Gone are the days when you had to go to dry cleaners to make sure that your favorite clothes looked brand new every time. Garment steamers are sophisticated versions of their traditional handheld counterparts. The best garment steamers are equipped with impressive features to remove tough creases, de-wrinkle, and even eliminate germs and odors from your favorite occasion wear.
To help you discover the best garment steamers for your occasion wear, we have listed the ones we love and recommend.
|Our Top Picks||Check Prices on Amazon|
|Inalsa Garment Steamer||Check Prices|
|Inalsa Steam Master||Check Prices|
|Philips Handheld Steamer||Check Prices|
|Usha Techne Direct Garment Steamer||Check Prices|
How to Choose the Best Garment Steamers?
Remove creases from a wide variety of fabrics effortlessly and quickly with the help of a good garment steamer. A garment steamer cuts the high costs of dry cleaners and delivers a professional, smooth finish to your fabrics. Check out our list of the best garment steamers, handpicked by our experts, but before that, know what factors you should consider while buying a steamer for yourself.
Steam variable setting: A garment steamer should have a steam variable setting so that you can adjust the steam output. Different fabrics need different settings for removing wrinkles.
Water tank capacity: The water tank capacity should be adequate for your requirement. A large water tank will be able to provide continuous steaming.
Types of water tanks: Check whether the garment steamer has a removable or non-removable water tank. It would be best to buy one with a removable water tank as it will be easy for you to clean and fill.
Longer cord: Check if your steamer is cord-free or has a longer cord to reach every corner of the fabric.
The weight of the machine: Check for a garment steamer that is lightweight which will make it easier for you to operate the machine. If you choose a heavier machine with a large water tank, check if it has hangers for clothes so that you can steam-iron the clothes on the machine itself.
Automatic turn-off feature: Auto turn-off technology should be present in the garment steamer. This feature helps the machine shut down automatically if it gets dry or runs out of water.
Suitable for all clothing materials: Get a garment steamer that can work on all materials like silk, nylon, cotton, etc. It will be a problem solver for every fabric type and heavy or light clothes.
Wattage: Considering the garment steamer’s wattage will help you balance energy consumption and electric bill.
Heat-up time: Check the heat-up time and try to choose a garment steamer with a quick heat-up time.
List of The Top 8 Garment Steamers in India
On this page:
- 1. Inalsa Garment Steamer
- 2. Inalsa Steam Master
- 3. Philips Handheld Steamer
- 4. Philips EasyTouch Plus Garment Steamer
- 5. Usha Techne Direct Garment Steamer
- 6. WisTec Garment Steamer
- 7. Rossman Garment Steamer
- 8. Agaro Prime Garment Steamer
- How should you use a steamer every time?
- What is the use of a garment steamer?
- What features to look for in a garment steamer?
- Can steam on clothes damage it?
- What are the convenient watts that a garment steamer uses?
1. Inalsa Garment Steamer
Bring home this handy garment steamer from Inalsa to ensure you get wrinkle-free clothes every time. Equipped with rapid even heat technology, this garment steamer easily glides across your favorite occasion wear. Utilizing 600 W, this ironing solution offers a powerful continuous steam flow to efficiently remove the most stubborn creases.
Prominent features of Inalsa Garment Steamer
- It is easy to use and handy
- Comes with a detachable fabric brush for thick garments
- It can be used on a variety of fabrics, be it clothes, bed sheets,s or curtains
- It comes with dry boiling protection
- Over-heat protection shuts off the machine automatically when there is no water
- The transparent water tank is easy to fill and use
- Its variable steam output functions well on various types of clothing
- It comes with great heat-up time and easy movement
- Kills germs on clothes
- Vertical steam flow
- Easy-grip handle
- Travel friendly
- It may take a long time to iron large size clothes
- Less water capacity
Why we picked Inalsa Garment Steamer?
The Inalsa Garment steamer is a great solution for those who need a quick and easy fix for ironing their clothes. The iron is pretty easy to fill with water and use. However, due to lesser water capacity, it can’t be used continuously for long.
2. Inalsa Steam Master
Ensure professional results every time you de-wrinkle your favorite occasion wear with the Inalsa Steam Master garment steamer. This powerful and convenient garment steamer produces strong and consistent steam consuming 1600 W to remove wrinkles from various fabrics. It heats up in 45 seconds and offers a hassle-free ironing experience.
- It provides vertical steam that irons efficiently
- It has a transparent and detachable water tank that shows the water level
- Its 360-degree rotating hanger makes it easy to reach everywhere
- Its variable steam output functions well on various types of clothing
- One can adjust the pole height
- It comes with great heat-up time and easy movement
- It has Auto Shut-off and Boil Dry Protection that provides complete safety
- It comes with proper accessories
- 360-degree rotating hanger
- 4 steam levels
- Dry boiling and overheat protection
- It is a bit pricey
Why we picked the Inalsa Steam Master?
One of the best garment steamers, this steamer is endowed with a 1500 ml tank and four steam levels that work for a wider array of fabrics. It also features auto-shutoff protection, which automatically stops when it becomes too hot, or the water level inside is too low. It also comes with an integrated adjustable pole for hanging your garments, a specially designed 360-degree folding swivel hanger, and a hand glove. It can be used to steam and iron your shirts, pants, suits, jackets, gowns, sarees, and even denim with complete ease.
3. Philips Handheld Steamer
Take the best care of your fabrics with the help of this garment steamer from Philips. Whether it is embroidered, pleated, multi-layered, or other kinds of intricately designed garments, this garment steamer will have you covered. Featuring an ergonomic design, this handheld device is a lightweight pick.
Prominent features of Philips Handheld Steamer
- Comes with a hanger and trouser clip for hanging all garments
- It has an adjustable double-pole to hang your clothes
- The heating is instant, and it comes with hassle-free maintenance
- The steamer provides powerful continuous steam that easily removes wrinkles
- Ergonomic design
- Smart flow heated plate
- 2.5 m long power cord
- 70 ml water tank
Why we picked Philips Handheld Steamer?
One of the best garment steamers, this steamer sports a unique smart flow heated plate for efficient steaming in both vertical and horizontal directions. Consuming 1200 W, this handheld garment steamer emits continuous steam and kills nearly 99.99% of germs, making your clothes fresh and germ-free. The Philips steamer’s instant heating and long power cord features make it easier for you to iron your clothes. It is also low maintenance.
4. Philips EasyTouch Plus Garment Steamer
The Philips EasyTouch Plus Garment Steamer smoothens wrinkles conveniently without any burns. From embroidered, pleated, multi-layered, to intricately designed lehengas, to khadi kurtas, this garment steamer with a large steam plate does it all. It comes with an adjustable double pole, support mat, and a hanger to ensure smooth ironing. Here you can also check best steam irons & cloth drying stands for your home.
Prominent features of Philips EasyTouch Plus Garment Steamer
- The steamer is easy to use and safe on all fabrics
- Offers de-scaling and is easy to clean
- The powerful wattage capacity of 1600 W enables fast crease removal
- Accessories like gloves and a brush is included
- 1600 ml water tank
- Variable steam settings
- De-calc feature
- Requires storage space
- A bit high on price
Why we picked Philips EasyTouch Plus Garment Steamer?
Consuming 1600 W, this steamer heats up in less than a minute. The five variable steam levels help in the removal of creases from a variety of fabrics with ease. The large 1600 ml water tank comes with a de-calc feature to descale and ensure long-lasting usage. This Philips steamer has horizontal & vertical steaming feature, ensuring all-round ironing. It is safe on all ironable fabrics and the continuous steam flow pulls odour and destroys 99.9% of bacteria.
5. Usha Techne Direct Garment Steamer
Built with ABS plastic and boasting impressive features, this USHA Techne Direct garment steamer is a reliable option when it comes to the best garment steamers. It features a non-stick PTFE coated soleplate with a tubular element and shock-proof plastic handle for safe ironing. The compact and lightweight design is a bonus that makes it a good option as an on the go ironing solution.
Prominent features of Usha Techne Direct Garment Steamer
- Consumes 920 W and produces powerful steam upto 21 g in every minute
- The vertical steam easily removes wrinkles without needing an ironing board
- There is an overheat auto shutoff feature for complete safety
- The steamer comes with a 1.8 m long 360-degree swivel power cord for easy movement
- The steamer has a detachable fabric brush to remove any lint
- Non-stick PTFE coated soleplate
- Shockproof handle
- Indicator Lamp
- 1.8 m long 360-degree swivel cord
- The higher price point for a handheld steamer
Why we picked Usha Techne Direct Garment Steamer?
The addition of a vertical steam feature makes it convenient to de-wrinkle clothes without an ironing board. This steamer delivers a powerful steam output to ensure your clothes are completely free from germs alongside wrinkles. Additionally, the detachable brush works efficiently to remove lint from your favorite outfits while ironing. It is equipped with an overheat shut-off and thermostat that automatically switches off the iron after reaching the required temperature. It also comes with an LED indicator that lets you know when the iron is ready to use.
6. WisTec Garment Steamer
This garment steamer by WisTec lets you iron on vertical as well as horizontal angles. It consumes 1000 W and delivers a powerful steam output in just 40 seconds that irons out the toughest wrinkles offering professional results. The stainless steel headplate works well as an iron and a steamer on all kinds of fabrics.
Prominent features of WisTec Garment Steamer
- Continuous steaming feature for 20-25 minuntes makes it more in demand
- It is a portable garment steamer with a 1500 W capacity to produce strong steam of 22 g in every minute
- The tank capacity is 260 ml
- It also comes with a jet lock and unlock system
- Sturdy grip
- High-temperature resistant build
- Multipurpose usage – iron, humidify, wrinkle-removal, dust-removal, and sterilise
- Not as such
Why we picked the WisTec Garment Steamer?
The detachable 260 ml water tank makes it compact and feasible for travel purposes. This steamer has an inbuilt auto shut-off protection that shuts the system when the water level gets too low or when the unit becomes too hot. This wonderful garment steamer comes with an ergonomically designed handle so that the users can have a comfortable and sturdy grip and avoid accidents in the process.
7. Rossman Garment Steamer
Give your clothes a crisp, clean look with this handheld garment steamer by Rossman. It is equipped with unique leak-proof technology and prevents water from spilling when in use. Heats up in just 25 seconds consuming 1500 W; this garment steamer allows you to iron your clothes vertically and horizontally.
Prominent features of Rossman Garment Steamer
- Has a high heating capacity which helps sanitize and de-wrinkle clothes
- Can be used on drapery and curtains, tablecloths, upholstery, bedding, toys, etc.
- Has an automatic shut-down system that gets activated whenever the steamer is highly heated
- The steamer is portable and certified by Electrical Testing Laboratories in compliance with North American safety standards
- Has a 2-in-1 fabric and lint brush to give deep cleaning
- Portable design
- Auto shut-down
- Quick heating in 25 seconds
- It May be difficult to use
Why we picked the Rossman Garment Steamer?
This ironing machine on our list of best garment steamers can be used on various fabrics, including cotton, silk, linen, polyester wear, and other common weaves such as upholstery, bedding and curtains. Additionally, it features an automatic shut-down system as a safety mechanism when very high temperature or low water level is detected.
8. Agaro Prime Garment Steamer
Steam your clothes to perfection with this budget-friendly option by Agaro Prime on our list of best garment steamers. It employs express even heat technology and consumes a power of 800 W. Its large-sized nozzle helps achieve a smooth ironing experience in both vertical and horizontal directions.
Prominent features of Agaro Prime Garment Steamer
- The steamer is powered with 800 W to give wrinkle-free clothes in a few minutes
- Its even heat distribution technology delivers outstanding performance
- The 18g per minute automated steam flow gives you quick results
- It has dry boiling protection and auto cut off system to control any damage
- With a water tank of 100 ml capacity, it delivers vertical & horizontal steaming
- Suitable for all fabrics, clothes, and curtains made of satin, nylon, blends, cotton, polyester, silk, wool, linen, sequins, etc.
- Amazing safety features
- Detachable fabric brush
- 100 ml water tank
Why we picked the Agaro Prime Garment Steamer?
The detachable fabric brush helps you with bulky garments and removes dust and another residue from the clothes. Additionally, it comes with an inbuilt safety protocol in the form of dry boiling protection and an auto-shutoff thermostat feature to prevent overheating.
Clothing steamers use water to create moisture or steam as an input to perform their functions. All of them come with an inbuilt tank to store water. The primary objective of all steamers is to clear up all the wrinkles and gathers in your clothes. We have added a few top products and our favorites have to be the ones from Inalsa. Do check out other brands and choose the one that suits you best.
How should you use a steamer every time?
To begin steam ironing, you should have your clothes hanging. This will enable the clothes to be wrinkle-free easily.
What is the use of a garment steamer?
A clothes steamer uses a hand-held component connected to a water reservoir to direct hot steam onto clothing or household items, such as draperies. The steam flow on the fabric removes the wrinkles and makes them ready to wear.
What features to look for in a garment steamer?
You should look for its water tank capacity, wattage, design, steaming patterns, auto-shut-off feature, etc.
Can steam on clothes damage it?
Steam ironing is an effective and quick way to remove wrinkles and get the clothes ready to wear, but some fabrics like velvet can get ruined with steam.
What are the convenient watts that a garment steamer uses?
Steamers with large water tanks and the highest wattage are used mainly by professionals such as dry cleaners and sewists. Depending upon your usage, you can pick garment steamers using 600 W – 1000 W or more for domestic use.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
At CashKaro, we strive to provide quality information that can help you make an easy purchase. For this garment steamer blog, we have researched the best products on various factors and listed out the topmost brands that suit everyone’s needs. These products also have good ratings on Amazon, making them trustworthy picks.