One thing we Indians can’t do without is our beloved cup of tea. Easy to make, chai is what gets most of us through our day. If prepared right, the best tea can relieve stress, give you an energy boost, uplift your mood, and do so much more. From herbal tea and masala tea to cardamom and black tea, everyone has a different preference for this classic beverage. With such a wide variety of teas available on the market, picking the right one for yourself can become a task. Since we understand and share your love for the desi chai, here is a list of the best tea brands in India so you can jump-start your day the right way.
Our Top Recommendations
How We Tested the Best Tea Brands in India?
Tea is the most widely consumed beverage in India. They come in many varieties, qualities, and flavours. Here are listed some of the best tea brands in India that offer good quality tea. Good tea leaves cost between Rs 150 to Rs 450 for a pack. In selecting the best tea brands, we have taken into account several factors, including flavour, medicinal properties, quality of leaves, and more. All the products listed have at least a 4/5 rating on Amazon. We have taken into account consumer feedback and reviews in choosing the best tea brands in India.
List of 15 Top Tea Brands in India
Tata Tea was acquired by Tata from James Finlay in the 1980s and hence began the story of one of the best tea companies in India. This brand has been dominating the Indian tea market for centuries now with an ever-growing customer base. If you love tea and wish to explore something new, check out Tata’s range of exceptional teas. If you haven’t tried Tata Tea Premium for your morning cup of chai, then you’re probably living under a rock.
- Made from a classic blend of chotti Patti and badhi patti, this tea has the perfect aroma to refresh you and a strong taste that always hits the right notes.
- These tea leaves contain gently rolled long leaves that impart an irresistible aroma to your flavourful tea preparations.
- Organically sourced, this is the best tea that has been carefully curated by experts so you get the most of your tea time.
- Has the right balance of flavour and aroma
- Eco-friendly packaging
- Exquisite taste as per Indian palette
- High pricing
- The size of the grains are small
Brooke Bond was founded in the year 1845 by Arthur Brooke and has a massive demand in the Indian market today. It is an English brand based out of Lancashire, England and supplies great quality tea around the world. It gained a lot of traction in India after launching its Red Label tea, and there’s been no stopping since then.
Whether you’re looking to kickstart your morning with a dose of flavoursome tea or just chatting with your friends over the weekend, the Brooke Bond Red Label Tea is the best tea and a perfect companion. You can buy your upcoming required tea with the best deals on Bigbasket + additional Cashback from us.
- Procured from sustainable farming techniques.
- This tea brings together the best of colour and aroma.
- Made only from the best hand-picked tea leaves, even a very small amount of this tea will give you a rich, relaxing flavour.
- Rich in healthy flavonoids
- Premium blend
- Work directly with tea farmers
- Packaging is poor
- Strong flavour is missing
Taj Mahal Tea is also owned by the popular tea company from the UK, Brooke Bond. The brand has become a sensation in the Indian market with its premium quality tea. Taj Mahal Tea derives its tea leaves from the estates of Assam, Darjeeling, and Tripura which gives a stunning deep brown colour and amazing taste.
The Brooke Bond Taj Mahal Tea has been the best friend of artists for years. This golden-orange tea is one of the best tea brands to uplift your senses. With unique variants available for all states across India, this tea is relaxation and tradition, all in one cup.
- A historic blend of premium tea leaves from Assam.
- It has the right balance of strength and flavour.
- Ideal for preparation as black tea or milk tea.
- Available as tea dust as well as teabags, which come in a special flavour-lock pack.
- Also available in the form of tea bags
- Comes in a unique flavour lock pack
- Made with premium tea leaves from Assam
- Pricing is too high
- Tea leaves are small
Vedaka is a top-selling grocery label that is one of the many brands owned by Amazon. The brand produces great quality pulses, rice, Sugar, tea, and other staple foods in India. The products are priced affordably so most people will be able to get them easily.
Add a touch of flavour and spice to your everyday conversations with the Vedaka Gold Tea. Add a pinch of ginger, or bring a twist with some cardamom, and relish the soothing blast of flavours in your mouth.
- Made from CTC and handpicked long leaves from the foothills of Assam and Darjeeling.
- This tea is the reset button for your long days and blue mornings.
- Available in several sizes, the tea comes in a zip-lock bag so it does not lose its special aroma and freshness.
- Comes in a re-sealable pouch
- Ideal for making masala tea, ginger tea, and sulaimani tea
- Made with long tea leaves
- Moisture exposed
Founded in 1706, Twinnings is hands down one of the best tea brands of all time. It produces a lot of different beverages such as teas, coffees, hot chocolates, etc. The brand is known for its superb quality products and has a huge customer base in India as well. It has its headquarters in London, UK and supplies to many regions across the world. Dip the tea bag in hot water and leave it for 3 minutes. Add milk and sugar as required and absorb the flavour with every sip.
- Twinings English Breakfast tea is a careful blend of handpicked tea leaves from selected tea gardens across the world.
- It boasts a rich and smooth flavour with medium strength offering the right balance of aroma and taste.
- You can easily brew around 100 cups of some of the best teas with this pack.
- This exquisite blend of tea is available in tea bags.
- Best tea for detox
- Rich and robust flavour
- Very strong mint flavour
- The original flavour is missing
- Overall product quality is not up to the mark
Girnar Tea was launched in 1978 by Harendra Shah and Pravin Bhansali. It is a leading tea brand in India and has multiple retail stores spread all over the country. The company has carved its way to the top and has become really popular due to its great quality tea collection.
Girnar is one of the best green teas, a careful blend of green tea leaves with a hint of herbs and spices. All you need to do to make a hearty cup of tea is to infuse this in steaming hot water for 1-2 minutes. You can skip or choose to add a dash of milk as per your preference.
- Adding it to daily routine reaps the incredible benefits of black pepper, ginger, tulsi, asafoetida, clove, cardamom, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Processed keeping in mind the traditional recipe of desi kahwa.
- It comes in 36 individually wrapped foiled bags for ease of use.
- One of the best Green teas
- Beneficial in bloated stomach, cough, and cold
- Every tea bag comes individually packed
- Best detox tea
- Strong taste is missing
- Packaging is not the best
Tetley was founded in 1837 by Joseph and Edward Tetley and has its headquarters in London, England. It is no doubt one of the largest tea producers in the world and has a great presence in the US, Asia, and European regions. It was acquired by Tata Consumer Products in 2000 and has grown even more since then. It is one of the best herbal teas. Moreover, this tea has reduced bitterness and the teabags can be steeped twice.
- Adds refreshing vibe to your everyday life with Tetley’s Green Tea.
- It is loaded with essential nutrients and flavoured with ginger, mint, and lemon.
- It boasts 5 times the antioxidant content as found in an apple.
- Made from top-quality tea leaves, these teabags are 100% free from plastics and staples.
- It is one of the best teas with the goodness of Vitamin C, an essential ingredient that helps build immunity levels.
- Features goodness of Vitamin C
- 100% plastic-free and staple-free tea bags
- Comes in different variants
- Best tea for weight loss
- Aroma is not good enough
- Complaints of bitter taste
Wagh Bakri Tea was founded in 1915 and is owned by Gujarat Tea Processors and Packers Limited. The brand is based out of Ahmedabad, Gujarat and is counted amongst the top 10 tea manufacturers in India. The brand caters to consumers in Gujarat, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Delhi, and Maharashtra. This Premium Tea by Wagh Bakri delivers what it claims, a strong aroma and taste. You will fall in love with this !
- The tea leaves are handpicked from the best estates in India and processed properly to give you the best tea quality.
- It has a strong taste and aroma.
- It has a mesmerizing fragrance that will give you an instant boost of energy.
- Great aroma
- Strong taste
- Provides a boost of energy
- Packaging is not good
- CTC leaves
Marvel tea is a connotation of what truly good tea should taste like. The brand was launched in 1994 by two brothers who held eternal love for tea. Over the years and several great launches, Marvel has become a great tea brand in India today. The company retails Gold Tea, Red Tea, Elaichi Tea, Tulsi Tea, and many other variants.
- The Red Tea by Marvel is ideal for people who have a hectic schedule and undergo a lot of stress.
- It’s extracted from the best quality tea leaves in India and can help reduce stress as well.
- The loose tea leaves impart great flavour and fragrance that will make you want more.
- Relives mental stress and anxiety
- Mesmerising fragrance
- Lacks taste and aroma
- The original flavour is missing
- Tea leaves are too small
Chaayos is a relatively new tea company founded by Raghav Verma and Nitin Saluja in 2012. It owns several tea outlets in various parts of the country and enjoys a lot of attention due to its state-of-the-art flavours. You can either visit your nearby Chaayos to enjoy a freshly brewed cup of chai or order your favourite tea online to make it at home. This Masala Chai by Chaayos is no less than heaven for tea lovers in India.
- It has a blend of different spices that elevate the tea flavour and make it taste much more delicious.
- Masala teas are best enjoyed on a rainy day or a cold evening.
- The tea also has ginger and cardamom, which helps boost your immunity and increase energy levels.
- Several spices to keep you warm
- Cardamom boosts immunity
- Great taste
- Packaging is poor
- Quality is not the best, according to users
Owned by Unilever, Lipton was founded in 1890 and has its headquarters in London, UK. It is a well-known brand in the Indian market and has millions of customers here. Lipton is really famous for its green teas and many health enthusiasts drink it to keep their metabolism up and their skin glowing all the time.
- It is rich in antioxidants that help detox your body and give your skin a boost of radiance.
- The tea smells and tastes great. You can add some lemon juice or honey to enhance its flavour.
- This Honey Lemon Green Tea by Lipton is perfect to go with water and contains zero calories unless you have it with milk.
- Rich in antioxidants
- Zero calories when consumed without milk and sugar
- Unique taste
- Packaging is not good enough
- The quality has deteriorated tremendously, according to users
Organic India was founded in 1997 by Bharat Mitra and Bhavani Lev. The brand is a renowned producer of organic products such as honey, tea, and several Ayurvedic products. If you love tea, we’re sure that you would have heard about the brand’s Tulsi teas. All you need is a hot cup of this tea before bedtime to get better sleep and lead a healthy lifestyle. It has its headquarters in Lucknow and supplies products to various stores, and you can also buy them online.
- It majorly helps in relieving stress and tension and helps improve your sleeping patterns.
- This Tulsi Sweet Rose Tea by Organic India is basically a chamomile tea with added rosy flavour.
- It can also help detoxify your skin and increase your immunity.
- The combined flavour of rich and flavorful Tulsi leaves
- Soft fragrance of real rose petals
- Naturally sweet
- It has a high tulsi extract quantity
- Medicinal, acquired taste
- Lacks the robust flavour of tea
The Good Life Company
Popularly known as TGL Co., this brand was founded in 2016 by Bhuman Dani and Shariq Ashraf. It produces great quality tea and coffee that is loved by thousands of people across India. Although a relatively new company, TGL Co. has gained a massive client base in India only with its exceptional range of products.
- It has a pleasant fragrance of peppermint and a nice sweet aftertaste that will make you fall in love with it.
- This Peppermint tea has dry peppermint leaves that, when infused in water, will help reduce stress and keep you calm.
- Regularly consuming this tea can help boost your mood, improve your memory, and keep stress at bay.
- Stress reduction
- Boosts mood
- Enhances immunity
- Tea leaves are crushed
- Kewara flavour tastes artificial
- No taste of green tea
Tea Trunk is an artisanal tea brand that was founded by Snigdha Manchanda in the year 2011. The brand has its headquarters in Goa and is pretty popular in the South Indian region. It blends different flavours with teas that are all-natural and free of chemicals or artificial colour. If you’re looking for a tea that’s natural and super healthy for you, this brand will not disappoint.
- This Jasmine Green Tea by Tea Trunk is filled with antioxidants that are highly beneficial for your body.
- The infusion of jasmine helps clear your skin and make it glow.
- Regular consumption can boost your immunity and keep diseases away.
- Great aroma
- Filled with antioxidants
- Great for your skin health
- No taste of matcha
- Flavour is not good enough
- Lacks aroma
Goodwyn is one of the biggest producers of tea in India and owns a 6000-acre estate in Assam. The brand is known for its innovation and creativity, which reflects in its various tea flavours. It has more than 50 different flavours and not one will disappoint you.
- Drinking this tea can help you manage stress, improving sleep cycle, and regulate your blood pressure.
- This Kashmiri Kahwa tea by Goodwyn has a blend of cardamom, cinnamon, ginger and saffron with natural green tea.
- The packaging is pristine, and you will love the flavour profile of this one.
- Blend of spices that elevate the taste
- Helps improve sleep pattern
- Regulates blood pressure
- Too strong
- Aroma is not good
- Tea leaves are too small
Tea is a great source of antioxidants and can be beneficial to the body if consumed responsibly. The key to enjoying most of the classic beverages is picking the one that relaxes, refreshes, and energizes you all at once.
What are the best tea brands in India?
Brands like Tata Tea, Brooke Bond, Twinnings, and Lipton. Tetley and Taj Mahal are some of the best tea brands in India currently.
Which tea can help in stress reduction?
Drinking chamomile tea or peppermint tea can help in reducing stress and induce healthy sleeping patterns.