Are you struggling to find the best scanner in India?
A scanner makes your life easier by converting your paper documents into digital formats that you can share with your friends and family as well as your professional peers. To help you make an informed decision, here is a rundown of the best scanner brands in India for all your scanning needs. Here you can check some other types of scanners & best printers for home use in India.
Our Top Recommendations
How Do We Choose the Best Scanners For You?
Keeping paper records is no longer necessary due to the increasing use of technology. The first step to a paperless workplace is converting paper documents into online files. Digital files guarantee that you won’t misplace important documentation, and they are more secure. In India, a good quality scanner costs anywhere between Rs 8,000 to Rs 40,000. Before you jump into our recommendations of the best scanners in India, we suggest you go through the factors that helped us decide on the best products for you.
Scanners come in two sizes. Depending on your needs, you can choose either a large or small-sized scanner.
Large Size Scanners: Depending on their width, larger scanners may scan documents as large as A3 to A0. Documents bigger than A0 are folded and pieced together for scanning. Large-scale scanners and used most often by professionals like architects and industrial workers.
Small-Size Scanners: These are the ideal scanners to use if all you need to do is scan documents that are A4 or letter size. The majority of scanners used in homes and offices are compact and small-sized models. Anything less than A4 size may be quickly and simply scanned.
The speed ranges at which scanners operate vary depending on the device. Lower resolutions are produced more quickly, whereas higher resolutions need more time to scan. The fastest speed is provided by advanced duplex scanners since they can scan two sides simultaneously. However, each scanner has a range of different speeds.
Some scanners have pre-installed software, so you don’t need to buy it individually. Depending on your needs, make sure the programme has functions like optical character recognition (OCR), picture editing, text indexing, searchable PDF production, and other often-used applications.
Even if you use a different scan programme, you still need to make sure it is compatible with your scanner. Additionally, confirm that your scanner has the hardware necessary to handle the functions you desire since even if the programme offers them, you cannot use them without the right equipment.
Depending on the kind of scanner, you may manually or automatically feed the paper. When feeding a lot of papers manually, you must feed each one one at a time, which is laborious and time-consuming.
Automatic document feeders automatically collect the papers from the stack of papers put in the corresponding tray. The procedure moves more quickly and needs less attention since this occurs automatically.
Scanners with high TLDR values produce brilliant colours. It provides lively colours, well-displaying gradients, and give excellent colour depth. You require a greater colour depth of up to 48 bits if you need to scan photographs.
On the other hand, if all you need to do is scan black and white papers, a colour depth of 24-bit to 8-bit will be fine. Anywhere between 24-bit and 36-bit will suffice if you also need to scan colour documents and common photographs.
Modern scanners may output digital data through USB or wireless communication. Your PC may be connected through a USB connection. However, wireless connectivity gives you total freedom. Therefore, if you want one, choose a scanner with Wireless Wi-Fi connections.
Additionally, you can invest in a scanner with duplex scanning if you want your scanner to work quickly. You may scan a piece of paper from both sides using dual-side scanning. The scanner can scan your paper from both sides. It is made feasible by the dual sensors on both sides of the material.
List of Top 12 Scanners in India
Canon CanoScan Lide 300 Scanner
Canon was founded by Takeshi Mitarai in 1937. Their products include printers, scanners, cameras, medical equipment, photocopiers, and more. Canon scanners are of three types- Cheque, Document, and Flatbed.
Prominent Features of the Canon CanoScan Lide 300 Scanner:
- The Canon CanoScan Scanner provides a good-quality scan, which is useful for artists and designers
- The scanner can be connected to your device via a USB and is simple to use
- This scanner has a compact form and is lightweight
- Easy to use
- Compact design
- Connects easily
Why We Picked the Canon CanoScan Lide 300 Scanner?
The Canon CanoScan Scanner is affordable and suitable if you are looking for a scanner on a budget. It helps you scan easily and provides good-quality pictures.
Fujitsu SP1130N Document Scanner
Fujitsu offers IT products and services and is the third oldest IT company. It was founded in 1935. Their products include Servers, ETERNUS, Computing devices, Peripheral devices, Scanners and more. Fujitsu offers a different range of scanners for different needs.
Prominent Features of the Fujitsu SP1130N Document Scanner:
- Utilising the clear screen, choose each detail effortlessly with the Fujitsu SP1130N Document Scanner
- The Fujitsu SP1130N Document Scanner is made of good materials and has an excellent-quality build
- The scanner has a simple and intuitive design with a pleasant user interface
- Sturdy construction
- Perfect for desktop use
- Easy to use
Why We Picked the Fujitsu SP1130N Document Scanner?
The Fujitsu SP1130N Document Scanner is easy to use and has good construction. The scanner has a simple interface and is perfect for office work and work at home.
Epson Perfection V39 Scanner
Epson is a Japanese Electronic company founded in 1942. Their products include laser printers, scanners, desktop computers, home theatre televisions and more. It is one of the largest manufacturers of computer printers. Epson manufactures over 10 different types of scanners to suit customers’ needs.
Prominent Features of the Epson Perfection V39 Scanner:
- To capture the finest details, the Epson Perfection Scanner combines great scanning quality with unmatched scanning capabilities
- The Epson is meant to minimise space and reduce clutter as it is compact
- The scanner improves mobility since it is small and light
- Removable lid
- Integrated kickstand
- USB powered scanning
Why We Picked the Canon Epson Perfection V39 Scanner?
The Canon Epson Perfection V39 Scanner has a compact design with excellent scanning capabilities. Additionally, you can enhance the quality of your scans by eliminating dust, recovering fading colours, and adjusting lighting by using Epson Easy Photo Fix software.
HP ScanJet Pro 3000 Sheet-Feed Scanner
Hewlett-Packard Company was founded in 1939 by William Redington Hewlett and David Packard. They offer computer hardware and software and IT services and consulting. HP scanners are of two types- Flatbed and Sheetfed. You can choose from over 4 varieties of each type.
Prominent Features of the HP ScanJet Pro 3000 Sheet-Feed Scanner:
- This HP ScanJet Pro has a sleek, compact design that is ideal for the desktop
- For quick, unattended scanning, insert up to 50 documents into the automated document feeder
- Waiting for warm-up is not required since HP Instant-on Scanning enables immediate scanning
- Sleek and compact design
- Provides quick scanning
- Accommodates A4, Cards, and even picture pages
Why We Picked the HP ScanJet Pro 3000 Sheet-Feed Scanner?
The flatbed HP ScanJet Pro 3000 Sheet-Feed Scanner can hold up to 50 sheets in the document feeder at once and has a flatbed design. If you need to scan many pages or papers, this scanner’s ability to scan up to two sides at once is fantastic. Additionally, it can scan up to 30 pages per minute.
Brother ADS-4300N Scanner
Founded by the Yasui brothers, The Brother Group started as a repair service for sewing machines in 1908. Since then, it has expanded its horizons to cater to the growing needs of customers. From home knitting setups, and electric washing machines to printers, scanners, and fax machines, The Brother Group has been at the forefront of technology and innovation. Their document scanners are made using state-of-the-art technology using automatic image optimisation and scan documents in high resolution.
Prominent Features of the Brother ADS-4300N Scanner:
- You may increase productivity by using the auto document feeder with an 80-page capacity
- Equipped with document management features for producing, editing, and converting scanned documents into a variety of formats, such as PDFs as well as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files
- Up to 40 pages per minute of double-sided scanning are available for use
- Strong software suite
- Integrates seamlessly with workflow
- Suitable for offices and businesses
Why We Picked the Brother ADS-4300N Scanner?
The Brother ADS-4300N Scanner is suitable for use in offices and businesses. Numerous document formats and sizes, including letters, business cards, plastic ID cards, receipts, and photographs, are supported by this scanner.
Plustek Optipro A320 Scanner
Founded in 1986, Plustek Inc offers a range of scanners for all your imaging needs. Plustek launched the world’s first workgroup scanner with 2 USB ports to redefine user experience. Plustek’s innovative digital scanning solutions include portable, flatbed, film, book, personal, network, and book scanners that help you stay on top of your game at home, office or on the go.
Prominent Features of the Plustek Optipro A320 Scanner:
- The user may swiftly scan, file, copy, make PDFs, and email, thanks to seven one-touch buttons that execute pre-set operations
- Bundled software that is easy to use includes easy-to-use facilities for managing documents and processing images
- The scanner also has features like quick and secure PDF conversion, image organiser with a thumbnail viewer, and reliable OCR software
- Easy to use
- Suitable for office
- Captures high-quality scans
CZUR Pro Portable Overhead Scanner
Looking for professional book scanners on a budget? The CZUR Scanner is the right fit for you. CZUR is committed to offering innovative office products, integrating software, hardware, Artificial Intelligence (AI), and cloud services solutions. Their scanners have a simplistic travel-friendly design.
Prominent Features of the CZUR Pro Portable Overhead Scanner:
- Designed for A3 documents, this scanner can scan any items less than A3 size
- This scanner from CZUR provides ultra-fast scanning in less than 3 seconds on each page
- The clean screen of the scanner makes it easy to choose each detail
- Easy to use and simple design
- Can convert scanned pages into editable files
- Also works as a document camera
iCODIS Document Scanner
iCODIS has come with a range of innovative and futuristic products like portable projectors, OCR, Book, and Document scanners. Their scanners feature a collapsible portable design and are integrated with powerful software to deliver high-resolution scans.
Prominent Features of the iCODIS Document Scanner:
- Scanning and customising photographs are really simple with the iCODIS Document Scanner
- For various document kinds, there are many scan modes, and edge recognition is quite accurate
- The scanner can be installed easily and is portable
- Easy to install
- Also works as a document camera
Visioneer 7800 Tag That Photo Scanner
Visioneer was founded in 1992. The company develops imaging solutions and has been in the scanning business for over 20 years. The four brands of scanners provided by Visioneer are RoadWarrior, Strobe, Patriot, and Xerox DocuMate.
Prominent Features of the Visioneer 7800 Tag That Photo Scanner:
- The Visioneer 7800 scanner fits neatly on a desk and is tiny enough to be stored away when not in use
- Scans any document in black and white colour with clarity and sharpness
- To guarantee that your scans are correct, TWAIN driver technology instantly sends scanned photos to your computer while using filters like auto colour recognition and colour matching
- Compact and portable
- Produces sharp images
- Good quality construction
Microware iScan Magic Wand Portable Document Scanner
Users who want a portable scanner solution and need to scan a range of documents might choose the Microware iScan Scanner. It fits comfortably in a laptop bag and has proportions comparable to those of a magazine that has been folded up. Because it is powered by a USB connector, you can scan anywhere AC power is present.
Prominent Features of the Microware iScan Magic Wand Portable Document Scanner:
- Regardless of the page, you may scan up to 3 seconds per page for 300 dpi, thanks to the superior optical scanner and the wheel beneath the scanner
- This portable and lightweight single-side scanner is ideal for professionals who are often on the go
- There is no need for an extra power source as the scanner is powered via USB
- Easy to carry
- Need not b charged
- Produces high-quality digital documents
KonicaMinolta Multi-Functional Scanner
With its 3-in-1 capability, the Konica Minolta Scanner offers the greatest performance. The operating panel has been built with a variety of useful features and is very simple to operate. To boost productivity, you can connect the scanner to your network, so you may access it from anywhere.
Prominent Features of the KonicaMinolta Multi-Functional Scanner:
- The KonicaMinolta Scanner includes a distinctive LED status display that provides you with visual feedback instantly, even when you’re far away
- The scanner is perfect for your home office because of its compact size and lightweight, which make it simple to position on desks and in small spaces
- You may scan and transmit your documents straight to email using the Scan-to-Functions feature
- Lightweight and portable
- Compact design
- Easy to operate
Canon Personal Document Scanner
The Canon Personal Document Scanner is a portable and convenient scanner. It is slender, light, and flexible. The scanner fits in a briefcase or backpack and requires a single USB cable connection for power.
Prominent Features of the Canon Personal Document Scanner:
- The Canon Document Scanner has an interface that is easy to use
- Utilising the clear screen, you can choose each detail effortlessly
- Immediately starts scanning without the need to install drivers
- Lightweight and compact
- Compatible with both Mac and Windows
- Includes features like auto-colour detection and text orientation
Based on our research, the Canon CanoScan Lide 300 Scanner, Fujitsu SP1130N Document Scanner, and Epson Perfection V39 Scanner are our top picks for the best scanners in India. While making our recommendations, we also took into consideration factors like size, speed, OS compatibility, feeder type, colour, connectivity, and duplex scanning. Let us know which one worked out the best for you!
What are the best scanners for home use?
The Fujitsu ScanSnap Versatile Cloud Enabled Scanner is the best scanner for home use. It is WI-Fi enabled and is a sheetfed document scanner. It comes with automatic de-skew rotation, colour, and page size recognition. You can scan receipts, photos, cards, and documents.
What is the fastest scanner for documents?
The Epson Workforce DS-870 sheetfed scanner is one of the fastest scanners for documents. It is designed using powerful software to create searchable PDFs and scan them to online drives like Evernote, SharePoint and Google Drive PC. It has a 100-page automatic document feeder with a duty cycle of 7000 sheets.
What should I look for when buying a scanner?
When buying a scanner, checking a few boxes makes all the difference in your purchase. You need to decide upon the kind of scanner you want, the speed you require, and the connectivity of the scanner. Additionally, you can get a scanner with features like duplex scanning.
What are 3 types of scanners?
Drum scanners, flatbed scanners, and handheld scanners are the three kinds of scanners widely available. Drum scanners are usually utilised in the publishing business to print high-quality photos. On the other hand, flatbed scanners are often found in workplaces and schools.
What is the most popular type of scanner?
The most popular kind of scanner is the flatbed scanner. As the document is placed on a flat surface for scanning, they are known as ‘flatbed’ scanners. Flatbed scanners are more adaptable than sheetfed scanners and can scan papers of different sizes.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
Highly experienced and competent researchers at CashKaro work hard to provide you with the finest market suggestions available online. To create a list of products you can trust, we evaluate various products and compare them based on a variety of factors. We really hope that this list will assist you in reaching an educated conclusion.