Salt is the basic need of every kitchen. When making any dish, it is a must-have ingredient. There are several types of salts available nowadays, such as sea salt, iodised salt, rock salt, and more. Salt is refined and sold in marketplaces when it gets crystalised. Every household consumes a lot of salt on a daily basis. Indians prefer Tata Salt among a wide variety of options available in the market. Additionally, there are several other great Salt Brands in India that you may use to prepare your food.
When cooking, each Indian household needs a unique type of salt. Iodised salt is the most commonly used sea salt in India, and it has several advantages. Iodised salt is beneficial for the heart and lowers the risk of having a heart attack. Here is a list of some of the best salt brands available in India.
Our Top Recommendations
How Do We Choose the Best Salt Brands For You?
Salt is used as a flavouring and cooking agent in Indian kitchens. However, consuming the proper quantity of salt in your diet is crucial for preserving good health. In India, a good quality packet of salt costs anywhere between Rs 50 to Rs 315. Before you jump into our recommendations of the best salt brands available in India, we suggest you go through the factors that helped us decide on the best products for you.
The first factor you should look into while buying salt is the type of salt you are going to use. The ideal salt to use depends on your taste, preferences, and cooking method. Pink Himalayan salt is a fantastic option if you’re searching for a crunchy texture with some colour to give a finishing touch to your food. On the other hand, depending on the taste you want to obtain while cooking with salt, you may always use sea salt or plain table salt.
The next factor you should consider is how healthy the salt you are putting in your food is going to be. Iodine is often added to table salt and aids in keeping your thyroid and other hormones healthy. To determine if the salt you purchase includes iodine, take a look at the packet.
The next thing you should do while buying salt is established your spending budget. Some salts cost far more than others. The least priced salts are normally traditional table salts. However, kosher salt and sea salt are somewhat more expensive. We recommend that you choose a salt that is within your spending limit and meets your requirement.
List Of 11 Best Salt Brands in India
Tata Salt was India’s first packaged iodised salt brand introduced in 1983 by Tata Chemicals. Tata Chemicals Limited is an Indian multinational corporation having interests in crop protection, chemicals, and specialised chemistry products. The corporation is one of India’s major chemical firms, with operations in India, North America, Europe, and Africa.
The new Tata Salt SuperLite is particularly engineered to have 30% less sodium than refined iodised salt. You can use Tata salt to reduce your salt intake to help with high blood pressure.
Prominent Features of Tata Salt Superlite:
- The new Tata Salt SuperLite has been carefully developed to give 30% less sodium than refined iodised salt
- In addition to improving health, it doesn’t compromise the flavour of your food
- Tata Salt Lite reduces sodium consumption to control high blood pressure
- Low sodium
- Keeps you healthy
- Infuses flavour into your food
Why We Picked the Tata Salt?
The first need for happiness is fitness! Tata Salt presents Tata Salt SuperLite, a reduced sodium salt for cooking that has 30% less sodium than refined iodised salt. Tata Salt SuperLite recommends including reduced sodium salt in your diet together with a regular exercise regimen as part of a healthy lifestyle.
Aashirvaad is owned by ITC Limited, a brand of essential foods and household products. Salt, flour, spices, and instant mixes are among the items available from Aashirvaad.
The Iodised Crystal salt offered by Aashirvad allows you to savour the flavour of traditional cookery. It is manufactured using the traditional solar evaporation technique and is sun-dried for three weeks, giving each crystal a special natural white colour and balanced flavour.
Prominent Features of the Aashirvaad Salt:
- Aashirvaad Salt is made from natural sea salt crystals using a 4-step advantage process
- Your dishes will have a balanced, authentic flavour that is free of any contaminants, thanks to Aashirvaad Salt
- Aashirvaad employs cutting-edge packaging technology to protect the unique, premium flavour of the salt while maintaining its freshness and nutritional value
- The proper quantity of iodine is present in Aashirvaad Salt, which is essential for normal physical development and cognitive function
- Balanced flavour
- Free from any toxic contaminants
- Moisture lock packaging
Why We Picked the Aashirvaad Salt?
Aashirvaad believes in delivering you just the finest and stands for purity, experienced sourcing, and quality. Since you create your cuisine with the same love and attention, the ingredients are also meticulously hand-picked and prepared. Aashirvaad Iodised Salt is manufactured from natural sea salt crystals that have been solar drained, sun-dried for three weeks, and iodised as nature intended.
If you are also searching for good quality paneer, then this list of top paneer brands can be the end of your search. You can always rely on them for quality and taste.
Catch is the subsidiary brand of DS Group. It was founded in 1987 with the introduction of Catch Sprinklers, which supplied table-top Salt and Pepper dispensers with rotating tops. The Catch brand provides an outstanding selection of whole, blended, and pure spices, as well as sprinklers for Indian and foreign cooking. The Catch spices are aromatic and fresh, and they comply with the highest quality standards.
The well-known brand Catch pioneered the readily and smoothly dissolved salt. The highly well-structured crystal cube of Catch salt demonstrates its cleanliness. Due to its ability to enhance the flavours of all other spices, Catch Table Salt is often utilized as a supplementary seasoning ingredient.
Prominent Features of the Catch Sprinklers Iodised Table Salt:
- The Catch Table Salt is vacuum dried and iodized, which improves the dishes’ inherent flavours
- Catch Table Salt is free-flowing even during the rainy season since it does not absorb moisture
- The Catch Table Iodised Salt is made using the best materials available
- Unique packaging keeps salt dry
- Dissolves smoothly
- Improves the flavour of your food
Why We Picked the Catch Sprinklers Iodised Table Salt?
Iodised salt, which is clean and sanitary, is now the most popular option for all kitchens. Catch is a popular brand that is credited with developing quickly and smoothly dissolved salt. Catch salt’s very pure crystal cube shape demonstrates this. Additionally, the distinctive HIPS container maintains the salt’s dryness.
Sri Sri Tattva
Sri Sri Tattva, previously known as Sri Sri Ayurveda, is a well-known company that produces Ayurvedic medications and health care items. It was established in 2003 and is presently led by Tej Katpitia, the company’s CEO. Sri Sri began as a wellness brand and has now grown into grocery, cleaning, and a variety of other home items.
The salt offered by Sri Sri Tattva is a healthy alternative to common salt as it is chemical-free, ethically sourced, and filled with natural minerals. The salt promotes digestion and helps to regulate blood sugar.
Prominent Features of the Sri Sri Tattva Rock Salt:
- To maintain optimal health, the Sri Sri Tattva Rock Salt is unrefined, unfiltered, and 100% natural
- A daily sprinkle of the Sri Sri Tattva Rock Salt in your diet helps support hormonal balance and blood sugar control
- The rock salt may also be used in aromatherapy to infuse your home with warmth and happiness
- Healthy substitute for common salt
- Controls blood sugar
- Can also be used for aromatherapy
Why We Picked the Sri Sri Tattva Rock Salt?
The Sri Sri Tattva Rock Salt is excellent for adding flavour to food, sautéing vegetables, and flavouring soups, curries, and salads. The rock salt promotes improved digestion. To refresh yourself, you can also use the Sri Sri Tattva Rock Salt as a bath soak.
Amazon Brand – Vedaka
Vedaka is an Amazon India brand for groceries, pulses, lentils, spices, teas, grains, flours, dry fruits oils, and other such daily-use items. The salt offered by Vedaka is rich in minerals like calcium, potassium, and magnesium. The brand claims to provide 100% raw and pure Himalayan salt.
Prominent Features of the Amazon Brand – Vedaka Pink Rock Salt Powder:
- The Amazon Brand Vedaka Salt is a 100% natural Himalayan salt
- The Vedaka Salt is a healthy complement to your meals since it is packed with nutrients including potassium, calcium, and magnesium
- Vedaka Pink Rock Salt Powder is safe to eat since it hasn’t been processed or bleached
- Natural and pure
- Contains minerals like potassium, calcium, and magnesium
- Non-refined and unbleached
- Sand particles may be present
Why We Picked the Amazon Brand – Vedaka Pink Rock Salt Powder?
The company of Vedaka offers you Pink Rock Salt Powder that is 100 per cent natural and pure. You may use it to improve the flavour of your cuisine, whether you’re making exquisite soups or mouthwatering curries. Unrefined and unbleached, this salt is abundant in potassium, calcium, and magnesium minerals.
Saffola is a health care company that offers a variety of common Heart-Healthy Food products that are simple, effective, and pleasurable to include in your lifestyle. Saffola Salt Plus contains less sodium, it is a healthier option compared to ordinary table salt. Reduced salt diets help minimise the risk of health problems.
Prominent Features of the Saffola Salt Plus:
- The Saffola Salt Plus contains less sodium than ordinary table salt
- Saffola Salt lowers the risk of high blood pressure
- The Saffola Salt Plus keeps you healthy and helps you avoid diseases
- Reduces risk of high pressure
- Contains less sodium
- Healthy alternative to table salt
Urban Platter Pink Himalayan Rock Salt Powder has a vibrant pink colour, and it is healthy for you. Made with Pink Salt from the Himalayas that is of the highest quality and is ethically and organically obtained. The pink salt goes particularly well with Indian and Asian cuisine since it delicately and properly seasons food without oversalting it.
Prominent Features of the Urban Platter Pink Himalayan Rock Salt Powder:
- The Urban Platter Pink Salt Powder is excellent for detoxifying your body
- Due to its semi-coarse texture and grind, the salt works well as a bath scrub
- The pink salt is ideal for daily usage since it includes 84 healthy minerals, including potassium, calcium, iodine, and iron
- Contains 44 minerals
- Helps in detoxifying the body
- Can be used as a bath scrub to exfoliate dead skin
Keya Foods is a well-known brand for its high-quality herbs and seasonings. Keya’s goal is to deliver gourmet-style meals and condiments to everyone’s kitchen. The ingredients for all of the products are acquired from authentic sources and are of exceptional quality to ensure a good experience for consumers.
Himalayan pink salt by Keya is a unique commodity with greater flavour than regular table salt. As a result, it is highly sought after by several cooks in India. Pink salt contains potassium, magnesium, and iron, which contribute to the taste and flavour of foods such as vegetables, meats, soups, salads, and more.
Prominent Features of the Keya Arabian Sea Salt:
- The Keya Arabian Sea Salt is a high-quality, fresh sea salt
- The Keya Sea Salt provides a genuine and authentic flavour
- The Keya Arabian Sea Salt is free from MSG, harsh processing, preservatives, and added colour
- Made from the highest quality export ingredients
- Authentic flavour
- Free from preservatives and added colour
Natureland Organics is a food company that solely sells products made of organic ingredients. The two agriculturalist brothers, Ajeet and Arvind Godara, founded this business in 2002 with the goal of advancing the farming community and industry. When their efforts began to bear fruit, the brothers decided to take action and created a business in 2007. They made a further stride in 2015 when they entered the B2C sector, which is how the business garnered devoted consumers all around the country.
This Himalayan Pink Rock Salt is extracted from the Khewra salt mine, which rises from the Indo Gangetic plain. Himalayan salt consists mostly of sodium chloride, with tiny quantities of polyhalite and ten additional minerals. Natureland Organics is often used in cooking, as an alternative to regular table salt, and in bath products like bath salts.
Prominent Features of the Natureland Organics Himalayan Pink Rock Salt:
- The Nature Organics Himalayan Pink Rock Salt is organic and healthy
- The salt contains an abundance of minerals that is good for your health
- The salt comes with a 12-month maximum shelf life
- Organically sourced
- Contains minerals
- Free from toxic components
Surya brand is owned by Saboo Sodium Chloro Limited, north India’s largest salt refinery. The company owns various salt brands, such as Saboo Salt, Surya Salt, and Tota Salt. Saboo Sodium Chloro Ltd produces salt for a wide range of sectors, including salt for households, textile, and dyeing industries, as well as micro-fine salt for the noodles and popcorn industries and salt for the cattle feed business.
The Surya Black Salt is rich in mineral concentration and lessens the harm done by acid reflux. Additionally, it is devoid of synthetic dyes and preservatives, making it safe.
Prominent Features of the Surya Black Salt:
- The alkaline qualities of Surya Black Salt aid in lowering excessive stomach acid
- The Surya Black Salt is free from synthetic dyes or preservatives
- Surya Black Salt is hygienically packed and put through extensive laboratory testing
- Free from synthetic dyes or preservatives
- Good quality packaging
- Rich in minerals
Puro Salt is an Indian salt brand launched in 2017, offering unprocessed Himalayan pink rock salt. It’s a healthier option compared to normal refined white salt. Puro healthy salt is 100 per cent natural, with no additional chemicals, additions, or preservatives, and is unrefined. It is beneficial to the heart and stomach. The salt naturally contains 80+ minerals, including iodine, potassium, iron, and calcium.
Prominent Features of the Puro Healthy Salt:
- The Puro Healthy Salt is unrefined and is derived from pure, unpolluted, undisturbed natural resources
- This salt’s earthy and lingering flavour makes every mouthful delectable whether you cook, bake, or just sprinkle it on your meal
- The Puro Healthy Salt contains naturally occurring 84 trace minerals, including potassium, iron, and iodine
- The salt has a pH of more than 7 that aids in balancing your body’s acid reflux
- 100% natural and unprocessed
- Free of additives and chemicals
- Beneficial for the heart and intestines
- Naturally occurring minerals
In addition to this, we would also like you to check our latest blog, where we have mentioned some of the top quinoa brands in India. Do have a look and let us know if you find it helpful.
We hope that our list of the best salt brands has helped you find the brand that best meets your requirements. Based on our research, Tata, Aashirvaad, and Catch are our top picks for the best salt brands in India. While making our recommendations, we also took into consideration factors like type, health benefits, and budget. Let us know which one worked out the best for you!
Which salt is best in India?
There are quite a few varieties of salt available in India. Table salt is the most commonly used salt in India that is used in every house. On the other hand, Himalayan salt is the best among all when it comes to health benefits.
Which brand of salt is best?
There are various salt brands available in the market. Tata is one of the top and best-selling salt brands in India. Other popular brands of salt are Aashirvaad, Catch, and Sri Sri Tattva.
Which are the best brands of rock salt in India?
Brands like Sri Sri Tattva, Tata, Urban Platter offers best rock salt. Ayurvedic medicine places great significance on rock salt since it has so many health advantages. It keeps your body healthy and provides benefits, from weight reduction to good skin and hair.
Which brand of salt is good for health?
For many years, Tata Salt has been considered the best cooking salt in India. The iodine-rich Tata Salt enhances both physical and mental wellness. In addition, this salt has a significant quantity of iron, which helps to purify the blood.
Which salt is less harmful?
Potassium salts are less harmful and do not provide the same serious health hazards as sodium-based salts. They contain up to 70% less sodium than typical table salt. Additionally, potassium salts may even lower blood pressure when you consume it.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
Highly experienced and competent researchers at CashKaro work hard to provide you with the finest market suggestions available online. To create a list of products you can trust, we evaluate various products and compare them based on a variety of factors. We considered type, health benefits, budget and other aspects while making our recommendations for the finest salt brands in India. We really hope that this list will assist you in reaching an educated conclusion.