Skip to Content
Menstrual cups are better options compared to pads and tampons, primarily because they are reliable, reusable, skin-friendly and eco-friendly. All you need to do is give it a shot- we bet you’ll love the experience. Check out some best menstrual cups to see which one suits your needs the best.
Thanks to menstrual cups, women now have the option to choose a rash-free period while experiencing utmost comfort. There is a rising concern and awareness regarding menstrual hygiene these days, and innovative personal care products like menstrual cups are making everyday life so much easier and comfortable.
List of Top Menstrual Cups in India
1. Pee Safe
Get used to a sustainable means for managing your periods with the Pee Safe menstrual cup. It is reusable and recyclable and lasts up to a minimum of 5 years. It is free from chemicals or any artificial fragrance, which makes it absolutely safe to use.
One of the best menstrual cups for beginners, it can be safely used for upto 12 hours. It keeps rashes, odour, and leakage at bay and comes in three different sizes for women to choose from. It comes with a pouch to ensure hygiene and ease of carrying.
- Made from 100% Medical Grade Silicone
- Free of chemicals and fragrance
- Comes in three sizes
Say no to menstrual odour with Sirona menstrual cup. Designed by experts, it is a high-quality silicone cup that offers leak-proof protection for 8-10 hours. With proper care and cleaning, this cost-effective buy can last you up to 15 years.
It is a perfectly fitting cup that promises no leakage stains and lets you have a worry-free active life. It creates a seal around the vaginal wall to avoid leakage and staining clothes. Second, on our best menstrual cups list, this one also features four-air-holes for minimal mess while removing.
- Its stem has rings for easy removal
- Flexible rim creates a vacuum seal
- Does not disrupt natural pH
Also Read: Best rose water brand in India
Safecup is one of the best menstrual cups made from 100% platinum cured silicone. It is safe and hygienic to use for every menstruating person. It is available in different sizes, varying from small, medium, to large, based on the age of the user and volume of the cup.
This menstrual cup’s specially designed rims provide an excellent grip so that you don’t have to worry about it slipping or leaking. Its shelf life is a maximum of 5 years, and it comes in a hygiene pouch that is easy to carry.
- Proprietary bulb shape makes it the easiest to insert
- Can be used while swimming, working out, and other physical exercises
- No added dyes and colours
4. Silky Cup
Made from thermoplastic elastomer, Silky Cup has undergone the crack growth test up to 1,50,000 cycles with repetitive bending strain and flexing so that you don’t have to compromise on quality. It is one of the best menstrual cups for women in their 30s
It doesn’t cause any pain or discomfort and provides much-needed protection during your period days. Designed by experts, it fits perfectly and can retain three times more period discharge than regular sanitary napkins and tampons.
- Can be worn overnight
- Leaves back no residual fibre
- Comes in three sizes
Must Read: Best sanitary pads brands
This beautifully packed cup from Everteen is at par with the best menstrual cups in the market. It is soft and safe to use and can be worn even for long hours. There is no fear of any period disasters or infections, so you can be absolutely carefree.
It gives you complete freedom to indulge in water activities and is super easy to use. It also comes with a guide on how to use this menstrual cup. The airtight seal formed by the insertion of the menstrual cup helps to manage the unpleasant odour.
- Prevents infection and irritation
- Silicone material allows easy insertion
- Free of deodorizing agents
Menstrual cups are low-cost products that ensure maximum period hygiene. This one from Evereve is one of the best menstrual cup for begginers and can be inserted in your vagina without any discomfort. Gently wash it from a soap-free formula after each use to ensure it is clean and sterile before every use.
When not in use, you can store this menstrual cup in the jute bag that comes with it. It has a smaller removal tip to prevent irritation compared to longer tips that tend to brush against the sensitive skin.
- Small tip for ease
- Allows freedom of movement
- Biocompatible and chemical-free
Also Read: Best cold wax brand in India
Last but definitely not the least in our best menstrual cup list is this one from Sanfe. These from-fitting, fluffy-soft, and super-gentle cups are beginner-friendly. These cups are designed for long-term usage and can be reused for upto ten years.
Sanfe menstrual cups are made with 100% reusable and flexible medical-grade silicone, approved by experts. They come with a breathable cotton pouch to ensure regular airflow when not being used.
- Comes with an instruction manual
- Prevents leakage and spilling
- Easy to remove
Must Read: Best wax strips in India
How to know which size is right for me?
Ideally, you should choose the size based on brand’s sizing chart. But to give you a rough idea, you can follow this guide below.
Small: Smaller menstrual cups are usually recommended for women in their 20’s years old who haven’t delivered vaginally
Medium: Medium menstrual cups are for women in their 30s who may or have not have given birth vaginally
Large: For women who have given birth vaginally and are in their 30s or 40’s
Other factors to consider while buying a menstrual cup which you must factor before choosing a cup.
- Your age
- Length of your cervix
- Cup capacity
- Your flow
Why should I use a menstrual cup?
Here are some reasons people are choosing menstrual cups over other period products
- They’re budget-friendly- It’s a one-time investment that will last you fairly long
- Menstrual cups are safer as they collect blood rather than absorb blood and can reduce the chances of infection
- Menstrual cups hold more blood and need not need to be changed often
- They’re eco-friendly as they are reusable and leave minimum waste
How to insert a menstrual cup?
- Wash your hands with soap
- Fold the menstrual cup and insert it in your vagina
- Once the cup is in your vagina, rotate it to ensure it is in place and there are no folds
How to remove a menstrual cup
You can wear a menstrual for 6 to 12 hours, depending on whether or not you have a heavy flow.
- Wash your hands with soap and water
- Place your index finger and thumb into your vagina and pull the stem of the cup
- Pinch the base to release the seal
- Carefully, pull down to remove the cup
- Once it’s out, empty the cup into the sink or toilet
- Clean it with water and soap-free formula before using it again
What are the different menstrual cup folds?
For a comfortable insertion, the menstrual cups need to be folded in certain ways. The cup once inserted in your vagina, will pop open inside for a leak-proof and comfortable experience.
Different folds you can try:
- The C Fold – Push the cup from both ends and curve it to make the letter C.
- The 7-Fold – Push the cup from both ends and curve the right side diagonally to the left side to make the number 7.
- The Punch Down Fold – Push the front side of the cup towards the bottom of the cup to punch it down.
Inserting a menstrual cup can be tricky, but with a few trial and errors, you should be able to the hang of it. We suggest you try all the folds to see which one works best for you.
At the end of the day, no matter which product you choose to use for periods, it is inevitable that you practice hygienic period methods. Have any questions related to periods or menstruating products, leave them in the comments below.
Till then, have a comfortable period folks!