to three drops of any of the best essential oils for hair into a carrier oil like coconut before applying.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
We have a team of qualified researchers who study and understand several products before curating these lists. For the essential oil blog, we made sure to add products that were extracted using the cold-press method, had natural ingredients, and were completely free of chemicals. Since we aim to offer you the best shopping suggestions, you will never find a shady product here.