Astrology is a part of science that allows readers to interpret ongoing events in an individual’s life. The process involves looking at the position of planets and celestial objects at the time of their birth and comparing it with the present time. One of the most intriguing and exciting forms of scientific study, astrology can dictate everything from your love life to career prospects. If you’re curious about learning how to read and write interpretations for yourself and others, here is our take on some of the best astrology books to delve into this year.Here you can also check some of the best non-fiction books & List of biography books
How Do We Choose the Right Astrology Books for You?
Astrology is a widely trusted science in India and many of us rely on it to make important life decisions. If you’re new to it and want to expand your knowledge, a good astrology book can help you kickstart your journey. You can easily get a highly educational astrology book from Rs 299 to Rs 1,499 in India. When it comes to such books, there’s no one size fits all here. There are many great and critically-acclaimed books that you can rely on. In this article, you will find books for all from beginners to experienced readers that will open up a whole new portal for you and help you lead a better, more enlightened life ahead. These books are some of the best sellers in the world and have average ratings of 4.5/5 on Amazon. Here you can also check the list of top Hindi books.
Our Top Recommendations
List of 7 Best Astrology Books
The Only Astrology Book You’ll Ever Need by Joanna Martine Woolfolk
This is the latest edition of the original version written by J.M. Woolfolk. Touted to be one of the best astrology books for beginners to understand the fundamentals of astrology, including sun signs, cusps, and the effect of planetary movement.
Prominent Features of The Only Astrology Book You’ll Ever Need by Joanna Martine Woolfolk:
- It offers advice on dealing with the many aspects of life
- Tells the reader about houses in astrology and zodiac signs
- Has a glossary of specific terms used by the astrologers
- This book has a progressive narrative that introduces the reader to the basics of astrology
- Explains the intricacies with a refreshing simplicity
- Simple yet interesting book
- Comes in Kindle, Hardcover, and Paperback versions
- Highly recommended for beginners
- Experienced people may find the teachings limited
Moonology by Yasmin Boland
Moonology explores the magic of lunar cycles and is all about understanding the effect of the moon on health, mood, relationships, and work.
Prominent Features of the Moonology by Yasmin Boland:
- This book helps you manifest your dreams while planning your life in the right way
- It speaks about how individuals can deepen their connection with nature
- Teachings about the cosmos through affirmations, visualisations, and chants during each phase of the moon
- Perfect for those who wish to enhance their spiritual understanding and practice
- Highly educational astrology book on lunar readings
- Helps you manifest better
- May be a little too intricate for beginners
The Stars Within You by Juliana Mccarthy
The Stars Within You provides a contemporary outlook on the ancient practices of astrology. This book enables readers to recognise themselves, their gifts and suggests ways to move towards happiness and contentment.
Prominent Features of The Stars Within You by Juliana McCarthy:
- It features beautiful depictions that make the narration understandable
- One of the best books on astrology for beginners
- It is a modern guide on the fundamentals of the science
- Helps teach how to read your birth charts
- Gives you a fresh and less complicated perspective of life
- Offers self-awareness methods
- Comes in Kindle, Audiobook, Audio CD, and Paperback editions
- Less information available
Astrology: Using the Wisdom of the Stars in Your Everyday Life by Carole Taylor
This book by Carole Taylor has an authoritative tone yet a simple narrative. It uses case studies to help readers understand the simple concept of self-fulfilment.
Prominent Features of Astrology: Using the Wisdom of the Stars in Your Everyday Life by Carole Taylor:
- The book teaches you to read your own birth chart to understand yourself better
- Offers insights and bits of advice to improve relationships in professional and personal spheres
- Allows you to learn to deal with stress and helps expand your creativity
- It also enables you to learn the interpretation of various astrological concepts like zodiac signs, planetary movements, astrological houses, and more
- Contains intricate information and illustrations to help you understand astrology better
- Has beautiful artworks
- Gives you great insights into zodiac signs and the fundamentals of astrology
- May be a little too complicated for beginners
Astrology for Yourself by Douglas Bloch and Demetra George
If you’re looking for the ultimate self-help astrology book, this one by Bloch and George might be the one for you. It allows you to write your own interpretations by learning all the primary facets of astrology.
Prominent Features of Astrology for Yourself by Douglas Bloch and Demetra George:
- The book takes you through a series of self-directed program-learning exercises
- Offers better insight and greater understanding of the applications
- It promotes the personal growth of the reader
- It’s a sincere attempt at inspiring change on an individual level
- Elaborated explanation which is suitable for beginners
- Comes in a Paperback and Kindle edition
- Doesn’t contain much information on how to create natal charts
Lal-Kitab by U.C. Mahajan
This is an English version of the famous Lal Kitab and completes the contents of its predecessor. It adds a new dimension to the original Urdu version written by astrologer Roop Lal back in the 19th century.
Prominent Features of the Lal-Kitab by U.C. Mahajan:
- Has case studies for in-depth explanation and interpretation of birth charts according to the Southern tradition
- This book is an extended version of the original 2000 edition written by Professor U.C. Mahajan
- Provides a true taste of Indian astrology to the reader
- Talks about everything from planetary movements to their effecton zodiac signs
- Has simple and easy to understand language
- Perfect for people who want learn about Indian astrology
- Has detail-oriented info for better understanding
- Some people may not find it authentic enough
Vedic Astrology by P.V.R. Narsimha Rao
The best book for Vedic astrology in India, it decodes the traditional system of Indian astrology or Jyotish. It introduces the fundamental concepts of astrology.
Prominent Features of the Vedic Astrology by P.V.R. Narsimha Rao:
- Teaches you about the complex topics like dasa, transit, tajaka, special topics in astrology, and real-life studies
- It offers and integrated approach to the Vedic science
- Inundated with charts and simple descriptions
- This book is divided into six parts, each of which touches upon a different topic of astrology
- Highly recomended for beginners
- Easy to understand language
- Experienced readers may not find much insights
What are the best astrology books in India?
The Only Astrology Book You’ll Ever Need, Moonology, and Lal-Kitaab are some of the best astrology books in India.
Who was the author of Lal-Kitaab?
Lal-Kitab was written by Pt. Roop Chand Joshi.