Colouring your hair can be quite exciting! But what takes up most of our concern is the damage that it causes. While the hair looks pretty and cute, coloured hair requires special care. Be it shampoos, conditioners or oils, each of these need to be picked according to the protective actions and composition. If you use a harsh shampoo, then your colour will fade away easily and earlier than you’d expect. This will make your hair look dull and lifeless. If you’ve been wondering about the same, then here are the 16 best shampoos for coloured hair in India to make you forget your hair damage issues.
Our Top Picks :
How Do We Choose the Best Shampoos for Your Coloured Hair?
Permanent hair colouring presents particular challenges. Maintaining your hair colour is just as essential as colouring it. Therefore, choosing a shampoo for your coloured hair is important. In India, a good quality shampoo for coloured hair costs anywhere between Rs 220 to Rs 1,750. Before you jump into our recommendations of the best shampoos for coloured hair available in India, we suggest you go through the factors that helped us decide on the best products for you.
The first thing you should take into consideration while choosing a shampoo for coloured hair is its type. Shampoos marketed as strengthening or fortifying are beneficial for hair that has been too treated, highlighted, and coloured. They often include more protein intended to enhance the condition of the hair.
Shine and bounce are signs of healthy hair, and elasticity is what gives hair its bounce. Your hair is probably under-moisturized if you feel like it lacks bounce.
The hair must not be burdened down by thick ointments or silicones in order for it to remain elastic and bouncy. We recommend that you use a hydrating and light component like mango seed oil and argan oil. It may aid in hair restoration, moisturisation, frizz control, and shine.
List Of The Top 16 Shampoos for Coloured Hair in India
L’Oreal Paris Shampoo
L’Oreal Paris Colour Protect Shampoo is known for its protective action on coloured hair. It offers you smoother and silkier hair instantly.
This shampoo is infused with the Colour Protect Formula with UV Filter and is quite effective in strengthening hair fibre while making it resilient to harsh environmental conditions. Offering you soft, radiant hair, this shampoo protects the hair as well as the hair colour from external damage.
Prominent Features of the L’Oreal Paris Shampoo:
- Safeguards your coloured hair against toxins and other external threats
- Nourishes and moisturises the hair and internally leaves hair lustrous, luscious, and brightly coloured
- Keeps the hair protected and extends the colour’s brilliance
- Citric acid helps in restoring the normal pH balance of the scalp
- Makes hair soft and smooth
- The presence of UV Filters makes the colour last longer
- Does not dry hair
- Protects from harmful UV rays
- Contains SLS, Parabens, and chemicals
Why We Picked the L’Oreal Paris Shampoo?
The L’Oreal Paris Shampoo nourishes the hair and changes the surface of the hair. It keeps the hair protected and extends the colour brightness. For colour-treated hair, the Colour Protect solution with UV filter combines an active nourishing component with filters.
Tresemme Color Revitalize Protection Shampoo
Tresemme Color Revitalize Protection Shampoo is rich in Green Tea, Rosemary and Sunflower extracts. This shampoo gently cleanses and moisturises hair. The shampoo makes your hair look gorgeous and fresh and replenishes them with moisture content. Claiming to protect your hair colour and make it last for up to 8 weeks, the shampoo offers soft tresses that are easy to manage.
Prominent Features of the Tresemme Color Revitalize Protection Shampoo:
- The shampoo ensures that your hair colour is brilliant and long-lasting
- Tresemme Color Revitalize Shampoo thoroughly washes your hair while maintaining the softness and manageability of each strand
- This cleaning shampoo nourishes your hair with nourishment and rich, long-lasting colour thanks to its infusion of green tea, rosemary, and sunflower
- Removes excess oil from hair and scalp
- Does not let colour fade for a long time
- Makes hair soft and smooth
- It can dry out very dry hair
- Contains SLS
Why We Picked the Tresemme Color Revitalize Protection Shampoo?
With modern colour lock technology, the Tresemme Color Revitalize shampoo may maintain your hair’s colour for up to 40 washes. The presence of green tea and sunflower extracts makes the colour look vibrant and fresh.
Moreover, if you are searching for a dry shampoo, then our this list where we have listed some of the best dry shampoos in India. Do check it out.
Dove Advanced Care Color Repair Therapy Shampoo
One of the best shampoos for coloured hair, Dove Hair Therapy Color Rescue Shampoo is infused with the micro-moisture repair serum and is quite gentle on application. This shampoo helps repair the damage caused by regular colouring and makes it more vibrant with every hair wash. While keeping the hair colour intact, the shampoo also makes hair healthy and soft.
Prominent Features of the Dove Advanced Care Color Repair Therapy Shampoo:
- Removes the surface damage from the colouring process that has been left behind and repairs them
- The Dove Advanced Care Color Repair Therapy Shampoo promotes healthier hair
- Enriched with glycerin and sunflower seed oils that help to keep the moisture locked in the hair and scalp.
- Smoothens and detangles hair
- Dimethicone helps control frizz
- Makes colour last longer
- Can dry hair; follow up with conditioner required
Why We Picked the Dove Advanced Care Color Repair Therapy Shampoo?
The Dove Advanced Care Color Repair Therapy Shampoo helps keep the colour in and the surface damage out by repairing the surface damage brought on by the colouring or highlighting procedure. The shampoo adds shine to your hair and nourishes it.
Biolage Colorlast Professional Shampoo
Biolage Colorlast Professional Shampoo is enriched with orchid extracts and UV filters. This shampoo helps in preserving and protecting hair colour. The shampoo is also known for smoothening the hair and making the colour last longer. Having a low pH content which is required to protect hair colour, this shampoo gently cleanses the hair to provide the required moisture and shine.
Prominent Features of the Biolage Colorlast Professional Shampoo:
- Every hair type and requirement is addressed by the Biolage Professional Shampoo
- Gentle, high-performing formulations are made using the most recent technology in the Biolage Shampoo
- Contains an exclusive combination of rare botanicals to improve the attractiveness of hair
- Orchid extracts make hair soft and shiny
- Makes colour last longer
- Mild on hair and scalp
- It is an anti-hair fall shampoo
- Does not contain parabens
- Can weigh down the hair over time
- Contains SLS
Why We Picked the Biolage Colorlast Professional Shampo?
The Biolage Colorlast Professional Shampoo keeps colour-treated hair vivid and glossy by safeguarding it. The shampoo is suitable for hair that has been coloured and treated.
The Body Shop Ginger Shampoo
The Body Shop Rainforest Radiance Shampoo is a purely natural product. This shampoo is free from any kind of harmful ingredients like silicones, parabens, sulfates, or colourants. This shampoo helps moisturize and protect hair colour. Infused with UV blockers that allow the colour to last longer without looking dull, this shampoo can be used along with the conditioner from the same line of products.
Prominent Features of The Body Shop Ginger Shampoo:
- With the help of this stimulating shampoo, soothe and revitalize your scalp
- Removes loose flakes and cools dry scalps while containing strong ginger
- The Body Shop Shampoo effectively cleans out any kind of dust and dirt from the hair, making them feel smoother and silkier
- Loaded with natural ingredients
- No silicones, sulphates, parabens or colourants
- Thoroughly cleanses hair and scalp
- Does not cause hair fall
- Strong fragrance
Why We Picked The Body Shop Shampoo?
Wherever you go, The Body Shop Ginger Shampoo is the ideal size for a fragrant head of hair and a fresh scalp. The shampoo is 100% vegetarian. It is enhanced with Sri Lankan ginger and Ethiopian Community Trade honey to nourish your hair and keep it clean.
Wella Professionals Invigo Color Brilliance Shampoo
Wella Professionals Brilliance Shampoo is a high-performance professional product and is mostly found in exclusive outlets. The main ingredient of the shampoo is ‘diamond dust’, which makes hair colour look radiant and last longer. Ideal for those who have oily scalp and fine or normal hair, this shampoo helps keep the moisture content of the hair intact and provides volume.
Prominent Features of the Wella Professionals Invigo Color Brilliance Shampoo:
- The Wella Professionals Shampoo has a striking perfume with a woodsy, gentle, and nurturing undertone and a citrus mix of delicious refreshment
- Endowed with a triple-blend technology, this shampoo works lightly and has a huge effect on hair and skin health
- The shampoo holds in the moisture of the hair and nourishes it
- Moisturises hair to make it soft and smooth
- Smoothens dry ends
- Colour lasts longer
- Pleasant fragrance
- The diamond dust makes the hair shiny
- It can make hair dry
- Follow-up with conditioner is a must
Biotique Bio Soya Protein Fresh Nourishing Shampoo
Biotique Bio Soya Protein Fresh Nourishing Shampoo is enriched with soya bean, turmeric, and Burberry extracts that cleanse and hydrate hair. The presence of Soya protein helps make the hair stronger so it can grow longer naturally.
This shampoo also helps to prevent the hair colour from fading away. This shampoo also promotes healthy shine and protects the hair from external damage and dryness.
Prominent Features of the Biotique Bio Soya Protein Fresh Nourishing Shampoo:
- The Biotique luxurious shampoo cleans hair without upsetting its natural pH balance
- Contains a mix of soya bean protein, berberry, and wild turmeric extracts
- Biotique Bio Soya Protein Fresh Nourishing Shampoo stops colour fading and safeguards a perm, encouraging healthy radiance
- The shampoo offers complete nourishment to the scalp.
- Prevents hair damage
- Makes colour last longer
- Gentle on the scalp and hair
- Adds moisture and shine to hair
- No SLS
- It can make dry hair drier
WOW Skin Science Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo
WOW Skin Science Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo can be used for colour-treated hair. The shampoo softens rough hair and offers a silky mane.
By removing the buildup brought on by dust, pollution, dead skin cells, and styling chemicals, this product gently detoxifies the hair and scalp. It is powered by 100% pure, unfiltered, unpasteurised, and unrefined apple cider vinegar, sweet almond oil, and argan oil.
Prominent Features of the WOW Skin Science Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo:
- Apple cider vinegar’s antibacterial and antifungal characteristics may assist by gently dislodging the crusts that build up around follicles
- Removes buildups caused by dust, dirt, dead skin cell
- Rich in vital lipids and vitamin E, it strengthens the shine of the hair and scalp
- By balancing the pH of the hair and scalp, apple cider vinegar promotes greater blood flow to the hair follicles
- Hair feels soft and fresh
- Prevents damage
- No SLS, mineral oils or parabens
- Makes hair dry
- Does not lather well
If you wish to buy WOW Skin Care products at the best prices, then visit CashKaro to find the best WOW offers and deals.
Schwarzkopf Professional BonaCure Color Freeze Shampoo
Schwarzkopf BonaCure Color Freeze Shampoo Color Shine Shampoo is infused with Amino Cell Rebuild Technology that restores the health of colour-treated hair from within. The colour freeze formula helps seal the hair colour for a longer duration of time. The shampoo protects over-processed hair and makes your locks look vibrant. Effective in balancing the scalp pH level, this shampoo recovers the natural elasticity of your hair and keeps them healthy.
Prominent Features of the Schwarzkopf Professional BonaCure Color Freeze Shampoo:
- Creamy shampoo smoothens the texture of colour-treated hair and reduces frizz
- Helps to bring hair’s pH to its ideal level and gets coloured hair even closer to having no colour fading
- Special UV filters are included in the formulation to protect hair from environmental damage
- Hair is readily detangled, and colour-treated hair is kept lustrous
- Cleanses scalp and hair thoroughly
- Locks in moisture to repair and prevent damage
- Lathers up easily
- Makes colour last longer
- Does not thoroughly remove oil from hair
Finesse Moisturizing Shampoo
Finesse Active Proteins Color Revitalizing Shampoo contains active proteins that revitalise and strengthen the hair. Effective in locking the colour for it to last longer, this shampoo gives you softer, smoother hair that feels more alive and vibrant. Formulated with ingredients like Silk Powder extracts, this shampoo provides sheen to the hair along with protecting its colour.
Prominent Features of the Finesse Moisturizing Shampoo:
- Silk and soy proteins are included in Finesse’s distinctive self-adjusting formula
- Coats the hair shaft in conditioning and shine to preserve it
- Regardless of how your hair looks, the outcome is always gorgeous hair with Finesse Moisturising Shampoo
- Hair feels light and bouncy
- Hair is cleansed
- Does not weigh down hair
- Dimethicone makes the colour last weeks longer
- Contains chemicals, parabens, and SLS
- Not easily available in India
Garnier Fructis Color Shield Shampoo
Garnier Fructis’ Colour Shield Shampoo is enriched with Vitamins B3 and B6. A fruit-and-plant-based shampoo, it is made using the goodness of citrus protein that helps strengthen the hair from the root, which results in strong and healthy hair. The shampoo is Paraben-free and contains Acai Berry Antioxidant and UV Filters that work towards restoring damaged hair.
Prominent Features of the Garnier Fructis Color Shield Shampoo:
- The strengthening shampoo from Garnier Fructis Color Shield Shampoo nourishes your hair
- For colour-treated hair, the shampoo contains acai berry and grape seed oil with UVA and UVB protection
- The shampoo keeps the hair colour intact for a long time
- It prevents washing out of the hair colour
- It makes hair feel younger
- The hair colour lasts for a long time
- Contains sulphate
Streax Professional Argan Secrets Colour Protect Shampoo
Streax Professional Argan Secrets Colour Protect Shampoo is made using a unique colour reinforcer technology that cleanses, nourishes, and helps protect coloured hair. The shampoo also works towards preserving the vibrancy of your hair colour for a longer duration of time.
It is enriched with nourishing argan oil and UV filters that shield your hair from the harmful rays of the sun. This shampoo is free of parabens and other such preservatives.
Prominent Features of the Streax Professional Argan Secrets Colour Protect Shampoo:
- Streax Professional Argan Secrets Colour Protect Shampoo cleans, nourishes, and aids in preserving the brilliance of hair colour for a longer period of time
- The nourishing shampoo maintains the softness, lustre, brightness, and radiance of coloured hair
- Streax Professional combines advanced foreign technology with a thorough grasp of the changing demands of Indian women
- It makes hair soft and lustrous
- Has a good fragrance
- Enriched with almond oil
- It makes coloured hair shine
- Might cause itchiness on a dry scalp
Revlon Outrageous Color Protection Shampoo
This Revlon Outrageous Color Protection Shampoo contains MPG to revitalise overworked hair. While gently washing, it replenishes moisture, offers protection, and aids in mending delicate split ends. The shampoo maintains the vibrant radiance of colour-treated hair. It smells fresh and leaves hair feeling smooth, lustrous, and healthy-looking.
Prominent Features of the Revlon Outrageous Color Protection Shampoo:
- Hydrates, shields, and assists in mending delicate split ends
- Maintains the vibrant radiance of colour-treated hair
- Leaves hair smelling fresh and appearing silky, lustrous, and healthy
- Prevents colour fading
- Gently cleanses coloured and chemically treated hair
- Gives the hair more volume, tenderness, and lustre
- May make hair dry
- Consistency is a bit liquidy
Moroccanoil Moisture Repair Shampoo
This Moroccanoil Moisture Repair Shampoo is one of the finest for dry and fine hair. It moisturises hair and aids in regaining hair elasticity. The shampoo cleans the scalp and treats the hair that is damaged.
This treatment will be appropriate if you’re planning a keratin smoothening procedure since it will make your hair smooth and add shine. The Moroccanoil Moisture Repair Shampoo is among the finest for colour-treated hair since it leaves the hair feeling smooth and silky.
Prominent Features of the Moroccanoil Moisture Repair Shampoo:
- Reconstructive keratin and antioxidant-rich argan oil are used to help regain elasticity, moisture, and shine
- This delicate product, which is enriched with keratin protein and argan oil, works to strengthen damaged strands
- Furthermore, it is free from paraben, phosphate, and sulfate
- Aids in repairing split ends replenishes moisture and boosts suppleness
- Provide a healthier appearance and feel
- Maintains healthy moisture balance
- Gives hair more volume
- Higher priced compared to other brands
Bare Anatomy Color Protect Hair Shampoo
The Bare Anatomy Color Protect Hair Shampoo is rich in minerals, antioxidants, and vitamins E and B1. The shampoo prevents breakage and maintains a healthy balance of the scalp’s natural oil production. The ProPigment Technology-powered Colour Protect shampoo offers 65% colour protection and extends the colour’s life by up to 15 washes.
Prominent Features of the Bare Anatomy Color Protect Hair Shampoo:
- Keratin, the structural component of hair, and the amino acid complex provide the hair cells the sulphur they need to grow
- The shampoo assists in the formation of collagen and have antibacterial characteristics
- The shampoo enhances hair structure and protects against damaged hair
- Reduces breakage of hair
- Maintains oil production
- Free from sulphates and parabens
Organic Harvest Quinoa Shampoo
Because it contains full proteins and amino acids, the Organic Harvest Quinoa Shampoo aids in general colour retention, conditioning, and hair protection. With regular use, your hair will ultimately become healthier and shinier.
This shampoo provides your scalp with essential nutrients and feeds your hair with protein to make it strong and silky. It also contains organic coconut, aloe vera, sugar beet, and other components.
Prominent Features of the Organic Harvest Quinoa Shampoo:
- Quinoa provides the ideal protein and moisture balance to strengthen the hair from the roots and reduce frizz
- Quinoa contains amino acids that help to heal damaged hair strands and efficiently smooth the hair cuticle
- Additionally, it promotes shine in hair to make it seem healthier and helps hair colour absorb better
- Devoid of parabens and substances from animals
- 100% organic
- Promotes shine in hair
In addition to this, we would also like you to check our latest blog, where we have listed some of the top shampoo bars for hair in India. Do have a look and let us know about your top pick.
Spending huge on pampering your hair and then failing to maintain them makes no sense! Invest in one of these and let your hair colour shine and last longer. Based on our research, the L’Oreal Paris Colour Protect Shampoo, Tresemme Color Revitalize Protection Shampoo, and Dove Hair Therapy Color Rescue Shampoo are our top picks for the best shampoos in India for coloured hair. While making our recommendations, we also took into consideration factors like hair type and ingredients. Let us know which one worked out best for you.
Is there a shampoo that colours your hair?
Yes, the Schwarzkopf Professional range of hair colours offers shampoo palettes that can colour your hair easily. Choose from numerous hair colour ranges like Igora Vibrance, Igora Royal, Essensity, Colormelt, Igora Vario Blond and many more exclusive ranges by this professional hair expert brand.
Do I need to shampoo my hair after colouring?
No, it is not recommended to shampoo your hair right after colouring them as the colour may wash away as it needs time to properly settle on the hair. You can wash it up after one to two days, as required.
What shampoo is good for bleached hair?
TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Color Shampoo is one of the best shampoos available in the market for bleached hair. The low sulphate content of this shampoo helps the active ingredients like Keratin and Argan Oil to keep the hair frizz-free and soft. Follow it up with a conditioner from the same range to see notable results.
How do you wash your hair after colouring it?
You can use some of the above-listed colours protect shampoos like L’Oreal Paris Colour Protect Shampoo, The Body Shop Rainforest Radiance Shampoo For Colored Hair, Wella Professionals Brilliance Shampoo For Colored Hair or Schwarzkopf BonaCure Color Freeze Shampoo to wash your hair normally after getting them coloured.
How long should you wait to wash your hair after colouring?
You should ideally wait for 1 – 2 days before washing your hair after getting them coloured. But if you are colouring your hair yourself at home, then you can wash it as mentioned on the instruction leaflet of the product. The time is usually around 25 – 45 minutes depending upon the colour you are using.
Which is the best shampoo for coloured hair?
The best shampoo for coloured hair is The Body Shop Rainforest Radiance Shampoo, as it is made from all-natural ingredients and does not contain any harmful ingredients like sulphates or parabens.
What shampoo is bad for coloured hair?
Shampoos which contain sulphates in excess quantity are harmful and bad for hair colour. These sulphates penetrate deep into the layers of the scalp and destroy the hair follicle. This results in hair loss.
Is Pantene safe for colour-treated hair?
Yes, Pantene shampoos are safe to use on colour-treated hair. Pantene Shampoos contain Pro-V nourishment formula that protects the colour of the hair and provides them with a radiant shine and soft texture.
Is it better to wash your hair before colouring?
There are many colouring products that require dry hair before application. So, if you wish to cleanse your scalp before getting your hair coloured, then wash your hair a day prior and ensure they are completely dry.
How do you wash your hair after colouring it?
You can use some of the above-listed colour-protecting shampoos like L’Oreal Paris Colour Protect Shampoo, The Body Shop Rainforest Radiance Shampoo For Colored Hair, Wella Professionals Brilliance Shampoo For Colored Hair or Schwarzkopf BonaCure Color Freeze Shampoo to wash your hair normally after getting them coloured.
Do you need a special shampoo for coloured hair?
Yes, coloured hair requires a carefully selected product. Ideally, shampoos that are free from Sulfates or have the lowest possible sulfate and paraben quantities are recommended to be used over coloured hair.
Is it okay to shampoo hair after colouring?
Shampooing your hair right after you get your hair coloured is not recommended as it may lead to the colour not being set on your hair. You can wash them normally after 1 – 2 days.
How long should you wait to wash your hair after colouring?
You should ideally wait for 1 – 2 days before washing your hair after getting them coloured. But if you are colouring your hair yourself at home, then you can wash it as soon as the time period mentioned in the instruction leaflet gets completed. This time is usually around 25 – 45 minutes depending upon the colour you are using.
Can you use normal shampoo on colour-treated hair?
No, coloured hair requires special sulfate-free shampoos. If you use normal shampoo on your coloured hair, it might lead to your hair getting dried up.
Can I mix my hair dye with shampoo?
No, you should not dilute or mix your hair dye with shampoo, as the runny and slippery consistency of the shampoo may not let the dye stick to your hair.
How often should you wash dyed hair?
You can wash your hair as and when you feel like it after getting them coloured. In order to protect the colour and let it stay for a longer time, wash your hair with the above-mentioned shampoos like Tresemme Color Revitalize Protection Shampoo, Matrix Biolage Color Care Therapie, Biotique Bio Soya Protein Fresh Nourishing Shampoo, Finesse Active Proteins Color Revitalizing Shampoo.
Do shampoos for coloured hair truly make a difference, or is any shampoo fine to use?
Colour will fade over time, but with the use of the right shampoo for coloured hair, you can retain your colour for a long duration as they contain elements that help in protecting the hair colour. So, shampoos for coloured hair help in retaining colour for a longer duration as compared to normal ones.
Are Khadi Natural Shampoos good for coloured hair?
Khadi Shampoos are natural shampoos and contain the healthiest hair ingredients, including neem, amla, shikakai, and aloe vera, among others. Khadi Shampoos are free of chemicals, sulphates, and parabens and are 100% organic. So, Khadi Shampoos cause less damage and can be used on coloured hair.
Is Dove shampoo good for colour-treated hair?
Dove Colored Care Shampoo is specially made with low sulphates for colour-treated hair. This shampoo prevents colour loss and helps in retaining the colour for a longer duration.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
Highly experienced and competent researchers at CashKaro work hard to provide you with the finest market suggestions available online. To create a list of products you can trust, we evaluate various products and compare them based on a variety of factors. We considered hair type, ingredients, and other aspects while making our recommendations for the best shampoos for coloured hair in India. We really hope that this list will assist you in reaching an educated conclusion.