Tea is one of the common beverages in India. It is consumed as part of a tradition, in the form of a remedy, or just to get relaxed. There are different varieties of tea available in India, depending on how the plants are grown, dried, and processed.
One such popular variety of tea is Green Tea. Since long, there have been many doubts and queries regarding green tea and its consumption. Through our research, we’ve tried to answer the most commonly asked questions.
1. What Is Green Tea & How Is It Processed?
- Green tea is made from the tea leaves that are harvested from ‘Camellia Sinensis’ plant
- These leaves are heated and dried quickly to avoid excess oxidation from happening, thus, retaining their freshness.
Check Out: Green Tea Nutritional Information
2. Is It A Healthy Beverage?
- Yes, it is a healthy beverage as it contains antioxidants and nutrients that have beneficial effects on the body.
- Its anti-microbial property helps in curing cold, flu, bad breath, indigestion, besides improved brain functioning, fat loss, reduced risk of cancer etc.
3. Is It Advisable To Consume Green Tea With Milk?
- Ideally, Green tea is meant to be taken separately as it increases your metabolism and burns extra calories.
- If taken with milk, its positive effects get subdued because of the protein called ‘Casein’ present in milk, which reduces the number of antioxidants available to your body.
4. Is Green Tea Good For Diabetes Patients?
- Yes, it is one of the best natural remedies to cure diabetes.
- It proves advantageous as it increases insulin sensitivity and decreases blood sugar levels in your body.
5. Can Sugar Be Added To Green Tea?
- No, sugar should not be added to green tea as it reduces the latter’s health benefits. Instead of sugar one can add maple syrup or honey to it.
- Green tea adds up glucose to your muscles and prevents sugar from being stored as fat.
6. Is The Brand Of Green Tea Important?
- Nowadays, different brands of green tea are available in the market like Twining’s, Lipton etc. These have different quality ingredients including tea leaves etc.
- To obtain maximum benefits of green tea, one must go for brands that come with no artificial preservatives, and contain organic, good quality ingredients.
7. How Can The Benefits Of Green Tea Be Maximized?
- One key benefit of green tea is that it aids weight loss.
- This benefit can only be realized in its entirety when green tea is sipped hot. Pour hot (not boiled) water over the tea and let it steep for about 2-3 minutes.Sip it hot.
You Might Also Like: Is Green Tea Beneficial For Weight Loss?
8. What Is The Time Period Within Which Green Tea Should Be Consumed?
- It should ideally be consumed within 6 months of its purchase.
- The faster you consume it, the better you can make use of its antioxidant powers.
9. Does Flavored Green Tea Serve The Same Purpose?
- Flavored green tea is not that effective for weight loss, as compared to the non-additive one.
- In case you are unable to drink green tea as it is, you can add lemon juice or cinnamon to it.
10. How Much Green Tea Should Be Consumed Per Day?
- You can drink 3-4 cups of green tea per day.
- Excessive drinking may not help.
11. What Is The Best Time For Consuming Green Tea?
- The best time for consuming green tea is early in the morning.
- You can even drink it before your meals.
12. Does Green Tea Promote Hair Growth?
- Yes! Green tea helps in maintaining the health of your hair as it contains Vitamin B and antioxidants like epigallocatechin gallate or EGCG.
- It helps prevent split ends, hair fall, promote hair growth etc. when applied on scalp or consumed otherwise.
Learn About: Benefits of Green Tea For Hair
13. Where To Buy Green Tea?
- Nowadays, buying green tea online is the best as numerous options are available.
- You can grab some at Teabox, Teafloor and get extra cashback when you shop through CashKaro.
14. Are There Any Benefits Of Consuming Green Tea With Lemon?
- Green tea, when consumed with lemon, increases the level of Vitamin C in your body.
- This leads to improved digestion and greater immunity.
Check Out: Benefits of Lemon Tea
15. Does Green Tea Have Side Effects?
- Consuming more than 4-5 cups of green tea per day can lead to headache, uneasiness, insomnia, nausea, irregular heartbeat, dizziness etc.
- Such side effects occur because of the caffeine content present in it.
Check Out: Side Effects of Green Tea
16. Is Green tea really good for you?
Green tea is a highly beneficial herbal supplement that helps us to stay fit and healthy. The consumption of this beverage leads to improved digestion and greater immunity.
17. Why is Green tea bad for you?
Green tea, if consumed in excess can cause headache, insomnia, nausea, dizziness and other health problems. Therefore, it is advisable that the intake of this drink should not be more than 3-4 cups a day.
18. What are the side effects of drinking Green tea?
Due to the presence of caffeine in Green tea, several health problems such as stomach upset, headache, and constipation can be the result of excess consumption.
19. Is it safe to drink Green tea everyday?
Yes, you can drink about 3-4 cups of Green tea daily to enjoy the numerous benefits offered by this herbal supplement.
20. What is the best time to drink Green tea?
To begin your day on a refreshed note, you must drink Green tea on an empty stomach. Further, you can consume this beverage two hours before or after your meals, or a cup in the evening to relish its benefits.
21. Which is the healthiest Green tea?
Twinings, Lipton and Organic India Green tea are some of the preferred healthy choice of beverages. You must choose a product that has no artificial preservatives, and contains organic and good quality ingredients.
22. Is Green tea bad for your kidneys?
Green tea consumed in moderate quantities does not cause any harm to the kidneys. In fact, the beverage improves kidney function, prevents kidney stones, and fights the drug-induced toxins.
23. Is Green tea bad for your liver?
Green tea is made from unfermented leaves of the Camellia Sinensis plant, which has compounds to prevent diseases such as fatty liver disease and liver cirrhosis. Only if the consumption of Green tea exceeds a recommended quantity (3-4 cups a day), it can cause side effects, leading to liver damage.
24. Does Green tea burn belly fat?
Yes, the intake of Green tea, preferably on an empty stomach, can aid weight loss and reduce belly fat. This is due to the anti-oxidants present in this herbal supplement.
25. Can we drink Green tea in the morning on an empty stomach?
Yes, you can consume Green tea on an empty stomach. This will also help in weight loss while maintaining a good appetite.
If you are looking to buy Green Tea online, you must check-out the offers from the retailers below: