All those television ads have made you understand the importance of brushing twice a day with the best toothpaste in the world. However, oral health is much more than that. The responsibility of maintaining oral hygiene requires regular brushing, flossing, and using a good mouthwash. Clean teeth and mouth are essential to keep several dental problems at bay, such as plaque and bad breath. To boost overall dental care, you need a good mouthwash, but choosing one could be a little confusing. To help you out, here are the best mouthwash brands in India for you to have healthy oral hygiene. Happy smiling!
|Our Top Recommendations||Best Prices on Amazon|
How Do We Choose the Best Mouthwash Brands For You?
The greatest approach to preventing oral health problems is to brush and floss regularly. Your results will be even better if you factor in mouthwash as well. Mouthwash is a powerful weapon in the battle against gum disease, tooth decay, and the development of strong, healthy teeth. In India, a good quality mouthwash costs anywhere between Rs 200 to Rs 2,000. Before you jump into our recommendations of the best mouthwash brands in India, take a look at the factors that helped us hand pick the best brands for you.
Many types of mouthwash and rinses include alcohol, which may be dangerous if a significant amount is purposefully consumed. If your home has school-age children or teenagers and you want to purchase one kind of mouthwash or rinse for the whole family, you may choose to select one of the alcohol-free mouthwash options that are offered. Additionally, due to the risk of addiction, some alcoholics in recovery refrain from using mouthwash containing alcohol for regular dental hygiene.
Look for a dental rinse that has anti-plaque chemicals if you want a mouthwash that not only helps to manage foul breath but also helps to prevent plaque build-up on the teeth. Ask your dentist for advice on how to use mouthwash in daily oral care if you are unsure of which mouthwash or rinse will best satisfy your oral health requirements.
Some individuals, particularly those with sensitive gums, find the chemicals in mouthwash unpleasant. Additionally, if someone is recuperating after a dental operation, they may notice that their mouths are temporarily more sensitive even though they don’t often complain of sensitive gums. Consider using an alcohol-free or natural mouthwash as part of your oral hygiene regimen if you have a sensitive mouth. Aloe vera and chamomile are two substances often seen in natural mouthwashes because of their calming properties.
16 Best Mouthwash Brands in India to Fight Dental Germs
On this page:
- 1. Colgate
- 2. Listerine
- 3. Closeup
- 4. Biotene
- 5. Himalaya
- 6. Dente91
- 7. Dabur
- 8. Oral-B
- 9. Perfora
- 10. Bioayurveda
- 11. Crest
- 12. ACT
- 13. The Mouth Company
- 14. Dr Dentaids
- 15. BlueM
- 16. Freshclor
- Final Word
- What are the best-selling mouthwash brands in India?
- Is alcohol-free mouthwash effective?
- Why do you have to wait 30 minutes after mouthwash?
- What is a natural mouthwash?
- Should you always use mouthwash?
Colgate is a leading oral hygiene brand from the US that has taken over the global market today. In India, most parents trust Colgate for their kids more than any other toothpaste brand. It was founded in the year 1873 by William Colgate and has its headquarters in New York, US. Our first pick in this list of the best mouthwashes in India is the Colgate Plax Peppermint Mouthwash.
Prominent Features of the Colgate Mouthwash:
- The Colgate Mouthwash is alcohol-free and antibacterial
- Effectively removes 99% of germs that can cause oral health problems
- When used as indicated, it is also one of the best mouthwash for cavities
- This mouthwash prevents bad breath, guards against the growth of germs, and promotes healthier gums
- The Colgate Mouthwash has a peppermint flavour that is quite cooling
- Refreshing peppermint blast
- No burning sensation
- Alcohol-free mouthwash
- Antibacterial properties
- Mouth may not stay fresh for 12 hours
Why We Picked the Colgate Mouthwash?
The Colgate Mouthwash removes more than 99% of the bacteria that cause cavities, and bad breath is eliminated by fresh mouthwash, leaving your mouth feeling cleaner and fresher than just brushing. Since this mouthwash is non-alcoholic and does not contain any alcohol, using it will not burn your mouth. With frequent use, this mouthwash provides you with all-day control over foul breath.
Launched in 1914, Listerine is a leading mouthwash brand that hails from America. The brand mainly manufactures antiseptic mouthwashes, toothpaste, chewable gums, and teeth-whitening strips. Brushing our teeth is vital, but very often, simply brushing does not ensure the total removal of bacteria and germs from the mouth. From professionals to amateurs, everyone prefers Listerine’s mouthwash since it claims to kill all bacteria that cause bad breath. One of the best mouthwash brands in India, Listerine’s cool mint mouthwash is a must-have mouthwash for every individual.
Prominent Features of the Listerine Mouthwash:
- The Listerine mouthwash is alcohol-free and can be used twice daily
- This mouthwash reaches all parts of your mouth and removes 99.9% of germs
- The mouthwash’s unique essential oil blend kills germs
- The Listerine mouthwash offers 24-hour protection against bacteria that cause gum issues, bad breath, and plaque
- It features a minty flavour that works to leave your mouth feeling clean and refreshed
- Provides natural freshness for at least 2 hours
- Keeps breath fresh
- Enriched with an essential oil formula
Why We Picked the Listerine Mouthwash?
Listerine mouthwash can get into every crevice of your mouth. It can eliminate 99.9% of bacteria from your mouth and provide up to 24 hours of protection against bacteria that cause foul breath, gum disease, and plaque. This is possible due to the unique, potent essential oil blend.
Closeup was launched in 1967 and became a huge hit for its amazing gel formula that leaves you feeling fresh every morning. This American brand is owned by Church & Dwight and Unilever. It exports its products to several American and Asian countries.
Prominent Features of the Closeup Mouthwash:
- Closeup’s Nature Boost anti-germ mouthwash is one of the safest mouthwashes for daily use
- Formulated with the goodness of Cardamom and Tulsi extracts
- It is gentle on the teeth and gums
- Deep cleanses the entire mouth to protect it from unwanted bacteria and germs
- Fights bad breath and provides natural, long-lasting freshness
- As there is no alcohol in the formulation, there is no tongue dryness or burning
- Its natural ingredients eliminate plaque and prevent germ build-up leaving you with a pearly, bright smile
- Alcohol-free mouthwash
- Ideal mouthwash for sensitive teeth
- Made using an anti-germ formula
- Fights bad breath
- The taste may be a little sweet
Why We Picked the Closeup Mouthwash?
Instead of just washing your mouth with water, give yourself a confidence boost with the brand-new Closeup Nature Boost Mouthwash. This your go-to remedy for bad breath and all-natural, all-day freshness. It prevents bad breath and offers 100% germ protection thanks to the cardamom and tulsi infusion. The formula’s absence of alcohol softly cleanses without drying out. For a beautiful, bright smile, the Closeup mouthwash also gets rid of plaque and prevents build-up.
Biotene is a popular dental hygiene brand that is manufactured by the British pharmaceutical company GlaxoSmithKline. The brand makes great quality toothpaste and mouthwashes, which are preferred by professionals.
If you thought the use of a mouthwash is just for fresh breath, then this mouthwash is here to tell you that there are more uses. One of the best mouthwash for dry mouth, Biotene’s Dry Mouth mouthwash is anti-bacterial, natural, and 100% alcohol-free. This is a mouthwash that instead of irritating tender tissues, positively contributes to their health. This Biotene mouthwash contains 4 antibacterial enzymes which boost the defence system normally found in your saliva. Together, they help protect your teeth and gums. Biotene is especially beneficial to individuals having oral irritations.
Prominent Features of the Biotene Mouthwash:
- The Biotene Mouthwash provides comfort and hydration for up to 4 hours
- The mouthwash is sugar-free and alcohol-free
- Its new improved formula gently kills germs to provide all-around safety
- The Biotene Mouthwash provides a balanced pH level in the mouth
- It has been clinically tested by hospitals and can be used on a regular basis
- Freshens breath
- Clinically tested mouthwash
- Provides a balanced pH
- Can be used up to five times a day
Why We Picked the Biotene Mouthwash?
The Biotene Mouthwash is a germ-killing mouthwash that is gentle. The mouthwash has a powerful antibacterial composition that enhances the health of the tissues rather than causing irritation. For those who have oral irritations or dry mouth, Biotene is extremely helpful.
Himalaya is an Indian pharmaceutical company that uses herbal and ayurvedic ingredients to make its products. It was founded in the year 1930 by Mohammad Manal and has its headquarters in Bengaluru, India. The company has a huge customer base and exports to the US, Asia, Oceania, Europe, and South Africa.
The next mouthwash to feature on our list of the best mouthwashes in India is this wonderful mouthwash from Himalaya. The Himalaya Active Fresh Saunf Mouthwash helps kills germs, tones the gums and works towards refreshing the mouth after every use.
Prominent Features of the Himalaya Mouthwash:
- Himalaya Mouthwash is a natural, ayurvedic, and herbal mouthwash free of dangerous chemicals
- Contains active herbal ingredients that combat common oral bacteria and fungi
- This is an antimicrobial mouthwash with antiseptic properties
- No alcohol or burning sensation is included in the mouthwash
- Using this mouthwash on a regular basis inhibits plaque development
- The main component, saunf, is a renowned mouth freshener that prevents bad breath
- Assures healthy oral hygiene
- Reduces bad breath, refreshes mouth and maintains oral hygiene
- Acts as antimicrobial and antiseptic
- Free from chemicals and parabens
- Prevents tooth decay and eliminates toothache and bad breath
Why We Picked the Himalaya Mouthwash?
Including a mouthwash rinse in your daily hygiene regimen is the greatest approach to stopping oral diseases or the progression of gum disease. An ayurvedic, herbal, alcohol-free mouthwash with non-irritating, non-staining features, such as the Himalaya Mouthwash, might be considered the greatest mouth freshener because of its all-natural herbal properties. The mouthwash has no negative side effects and is suitable for use by youngsters as well.
Dente91 Mouthwash is a special lactoferrin-based mouthwash that guarantees healthy teeth and gums. The mouthwash freshens breath and fights germs that cause foul breath. By enhancing saliva’s natural defence mechanisms, the mouthwash may lower the incidence of oral illnesses and improve the overall biological balance inside the oral cavity. Alcohol, detergent, sugar, and whitener are not included in Dente91 mouthwash. Addressing the underlying issues, the Dente91 Mouthwash guarantees healthy teeth and gums. It aids in maintaining excellent oral hygiene and preventing bad breath by including key dental health ingredients like lactoferrin, xylitol, and peppermint oil.
Prominent Features of the Dente91 Mouthwash:
- The Dente91 Mouthwash preserves healthy teeth and gums
- It is an alcohol-free mouthwash with a refreshing mint flavour
- The lactoferrin in Dente91 mouthwash eliminates dangerous germs from the biofilm that forms on plaque and helps prevent dental decay
- The mouthwash aids in the prevention of bad breath and is made with ingredients that are crucial for maintaining oral health
- Free from sugar and fluoride
- No burning sensation
- Perfect for everyday use
Dabur is a renowned ayurvedic brand in India and has the trust of millions of people here. The brand is famous for its impeccable honey and health supplements that are made using natural ingredients. It was launched in 1884 by S.K. Burman and has its headquarters in Ghaziabad. It retails skin care, oral care, hair care, and personal care products that are affordable and super effective.
Dabur mouthwash is usually recommended by doctors for fighting oral issues. It includes active ingredients which efficiently fight germs and bacteria. One of the best mouthwash for sensitive teeth, it helps prevent dental plaque and decreases the number of bacteria in the mouth.
Prominent Features of the Dabur Mouthwash:
- The Dabur Mouthwash adheres to the traditional Kavala Gandusha Therapy, an oral detoxification regimen based on oil
- The Dabur Mouthwash is a well-known daily medication for dental and general wellbeing
- In addition to its dental advantages, the treatment is believed to provide relief from health issues, including better sinus health, enhanced hormone balance, and detoxification
- The Dabur Mouthwash is an Ayurvedic mouthwash with natural oils and herbs
- Reduces oral odour
- Has antiseptic properties
- Prevent dental plaque
Oral-B was founded in 1950 and is one of the most recognized oral hygiene brands in the world. This American brand is owned by Procter & Gamble and has a massive customer base worldwide. It retails toothbrushes, toothpaste, mouthwashes, and electric toothbrushes. If you’re looking for a reliable oral hygiene brand, Oral-B is the one to go for.
The Oral-B Complete Lasting Freshness Arctic Mint Mouthwash has a mild formulation, perfect for people with sensitive teeth and gums. This mouthwash effectively works in preventing plaque formation and mitigates odour-causing bacteria to give you that fresh breath. You can use it two times a day and feel fresh all the time. Since the alcohol is very soft in this product, you won’t feel any discomfort while washing your mouth.
Prominent Features of the Oral-B Mouthwash:
- The Oral-B Mouthwash removes plaque and gives your breath a fresh scent while completely cleaning your whole mouth
- The mouthwash cleans areas in the mouth that the brush cannot reach
- The Oral-B Mouthwash is potent, revitalizing mouthwash with a chilly, arctic mint flavour that works to freshen your breath
- Helps in preventing plaque build-up
- Safe for daily use
The Perfora Mouthwash includes a probiotic strain that has been scientifically confirmed to be effective. Bacillus Coagulans, an efficient component that adds helpful bacteria to maintain a healthy microbiome, is included in this alcohol-free mouthwash. Fresh breath is provided by a blend of Lemon, Tea Tree, Peppermint, and Spearmint essential oils included in Perfora Alcohol-Free Mouthwash. With this mouthwash, you have constant control over bad breath and protection from any harmful microorganisms. There isn’t any burning or unpleasant aftertaste.
Prominent Features of the Perfora Mouthwash:
- Perfora Mouthwash includes smaller size molecules of hyaluronic acid, which are known to dissolve plaque from teeth efficiently
- The Perfora mouthwash is non-toxic, cruelty-free, and vegan-friendly
- In comparison to just brushing, this alcohol-free mouthwash will provide a cooling impact and an immediate burst of freshness
- Contains no alcohol
- Free from non-toxic ingredients
- Safe for everyday usage
The Bioayurveda Mouthwash is manufactured with only natural components and is rich in ayurvedic compounds to provide long-lasting freshness. It offers complete dental care for 24 hours and is appropriate for usage with cavities, plaque, and foul breath. The mouthwash strengthens teeth, promotes gum health, and prolongs the duration of breath freshness. The antibacterial quality combats pathogenic bacteria and germs. It prolongs the period of mouth refreshment.
Prominent Features of the Bioayurveda Mouthwash:
- The Bioayurveda Mouthwash is pure, natural, organic, and devoid of alcohol for effective germ prevention and long-lasting oral hygiene
- This liquid Ayurvedic mouthwash offers a natural defense against oral infections, bacteria, airborne germs, allergies, and toxins
- Stronger immune responses support oral health and dental strength.
- Longer mouth refreshment
- Suitable for everyday use
- Fluroide strengthens teeth
- Balances pH levels
- May be strong if not diluted with water
Crest was founded in the year 1955 and is known as one of the largest oral hygiene brands in the world. With American roots, this brand has managed to gain a formidable reputation in the market with its exceptional products. Crest is owned by Procter & Gamble and is sold in various countries of Europe, America, and Asia.
This Pro-Health Advanced Mouthwash by Crest is perfect for people who like to steer clear of plaque, bacteria, and bad-smelling mouth. It has an advanced alcohol-free formulation that deeply cleanses your mouth and leaves your breath minty fresh. You will find your teeth and gums cleaner after using this product. Regular usage can help strengthen your enamel, leading to healthier teeth and gums.
Prominent Features of the Crest Mouthwash:
- The Crest Mouthwash keeps your mouth feeling fresh and minty
- The mouthwash strengthens the teeth and makes the gums healthy
- The Crest Mouthwash has a mild taste and does not burn
- Alcohol-free formula
- Fresh minty flavour
- Strengthens enamel
ACT is a renowned oral health care brand that is owned by Chattem. It is one of the many popular sub-brands of Chattem, a brand that produces healthcare supplements, topicals, and other medicinal products. ACT mouthwash has been a popular choice amongst Indian buyers, and many use it on a daily basis.
This Anticavity Mouthwash by ACT does exactly what it claims, kills harmful bacteria and protects your teeth from cavities. It contains no alcohol and the perfect amount of fluoride that helps in the retention of your enamel. It has a refreshing mint flavour that gives you a burst of freshness and makes you feel much more confident.
Prominent Features of the ACT Mouthwash:
- The ACT Mouthwash keeps the mouth fresh while strengthening the gums
- The minty flavour of the mouthwash lasts throughout the day
- The ACT Mouthwash provides complete oral hygiene
- Contains no alcohol
- Removes harmful bacteria and keeps teeth healthy
- Fluoride helps in strengthening your teeth
- May provide a burning sensation
13. The Mouth Company
For a confident, healthy, and sparkling new smile, use The Mouth Company mouthwash. Every morning, you may have fresh breath thanks to The Mouth Company Meswak & Pomegranate Mouthwash. This mouthwash eliminates over 99% of the bacteria in your mouth that cause foul breath. The mouthwash is a potent and very effective oral care solution, thanks to its proprietary composition. Using The Mouth Company Mouthwash before brushing in the morning and at night guarantees that you have a constant defence against the microorganisms that damage gums and produce bad breath.
Prominent Features of The Mouth Company Mouthwash:
- Gets rid of 99.9% of germs as long as the mouthwash gets to all of your mouth’s areas
- The mouthwash is safe for individuals with diabetes and other chronic disorders
- This sanitary mouthwash is simple to use and administer
- Early and frequent usage will assist in the healing of present mouth sores and sensitivities
- Long-lasting freshness
- Whitens teeth
- Enhanced protection from bad breath and cavities
14. Dr Dentaids
Do you have problems with dry mouth? Do you worry about the dryness around your mouth and gums? Dr. Dentaids Saleva Mouthwash can save the day. The antibacterial activity of the moisturising liquid mouthwash helps lock in moisture and stop drying for longer lengths of time. The mint taste and pleasant aroma of the alcohol-free mouthwash are both present in the mouthwash.
Prominent Features of the Dr Dentaids Mouthwash:
- Dr Dentaids is a moisturising mouthwash with antibacterial properties
- The mouthwash is alcohol and sugar-free
- The Dr Dentaids Mouthwash has a mint flavour that keeps your mouth cool and fresh
- Alcohol-free formula
- Keeps breath fresh for a longer time
- Maintains pH balance of the mouth
- Higher priced compared to other brands
The majority of dentists suggest BlueM as one of the greatest dental care companies. This mouthwash gives teeth and gums the best treatment possible and helps to maintain their health. Your mouth is cleansed by the active oxygen composition without becoming dry. When you use it every day, your mouth feels the most refreshed for the longest time. It is completely safe and pH-neutral. With each washing, your infected and bleeding gums become better.
Prominent Features of the BlueM Mouthwash:
- The BlueM Mouthwash promotes the health of the gums and teeth
- The BlueM Mouthwash provides an immediate breath of fresh air
- The mouthwash is less abrasive, which makes it ideal for those with dental implants
- The mouthwash is devoid of fluoride and alcohol and can access areas that the toothbrush cannot
- No alcohol or fluoride
- Balances pH level
- Does not make your mouth dry
Bad breath is caused by the bacteria in your mouth acting on the plaque in your mouth. Your gums will become more damaged as a result of this. Imagine eliminating all the germs and bacteria in your mouth in only 30 seconds. Yes, after a thorough rinse, Freshchlor Mouthwash kills all the germs in 20 to 30 seconds. Long-lasting tongue freshness is provided by the fresh mint composition. Freshclor Mouthwash doesn’t affect your taste or cause tooth stains.
Prominent Features of the Freshcolor Mouthwash:
- The Freshclor Mouthwash encourages the growth of healthy gums
- The mouthwash is free from alcohol and safe to be used in long term
- The Freshclor Mouthwash is vegan friendly and fights bad breath
- Prevents and controls gum disease
- Can be used daily
- Neutralises bad breath
According to dental professionals, cleaning your teeth twice a day is insufficient. When you use mouthwash and floss, you may have a healthy brushing regimen. A quality mouthwash cleans your mouth from top to bottom and offers additional protection for your teeth and gums. It revitalizes your mouth and efficiently fights foul breath. Based on our research here, Colgate, Listerine, and Closeup are our top picks for the best mouthwash brands in India. While making our list, we took into consideration factors like the presence of alcohol, plaque control, and sensitivity. Let us know which one worked out the best for you!
What are the best-selling mouthwash brands in India?
Based on our research here, Colgate, Listerine, Closeup, and Oral-B are some of the best-selling mouthwash brands in India. However, we recommend that you go through our entire list and choose one that is best suited to your requirements.
Is alcohol-free mouthwash effective?
Yes, non-alcoholic mouthwashes prevent your mouth from drying. This results in proper saliva production. Saliva helps in naturally disseminating bacteria from your mouth and keeps your mouth healthy.
Why do you have to wait 30 minutes after mouthwash?
One must wait at least 30 minutes before rinsing after using mouthwash. Washing it before that will wash away the fluoride and prevent it from doing its work. Do not eat or drink for 30 minutes after using a fluoride mouthwash.
What is a natural mouthwash?
Natural mouthwash is one which is made from pure essential oils and botanicals. These mouthwashes are made from natural ingredients which have been used for medical purposes for thousands of years.
Should you always use mouthwash?
No, it is not necessary to always use mouthwash. It is important to emphasize that mouthwash is not a substitute for brushing and flossing. Additionally, using mouthwash is not required to maintain a clean mouth. The majority of mouthwash brands advise using them twice daily, after brushing and flossing.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
Highly experienced and competent researchers at CashKaro work hard to provide you with the finest market suggestions available online. To create a list of products you can trust, we evaluate various products and compare them based on a variety of factors. We really hope that this list will assist you in reaching an educated conclusion.