Biryani is fragrant, exquisite, and one of the world’s most popular dishes. While it is an appetising meal, it is not so easy to make. This is where biryani masala comes into play. Using a biryani masala is a great idea to enjoy the perfect taste without making much effort. In a spice country like India, there are various brands available in the market providing good quality masalas with supreme ingredients to offer the taste you are craving.
To help you make an informed choice, we have come up with some of the best biryani masala brands in India that are a must to try to enjoy this lovely delicacy.
How Do We Choose the Best Biryani Masala Brands for You?
The taste of biryani varies from region to region owing to the use of native spices that are popular or cultivated in that particular region. To enjoy a variety of evergreen classic biryanis from different regions without any fuss, it is a great idea to use biryani masala. These masalas are available for all budgets, from Rs 60 to Rs 500. You can pick any of the brands that suit your needs. To assist you in making the selection, here we have listed a few criteria that you must keep in mind for making the selection.
One of the most important considerations while picking the masala is its composition. Check out the list of ingredients and ensure that it has a balance of all spices for great taste. The biryani masala must also be free from harmful chemicals or artificial colours for healthy eating.
Packaging of the masala is also crucial to keep in mind. The biryani masala must be perfectly packaged to prevent it from getting spoilt. It should be packed in a way to stay moisture-free and safe to use for the long term. All the given brands make sure to pack their masala products carefully.
List of Top 10 Biryani Masala Brands in India
On this page:
- 1. Everest
- 2. MDH
- 3. ChefBoss
- 4. Nawab’s Secret
- 5. Urban Platter
- 6. Shan
- 7. Keya
- 8. Vedaka
- 9. Rooted Peepul
- 10. ITC Master Chef
- Which is the best biryani masala brand?
- What is the secret ingredient of biryani?
- What is the famous biryani?
- Which is the No 1 biryani in India?
- Which is the best-selling biryani masala brand?
Everest spices brand is owned by Everest Food Products Pvt Ltd. It is a producer, importer, and distributor of ground spices and spice blends under the Everest brand in India. It is India’s best-selling spice brand, with over 45 masala varieties available in both pure and blended forms. These spices are accepted and enjoyed by millions of households not only in India but also in over 58 nations throughout the world.
Prominent Features of Everest Biryani Masala:
- It is a blend of flavouring spices and taste compounds that improve the scent of regular rice
- This is made with natural ingredients without using any preservatives or artificial colours
- The masala is hygienically packed and goes through quality checks to ensure purity & freshness
- Contains authentic spices
- 100% vegetarian masala
- Trans-fat-free option
- Has a rich aroma and flavour
- It might have tiny pieces of spices that are not so appetising
Why We Picked Everest Biryani Masala?
Everest Shahi Biryani Masala is the ideal combination of the many fragrant spices that are necessary to produce an appetising plate of biryani. This ready-to-mix masala saves you the time and effort of making the spice blend that gives Biriyani its distinct flavour. Get this masala and offer a treat to your tastebuds.
MDH, a.k.a. Mahashian Di Hatti Private Limited, is a spice company situated in New Delhi, India. It is a prominent manufacturer and supplier of Indian spices and is considered one of the best masala brands in the country. MDH offers 62 products in over 150 distinct packaging options. Also, they maintain a uniform taste and quality for an excellent experience.
Prominent Features of MDH Biryani Masala:
- It is a ready-to-use masala that does not require any pre-cooking or the addition of extra spices
- Rich in proteins, carbohydrates and healthy fats, this MDH biryani masala is enriched with energy
- These include spices that have been grounded or blended naturally and are devoid of preservatives
- Pretty affordable
- Pleasant aroma
- Vegetarian product
- No added preservatives
- Spices could be a little more strong
Why We Picked MDH Biryani Masala?
MDH Bombay biryani masala is an all-natural product with no artificial flavours or additives. The ingredients of MDH biryani masala consist of excellent ingredients like coriander, red chilli, dried plums, fennel, muskmelon, turmeric, mango, cassia, cumin, cloves, garlic, black pepper, cardamom seeds, nutmeg, mace, green cardamom, and more. All of them make the biryani unique and provide a delicious taste.
ChefBoss is Jubilant Foodwork’s brand, which sells ready-to-cook pastes, sauces, and gravies. Its extensive range of options introduces you to a new culinary experience and helps you explore different flavours. These pastes or sauces provide a perfect base for your meals without making you put in a lot of effort. It’s your personal cooking toolset for experimenting with various Indian flavours.
Prominent Features of ChefBoss Biryani Masala:
- Made with the finest quality ingredients, it offers an authentic flavour & serves 4 persons
- It is a trans-fat-free masala that does not contain artificial flavours, colours, or ingredients
- This easy-to-cook masala ensures mess-free usage and takes just 15 minutes to cook biryani
- An exciting range of options
- Perfect for vegetarians
- Authentic flavours
- Easy to use paste
- It is a little expensive
Why We Picked ChefBoss Biryani Masala?
It’s a lot of fun to experiment with new recipes at home, and what’s better than buying ChefBoss Biryani Masala? It is a ready-to-cook paste made up of the right amount of spices and ingredients, making it easier for everyone to make biryani in their kitchen. The masala is 100% vegetarian and natural and comes with a 9-months shelf life for long-term usage.
4. Nawab’s Secret
Spiceco Cuisine owns the Nawab’s Secret brand, which was developed with the idea of giving its customers the most authentic and comprehensive spice blend for Lucknow’s famous foods. The spice blend offered by Nawab’s Secret includes some of the exotic herbs, spices, and flowers that have historically been utilised in Awadhi cuisine. Its precise spice combination, as well as a recipe, imparts unique tastes, making them a great addition to your kitchen.
Prominent Features of Nawab’s Secret Biryani Masala:
- Heavenly rich in taste and aroma, this biryani masala is a perfect treat to taste your tastebuds
- It does not require you to cook the meat or vegetables separately and helps you save a lot of time
- This is an all-natural masala that does not contain any preservatives, artificial colours, or flavours
- Unforgettable taste experience
- No need for other masalas
- Blend of exotic spices
- Available in different sizes
Why We Picked Nawab’s Secret Biryani Masala?
When it comes to Hyderabadi and Lucknow’s Biryani, no other masala can compete with Nawab’s Secret Biryani Masala. It is one of the best masala brands in India, whose biryani masala contains exotic species like contains salt, red chilli, coriander, shahi jeera, cumin, black pepper, green cardamom, black cardamom, cinnamon, etc. This easy-to-blend masala offers perfect flavours and lets you experience the perfect species.
5. Urban Platter
Urban Platter is an Indian company started by Chirag Kenia in 2015. Over the years, it has grown into one of India’s biggest manufacturers of gourmet items. The company is situated in Maharashtra and sells everything on the internet. This business sells a wide range of products, including masalas, to make it easy to cook hotel-taste food at home.
Prominent Features of Urban Platter Biryani Masala:
- This biryani masala comes with a shelf life of 12 long months, making it perfect to use for long term
- It is a combination of rice flour, wheat flour, cornflour, dried tomatoes, dried onions, & essential spices
- Made with premium quality ingredients, this masala is 100% vegetarian and is easy to blend into rice
- Suitable for vegetarians
- Delightful aroma
- Pure ingredients
- Great packaging
- The glass jar is prone to breakage
Why We Picked Urban Platter Biryani Masala?
Hyderabad Urban Platter Biryani masala is a delectable spice combination used to create the ultimate Hyderabadi biryani. This excellent Biryani Masala is simple to make and always turns out perfectly. Its seductive scent and rich flavours make it a fantastic dish that can transform an average dinner into a feast. This classic masala is indeed an excellent addition to your kitchen.
Shan spices brand is owned by Shan Foods Private Limited. It is a Pakistani food products company that manufactures packaged spice blends used in Pakistani and Mughlai cuisine. The company’s goods are sold to over 60 countries, and their appeal stems from the reduced time necessary to prepare traditional dishes. Its biryani masala is ideal for making real Bombay biryani and is a great choice for delicious biryani.
Prominent Features of Shan Biryani Masala:
- Shan Bombay Biryani mix allows you to replicate the real traditional flavour with ease
- A mix of natural ingredients, it contains sulphite, sesame, mustard, gluten, and tree nuts
- This 100% vegetarian masala allows you to cook biryani both with vegetables and meat
- No artificial food colour
- Affordable packaging
- Variety of options
- Extremely authentic
Keya Foods is well-known for producing high-quality Seasonings and Herbs. The brand’s mission is to provide gourmet-style condiments and meals for every kitchen. The ingredients for all of the items are sourced from reliable, fresh farms and are of high quality to offer a positive consumer experience. Its biryani masala is great for trying to unleash flavour and fragrance during cooking.
Prominent Features of Keya Biryani Masala:
- A mixture of pre-roasted whole and ground spices, all the ingredients are hand-picked to ensure quality
- The masala contains ingredients in the appropriate proportions to offer the perfect old-age recipe
- It is a high-quality masala that undergoes extensive testing to ensure better taste, flavour, and aroma
- Easy-to-cook masala
- No added preservatives
- Great packaging
- Long term usage
- Flavours are not so strong
Vedaka is an Amazon India brand that sells spices, groceries, dry fruits, pulses, lentils, tea leaves, grains, dried fruits, oils, flours, and other everyday products. All its products are made with supreme quality ingredients that offer a great taste and fragrance to your dish. Its biryani masala is one of the highly loved products for its delicious spice combination and flavorful taste.
Prominent Features of Vedaka Biryani Masala:
- Vedaka Biriyani Masala is packaged in a sanitary manner to keep the spice moisture-free and fresh
- Comes in a variety of aromatic, delicious biriyani flavours like Hyderabadi, Dum, Afghani, and more
- It is easy to use masala and does not require a lot of hard work to offer authentic flavours & taste
- Pretty affordable
- Premium quality masala
- Authentic aroma
- Inner foil packaging
- Flavours are mild
9. Rooted Peepul
Rooted Peepul is an Indian brand that uses good quality spices by keeping both health and flavour in mind. The business, based in New Delhi, is an entrepreneurial endeavour to bring healthy living to the centre of the urban lifestyle. It provides a superb and genuine combination of 23 spices for mutton, chicken, and veggie biryani.
Prominent Features of Biryani Masala:
- It is a properly balanced masala with less chilli but greater heat to make biryani more flavorful
- This premium quality powder has a fine taste and flavours with no preservatives, artificial colours, etc.
- Comes packed in plastic-free packaging, this masala is safe both for health and the environment
- 100% natural masala
- Free from added flavours
- Two-size packagings
- Both for veg & non-veg biryani
- Comes at a high price
10. ITC Master Chef
ITC Master Chef is an ITC Limited ready-to-cook product brand that offers a variety of quality ingredients and goods that make cooking more interesting. All ITC Master Chef products are of the highest quality, decrease preparation time, and are easy to cook and store. The brand provides some of the best biryani pastes that you must try to satiate your hunger.
Prominent Features of ITC Biryani Masala:
- These biryani pastes are free of preservatives and manufactured with premium ingredients
- Free from preservatives, colours, and artificial flavours, this masala is safe for the health
- Perfect for restaurant-quality biryani, it is easy to cook and is available in multiple flavours
- 100% vegetarian
- Saves resources
- No added chemicals
- It is not so spicy or flavourful
Biryani is an aromatic, heavenly, and one of the most loved delicacies in the country. It is rich in flavours and can be prepared easily at home using a quality biryani masala. These masalas are the perfect blend of species that offers an authentic taste in your own kitchen. The above-mentioned are some of the top-notch brands in the Indian market and can be picked without any second thought. Among all the options, MDH and ITC top our list of personal favourites. However, you let us know your go-to brand for making a delectable plate of biryani.
Which is the best biryani masala brand?
There are various brands offering good quality biryani masalas, such as Everest, MDH, Nawab’s Secret, and more.
What is the secret ingredient of biryani?
In various parts of the country, biryani is made with different secret ingredients, and thus it tastes different.
What is the famous biryani?
Hyderabad and Lucknow biryani is the most famous biryani in India.
Which is the No 1 biryani in India?
There are various debates on the number 1 biryani in India, but there is no conclusion yet as people consider the recipe of their region is the best.
Which is the best-selling biryani masala brand?
Nawab’s Secret is the best-selling biryani on Amazon India.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
CashKaro reviews are carefully made by a team of experts who loves to study and test different brands and products available in the market and curate a list of the best from the lot. We compare multiple options on different factors so that you won’t find any shady products on the list. For picking the best biryani masala brands in India, we considered factors like ingredients, packaging, spices level, shelf life, and more. Our aim with these reviews is to make shopping fun and hassle-free for you. Happy Shopping!