Milk is an important part of our diet, especially if you are a vegetarian looking for good sources of protein. It is a high-quality protein source that provides all nine necessary amino acids – isoleucine, histidine, leucine, methionine, lysine, phenylalanine, tryptophan, threonine, and valine; the best milk brands usually offer these nutrients. It can also aid in reducing age-related loss of muscle mass and promoting muscle restoration.
Milk is high in nutrients such as vitamins, protein, minerals, antioxidants, and healthy fats. Keep in mind that the nutritional value of this food might vary based on a variety of circumstances. There is also an option for non-dairy milk for individuals who do not choose to consume dairy milk. Here we have sorted the list of top dairy and non-dairy milk brands available in India, providing the best quality products.
Our Top Picks
How Do We Choose the Best Milk Brands for You?
Nothing beats a cold glass of milk after a hot day or a warm cup that puts you right to sleep at night. In India, you can get good quality milk ranging from Rs 57 to Rs 420, depending on your need and budget. Here are some common factors that helped us choose the best milk brands in India.
High-quality milk doesn’t just taste great but also keeps your health in check. We have added cow and buffalo milk that’s rich, creamy, and very healthy for all age groups. The milk options are rich in calcium, vitamins, good fats, and proteins that benefit your body in numerous ways. Moreover, all the products mentioned here are easily digestible.
We have a variety of full fat, low fat, skimmed, toned, double toned, and standardised milk to cater to everyone. The milk is processed using the best methods available in India, so you only get good quality.
List of the Top 11 Milk Brands in India
Amul is a milk and general dairy products brand of Gujarat-based Indian dairy cooperative society founded by Tribhuvandas Patel in 1946. It is one of the largest milk and milk product producing companies in India. The Amul brand offers a variety of dairy products such as milk, ghee, curd, butter, ice cream, cheese, paneer, chocolates, and more. Here you can also check types of oats.
Prominent Features of the Amul Lactose-Free Milk:
- Healthy lactose-free milk with only 0.01% lactose content
- Enriched with protein, calcium, vitamins
- Pre-digested lactose helps in easy digestion
- Comes in a tetra pack
- Weighs 250 grams
- Highly nutritious
- 100% vegetarian
- Has a good consistency
- Might not suit everyone
Why We Picked the Amul Lactose-Free Milk?
Amul lactose-free milk is appropriate for persons who are allergic to dairy by nature or who have developed an intolerance to regular milk or milk products.
Mother Dairy is an Indian brand founded in 1974. It is the division of the National Dairy Development Board, under the government of India’s Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying. Mother dairy manufactures, markets, and sells milk and milk products, including milk, ghee, paneer, ice cream, and more.
Prominent Features of the Mother Dairy Toned Milk:
- The pack contains healthy homogenised milk
- Has a great taste and consistency
- It can be consumed by people of all age groups
- Comes in a secure tetra packaging
- Weighs 1 kg
- Superior quality milk
- Creamy and rich texture
- Easy to digest
Why We Picked the Mother Dairy Toned Milk?
Mother Dairy’s toned milk is an excellent way to begin your day. It’s a terrific combination of health and flavour that’s suitable for people of all ages to consume.
Nestle is a Switzerland-based International food and drinks brand founded in 1866. It is the world’s leading food company based on its revenue and other metrics. The company is present in 191 countries with more than 2000 brands. Nestle offer a variety of food and dairy products across the globe.
Prominent Features of the Nestle a+ Slim Skimmed Milk:
- One of the best milk options for weight watchers
- Contains 0.2% fat per 200 ml
- Doesn’t need to be boiled; it can be consumed straight from the carton
- Has the goodness of protein and calcium
- Weighs 1 litre
- No preservatives
- Undergoes multiple quality checks
- Might not smell the best
Why We Picked the Nestle a+ Slim Skimmed Milk?
Nestle a+ Slim Milk is an important step in keeping fit and looking good. Nestle Slim Milk tastes the same as ordinary milk but has 95% less fat when compared to cow milk. This has protein and calcium with zero added preservatives.
Kwality Ltd is a New Delhi-headquartered Indian dairy products company founded in 1992. The company produces a range of dairy products which includes milk, butter, ghee, cheese, dahi, yoghurt, and more. Kwality is listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange as a public limited company.
Prominent Features of the Kwality Toned Milk:
- Healthy milk that’s rich in calcium and protein
- Has a good blend of taste and health
- Comes in a secure tetra packaging
- Weighs 200 ml
- Super nutritious
- Ideal for fitness enthusiasts
Why We Picked the Kwality Fresh Cream Milk?
It is one of the fast-growing private dairy companies with innovative and quality dairy products. Kwality milk is enriched with vitamins A and D. Moreover, it has great taste, texture, and flavour.
Go Milk is a dairy product offered by Parag Milk Foods. It is an Indian company founded in 1992 by Devendra Shah. It manufactures, markets, and sells milk and dairy products. According to Forbes India, it is the second-largest cheese maker in India. Parag Milk Foods has various brands such as Gowardhan, Go, Pride of Cows, and Topp Up.
Prominent Features of the Go Buttermilk:
- This buttermilk is a great source of proteins, potassium and B vitamins
- Filled with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants
- It tastes great and helps keep you cool on a hot day
- Helps boost immunity, improve sleep, enable hormone synthesis
- Comes in tetra packaging and weighs 200 ml
- Super healthy
- Rich in antioxidants
Why We Picked the Go Buttermilk?
With Go Buttermilk, you can enjoy the rich, creamy flavour of buttermilk. This ginger and jeera buttermilk is highly recommended for everyone who likes buttermilk.
Must Check:- Grocery offers
Happy milk is a Bengaluru-based Indian milk and dairy products company founded by Vivek Kejriwal and his daughter Mehal Kejriwal. The brand offers a range of dairy products, including milk, ghee, curd, paneer, and more. The brand claims to have more than 400 cows on its farm, which allows them to have control over the freshness and quality of milk and dairy products.
Prominent Features of the Happy Milk Organic Milk:
- Organic cow milk that’s filled with nutrition
- UHT tested milk which comes in a secure tetra pack
- Contains no antibiotics or adulterants
- Weighs 1 litre
- No preservatives
- Might not be easily available
Amirthaa Dairy is an Indian milk products company founded in 1984. The brand Amirthaa offers a range of skimmed milk powder, spiced buttermilk, and more. Amirthaa manufactures, markets, and sells milk products. It claims to use premium quality raw materials and authentic vendors to manufacture milk products.
Prominent Features of the Amirthaa Skimmed Milk Powder:
- Dissolves quickly in the water while retaining its flavour and freshness
- Has no lumps
- Skimmed milk powder that can last very long
- Comes in a packet and weighs 1 kg
- Tastes just like fresh cow milk
- Has no added sugar
- Mixes well in cold and hot water
- Might take some time to dissolve
Govind Milk and Milk Products is an Indian company founded by Sanjeevraje Naik Nimbalkar in 1998. The brand offers a range of quality dairy products such as organic milk, organic ghee, butter, paneer, curd, lassi, ice cream, and more. The brand claims to have touch-free packaging functionality, which ensures the quality sealing and packaging of milk products.
Prominent Features of the Govind Dairy Whitener:
- The Govind dairy whitener perfectly dissolves in coffee or tea, leaving it creamier, smoother, thicker, and richer
- It is created using the best quality cow milk, which is procured daily and is produced in the most hygienic settings using fully automated processes
- It can also be used to make sweets
- Comes in a packet and weighs 1 kg
- Easily soluble
- Has great taste and flavour
- Might get lumpy while mixing
Amulya is a sub-brand of Amul, which comes under the Indian dairy cooperative society. The brand offers a range of dairy whitener which contains the highest milk fat among all Indian dairy whitener brands, as claimed by the company. The products offered by Amulya come in a wide range of pack sizes, under attractive packaging and at affordable prices.
Prominent Features of the Amulya Dairy Whitener:
- The Amulya dairy whitener has a high nutritional value
- It is made using mildly skimmed milk and sugar
- Has a long shelf life
- Gives a rich and creamy texture to your beverages
- One of the best alternatives to fresh milk
- Has a great flavour and taste
- Might be a little difficult to dissolve
Vedaka is an Amazon India brand for milk, groceries, pulses, spices, lentils, teas, flours, grains, dry fruits, oils, and other such daily-use items. The brand offers a range of easy-to-use dairy creamers that can be used as a replacement for dairy milk.
Prominent Features of the Vedaka Dairy Creamer:
- This Dairy creamer by Vedaka combines fast and thoroughly without producing lumps
- It may be used in place of milk in your favourite beverages or desserts
- Also improves the flavour and creaminess of your cuisine
- Long-lasting powder that acts as a great replacement for fresh milk
- Makes beverages richer and creamier
- Tastes just like fresh milk
- Great aroma
- Some people might not like the taste
Verka is an Indian dairy company established in 1983. It is a division of the Punjab State Co-operative Milk Producers’ Federation Limited. Verka is headquartered in the Union Territory of Chandigarh. The brand offers a range of dairy products, including milk, lassi, dahi, ghee, and more.
Prominent Features of the Verka Milk:
- Verka Milk is packed and offered in a variety of flavours for the convenience of its customers, ensuring that they get fresh and wholesome milk every day
- Double-toned homogenised milk
- Filled with health and nutrition
- Comes in a tetra pack and weighs 1 litre
- Ideal for making sweets and desserts
- Secure tetra packaging
- Great taste and high nutritional value
Milk is an essential part of Indian diets and is loved by both adults and children across the country. In this article, we have listed some of the milk brands in India by considering the variety of milk they offer, nutritional prolificness, and manufacturing processes. While we really love the milk products by Amul, Mother Dairy, and Nestle, don’t forget to check out the full list to find a product that works well for you.
Which brand of milk is best?
The Amul brand of milk is one of the best in India; however, the final answer depends on your budget and location.
What type of milk is best to drink?
Natural and fresh milk is best to drink. But if you don’t have access to it, you can pick dairy whiteners as the next best option.
Which is the best milk in India?
There are various types of best milk available in India; it depends solely upon the preference of users.
Which milk has more calcium?
Milk which has low-fat content usually contains more calcium. So, go for options like skimmed, double-toned, or toned.
What is the healthiest non-dairy milk?
Almond milk is the healthiest non-dairy milk, considering the caloric content is quite low compared to other options.
Which is the best milk company in India?
Amul and Mother Dairy are some of the best milk companies in India.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
We have a team of highly-skilled researchers who study and test several products before adding them to our lists. For the milk brand blog, we have shortlisted factors such as purity, quality, taste, texture, manufacturing process, and variants to create a truly useful list for you. Our goal is to offer you the most reliable shopping suggestions so you will never find a subpar product on our lists.