Just like cricket, football has a huge fan base. However, contrary to professional football, which requires paraphernalia to play the game, a casual match on a Sunday evening rests on good quality football. Moreover, it comes with a promise of hours of fun and frolic. That said, whatever skills you own, the best footballs will surely double the fun. With several options available on the market, we have rounded up the best footballs for every budget.
Our Top Recommendations
How Do We Choose the Best Football for You?
Whether it’s for professional matches, training sessions, or recreational plays, investing in good-quality football is important as it can impact your overall experience and skill development. You must choose a long-lasting ball with a butyl bladder to ensure the ball’s shape and rebound quality stay maintained with time. In the Indian market, you can get a good-quality football costing between Rs 300 and Rs 2,000.
Here are some factors that we considered while choosing the best footballs.
There are different balls for different purposes. While some are designed to be played in the league or competitive setting, others are meant for training and practice. So, learn about your need and pick the ball accordingly.
It is crucial to pick a high-quality football that can provide better control, ensure consistent performance, and is extremely durable to withstand prolonged use. Also, it should be well and qualitatively stitched to play without threads coming out.
Types of Footballs
There are different types of footballs for various playing needs and conditions. The common ones are:
Match Balls: These are high-quality footballs that are exclusively designed for official matches. Such balls meet regulations set by governing bodies like FIFA and have consistent flight characteristics for superior performance, durability, and control.
Training Balls: As the name suggests, these balls are designed for heavy use in practice sessions. They are often more durable and can withstand frequent use on different surfaces.
Indoor Balls: These balls are designed for indoor surfaces and provide less bounce and rebound. They have softer outer coverage and feature non-marking capabilities to protect the ground.
Futsal Balls: These balls are designed for playing indoors on hard surfaces. They are smaller, heavier, and have less bounce for better control and precise passing.
Other Ball Types: There are several other types of footballs, like beach balls, mini balls, and specially designed balls with brand logos or designs.
List of the Top 10 Footballs in India
Nivia Storm Football
Ideal for training and recreational purposes, this Nivia Storm Football bears a colourful design for enhanced visibility in the game. It is one of the top choices for footballers and features a 32-panel universal design. It comes in size 5, which makes it ideal for everyone above the age of 11.
|Ratings||3.9 out of 5|
Prominent Features of the Nivia Storm Football:
- This football is constructed with a rubberised mould, which is suitable for playing on hard ground, artificial grass, and even wet and grassy surfaces
- The butyl bladder offers higher bounce and lasting air to keep the shape retained till the game lasts
- Abrasion-resistant top rubber layer and reinforced fabric layer in the mould make it an extremely durable football
- It has long-lasting air and shape retention to maintain a consistent game
- Suitable for different surfaces
- Multiple colour options
- Not a good choice for professional players
Vector X Street Soccer Football
Looking for the best footballs under 500 for your training sessions? This pick is a bang for your buck with its impressive features at an affordable price. It is a standard-size, rubberized moulded football that is a perfect choice for training purposes. This ball is made with durable material and is both stylish and sturdy for an excellent user experience.
|Ratings||3.9 out of 5|
Prominent Features of the Vector X Street Soccer Football:
- It is crafted with premium moulded rubber and embossed tyre, making it suitable for playing on rigid surfaces as well
- This ball has a strong bladder to maintain the pressure efficiently and prevent it from air-leakage or inadequate air-filling
- It is a water-resistant ball with a strong rubber outer body to use in all weather conditions
- Tight valves of this ball ensure that no leaks occur while you enjoy a game
- For hard and soft surfaces
- Thread winding
- Multiple colour options
- Tyre texture
- Rubber gets sticky when not in use
- It is too hard to play barefoot
Also, we have curated a list of the best football streaming apps to get you some much-needed help.
Nivia Spinner Football
From the house of Nivia, this colourful football bears a 32-panel universal design. One of the best footballs under 500, this machine-stitched football is ideal for beginners and recreational purposes. The outer surface of the ball is covered with foamed PVC sheet that adds to its life and makes it good for long-lasting use.
|Material||Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)|
Prominent Features of the Nivia Spinner Football:
- It is constructed with a reinforced fabric layer for better shape retention even after prolonged use
- The core is made of a synthetic rubber bladder for greater retention of air while playing the game
- It has a butyl bladder within the ball that keeps it sealed and adds to its durability
- Appropriate for very young children of age 12 or below who want to learn the game
- Perfect for grassy grounds
- Made in India
- Nicely stitched
- Valve quality can be improved
Cosco Hurricane Football
Cosco Hurricane Football is a popular football manufactured by Cosco, a renowned Indian sports equipment brand. This ball features a traditional panel design with an inner bladder made of butyl rubber that ensures maximum air retention and constant bounce. It is also quite durable and appropriate for both training sessions and leisurely play.
|Ratings||4.1 out of 5|
Prominent Features of the Cosco Hurricane Football:
- This ball has a simple design that offers aerodynamic stability with outstanding grip and performance
- It is a water-resistant ball with rubberized moulded construction and strong nylon winding
- The ball is made of high-quality synthetic leather that provides durability, accuracy, and precision during gameplay
- Attractive design
- Excellent build
- Quality stitching
- Reasonably priced
- Not the perfect choice for heavy or rough use
Nivia Trainer Synthetic Football
If you are looking for a vibrant, eye-catching, and easily visible football, this one from Nivia is a great buy. It has a universal 32-panel design and is available in three different sizes, 3, 4, and 5. This ball features a rubberized-stitched construction, which makes it highly durable and ideal for training days.
|Ratings||3.9 out of 5|
Prominent Features of the Nivia Trainer Synthetic Football:
- The core of this ball is made of a latex bladder that offers high bounce for an outstanding performance
- It has a reinforced multi-fabric layer and durable outer cover for abrasion-resistant and better shape retention
- This hand-stitched ball is a perfect choice for hard ground without grass, wet & grassy ground, and artificial turf
- High-quality product
- Waterproof ball
- Excellent rebound
- Easy to maintain
- Some have experienced fading of the colour
Adidas UCL Finale 19 Capitano Ball
Adidas is a renowned manufacturer of a variety of quality footballs for practising strikes or enjoying the game on any type of playing surface. This UCL Finale 19 Capitano Ball by this brand is a machine-stiched ball that has a soft touch and offers high durability.
|Ratings||4.6 out of 5|
Prominent Features of the Adidas UCL Finale 19 Capitano Ball:
- This ball has a hard-wearing TPU cover that ensures excellent performance and long-lasting use
- It features a 32-panel construction that ensures consistent flight and good ball control on the field
- The design of the ball has iconic stars and colours that are associated with the UEFA Champions League
- It comes in multiple colour options like white, blue, black, and gold metallic
- Extremely durable
- Eye-catching design
- Great air retention
- It requires inflation before you use
Cosco Rio Football
Cosco is a sports brand that offers various sports products and accessories. If you have been looking for the best footballs for kids, this offering by Cosco is just what you need. This Rio Football by Cosco is a small-sized ball that comes with an inflating needle. A perfect choice for indoors or on grassy surfaces, this ball is a great gift for kids.
|Material||Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)|
Prominent Features of the Cosco Rio Football:
- It is machine stitched football that has excellent form stability and retains a lot of air
- This football is lightweight yet tough with a top PVC layer, nylon winding, and butyl bladder
- The ball has a diameter of 20 cm with a circumference of 7.9 inches, which makes it ideal for kids
- Value for money football
- It has a smooth body
- Stitches do not fall out easily
- Bladder needs improvement
Adidas CONEXT 19 Capitano Football
Adidas is a German multinational firm that designs and manufactures shoes, clothes, and accessories. This football is designed taking inspiration from the Tricolor ball that fired France to the world title in 98. Providing both style and good performance at the same time, this ball is a go-to choice for casual games and kickabouts.
|Ratings||4.4 out of 5|
Prominent Features of the Adidas CONEXT 19 Capitano Football:
- This machine-stitched ball is constructed with 100% TPU to deliver a soft touch and excellent durability
- The butyl bladder keeps it in the best of its shape for a superior game
- It is one of the best footballs, but slightly more expensive than its market counterparts
- This ball is available in three colours: Raw White, Active Red, and Raw Sand
- Great construction
- High-quality material
- Well designed
- Less availability at offline stores
Vector X THUNDER Football
Vector is a reputed brand in the sports industry that offers revolutionary equipment for various sports like football, basketball, racket sports, swimming, table tennis, etc. While it has a range of products, the expertise lies in football. This X THUNDER Football by this brand is a superior thread hand-sewn ball for unmatched performance on the field.
|Ratings||4.2 out of 5|
Prominent Features of the Vector X THUNDER Football:
- This ball is engineered with a shiny rubber surface and enables a smooth glide with a precise rebound
- The durable four-layer polyester fabric gives it a consistent feel and helps maintain the ball’s air pressure and uniform shape
- Comes in abstract and appealing patterns that make it look pleasing and visible both in low and bright light
- Good for all weathers
- FIFA approved
- High abrasion resistance
- Requires inflation
If you are looking for an all-weather, waterproof football, this one from Senston is a perfect choice. It offers classic craftsmanship with 12 regular pentagonal and 20 hexagons. Also, it features high safety and water resistance and is a worthy investment for beginners.
|Ratings||4.4 out of 5|
Prominent Features of the Senston Football:
- This ball is wrapped with high-strength nylon fabric and covered with quality, non-slip, and durable PU material
- Available in eye-catching designs and six different colours that make it grab everyone’s attention
- The ball has high elastic thick foaming EVA material for a soft touch and comfortable playing without hurting your feet
- Wear-resistant material
- Suitable for rainy days
- For indoor and outdoor use
- Not suitable for a professional gameplay
- It is a bit expensive
What size of football do you need?
This is one of the most common questions that might strike your mind while picking a football. Choosing the right size is important to enjoy the game to the fullest. Here are some general guidelines for picking the correct football size:
Size 3: This is the smallest size of a football, perfect for children under the age of 8. Balls of this size are lighter in weight and easier to handle; hence, they are ideal for young players. Playing with this size of the ball helps develop skills and gain confidence in controlling the ball.
Size 4: This is the size of the football that is perfect for older youth players, typically between the ages of 8 and 14. The balls of this size are slightly larger and heavier, which makes them perfect for practising.
Size 5: This is the largest and standard size of a football, which is ideal for adult and professional players. The balls of this size are usually played by footballers of age 14 and above. They are the largest and heaviest amongst others and offer performance and durability.
Football is one of the most essential components of the game, and choosing the right product is important to enhance your performance and overall experience. The above-mentioned are the 10 best footballs in India that are picked on the basis of their quality, construction, and user experience. Whether you’re an aspiring player, a seasoned athlete, or simply looking for a quality ball, these options are great to consider. While Nivia Storm Football, Cosco Hurricane Football, and Adidas UCL Finale 19 Capitano Ball are our utmost favourites, do let us know which ones you like the most.
Which brand is best for football?
Nike, Adidas, and Cosco are some of the best football brands.
Which football material is best?
A mixture of PVC and Rubber football material is best.
Which football is better: Nivia or Cosco?
Both Nivia and Cosco offer good quality football, but Cosco footballs are lightweight, and hence, they are a great choice, especially for beginners.
What are the different types of stitches in a football?
Hand Sewn, Hybrid Stitch, Machine Stitch, Thermal Bonded, and Cross Stitch are some of the common types of stitches in a football.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
CashKaro reviews are meticulously curated by taking into account the positions of the brands along with the utility and features of their products. Every review goes through several steps of assessment to make sure that you get the best product recommendations. Like other reviews, this list of the best footballs in India is curated by analysing several factors. We follow stringent review policies to ensure that you won’t find any shady products on the list. We hope you find our recommendations helpful in making an informed purchase decision.