Got a newfound passion for online gaming? A well-designed gaming setup is a must to enjoy this experience to the fullest! If you are looking for a pocket-friendly way to create your gaming setup at home, there are several brands that offer affordable yet high-quality products to fit your need. One of the most important elements of online gaming is having the perfect keyboard to play smoothly. Here, we have curated a list of the best budget gaming keyboards that are durable, aesthetic, and super functional.
Our Top Picks
Features of Gaming Keyboard
Gamers around the globe understand the significance of having the right tools at their disposal, and the gaming keyboard is one of them. Beyond its conventional counterparts, gaming keyboards boast an array of features that cater specifically to the needs of gamers.
The combination of mechanical switches with programmable keys is one of the most popular aspects of gaming keyboards. With the use of these programmable keys, players can alter the keyboard layout to suit their tastes. This enables gamers to readily access them while playing by assigning various functions to various keys.
For instance, you can programme a certain key to carry out a certain action or function, making it simpler for you to carry it out while playing the game. This feature helps you play more effectively by enabling you to react more quickly and precisely.
RGB lighting is another feature that has become quite popular among gamers. Gamers can alter the lighting on their keyboards using RGB lighting to fit their particular aesthetic or to make gaming more immersive.
Specific keys can also be highlighted by RGB lighting, which can also provide fun lighting effects. Even though this function will not directly enhance your gameplay, it undoubtedly raises the overall visual value of your gaming setup.
Many gaming keyboards also have fairly cool capabilities, like multimedia keys and macro recording. With the use of these keys, gamers can manage media playback and volume without opening another program or window.
Additionally, players can record a sequence of actions using the macro recording feature. They can then assign them to a single key to carry out complicated tasks during gaming swiftly and simply.
Another typical feature that gamers seem to love nowadays is backlit keys. These keys come in a number of brightness settings. When playing video games in dim lighting or when you wish to emphasise certain keys, backlit keys turn out to be useful.
Additional features of gaming keyboards, like media controls, anti-ghosting, USB ports, and wrist rests, can improve gaming performance. Gamers can manage the playing of music or videos without leaving the game, thanks to media controls. When many keys are touched at once, anti-ghosting technology prevents key presses from being missed.
Additionally, one can easily attach peripherals like a mouse or headphone to the keyboard via USB ports. During lengthy gaming periods, wrist rests provide support and comfort, decreasing tiredness and enhancing performance.
Finally, a lot of gaming keyboards have a specific game mode. The Windows key is disabled in this mode to avoid inadvertent activation while playing. This function makes it possible for you to play uninterrupted, letting you enjoy the best gaming experience.
How Do We Choose the Budget Gaming Keyboards for You?
Choosing a gaming keyboard online can be tricky, but we’re here to help you out. In India, you can find high-quality budget gaming keyboards ranging from Rs 599 to Rs 1,999 and more. Here are some factors we considered before curating this list.
Material and Build
In this list, you will only find keyboards that are made using durable materials such as aluminium, ABS, and metal. These materials make the keyboard sturdy enough to withstand vigorous usage of the gear for extended gaming sessions.
Here, we have added products that come with multiple lighting modes, height adjustments, and more so that you can customise them as per your comfort. Creating the perfect gaming setup at home has never been easier.
These keyboards come with anti-ghosting keys, multimedia keys, braided cables, and more to offer a seamless gaming experience. Check out the full list to find a product that works best for you!
List of the Best Budget Gaming Keyboards in India
HP K500F Backlit Membrane Wired Gaming Keyboard
Founded in 1939 by Bill Hewlett and David Packard, HP is one of the largest IT companies in the world. The brand is popularly known for its range of computers, software, hardware, etc. With headquarters in Palo Alto, California, the company has garnered a massive clientele across the globe today.
|Product Dimensions||44 x 13.5 x 3.5 cm|
Prominent Features of the HP K500F Backlit Membrane Wired Gaming Keyboard:
- Features different RGB lights to create your own unique gaming setup
- The anti-ghosting keys allow you to press multiple keys simultaneously for precise input
- Designed using sturdy material to withstand hours of intense gaming sessions
- Also has a metal panel that does not get scratched or damaged easily
- Comes with dedicated multimedia keys for volume control, play/pause, mute, etc
- Durable construction
- Anti-ghosting keys
- Adjustable lighting
- Limited compatibility with Windows 7, 8, and 10 only
Why We Picked the HP K500F Backlit Membrane Wired Gaming Keyboard?
The HP K500F Backlit Membrane Wired Gaming Keyboard is ideal for a gamer who likes precision and unbeatable performance at an affordable cost. It has a sleek body with customisable RGB lighting to create the perfect gaming setup. On top of that, its ghost keys and multimedia keys give you even more control.
MEETION MT-K9320 Wired Gaming Keyboard
Established in 2013, Shenzhen Meetion Tech Co. Ltd. is a leading retailer of phone and computer gaming accessories in India. The Chinese brand has garnered a huge customer base in India with its affordable yet high-quality product range that you will thoroughly enjoy using!
|Product Dimensions||46.5 x 17.1 x 3.5 cm|
Prominent Features of the MEETION MT-K9320 Wired Gaming Keyboard:
- This keyboard is water-resistant, which prevents damage against accidental spills
- Its ultra-slim profile makes it aesthetically appealing and also helps save space
- Comes with customisable RGB backlighting to create a visually stunning gaming setup
- Has 19 anti-ghosting keys to input concise keystrokes without missing anything
- Also features multimedia keys to give more control while gaming
- Customisable lights and height
- Easy USB connectivity
- Keycap quality might not be up to the mark
Why We Picked the MEETION MT-K9320 Wired Gaming Keyboard?
The MEETION MT-K9320 Wired Gaming Keyboard is the perfect keyboard designed for gamers who seek a sleek device with advanced features. It features durable construction, RGB backlighting, multimedia keys, and anti-ghosting keys to create a vivid gaming experience. On top of that, its durable and water-resistant body makes the keyboard long-lasting for extended gaming hours.
Cosmic Byte CB-GK-05 Titan Wired Gaming Keyboard
When it comes to quality gaming gear, Cosmic Byte is one of the first few names that come to mind. The brand is synonymous with unwavering quality that’s delivered to you at very reasonable prices. You can find earbuds, headphones, keyboards, mouse, mousepads, cooling pads, and more under this brand.
|Product Dimensions||18 x 3 x 40 cm|
Prominent Features of the Cosmic Byte CB-GK-05 Titan Wired Gaming Keyboard:
- Designed with an aluminium body that gives it a premium look and feel
- Features multiple RGB lighting with different modes to personalise your gaming setup
- Comes with anti-ghosting keys for precise inputs, making it ideal for gamers
- Also has multimedia keys so that you can adjust volume, play/pause, skip track, etc
- Comes with a braided USB cable that doesn’t get tangled easily
- Strong and durable body
- Easy connectivity with Mac and Windows
- Customisable lights
- A bit bulky
Why We Picked the Cosmic Byte CB-GK-05 Titan Wired Gaming Keyboard?
The Cosmic Byte CB-GK-05 Titan Wired Gaming Keyboard is designed for gamers who use their devices for extended hours. Made of aluminium, it adds strength and durability while making the body look premium. Moreover, the ghost keys, multimedia keys, and braided cable make it a more value-for-money choice!
EvoFox Deathray RGB Gaming Keyboard
EvoFox is a popular range of gaming gear brought to you by Amkette. The brand excels in manufacturing top-notch IT, gaming, and audio products that are affordable and high-quality.
|Product Dimensions||44.6 x 13.5 x 3.1 cm|
Prominent Features of the EvoFox Deathray RGB Gaming Keyboard:
- Features 8 custom lighting modes to create the ideal gaming setup as per mood
- Comes with silent membrane keys for a smooth and noiseless gaming experience
- Has 19 anti-ghosting keys to give clear and concise commands without fail
- The keyboard also has several multimedia keys to give you complete control
- Comes with a tangle-free braided cable for easy connectivity
- Long USB cable
- Multiple lighting modes
- Ergonomic design
- Might not work with Mac devices
Why We Picked the EvoFox Deathray RGB Gaming Keyboard?
This keyboard by EvoFox is made for gamers who are looking for a feature-rich keyboard at a reasonable price. It features multiple lighting modes, anti-ghost keys, and multimedia keys to give you a seamless gaming experience. The braided cable prevents tangling and enhances the life of your keyboard even more.
Redgear Blaze Semi-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Redgear makes top-notch gaming gear and accessories that are widely sold on Amazon. Its product range includes gaming keyboards, headphones, mousepads, gamepads, and more.
|Product Dimensions||18 x 44.2 x 4.2 cm|
Prominent Features of the Redgear Blaze Semi-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard:
- Designed with an aluminium body that provides durability and a premium look
- Its RGB backlighting with multiple lighting modes and brightness levels allows you to customise it easily
- Comes with 19 anti-ghosting keys for precise inputs while gaming
- Also has a Windows Key lock to prevent any interruptions during the game
- Durable body
- Braided cable for increased lifespan
- Several lighting modes
- Only compatible with Windows
Why We Picked the Redgear Blaze Semi-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard?
This keyboard by Redgear is designed to enhance your gaming experience with its RGB backlighting, anti-ghosting keys, and ergonomic design. Its strong aluminium body will not only looks premium but can also withstand rigorous gaming sessions.
Recommended For You: While playing heavy games, the CPU plays an important role which is why you should always research it before buying it. But if you don’t want to go through hours of surfing, then you can check our latest gaming CPU buying guide. Have a look.
Redragon Kumara K552 Rainbow Keyboard
Founded more than two decades ago, Redragon is a leading gaming brand that’s widely sold in India. It is owned by Eastern Times Technology Co. Ltd. and has its headquarters in Istanbul.
|Product Dimensions||3.7 x 35.4 x 12.35 cm|
Prominent Features of the Redragon Kumara K552 Rainbow Keyboard:
- Features mechanical switches that provide tactile feedback for clear inputs while gaming
- Comes with multiple RGB lighting modes and brightness levels to customise the setup as per your need
- Has multiple anti-ghosting keys that allow for concise actions and a smooth gaming experience
- Made with a metal frame that’s strong and durable for long gaming hours
- Compatible with all Windows OS
- Customisable lighting
- Durable construction
- Might not work with non-Windows devices
Zebronics Zeb-Transformer Gaming Keyboard
Zebronics is a popular electronics brand that was founded in 2017 by Rajesh Doshi. The Indian company retails affordable yet high-quality gaming accessories, peripherals, personal grooming, wearables, and more. With headquarters in Chennai, Zebronics has garnered a huge customer base across the country today.
|Product Dimensions||13.3 x 7.2 x 4.2 cm|
Prominent Features of the Zebronics Zeb-Transformer Gaming Keyboard:
- Premium gaming keyboard with multiple lighting modes and brightness levels
- Comes with multimedia keys to control volume, play/pause, and track skipping
- It is made with an aluminium body which makes the keyboard strong and durable
- Features Windows lock key so that you can disable the Windows key during gaming sessions
- Wireless keyboard
- Water-resistant design
- Vibrant lighting
- Braided cable
- It might not be compatible with Mac
AmazonBasics Wired Gaming Keyboard
AmazonBasics is another leading home goods, electronics, and office accessories brand. It was established in 2009 and has slowly become one of the biggest-selling brands in India. The brand sells affordable products that deliver quality that you will thoroughly enjoy.
|Product Dimensions||47.4 x 17.3 x 3.9 cm|
Prominent Features of the AmazonBasics Wired Gaming Keyboard:
- Features multicolour backlight with adjustable brightness levels to customise your gaming setup
- Comes with multimedia keys to easily control the volume, play/pause, and track skip buttons
- Has a sturdy aluminium body that is ideal for extended gaming hours
- It has multiple anti-ghosting keys to let you put multiple inputs without conflicts
- The keyboard has an ergonomic design that makes it easy to use
- Dedicated multimedia keys
- Compatible with most Windows OS
- Easy to use
- Backlight customisations might be limited
XPG INFAREX K10 Wired Gaming Keyboard
XPG is another leading gaming and electronics brand that was founded in 2008 by Simon Chen. The brand manufactures laptops, keyboards, mouse, SSDs, audio, and lifestyle products that are affordable and deliver ultimate performance.
|Product Dimensions||46.5 x 17.8 x 4.5 cm|
Prominent Features of the XPG INFAREX K10 Wired Gaming Keyboard:
- Features customisable RGB lighting with nine different lighting effects for the perfect gaming setup
- The anti-ghosting technology in the keyboard allows one to press multiple keys simultaneously
- Has dedicated multimedia keys that give you more control to make quick adjustments during the game
- Water and dust resistant
- Comes with one year warranty
- Has multimedia keys
- Doesn’t have many light customisation options
Archer Tech Lab Astra M200 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Archer Tech Lab retails premium gaming gear at affordable costs in India. The brand is quite prominent on Amazon and has cooling pads, gaming keyboards, gaming mouse, etc., in its product range.
|Brand||Archer Tech Lab|
|Product Dimensions||44 x 14 x 2.5 cm|
Prominent Features of the Archer Tech Lab Astra M200 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard:
- High-tech keyboard with mechanical keys for a smooth and immersive gaming experience
- Boasts customisable RGB lighting with multiple colour options and lighting effects
- Also has anti-ghosting keys for concise commands while pressing multiple keys simultaneously
- Foldable kickstand design
- Anti-scratch keys
Budget gaming keyboards are perfect for an immersive experience without burning a hole in your pockets. In this article, we have listed some of the best budget gaming keyboards based on their RGB lighting modes, ghost keys, material, build, and more. While we like the products from HP, MEETION, and Cosmic Byte, let us know which ones you like the best!
Last But Not Least: we have also covered some of the best-selling Gaming Monitors in India in our recently published blogs. Do have a look.
What type of keyboard is best for gaming?
Mechanical keyboards are ideal for gaming as they are more responsive, tactile, and precise than regular keyboards. You can also go for membrane keyboards if you are on a budget.
What is the best budget keyboard for programming and gaming?
You can choose anyone from HP K500F Backlit Membrane Wired Gaming Keyboard, MEETION MT-K9320 Wired Gaming Keyboard, or Cosmic Byte CB-GK-05 Titan Wired Gaming Keyboard for gaming or programming.
Which budget gaming keyboard has low latency?
The Logitech G613 LIGHTSPEED features delicate Romer-G Tactile switches and has very low latency. While gaming, the smooth tactile bump of these switches feels very responsive.
Does keyboard latency matter in FPS?
Yes, keyboard latency matters in gaming. Since you want your keypresses to seem as quick and immediate as possible, having low latency is advantageous. This is whether you play rhythm or timing-based games or are a competitive player.
Is 100ms latency bad?
Latency is the strength of your connection inside your network and is measured in milliseconds. For gaming, anything with a latency of 100ms or less is fine. However, the ideal range is 20 to 40 ms.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
At CashKaro, our team of skilled and experienced researchers is dedicated to providing you with the best market advice available online. We carefully evaluate a wide range of products and compare them based on various criteria to curate a list of products that you can rely on. We hope that our recommendations for the best budget gaming keyboards in India have been useful to you and will assist you in making an informed decision.