Menstrual cups are usually better options than pads and tampons, primarily because they are reliable, reusable, skin-friendly, and eco-friendly. All you need to do is give them a shot- we bet you’ll love the experience. Check out some of the best menstrual cups to see which one suits your needs the best. Thanks to menstrual cups, women now have the option to choose a rash-free period while experiencing utmost comfort. There is a rising concern and awareness regarding menstrual hygiene these days, and innovative personal care products like menstrual cups are making everyday life so much easier and more comfortable. In this article, you will find the best menstrual cup brands in India for safe and comfortable periods.
Our Top Recommendations
How Do We Pick the Best Menstrual Cups?
Using a menstrual cup is still quite unconventional in India as a lot of women aren’t comfortable with the thought of inserting it vaginally. If you’re a newbie, buying a menstrual cup can be a daunting task, and you may even end up making the wrong purchase. In India, you can easily get good quality cups ranging from Rs 399 to Rs 899.
Most brands use either silicone or rubber to make menstrual cups that are safe for you. Before buying, you must know about your cervix length, flow, firmness of the cup, and cup capacity. Women with short cervix length can do with smaller cups and big cups are suitable for women with a longer cervix.
These cups are reusable and you can easily wash them as per the guidelines mentioned on your packets. The brands mentioned below manufacture top-rated menstrual cups in India so you can trust them without a doubt. Here you can also check out some other body care products like Best Disinfectant Sprays & Face Serums in India.
List of Top Menstrual Cup Brands in India
Get used to a sustainable means for managing your periods with the Pee Safe menstrual cup. Peesafe was founded by Srijana Bagaria and Vikas Bagaria to help raise awareness about safe menstrual cycles and UTIs. The brand launched its Peesafe Toilet Seat Sanitizer which grabbed a lot of attention and soon the brand became a huge hit in the market for its other hygiene products as well.
Prominent Features of the Peesafe Menstrual Cup:
- It is reusable and recyclable and lasts a minimum of 5 years.
- It is free from chemicals and artificial fragrances, which makes it absolutely safe to use.
- One of the best menstrual cups for beginners, it can be safely used for up to 12 hours.
- It keeps rashes, odors, and leakage at bay and comes in three different sizes for women to choose from.
- It comes with a pouch to ensure hygiene and ease of carrying
- Made from 100% Medical Grade Silicone
- Free of chemicals and fragrance
- Comes in three sizes
- May be a little too hard
Sirona is one of the most trusted female hygiene brands in India. It was founded by Deep Bajaj in the year 2014 when his product PeeBuddy made waves in the market. Soon after the success of PeeBuddy, he expanded his business and launched more feminine hygiene products such as menstrual cups, intimate washes, and wipes. The company has its headquarters in Delhi and operates smoothly across the nation selling its products online.
Prominent Features of the Sirona Reusable Menstrual Cup:
- Designed by experts, it is a high-quality silicone cup that offers leak-proof protection for 8-10 hours
- With proper care and cleaning, this cost-effective purchase can last you up to 15 years
- It is a perfectly fitting cup that promises no leakage stains and allows you to have a worry-free active life
- It creates a seal around the vaginal wall to avoid leakage and staining clothes
- Features four air holes for minimal mess while removing
- Its stem has rings for easy removal
- Flexible rim creates a vacuum seal
- Does not disrupt natural pH
- May be a little tricky to insert it.
Safecup is a feminine hygiene company that claims to produce the safest and most comfortable menstrual cups in India. It was founded by Akash Tekriwal in the year 2019 and has sold over 75000 menstrual cups by people in the country. The brand is known to create environmentally safe products. They also sell wooden toothbrushes and period panties for extra comfort.
Prominent Features of the Safecup Menstrual Cup:
- Made from 100% platinum cured silicone
- It is safe and hygienic to use
- It is available in different sizes, varying from small, medium, to large, based on the age of the user and volume of the cup
- This menstrual cup’s custom designed rims provide an excellent grip so that you don’t have to worry about it slipping or leaking
- Its shelf life is a maximum of 5 years
- It comes in a hygiene pouch that is easy to carry
- Proprietary bulb shape makes it the easiest to insert
- Can be used while swimming, working out, and during other physical exercises
- No added dyes and colours
- May not be practical for longer hours of usage
Silky Cup is a homegrown company based in New Delhi and is counted as one of the top producers of sustainable menstrual cups in India. Their products are ISO Certified which draws a lot of attention to their brand and a lot of women from the country prefer to use their products.
Prominent Features of the Silky Cup Menstrual Cup:
- Made from thermoplastic elastomer
- Has undergone the crack growth test up to 1,50,000 cycles with repetitive bending strain and flexing
- It doesn’t cause any pain or discomfort and provides much-needed protection during your period days
- Designed by experts, it fits perfectly and can retain three times more period discharge than regular sanitary napkins and tampons
- Can be worn overnight
- Leaves no residual fibre
- Comes in three sizes
- You may feel a little uncomfortable at first.
Everteen is a feminine hygiene care brand that runs under the company, Wet and Dry Personal Care Ltd. The company is headquartered in New Delhi and is counted among the pioneers of feminine intimate hygiene care in India. You can find a long list of really great products under Everteen and you must give them a try!
Prominent Features of the Everteen Menstrual Cup:
- It is soft and safe to use and can be worn even for several hours
- There is no fear of any period disasters or infections, so you can be absolutely carefree
- It gives you complete freedom to indulge in water activities and is super easy to use
- It also comes with a guide on how to use this menstrual cup
- The airtight seal formed by the insertion of the menstrual cup helps to manage the unpleasant odour
- Prevents infection and irritation
- Silicone material allows easy insertion
- Free of deodorising agents
- May leak sometimes
Evereve is a menstrual health care brand that has a loyal customer base in India. Its products are very comfortable and reliable, which makes many women inclined to this brand.
Prominent Features of the Evereve Menstrual Cup:
- Menstrual cups are low-cost products that ensure maximum period hygiene
- Best menstrual cup for beginners and can be inserted into your vagina without any discomfort
- Gently wash it from a soap-free formula after each use to ensure it is clean and sterile before your next time
- When not in use, you can store this menstrual cup in the jute bag that it comes with
- It has a smaller removal tip to prevent irritation compared to longer tips that tend to brush against sensitive skin
- Small tip for ease
- Allows freedom of movement
- Biocompatible and chemical-free
- Tip may feel slippery and weak
Sanfe is a brand that took birth when two IIT graduates decided to make menstrual care more accessible and comfortable for women in India. Archit Aggarwal and Harry Sehrawal founded the brand in 2018 and have been successful at creating something truly unique. They sell intimate hygiene products such as pads, menstrual cups, intimate washes, and more.
Prominent Features of the Sanfe Menstrual Cup:
- Made with 100% reusable and flexible medical-grade silicone, approved by experts
- They come with a breathable cotton pouch to ensure regular airflow when not in use
- These form-fitting, fluffy-soft, and super-gentle cups are beginner-friendly
- They are designed for long-term usage and can be reused for up to ten years
- Comes with an instruction manual
- Prevents leakage and spilling
- Easy to remove
- Inserting may be a hassle
Plush is a brand that focuses solely on ensuring the comfort of every woman and making its products as eco-friendly as possible. They have a diverse team of people holding more than 20 years of experience in feminine health and hygiene. The brand was founded by Nidhi Kumra and currently has a solid clientele in the country.
Prominent Features of the Plush Menstrual Cup:
- Made with medical-grade silicone material to ensure your safety and comfort
- They are soft, flexible, and come with a small stem for easy insertion and removal
- The brand claims that the cup can hold discharge for up to 10 hours but that might vary according to the flow
- Comes with a cotton pouch
- Has a shelf life of upto 5 years
- Comes with a cotton bag for easy storage
- Can be worn while sleeping and working out
- Comes in 3 different sizes.
- May cause some leakage if not fitted properly
Gynocup is an Indian female hygiene company founded by Rachna from Mild Cares. The brand was founded in the year 2019 and has been operating pretty well with its online business. Gynocoup is currently headquartered in New Delhi and has stellar clientele across the country.
Prominent Features of the Gynocup Menstrual Cup:
- Designed with soft and flexible silicone material that feels comfortable all day long
- It creates a strong vacuum that prevents any leakage and keeps you tension-free all day
- Gynocup is one of the safest and most convenient products out there
- Prevents any microbe and bacterial growth, unlike regular pads
- Can be used for up to 12 hours
- Comes in 3 different sizes
- Easy insertion
- Goes inside easily but may not pop open properly
At the end of the day, no matter which product you choose to use for periods, it is inevitable that you practice hygienic period methods. Have any questions related to periods or menstruating products, leave them in the comments below.
Till then, have a comfortable period folks!
How to know which menstrual cup size is right for me?
Ideally, you should choose the size based on the brand’s sizing chart. But to give you a rough idea, you can follow this guide below.
– Small: Smaller menstrual cups are usually recommended for women in their 20s, who haven’t delivered vaginally
– Medium: Medium menstrual cups are for women in their 30s who may or may not have given birth vaginally
– Large: For women who have given birth vaginally and are in their 30s or 40s
Other factors to consider while buying a menstrual cup which you must factor in before choosing a cup.
1. Your age
2. Length of your cervix
3. Cup capacity
4. Your flow
Why should I use a menstrual cup?
Here are some reasons people are choosing menstrual cups over other period products:
1. They’re budget-friendly – It’s a one-time investment that will last you fairly long
2. Menstrual cups are safer as they collect blood rather than absorb blood and can reduce the chances of infection
3. Menstrual cups hold more blood and need not be changed often
4. They’re eco-friendly as they are reusable and leave minimum waste
How to insert a menstrual cup?
1. Wash your hands with soap
2. Fold the menstrual cup and insert it in your vagina
3. Once the cup is in your vagina, rotate it to ensure it is in place and there are no folds
How to remove a menstrual cup?
You can wear a menstrual for 6 to 12 hours, depending on whether or not you have a heavy flow.
1. Wash your hands with soap and water
2. Place your index finger and thumb into your vagina and pull the stem of the cup
3. Pinch the base to release the seal
4. Carefully, pull down to remove the cup
5. Once it’s out, empty the cup into the sink or toilet
6. Clean it with water and soap-free formula before using it again
What are the different menstrual cup folds?
For a comfortable insertion, the menstrual cups need to be folded in certain ways. The cup once inserted in your vagina will pop open inside for a leak-proof and comfortable experience.
Different folds you can try:
1. The C Fold – Push the cup from both ends and curve it to make the letter C.
2. The 7-Fold – Push the cup from both ends and curve the right side diagonally to the left side to make the number 7.
3. The Punch Down Fold – Push the front side of the cup towards the bottom of the cup to punch it down.
Inserting a menstrual cup can be tricky, but with a few trial and errors, you should be able to get the hang of it. We suggest you try all the folds to see which one works best for you.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
CashKaro has a team of skilled researchers who understand different products and how one is better than the other. On the basis of product testing, comparison, and study, we curate a list of top products that we highly recommend you try. We hope that this list will make shopping easy and fun for you.