When a wound heals, it may leave a scar. Scars can be caused by injuries, acne, burns, or surgery. Since your face is constantly exposed to the environment, scars on your body may have a harder time healing. But, with Tea Tree Oil, you can get rid of your scars. There are many benefits of Tea Tree Oil. Learn how you can use it to remove scars.
Causes of Scars
Scars form when the dermis (thick layer of skin) is damaged. The body forms new collagen fibres (a naturally occurring protein in the body) to mend the damage, resulting in a scar.
What is Tea Tree Oil?
Tea tree oil is an essential oil extracted from the tea tree shrub. It is native to Australia. It has properties that have made it a popular remedy for treating scalp and skin issues. Here you can also check best essential oils for hair growth in India.
How is Tea Tree Oil Good for Treating Scars?
There are many benefits of Tea Tree Oil for your skin. Tea tree oil contains antibacterial, antiseptic, and anti-fungal properties due to terpenoids like eucalyptol, cineole etc. This oil heals several skin infections; the chemicals present in this oil also fade and lighten scars.
|Our Top Picks||Check Prices On Amazon|
|Naturalis – Essence of Nature Tea Tree Essential Oil||Check Prices|
|Good Vibes – 100% Pure Tea Tree Essential Oil||Check Prices|
|The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil||Check Prices|
How Do We Choose the Best Tea Tree Oil?
Tea tree oil has many medicinal properties that not only help in treating scars but also treat acne, athlete’s foot, lice, nail fungus and insect bites. In India, you can get quality tea tree oils starting at Rs 200. However, you should not apply tea tree oil directly on your skin but use it with a carrier oil like almond, coconut or olive. For 1-2 drops of tea tree oil, use at least about 12 drops of the carrier oil.
Here are a few factors that you can consider before buying tea tree oil.
Derived from Melaleuca alternifolia plant, the uses of tea tree oil are diverse. You should know your skin concerns and type before getting one, as tea tree oil can be strong and cause irritation if you have sensitive or very dry skin types. A patch test or consultation with your dermatologist is also recommended.
Choose an organic tea tree oil and read the labels to ensure its purity. Organic products usually offer higher levels of purity and potency. Also choose a darker bottle, as transparent bottles may affect the quality of the product.
The higher the concentration of terpinene-4-ol (the powerful compound responsible for tea tree oil’s anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties), the greater its effects will be. Examine and find a concentration between 10% and 40%.
Best Tea Tree Oil Brands for Skin Care
On this page:
- 1. Naturalis
- 2. Good Vibes
- 3. Organic Mantra Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 4. The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil
- 5. Soulflower Tea Tree Essential Oil
- How You Can Use Tea Tree Oil for Scars?
- Benefits of Tea Tree Oil for Skin
- Benefits of Tea Tree Oil for Hair
- Does tea tree oil really prevent acne?
- Is tea tree oil or Bio oil better for acne scars?
- How many days does it take for tea tree oil to remove acne and scars from your face?
- How can you use tea tree oil to help treat scars?
- Is tea tree oil good for scars? If so, will it help with my rash scars?
- Are neem and tea tree oils good for removing acne, pimples and scars for oily skin?
- How long will it take for tea tree oil to remove a scar?
- What are some of the best essential oils for removing scars?
- Can tea tree oil get rid of dark spots?
- Can you put tea tree oil directly on your skin?
- Can I leave tea tree oil on my face overnight?
- How can you make scars go away?
- How can surgical scars be removed?
- How do you get rid of scars from your face fast?
The brand Naturalis brings this tea tree oil derived from natural products. The brand ensures the originality and the authenticity of the products and their benefits. It offers natural and quality products that are easily accessible to everyone.
Prominent Features of the Naturalis Essence of Nature Tea Tree Essential Oil:
- Tea tree oil is an essential oil option for topical treatments
- Can be used to cure nails, skin, and hair problems
- The product can also be used as an insect repellent, deodorant, or mouthwash
- Fights against facial scars
- It’s natural and chemical-free
- Superb for skin, acne, and scars treatment
- Comes in various sizes beginning from 10 ml
- The fragrance might not be suitable for all
- Might be too strong for some skin types
Why We Picked the Naturalis Essence of Nature Tea Tree Essential Oil?
This tea tree essential oil is a natural formula available in various sizes to suit everyone’s needs. It works on skin problems and treats other problems like fungal infections or dandruff.
2. Good Vibes
Good Vibes is a nature-inspired brand that brings you quality skincare, haircare, and bath and body products. It also has a range of essential oils that can be used as diffusers or on your skin.
Prominent Features of the Good Vibes – 100% Pure Tea Tree Essential Oil
- Astringent properties help in reducing pore size and regulating oil production
- It is a 100% pure tea tree oil that can be used on all skin and hair types
- Not tested on animals and is free of sulphates, parabens & alcohol
- Steam distilled product
- Non-GMO and no synthetics
- Controls acne
- Reduces dandruff
- Uplifts mood
- Provides smooth and clear skin
- Soothes scalp and reduces itchiness
- Fades scars
- Provides healthy hair and clean scalp
- Might still cause irritation. Patch test recommended.
Why We Picked the Good Vibes – 100% Pure Tea Tree Essential Oil?
This tea tree essential oil has anti-fungal, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties. It is known for its capability to lessen blemishes, dark spots, and acne. It controls excess sebum production on the skin and thus maintains the skin texture and lightens scars.
3. Organic Mantra Tea Tree Essential Oil
Organix Mantra’s Australian tea tree oil is 100% pure, natural, and undiluted. It is free from adulterants and additives and benefits you in more ways than one. Extracted from tea tree leaves using the steam distillation process, this oil is also 100% therapeutic with a fresh and medicinal scent.
Prominent Features of the Organic Mantra Tea Tree Essential Oil
- Mint and spice backnotes for a fresh scent
- Powerful antiseptic properties to heal wounds, infections, and scars
- It is paraben, sulphate, GMO, and chemical-free
- Skin beautifying cleanser
- Refreshing foot care
- Insect repellent
- Mould cleaner
- Can be used for laundry
- Can be used as a bathroom cleaner
- Can be used with water as a homemade mouthwash
- Enhances mood and relieves stress
- Should not be exposed to direct sunlight
Why We Picked the Organic Mantra Tea Tree Essential Oil?
Organix Mantra offers superior quality plant-derived products that are free from harmful chemicals. Each bottle is tested and verified as per the industry guidelines. The product is natural and helpful, however, it should not be used by pregnant and lactating mothers, and a patch test is recommended for all users.
4. The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil
The Body Shop is a British skincare, cosmetics, and perfume company founded in 1976 by Anita Roddick. Its products use natural ingredients and are cruelty-free, making it one of the most loved brands globally. Its tea tree oil is sourced from the foothills of Mt. Kenya and is known for its powerful purifying properties.
Prominent Features of the Body Shop Tea Tree Oil
- The tea tree oil targets the dark spots, blemishes, acne, and scars
- It provides a naturally clean look
- Made using a steam distillation process within 12 hours of harvest
- Also contains lemon and tamanu oil to clear blemishes
- Purifying vegan oil
- Clears acne and blemishes
- Promotes softer, better skin
- Little expensive
- May cause mild itching
Why We Picked The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil?
The Body Shop brings luxurious and effective products to its consumers. From its body washes to shampoos, makeup, and fragrances, its products are highly coveted by people. This tea tree oil works wonders on blemishes and is one of the best choices for tea tree oils.
5. Soulflower Tea Tree Essential Oil
Soulflower is India’s first farm to face beauty brand that brings you organically derived and highly effective skin and hair care solutions. The brand is also cruelty-free, environmentally conscious, and transparent about its ingredients to give you nothing but the best.
Prominent Features of the Soulflower Tea Tree Essential Oil
- The tea tree oil is 100% natural, undiluted, and organic
- Handmade and 100% vegan
- Made from steam distilled from twigs and leaves
- No artificial fragrance, parabens, or SLS
- Controls acne and blemishes
- Soothes skin and prevents odour
- Nourishes scalp and reduces dandruff
- Promotes healthy nails
- Has cleansing and rejuvenating properties
- Minty and vibrant aroma
- Might not suit everyone
Why We Picked Soulflower Tea Tree Oil?
Soulflower is a clean beauty brand, which makes it immensely popular on the market. Their tea tree oil has numerous benefits and suits all skin and hair types, making it another great pick.
How You Can Use Tea Tree Oil for Scars?
These two methods can help you get rid of scars once and for all:
Tea Tree Oil and Honey Face Mask for Scars
Mix 1 teaspoonful of honey with 2-3 drops of tea tree oil and apply it to the face. Keep this for 20 minutes, then wash off. This will provide multiple benefits like hydration and healing acne and pimple marks.
Tea Tree Oil Facial Cleanser
Use tea tree oil face wash or neem-based cleanser, to keep your skin pimple-free and lessen the chances of scarring. You can also add 2 drops of tea tree oil to your cleanser/ face wash and then cleanse the face.
Properties of Tea Tree Oil
Benefits of Tea Tree Oil for Skin
- Combats oiliness
- Reduces itchiness
- Relieves redness and irritation
- Heals infections, cuts, wounds, and scars
- Can be used as a natural deodorant
- Cures nail fungus
- Can be used as a chemical-free mouthwash
- Tightens and unclogs pores
- Maintains skin elasticity
Benefits of Tea Tree Oil for Hair
- Prevents dandruff
- Offers fuller hair
- Stimulates hair follicles for growth
- Kills lice
- Prevents excess oil production
- Reduces itchiness
- Can be used as a sanitiser
- Can be used to clean floors, kill termites, and germs
- Effective as a mosquito and insect repellent
- Prevents mould growth on fruits and vegetables
If you experience a little stinging sensation, do not worry. It is normal as tea tree oil is a concentrated oil. Also, you can alter the drops of oil you use depending on your skin type.
Does tea tree oil really prevent acne?
Tea tree oil is a multifaceted herbal oil that is a one-stop solution for many skin problems. Tea tree oil has antibacterial, antimicrobial, anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties. Being a light textured oil, it penetrates deep into the skin and treats the root cause of acne- sebum and acne-causing bacteria. It kills Propionibacterium acne and Cutibacterium acne and reduces the sebum build up in the skin. Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, the redness and swelling of acne bumps are also reduced. It also prevents the formation of new acne bumps on the skin.
Is tea tree oil or Bio oil better for acne scars?
Tea tree oil and Bio oil are both good for acne scars. Tea tree oil has a lighter texture and gets readily absorbed to treat acne and acne-related problems more quickly than Bio oil.
How many days does it take for tea tree oil to remove acne and scars from your face?
The time to heal acne or acne scars with tea tree oil depends on the skin type, the severity of the acne outbreak and the number of times the oil is applied. Acne problems can be resolved within a week to a month, depending on your skin’s absorption rate and the nature of acne. Freshly formed acne scars will take around 4 to 5 weeks to fade, while old scars take longer.
How can you use tea tree oil to help treat scars?
Tea tree oil is a great product for removing scars. Tea tree oil contains compounds like terpinolene, terpineole, limonene, cineole, eucalyptol etc., that are effective in fading scars. Tea tree oil gently removes the dead skin cells from the skin. Scars have a layer of calloused skin that makes fading difficult. Tea tree gently exfoliates the dead dermis and regenerates new cells that make the skin scar-free.
Is tea tree oil good for scars? If so, will it help with my rash scars?
Yes, tea tree oil is a beneficial product in removing scars from the skin. Yes, it is effective in fading rash scars from the skin too.
Are neem and tea tree oils good for removing acne, pimples and scars for oily skin?
Both neem and tea tree oil are loaded with antibacterial, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and antiseptic properties. A blend of the two can do wonders for acne-ridden skin. They reduce the sebum build-up, eliminate Propionibacterium acne that causes acne vulgaris, and cleanse dirt and pollutants from the skin, making it clean and acne-free. They also treat stubborn zits and pimples and minimize the size of open pores to prevent another bout of acne.
How long will it take for tea tree oil to remove a scar?
Tea tree oil takes approximately around 4 to 5 weeks to a few months to fade a scar away effectively. Again, a lot of the healing process depends on the type of scar you have, whether it is a surgical scar, keloid scar, hypertrophic scar, contracture scar, acne scar etc. It would also depend on the skin’s ability to absorb the oil, the number of oil applications, and other external factors like humidity, pollution, etc.
What are some of the best essential oils for removing scars?
Tea tree essential oil, cedarwood essential oil, carrot seed essential oil, lavender essential oil, rosehip seed essential oil, geranium essential oil and Vitamin E essential oil are a few essential oils that are potent in removing scars from the skin.
Can tea tree oil get rid of dark spots?
Yes, tea tree oil is a great essential oil that is effective on dark spots as well. Regular application of tea tree oil fades dark spots, sun spots, freckles and evens out other skin discolourations.
Can you put tea tree oil directly on your skin?
It is not recommended to apply tea tree oil directly to your skin. Always use it with another carrier oil like olive oil, almond oil or coconut oil.
Can I leave tea tree oil on my face overnight?
Yes, you can safely leave tea tree oil on your face overnight post-application. Leaving it overnight gives the skin ample time to absorb the oil into the pores, and the tea tree oil can efficiently work its way to eliminate acne, scars, and hydrate and repair the skin.
How can you make scars go away?
Mix a few drops of tea tree oil with a carrier oil like olive oil or coconut oil, then apply it to your scarred skin. Leave the oil to soak for a few hours or overnight. Rinse off the skin with cold water and pat dry. You can also blend the tea tree oil with pure aloe vera gel for a cooling effect.
How can surgical scars be removed?
Depending upon the type of scar, they can be removed surgically through laser treatment, excision or skin grafts, steroids or fillers injections or prescription creams and ointments. Alternatively, one can use herbal products like tea tree oil, lemon juice and aloe vera gel.
How do you get rid of scars from your face fast?
Mix a few drops of tea tree essential oil to one tablespoon of aloe vera gel and apply it to the scarred area. Both tea tree and aloe vera gel are beneficial in fading scars quickly from the skin. Although, it won’t be an overnight process, it is every ounce worth the trouble.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
CashKaro has a team of skilled researchers who consider unbiased customer reviews, potency, and product quality to offer you the best products. Their detailed analysis helps you make your shopping experience smooth and hassle-free.