Toothpaste is an important tool that helps in maintaining our overall oral health. Brushing our teeth is an important part of our daily morning routine, and so it is mandatory to choose the best toothpaste that can help maintain our health and hygiene. A good toothpaste protects our teeth from cavities and bacteria. By following the best techniques and visiting the dentist regularly, one can take care of their oral health. But first, here are some of the best toothpaste brands in India that you can check out. Start using any of these toothpastes to improve your oral health. Also, here you can check best mouth fresheners in India.
|Our Top Picks||Check Prices on Amazon|
How Do We Choose the Best Toothpaste?
Toothpaste is essential and regular part of everyone’s health routine. Therefore, it matters a lot which toothpaste shall be kept in your bathroom to gain the maximum out of it. Many people believe toothpaste should have a good flavour. Some believe that it should have a strong and long-lasting mouth fragrance. Therefore, to narrow down the options, we mention some important factors that need to be considered when choosing your next toothpaste.
A toothpaste with good fluoride content is essential as it helps strengthen and develop your teeth. So, checking for the fluoride content helps you know how beneficial the toothpaste can be.
Check the label
Before buying any toothpaste, please check the labels carefully because not all kinds of toothpaste are suitable for all kinds of teeth – some may have sensitive, broken, or baby teeth that require special care.
Specific dental problems
Choosing the toothpaste based on someone’s specific need or dental problems would help the user with maximum benefits.
List of the Top 13 Toothpaste Brands in India
On this page:
Colgate is a Manhattan, New York-based American multinational consumer goods corporation. It is one of the top manufacturers, distributors, and marketers of home, personal care, health care, and veterinary products. Crores of people throughout the world trust Colgate products. Colgate offers a variety of toothpaste including cavity protection, ved shakti, charcoal clean, max fresh, etc.
Best-Selling Colgate Products:
- Colgate toothpaste
- Colgate toothbrush
- Colgate toothpowder
- Colgate vedshakti oil
Prominent features of Colgate Toothpaste
- Excellent protection against bacteria and cavities
- Removes stains and tar and helps with other tooth-related problems
- Colgate is known for providing long-lasting freshness and preventing bad odour
- The brand also promises 12-hour protection from cavities and bacteria
- It protects the gums
- Provides improvement in tooth health
- The product is not sugar-free, so it is not a good option for diabetics
Why we picked Colgate toothpaste?
The unique ingredients in the toothpaste are known for providing long-term benefits to the teeth, and the 12-hour protection is something we can rely upon. People have loved Colgate toothpaste for generations, and that has made Colgate the no.1 brand in this industry.
Pepsodent is a major oral care brand with a diverse product portfolio, owing to Hindustan Unilever’s long history of R&D in this industry. Pepsodent was first introduced in India in 1993, and the brand has since set the standard for oral care products in the country.
Pepsodent offers a variety of toothpaste to meet a variety of oral care requirements. Pepsodent toothpaste fights bacteria and protects teeth from cavities while also providing fresh breath, strong teeth, and healthy gums.
Best-Selling Pepsodent Products:
- Pepsodent toothpaste
- Pepsodent toothbrush
Prominent features of Pepsodent Toothpaste
- Protects our teeth from cavities and bad bacteria that damage our teeth
- The product helps provide fresh breath, strong teeth, and healthy gums
- The toothpaste has an 18-hour anti-plaque effect and removes germs
- Cavity protection and strengthens gums
- Known for the last 30 years for fighting all the issues relating to gums and cavities
- Almost everyone likes the minty flavour in the toothpaste
- Increased demand for herbal products in India has reduced the demand for Pepsodent as it lacks herbal qualities
Why we picked Pepsodent?
Pepsodent has been popular among Indian users for a very long time, and until now, no damage has been reported when using this toothpaste. It has become everyone’s favourite, and is known for solving gum problems and protecting teeth from further damage.
Sensodyne is a toothpaste brand suggested by dentists for sensitive teeth. It has been creating innovative formulas to overcome gum diseases while still giving the benefits of cavity protection, enamel protection, whitening, and fresh breath. Sensodyne toothpaste operates by either calming the nerves within the teeth or creating a barrier around sensitive portions of the teeth.
Best Selling Sensodyne Products:
- Sensodyne toothpaste
- Sensodyne sensitive toothbrush
Prominent features of Sensodyne Toothpaste
- Sensodyne is known for its sensitivity controlling formula specially curated to help people with sensitive teeth
- The toothpaste operates by calming the nerves within the teeth or creating a barrier around the teeth
- The toothpaste contains fluoride for the protection of teeth
- The product is known to lift the stains and reduce the sensitivity of the teeth
- Helps fight bad odour and control bad breath
- The toothpaste has a high RDA compared to other brands, which is not a healthy ingredient
Why we picked Sensodyne?
Sensodyne was launched in the market to solve the issues of sensitivity. Dentists recommend the brand to solve all the sensitivity issues of the teeth and provide relief from pain and inflammation of the gums. Anyone suffering from sensitivity issues can use this toothpaste.
Himalaya Drug Company is a Bengaluru, Karnataka-based Indian multinational pharmaceutical company founded in 1930 by Mohammed Manal. Himalaya is known for its comprehensive line of herbal products. It is a multinational herbal personal care and health products corporation with over 500 items produced in over 100 countries. It manufactures personal care products under the Himalaya brand, which includes ayurvedic components. The Himalaya toothpaste consists of herbal ingredients which are liked in the Indian market.
Best Selling Himalaya Products:
- Himalaya purifying neem face wash
- Himalaya toothpaste
- Himalaya baby powder
- Himalaya hair fall shampoo
Prominent features of the Himalaya Toothpaste
- The brand is known for its ayurvedic and therapeutic purposes as per today’s demand
- The brand sells many different products apart from toothpaste, such as face wash, baby powder, and shampoo
- It has antioxidants that help to protect teeth from damage
- The product is completely herbal, and no harmful ingredients are added
- It helps remove bad odour from the mouth and prevents teeth decay
- People have not seen any improvement in teeth whitening
Why we picked Himalaya toothpaste?
Himalaya is a well-known ayurvedic brand known for producing herbal products. Himalaya launched herbal toothpaste for people who prefer herbal ingredients more than chemically formulated toothpastes. The toothpaste is affordable, and one can easily buy it at any store.
Mamaearth is a Gurugram, Haryana-based Indian Wellness, Fitness, and Healthcare products firm. The company reached a revenue of Rs 100 crore in just 4 years making it one of India’s fastest-growing retail brands. Mamaearth was also named ‘One of India’s Best Brands’ at the second edition of The ET Brand Festival. Mamaearth offers safe, toxin-free, global standard products that can be purchased without hesitation.
Best Selling Mamaearth Products:
- Mamaearth face wash
- Mamaearth shampoo
- Mamaearth onion shampoo
- Mamaearth serum
- Mamaearth scrub
Prominent features of Mamaearth Toothpaste
- The brand is 100% non-toxic and is made safe for all age groups
- Special category for kids keeping in mind all the allergies that a child can have through chemicals
- The brand’s products are completely natural and safe to use
- The toothpaste is 100% vegan and toxin-free and is known to protect our teeth from cavities
- The toothpaste is SLS and Fluoride-free, which protects the teeth from damage
- It comes in a strawberry flavour that is natural and not artificial
- The toothpaste is heavy on the pockets and tends to be expensive
- According to the users, the toothpaste has a pungent taste and a spicy flavour
Why we picked Mamaearth toothpaste?
Mamaearth has received huge appreciation from users in India for its unique formulation of herbs. The toothpaste is SLS-free and guarantees 100% toxin-free products. The toothpaste comes in a berry flavour that can enhance the taste early morning and is used by kids. Baby toothpaste is the best-rated toothpaste for babies.
Dabur is a Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh based Indian consumer products firm founded by SK Burman in 1884. It is one of India’s leading consumer products companies, producing natural consumer items and Ayurvedic medicines. With a range of over 250 natural and herbal medicines, Dabur India is also a global leader in Ayurveda. Dabur is one of India’s largest FMCG companies, with a market cap of in the lakhs of crores. Dabur offers one of the best herbal toothpastes.
Best Selling Dabur Products:
- Dabur toothpaste
- Dabur dant manjan
- Dabur Honey
- Dabur Chyawanprash
- Dabur Almond oil
Prominent features of Dabur Toothpaste
- The toothpaste of Dabur is formulated with natural herbs and ingredients, and clove is used as a major ingredient
- The product helps reduce and control gingivitis
- The natural herbs help control and treat all tooth problems and give long-lasting results
- The older generation likes Dabur toothpaste, and they have been using it in its powder form for a very long time
- The toothpaste is suitable for all age groups and is beneficial for users
- The toothpaste has a strong flavour that is not liked by many
Parodontax is a clinically proven toothpaste offered by the pharmaceutical industry giant GSK (GlaxoSmithKline). Parodontax is a fluoride toothpaste that can be used daily to maintain healthy gums. The toothpaste has been clinically demonstrated to be 4X more effective than normal toothpaste at eliminating plaque, the leading cause of gum disease. It is particularly prepared with 67 per cent specialised mineral salts to effectively eliminate plaque germs build-up on your teeth and around the gum line. It is intended for daily use and, in addition to caring for gums, freshening breath, and strengthening teeth, it provides all of the advantages of ordinary toothpaste.
Best Selling Parodontax Products:
- Parodontax toothpaste
- Parodontax toothbrush
Prominent features of Parodontax Toothpaste
- The toothpaste is unique, just like the name, and helps reduce bleeding gums
- The product works better to reduce red and inflamed gums that cause pain and bleeding
- The product is 4X more effective in removing bacteria and plaque
- Complementary toothbrush for deep cleaning the teeth and gums and maintaining healthy oral health
- Provides gum care, breath freshening, and teeth strengthening benefits
- It is not a tooth whitening toothpaste, and one cannot expect this advantage
- The toothpaste is not suitable for sensitive teeth
Sensora is a medicated toothpaste brand that contains chemicals recommended by dentists to reduce dental sensitivity caused by cold, heat, sweets, acids, and other factors. Sensora creates defences against sensitivity and cavities. It contains approved herbs that will refresh the entire mouth. Sensora toothpaste provides immediate pain relief while also whitening the teeth. It contains 5% potassium nitrate, which reduces tooth sensitivity by reaching the tooth tubules and the dental pulp nerves.
Best Selling Sensora Products:
- Sensora herbal toothpaste
Prominent features of Sensora Toothpaste
- The product is made in India and is prescribed by the dentists for best oral hygiene
- The toothpaste is made in small batches to ensure every tube is sold according to the demand
- The product’s cost is affordable and uses a revolutionary method to form the product
- The toothpaste has potassium nitrate that helps control teeth sensitivity
- The dentists also recommend the brand as it is known for controlling bad odours and dental damages
- Toothpaste has many chemicals, and it can damage the teeth to a greater extent over time
- The toothpaste is ineffective in the first few uses and takes time to work
Biotique is a top Ayurvedic skincare brand in India. Its products are created entirely of preservative-free components, that are naturally pure and grown in the Himalayan foothills. The brand combines Ayurveda and medical science to bring you some of the best products that are dermatologically tested and cruelty-free.
Best Selling Biotique Products:
- Biotique face wash
- Biotique shampoo
- Biotique body wash
- Biotique soap
- Biotique body lotion
Prominent features of Biotique Toothpaste
- The toothpaste helps eliminate oral bacteria and provides a long-lasting fresh breath
- This toothpaste can brighten your teeth and remove all the tars and stains
- Completely natural product
- The brand is well-known for other items such as face wash, shampoo, body wash, soaps, and body lotion
- The toothpaste is naturally formed and does not cause any harm to gums, and gives protection
- As the product is herbal, it takes time to show the benefits of toothpaste
- The toothpaste does not provide teeth whitening
Vicco is the subsidiary brand under Vicco Group of Companies, founded by the late Shri KV Pendharkar in 1952. Vicco Labs is the maker of Indian Ayurvedic herbal healthcare, hygiene, and other products such as herbal toothpaste, natural sandalwood, and turmeric oil-based skin cream, herbal tooth powders, Vicco Narayani, an organic ayurvedic pain-relieving cream, and herbal shaving creams. Vicco promises chemical-free vegan and Ayurvedic products.
Best Selling Vicco Products:
- Vicco turmeric cream
- Vicco toothpaste
- Vicco face wash
Prominent features of Vicco Toothpaste
- The toothpaste is a perfect combination of 18 ayurvedic herbs and can provide complete dental care
- The regular use of this toothpaste helps whiten the teeth and protects the gums from any disorders
- The toothpaste also removes the plaque and stops its formation
- The toothpaste is an ayurvedic formulation and is devoid of any chemicals
- The toothpaste is known for curing pyorrhea and inflammation of gums
- It is also beneficial in the hardening of teeth and gums
- There are not many cons reported of this toothpaste, except that it takes longer to heal the gum-related issues
Closeup is an American toothpaste brand launched in 1967 by Unilever as the first gel toothpaste. With fresh-breath technology, it gives you the confidence to get closer. It also provides a lasting effect similar to that of mouthwash, to keep your breath fresh all day. Gel toothpastes maximise fluoride, which means that it allows fluoride to work more than traditional toothpastes.
Best Selling Closeup Products:
- Closeup mouthwash
- Closeup White Attraction toothpaste
- Vicco toothpaste
- Vicco face wash
Prominent features of Closeup Toothpaste
- It is an anti-germ toothpaste
- Contains natural extracts of tea tree and eucalyptus
- Anti-bacterial mouthwash formula with active zinc
- Removes plaque and bad breath
- Kills 99% of germs
- Purifying gel cleans the deepest corners of the mouth
- Offers up to 12 hours of freshness and protection
- Whitens and protects teeth
- Flavour might be too strong for some
Launched by Balsara Hygiene in 1998, Meswak is now owned by Dabur and is one of the most popular toothpaste brands in India. The brand’s toothpaste is made from the extracts of the Salvadora persica plant’s teeth cleaning twig. A small amount of this herb is helpful in protecting your gums and teeth, thus its infusion in this toothpaste makes it a top choice for people.
Prominent features of Meswak Toothpaste
- Fluoride and paraben-free
- Contains essential oils, resins, tannins, and Vitamin C
- Potent and scientifically proven formula
- Signature flavour and mouthfeel
- Anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties
- Safe for everyone, provides complete oral care
- Protects against germs and bacteria
- Prevents inflammation and cavities
- Fights tartar, gingivitis, plaque, and decay
- Prevents malodour
- Improves gum grip
- Everyone might not like the herby flavour
Patanjali Ayurved is an Indian multinational conglomerate based in Haridwar, Uttarakhand. It produces cosmetics, personal care, ayurvedic products, food products, herbal home care, and more. The brand’s toothpaste improves the health of teeth and gums to give you lasting freshness and whiter teeth.
Best Selling Patanjali Products:
- Patanjali ghee and foods
- Patanjali herbal juices and immunity boosters
- Patanjali aloe vera gel
- Patanjali face wash
Prominent Features of Patanjali Toothpaste
- Contains Ayurvedic herbs and essential oils
- Ingredients like laung oil, babool, haldi, bakul, pudina and other extracts offer overall protection and care
- The regular use of this toothpaste prevents gum bleeding
- Offers freshness and prevents bad breath
- Prevents inflammation and cavities
- Protects against infections
- Maintains strength of gums and teeth
- Tightens gums
- Cleans teeth leaving them whiter
- Might be too herbal and strong for some
Toothpaste is known for its cleaning and herbal components, and due to this, it has become one of the regular needs of customers. There is ample of variety toothpaste based on various usages available. You can check out our list to see what suits you best or explore the huge variety online and pick a suitable toothpaste.
Which toothpaste brand is best?
There are various brands available in the Indian market offering good-quality toothpaste. Colgate toothpaste is known to be one of the best.
Which is the best toothpaste in India?
Some of the best toothpaste in India are – Colgate Anticavity Toothpaste, Colgate MaxFresh, Dabur Red Toothpaste, Pepsodent Expert Protection, and Himalaya Sparkling White Toothpaste.
What is the number 1 toothpaste brand?
Colgate is the number 1 toothpaste brand in India when it comes to sales volume numbers in 2022.
Which is the best natural toothpaste in India?
Mamaearth offers one of the best natural toothpastes in India. There are other toothpastes from Meswak, Vicco, Ayush, and Patanjali that you can choose from too.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
CashKaro has a team of talented researchers who look for and research the best products on the basis of quality, benefits, etc. For toothpastes too, we consider the pricing, popularity, flavour, and ingredients to formulate this list. We also take unbiased customer reviews into account to make your search easier.