If you suffer from inexplicable hair loss, choosing a shampoo can get tricky. You need a product that is mild on your hair but still effective enough to nourish the roots. While the best shampoos for hair loss do their job, they also make the hair really dry with their strong ingredients. What you need, is a moisturizing shampoo, with ingredients that are gentle yet fight hair loss. All these factors can be found together only in a herbal shampoo. A herbal shampoo not only helps reduce hair fall but also nourishes your hair thus making them stronger. We have not only mentioned our picks of best herbal shampoos for hair fall, we have also reviewed them for you.
Check out the best herbal shampoo for hair fall in India that stop hair fall from the roots and give you strong hair, along with their reviews below.
Best Herbal Shampoos For Hair Fall Control With Ratings And Prices
1. Himalaya Herbals Anti-Hairfall Shampoo
Himalaya Herbals Anti-Hairfall Shampoo improves the hair texture to reduce hair fall due to breakage. The herbs Butea Frondosa and Bhringaraja stimulate hair follicle growth and are effective in strengthening hair roots and controlling hair fall. The shampoo has a breakthrough formula that nourishes the hair roots and offers strength to weakened hair.
- Herbal ingredients are gentle on the hair
- Makes the hair stronger
- Hair follicles are stimulated to increase the hair growth rate
- Does not contain sulphates, silicones or parabens
- Not enough lather
- Can be drying for hair that is already dry
- Hair gets tangled and rough after wash
2. Patanjali Kesh Kanti Shikakai Hair Cleanser
Patanjali Kesh Kanti Shikakai Hair Cleanser is an Ayurvedic shampoo that predominantly is made out of Shikakai as its key ingredient. Shikakai which has a lot of benefits is a recommended herbal element for hair growth. The vitamins and minerals in this ingredient make the hair grow faster and make it visibly healthy. By making the hair stronger from the root, this herbal shampoo prevents hair fall. Besides Shikakai, the other ingredients in the shampoo are Bringraj (Eclipa alba), Hibiscus, Sugarcane and walnut.
- Gives smooth and soft hair
- Moisturizes the scalp
- Removes excess oil from the scalp
- Reduces hair fall due to breakage
- Small amount required for wash
- Contains silicones and sulphates
3. WOW Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo
WOW Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo is powered by unpasteurized Apple Cider Vinegar, Argan Oil, and Sweet Almond Oil. The combination of these detoxifies scalp and hair. It brings silkiness, gloss, and strength to the hair thus helping hair to regrow.
- 100% pure unrefined, unfiltered and unpasteurized use of Apple Cider Vinegar
- It keeps a check on flakiness and dandruff apart from playing a major role in strengthening the roots
- This shampoo helps make your hair glossy and shiny
- Helps detoxify the scalp by clearing up the dust, pollution, dead cells and styling products.
- Contains no harmful Sulphates and Parabens.
- Hair gets entangled. Hence, not suitable for dry hair.
- A conditioner is a must, post using this shampoo.
- Foul apple cider smell
4. Biotique Bio Kelp Fresh Growth Shampoo
Biotique Bio Kelp Fresh Growth Shampoo is a mixture of pure kelp, natural proteins, peppermint oil and mint leaf extract. It gently cleanses hair and invigorates the scalp for fresh growth and healthier shine, thus entering our list of herbal shampoo for hair fall.
- Lends lustre to the hair
- Stops hair fall
- Does not have a drying effect
- Kelp and protein make the hair stronger and less prone to breakage
- Makes the hair bouncy by adding volume
- Does not contain sulphates or parabens
- Thoroughly cleanses the scalp
- Does not treat frizziness
- Does not lather well
5. VLCC Hair Fall Repair Shampoo
VLCC Hair Fall Repair Shampoo is enriched with Khus and coconut oil, that penetrates the scalp and fixes hair fall from the roots. The shampoo conditions the hair while leaving it silky soft. The hydrolysed keratin helps in restoring hair health by minimising the damage. The unique ingredients make it one of the best herbal shampoos for hair fall control.
- Makes hair bouncy and shiny
- Significantly reduces hair fall
- Cleanses the scalp
- Keeps hair tangle free
- Pleasant fragrance
- Dries hair; follow up with conditioner is a must
- Bottle is bulky
6. Organix Thick & Full Biotin & Collagen Shampoo
Organix Thick & Full Biotin & Collagen Shampoo helps to add volume to hair. It comes infused with vitamin B7. Many dermatologists prescribe vitamin B7 biotin for hair growth. This shampoo contains Biotin as well as collagen which not only reduces hair fall to promote growth but also make the hair appear fuller and thicker. Moreover, the hydrolysed wheat proteins strengthen hair and make them look thicker.
- Adds volume and thickness to hair
- Contains hydrolyzed wheat protein which makes hair healthier
- Works well on dry and weak hair
- Does not dry hair
- Free of sulphates
- Pleasing fragrance of vanilla and white milk chocolate
- Contains parabens
- Big bottle that is not very travel-friendly
- Expensive and not available only at limited outlets in India
7. Vaadi Herbals Amla Shikakai Shampoo
Vaadi Herbals Amla Shikakai Shampoo contains amla which strengthens hair along with reetha and shikakai which promotes growth. The shampoo’s triple action formula strengthens scalp and hair roots while deep conditioning the hair.
- Strengthens hair and makes it less prone to breakage
- Makes hair soft and smooth
- SLS free
- Effectively cleanses scalp and hair
- Shampoo consistency is too thick and it gets difficult to spread
- Cannot repair split ends and cure itchy scalp
8. Forest Essentials Bhringraj & Shikakai Hair Cleanser
Forest Essentials Bhringraj & Shikakai Hair Cleanser is actually a hair spray that controls loss of hair, breakage while promoting growth. Shikakai and Bhringraj are nourishing ingredients for hair care. They make hair stronger, shinier, longer and healthier. It works on brittle hair to make it stronger.
- Thoroughly cleanses hair and scalp
- Nourishes scalp and prevents hair fall
- Makes hair stronger
- Promotes hair regrowth
- Prevents hair damage and breakage
- Free from SLS and parabens
Does not get rid of dandruffBuy Now
9. Trichup Hair Fall Control Shampoo
Trichup Hair Fall Control Shampoo contains Japa and Shikakai, both potent hair fall fighters. This Ayurvedic product helps in preventing premature hair fall while nourishing hair follicles. They also fight dandruff and promote hair regrowth. It is one of the best herbal shampoos for hair fall and dandruff.
- Mild on hair and scalp
- No SLS, Parabens or harmful chemicals
- Pleasant fragrance
- Contains Vitamin B12 which strengthens hair
- Moisturizes hair to prevent hair damage
- Hair quality increases
- Hair fall is significantly reduced right from the first wash
- As it is too mild, it cannot remove oil from hair effectively
10. Sesa Hair Protein Shampoo
Sesa Hair Protein Shampoo contains green apple, sunflower oil, avocado oil, and Vitamins E and C. These natural ingredients strengthen hair from the roots to prevent hair fall. The shampoo also reduces scaliness, adds volume and lustre to hair while protecting hair from harmful UV rays.
- Reduces hair fall
- Gives hair added volume
- Pleasant fragrance
- Adds shine to dull hair
- Thoroughly cleanses hair and scalp
- Ph balanced hence can be used every day
- Treats Pruritus and Seborrheic Dermatitis
- Shampoo consistency is a bit too thick
Start using one of these shampoos and you will be able to stop hair fall in a matter of weeks. Good luck!
Top 5 Herbal Shampoos to Get Rid of Hair Fall – Full Comparison with Ratings (2020)
|Best Herbal Shampoos for Hair Fall||Best For||Rating|
|Himalaya Herbals Anti-Hairfall Shampoo||Hair Growth||4.1/5|
|Patanjali Kesh Kanti Shikakai Hair Cleanser||Moisturizes Scalp||4.1/5|
|WOW Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo||Detoxifies Scalp||3.7/5|
|Biotique Bio Kelp Fresh Growth Shampoo||Adds Shine||4.0/5|
|VLCC Hair Fall Repair Shampoo||Minimizes Damage||3.7/5|
Frequently Asked Questions About the Best Herbal Shampoos for Hair Fall (FAQs)
Which is the best anti hair fall shampoo?
There are many anti hair fall shampoos available in the market. Himalaya Herbals Anti-Hairfall Shampoo, Patanjali Kesh Kanti Shikakai Hair Cleanser, VLCC Hair Fall Repair Shampoo are some of the best anti hair fall shampoos.
What shampoo helps with hair loss?
Shampoos that contain natural ingredients such as Ayurvedic elements, biotin etc help with the hair loss problem. Some of the shampoos containing these and other natural ingredients that help with hair loss are Organix Thick & Full Biotin & Collagen Shampoo, Forest Essentials Bhringraj & Shikakai Hair Cleanser, Sesa Hair Protein Shampoo and many more such shampoos.
Is Himalaya Anti-hair fall shampoo good for hair?
Himalaya Anti-hair fall shampoo contains a breakthrough formula that contains herbs Butea Frondosa and Bhringaraja that stimulate hair follicle growth and are effective in strengthening hair roots and controlling hair fall. Hence, Himalaya anti hair fall shampoo is definitely good for hair.
Can shampoo make your hair fall out?
Shampoos, per se cannot make your hair fall out. However, some chemical laden shampoos can dry your hair and aggravate conditions like frizz and hair fall.
Is Pantene shampoo good for hair fall?
Pantene shampoo for hair fall control is a decent shampoo that cleanses the scalp and removes excess oil from hair. Though, Pantene shampoo can be used as a cleansing agent, its hair fall control efficacy is still debated.
Is Tresemme shampoo good for hair fall?
Tresemme Hairfall Defense Shampoo gives strength to hair and prevents hair fall due to breakage. The shampoo’s advanced quality ingredients give longer, stronger and a more manageable mane.
Similar Stories That Will Interest You
- Tresemme Shampoo For Hair Fall
- Patanjali Shampoo For Hair Fall
- Himalaya Anti-Hair Fall Shampoo
- Loreal Shampoo For Hair Fall