Perfect for all hair types and hair lengths, Shampoo bars are all-natural hair conditioning shampoos in the form of a solid bar, similar to soap bars. Shampoo bars are great for saving space in the bathroom compared to age-old bulky bottles and also tend to last for a long time. If you have never tried a shampoo bar before and are keen to do so, look no further because we bring you this curated list of the best shampoo bars in India. Using these shampoos will surely make you fall in love with your gorgeous hair all over again. These options have been specially hand-picked by our in-house beauty experts to ensure you get to choose the best shampoo bar for yourself.
Our Top Recommendations
How Do We Choose the Best Shampoo Bars for You?
Switching to a shampoo bar is one of the best decisions you can ever make. Along with fixing the shampoo spillage problem, these bars reduce plastic waste, offer healthy hair, and last much longer. These soap bars are easy to use and lather well than ordinary shampoos. Beyond this, they are affordable, ranging from Rs 150 to Rs 500.
Before you move ahead with the selection, have a look at the factors we took into consideration. These factors are a must to keep in mind for the right selection.
First and foremost, you must consider the ingredients of the shampoo bar before picking any. The most effective option is the one that is free from harmful chemicals and has the ingredients that suit your scalp type. It is always preferable to go for plant-based ingredients product that is gentle on the hair. Carefully look for the ingredients list and then make a selection.
There are different shampoo bars for different hair types. For the best results, it is crucial to pick the bar that is meant for your hair and scalp. For this, you must understand your hair and scalp type. If required, you can also get in touch with an expert for better understanding. The given list has something for everyone. Carefully make a selection.
List of 10 Best Shampoo Bars in India for All Hair Types
Soulflower Reetha Coconut Milk Shampoo Bar
This Soulflower Shampoo Bar is made of a hundred per cent natural and pure ingredients. It is free from chemicals, SLS, and artificial fragrances and colours. It contains hair-friendly ingredients like Neem, Shikakai, Henna, and Reetha. This shampoo bar helps to rejuvenate damaged hair and gently cleanses the scalp. It also helps in getting rid of dandruff.
Prominent Features of the Soulflower Reetha Coconut Milk Shampoo Bar:
- It removes excess oil and greasiness from the scalp along with impurities
- Enriched with natural ingredients, this shampoo bar helps with hair issues
- The bar induces moisture into the hair and leaves them glossy and supple
- Available in 12 different variants like aloe vera, tea tree, lavender, orange, etc.
- Has a grainy texture
- Acts as a natural body scrub
- Made from natural ingredients
- Nourishes the scalp
- Unisex shampoo bar
- Takes time to clean extremely oily hair
Why We Picked the Soulflower Reetha Coconut Milk Shampoo Bar?
A safe and secure product for your hair, this is an organic shampoo bar that has been formulated with 100% pure, natural, and vegan ingredients. Ideal for all hair types, including coloured hair, it is handmade and cold processed and also does not contain harmful chemicals such as SLS, synthetic colour or any unnatural, artificial fragrance.
Himalayan Origins Natural Shampoo Bars
From the house of Himalayan Origins, this is an all-natural shampoo bar suitable for normal to dry hair. It is enriched with the goodness of premium coconut oil that nourishes the scalp, adds shine, and helps in fighting daily damage to the hair. Also, this shampoo bar promotes a healthy scalp for beautiful, silky hair.
Prominent Features of the Himalayan Origins Natural Shampoo Bars:
- It is an eco-friendly product with biodegradable, plastic-free packaging
- Moisturises and conditions the hair deeply to make them manageable
- The bar does not strip off natural oil, moisture, or the health of the scalp
- With a pH balance of approximately 5.6, this bar is not alkaline or harsh
- Pleasant fragrance
- Recyclable product
- Silky smooth hair
- Stimulate hair growth
- Adds shine to the hair
- It is a little expensive
Why We Picked the Himalayan Origins Natural Shampoo Bars?
Available in 4 different variants, this shampoo bar by Himalayan Origins is one of the best options on the list. It is a handmade shampoo bar that adds shine to the hair and leaves you with well-cleansed hair and scalp with moisturised tresses. This shampoo bar is plastic free, sustainable, vegan, cruelty-free, and chemical-free, making it an outstanding choice on our list. Looking for the best dry shampoo? Check our guide.
Earthy Sapo Reetha Shampoo Bar
Earthy Sapo Reetha shampoo bar is a 100% organic shampoo bar that works differently from regular bottled- shampoos. Suitable for dry scalp and curly hair, this Reetha shampoo bar is formulated with the goodness of hair-strengthening & softening herbs such as reetha, coconut milk, aloe vera, bhringraj, rosemary, amla, hibiscus flower, methi, Brahmi, and neem.
Prominent Features of the Earthy Sapo Reetha Shampoo Bar:
- This shampoo bar is a chemical-free, plastic-free, and vegan formula that is safe to use
- It can easily be converted into liquid shampoo by following a simple, mess-free process
- The ayurvedic product has a mild scent of essential oils that feels pleasant and refreshing
- Helps in dealing with hair loss problems and reduces the change of friction for beautiful hair
- Handmade shampoo bar
- Organic shampoo bar
- 100% vegan product
- Contains Ayurvedic properties
- Does not remove dandruff
Why We Picked the Earthy Sapo Reetha Shampoo Bar?
Earthy Sapo’s handmade natural soaps are made the traditional way; they not only retain the hair’s moisture completely but are also free from any preservatives or synthetic ingredients. This makes Earthy Sapo’s soaps gentle, mild, safe and a superior choice for nurturing your beautiful hair. They also contain natural glycerin, which attracts moisture, thus making the hair softer.
If you have hair fall issues, then we would recommend you check out this list of top shampoos for hair fall and try them out.
Pratha Shampoo Bar
Next, we have a compact shampoo bar by Pratha, which is packed with Ayurvedic hair care herbs for enhancing your hair quality. It is a 100% natural, nourishing bar that contains shikakai, bhringaraj, neem, tulsi and amla. With hair-friendly ingredients, it offers stronger, shinier, softer hair. Also, it is sulfate-free, silicone-free, and paraben-free for safe usage.
Prominent Features of the Pratha Shampoo Bar:
- Rich in vitamin E, this shampoo bar supports a healthy scalp and adds shine to hair
- It is a nourishing bar that moisturised the scalp deeply without weighing them down
- Contains Shikakai that helps in fighting dandruff and offers stronger, thicker hair
- This shampoo bar has an irresistible smell that feels soothing and lingers on for a while
- Strengthen hair shafts
- Offers healthier growth
- Imparts silkiness to the hair
- Free from chemicals
- It is not pH balanced shampoo bar
Why We Picked the Pratha Shampoo Bar?
Pratha Shampoo Bar is a homemade shampoo bar for soft, bouncy, and silky hair. It is formulated without silicones, parabens, and sulfate and works magically in rebuilding lost hair fibre. This shampoo bar also lathers well, which helps in cleaning the scalp from layers and offers healthy growth. If you are looking for an affordable yet effective shampoo bar, this is indeed a great choice to have.
The Switch Fix Reparative Shampoo Bar
If you are not familiar with this brand, you must give it a try. It is an excellent quality shampoo bar known for deep cleaning and repairing damage. Formulated with omega fatty acid, hemp seed, and vitamin-rich moringa, this bar fixes scalp issues and protects it from pollutants and harmful UV rays.
Prominent Features of The Switch Fix Reparative Shampoo Bar:
- It is a plant-based formulation that is rich in kokum butter for moisturising the scalp
- This shampoo bar brings oxygen to the roots and helps the scalp breathe for healthy hair
- The bar improves hair elasticity and strengthens by penetrating oil into the hair shafts
- Safe, effective and sustainable bar, it is vegan and comes packed in plastic-free packaging
- 100% natural ingredients
- Keeps the hair nourished
- East to recycle packaging
- Prevents hair damage
- Expensive as compared to other options
Why We Picked The Switch Fix Reparative Shampoo Bar?
The Switch Fix Reparative Shampoo Bar is a clean and conscious formulation that is best suited for dry, dull and damaged hair. This shampoo bar takes good care of your hair health and revives dull and lifeless tresses. Also, it is easy to rinse off and does not make hair or scalp feel sticky or oily. This ensures lesser use of water and more responsibility towards nature.
Earth Rhythm Murumuru Butter Shampoo Bar
Our next pick on this list of the best shampoo bars in India is Soapworks’ shampoo bar which is enriched with the goodness of Murumuru butter. By providing all-around nourishment to the roots and scalp, this shampoo bar rejuvenates damaged hair strands and offers healthy growth. Also, it restores the hair fibres and helps repair damaged hair while restoring hair’s natural elasticity.
Prominent Features of the Earth Rhythm Murumuru Butter Shampoo Bar:
- It is loaded with natural ingredients that help cleanse the scalp and hair gently
- Made keeping in mind the environment, this bar is 100% biodegradable and plastic-free
- This bar naturally maintains the texture of your hair and makes them silky smooth
- Rich in vitamin E, it maintains hair growth and restores the lost shine and softness
- Certified Organic Shampoo Bar
- Comes in a plastic-free packaging
- Controls frizz and repairs damage
- It helps control frizz
Goli Soda Natural Probiotics Shampoo Bar
This solid shampoo bar from Goli Soda helps maintain the hair and scalp with all-natural ingredients. It is high in vitamins A, C, K, and D and also has other antioxidants that are required for healthy hair growth. Its antibacterial and antifungal properties provide nourishment to the roots to stimulate strong roots.
Prominent Features of the Goli Soda Natural Probiotics Shampoo Bar:
- Enriched with essential oils that give extra vital nourishment to the hair for a softer look
- The goodness of Brahmi makes hair thicker and nourished while relieving it from itchiness
- Promotes overall health of the hair by preventing split ends and reducing hair loss and dandruff
- It is an environmentally friendly shampoo bar that is not tested on animals and is plastic free
- Ideal for men and women
- Suitable for normal hair
- Nourishes from the roots
- Enriched with Ayurvedic properties
- Its smell fades away easily
Trycone Keratin Shampoo Bar
Another one of our favourite suggestions for shampoo bars is the Trycone Keratin shampoo and conditioner bar. This solid shampoo soap uses an innovative formula with Keratin Protein and Argan Oil to reach the dead cells on your scalp and gently cleanse them away. This shampoo bar is paraben and mineral oil-free, which gives you a clean and healthy scalp.
Prominent Features of the Trycone Keratin Shampoo Bar :
- It protects the colour of your hair and acts as a moisturiser for the scalp to fight dandruff and dry scalp
- The goodness of lemongrass removes any accumulation of pollutants or dirt from the hair follicles
- Extremely versatile in nature, this is a pocket-friendly shampoo bar and can be carried anywhere
- Contains argan oil that, is a natural hair conditioner, and makes your hair smooth, shiny and less frizzy
- Unisex shampoo bar
- Restores strength & elasticity
- Makes hair look youthful
- Offers a healthy scalp
- Availability might be an issue
Qurez 7 Herbs Organic Shampoo Bar
A pH-balanced shampoo bar from Qurez, this shampoo bar is organic and vegan. It has been crafted using seven essential herbs, such as Bhringraj, Shikakai, Brahmi, Reetha, Neem, Amla, and Basil. Bhringraj treats dandruff and dry scalp while also preventing hair fall. Shikkakai adds shine to your hair and moisturises hair follicles, and Brahmi helps nourish the roots well and accelerates hair growth by thickening the roots.
Prominent Features of the Qurez 7 Herbs Organic Shampoo Bar:
- Infused with tea tree oil which helps in reducing fungal infections and other scalp issues
- With antibacterial properties, amla helps reduce premature pigment loss or hair greying
- Made with wonderful ingredients, it hydrates and strengthens the hair strands from within
- Comes in 100% biodegradable and sustainable packaging, i.e. recyclable paper box
- Accelerates hair growth
- Calms down itchy scalp
- Paraben and Sulphate-free
- Stimulates hair follicles
- Does not work well for oily scalp
Soap Square Natural Shampoo Bar
Last on the list, we have this unique soap bar by Soap Square, which has been formulated with Argan oil and lemongrass oil, whose antioxidant properties help neutralise hair damage and free radicals. With its high content of essential fatty acids and vitamin E, this soal also increases hair’s elasticity and consistently restores shine to dull, lifeless hair.
Prominent Features of the Soap Square Natural Shampoo Bar:
- Enriched with lemongrass oil that helps strengthen hair follicles and reduces hair loss
- This shampoo bar also includes wheat protein, coconut oil, panthenol, & essential oil
- Comes in eco-friendly packaging, this soap bar does not harm the environment
- It is a paraben-free, sulphate-free formula that balances the pH level of the scalp
- Long-lasting shampoo bar
- It is pH balanced
- Suitable for healthy hair growth
- 100% vegan shampoo bar
- Not easily available
In addition to this, we would also like you to check our latest blog, where we have covered some of the top shampoos for coloured hair in India. Do have a look and let us know if you find it helpful.
Shampoo bars are the perfect solution to all the endless plastic bottles that might look attractive but harm the environment in several ways. They are made with natural and organic ingredients and moisturise the hair deeply for beautiful, shiny hair. Among all the available options, the ones from Soulflower, Earthy Sapo, and Goli Soda are our top picks for their natural formula, effectiveness, and fair pricing. Do let us know which is your favourite and going to be an addition to your hair care routine.
How often should I wash my hair with a shampoo bar?
Washing your hair with a shampoo bar every other day or with a bigger gap is recommended for healthy hair. Using it every day might strip the hair and make your hair more prone to breakage.
Is a shampoo bar better?
Yes, shampoo bars are typically better than ordinary shampoos. They are free from parabens, sulfates, phthalates, silicone, and synthetic fragrances and result in smooth, shiny hair. Also, they are good for the environment, which makes them a perfect way towards sustainability.
How long does it take for hair to adjust to the shampoo bar?
Making a switch from shampoo to the shampoo bar, your hair needs some time to adjust. In general, it takes about a week for your hair to get used to new hair formulas and shampoo bars.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
CashKaro’s team of enthusiastic experts studies and tests multiple products in order to compile a list of the best options that you can trust for the best results. These are some of the best shampoo bars in India that are eco-friendly, pocket-friendly, last longer, are natural, and are effective are listed above. We carefully accessed every product before adding them to the list. We hope you find this list helpful in making your shopping easier.