Oral hygiene is almost unimaginable without a toothbrush. Getting the best toothbrushes for your home can ensure that our teeth and gums are clean and protected. It helps fight a number of oral problems like bad breath, tooth decay, and gum diseases. It is vital to have a toothbrush that is flexible, effective, and durable. A lot of brushes today use different bristle designs that offer effective cleaning between teeth. There are several other aspects like this that need to be looked at while selecting the right toothbrush. We have rounded some of the best toothbrush brands in India so that you can take care of your oral health. Here you can also check: Best Toilet Paper Brands in India.
How Do We Choose the Best Toothbrushes for You?
A good-quality toothbrush can help you take care of your oral health which impacts your overall health as well. In India, you can get great quality brushes ranging from Rs 33 to Rs 300 or more, depending on your need and budget. Here are some basic factors we considered while picking these toothbrushes that might be helpful to you.
The size and and shape of your toothbrush head is very important to achieve clean teeth. If you have difficulty cleaning your teeth properly, you can choose a slim and small brush head as that will be able to clean every part of your mouth with ease.
Hard bristles can make brushing a painful experience for you. We made sure that all the bristles used here are soft and rounded so that you can clean your teeth without hurting your gums at all. Hard bristles can lead to the erosion of enamel which can cause sensitivity and plaque build-up.
List of the Top 11 Toothbrush Brands in India
On this page:
Sensodyne is India’s leading oral hygiene brand and boasts a wide portfolio of products. It is highly acclaimed for its best toothbrush and toothpaste for sensitive teeth. It was founded in 1961 in the UK and is owned by GlaxoSmithKline. The brand also sells as the Shumitect in Japan and has a stellar clientele across nations.
Prominent Features of the Sensodyne Toothbrush:
- One of the best toothbrushes, this is specially created for people with sensitive teeth and gums
- It subdues the pressure on gums with its flexible neck and provides a better grip, thanks to its unique design
- The sensitive toothbrush features fine-cut bristles that gently clean in between the teeth
- Ergonomic handle
- Dentist recommended
- Smooth bristles
- Bristles might not suit everyone
Why We Picked Sensodyne Toothbrushes?
Sensodyne is a trustworthy dental care brand, and its toothbrushes are perfect for sensitive teeth and gums. This combo pack is true value for money for anyone with sensitive teeth. It has soft bristles and a super ergonomic handle that makes it easy to clean your teeth. The brushes also have a strong body that makes them last longer.
Founded in 1873 by William Colgate, Colgate is one of the largest oral hygiene companies in the world. This American brand is owned by Colgate-Palmolive and has grown by leaps and bounds in the last few decades. The brand generated a net turnover of Rs 4841.22 crore as of March 2021 and continues to expand even further. Colgate started off as a soap seller and later ventured into toothbrushes, toothpaste, mouthwashes, and more.
Prominent Features of the Colgate Charcoal Toothbrush:
- This brush has 17x slimmer tip bristles that effectively clean in between the teeth
- It sweeps away the plaque and food against the gum line and cleans well to remove all bacteria to give you fresh breath
- It can be tilted at a 45 degrees angle for better access
- The end-rounded bristles clean well in narrow gaps between the teeth, leaving them free of germs and food particles
- It exhibits charcoal-infused bristles that remove plaque bacteria
- Unique charcoal-infused bristles for better oral hygiene
- Lasts you a long time
- Slim rubber grip
Why We Picked the Colgate Charcoal Toothbrush?
Colgate toothbrushes are a top choice in India for their quality, durability, and trust. This Charcoal Toothbrush has 17x slimmer bristles that clean every part of your teeth with precision. The bristles are soft and rounded to make sure that they do not damage or irritate your gums. On top of that, the charcoal-infused bristles help remove plaque and keep your teeth shining clean throughout the day.
Rusabl is a newly launched brand that makes sustainable and eco-friendly products to help save the environment. It was founded in the year 2000 and has its headquarters in Bangalore, India. It mainly retails bamboo toothbrushes, steel straws, and cloth bags to lessen the carbon footprint on the earth.
Prominent Features of the Rusabi Toothbrush:
- This is a pack of four soft and slim brushes with charcoal-infused black bristles and a unique minimal design for easy differentiation
- The brushes have been beautifully crafted with a curved contour for a better grip while making it convenient to clean the teeth
- The grip is made from organically sourced bamboo
- The brush is antibacterial, biodegradable, and water-resistant
- Soft and round bristles clean properly without harming your gums
- Best toothbrush made with Bamboo
- Charcoal-activated soft bristles
- Easy identification markers on each brush
Why We Picked Rusabi Toothbrushes?
It is about time we look for an alternative to plastic brushes and look at more sustainable hygiene habits. Rusabl offers a range of slim toothbrushes that are eco-friendly. These brushes are made with bamboo and charcoal-activated bristles that are not just good for you but for mother nature as well. The handles are ergonomically-designed so you can clean with ease.
4. Oral B
Oral B is a prominent oral hygiene brand founded by Dr Robert W Hutson in the year 1950. It retails toothpaste, toothbrush, floss, and mouthwash that are made with the finest ingredients and cleanse your mouth thoroughly. The brand is now owned by Procter & Gamble and is known to make great quality toothbrushes in India.
Prominent Features of the Oral B Toothbrush:
- Oral B toothbrush is an excellent option for cavity defence
- Its unique bristles cover every tooth and clean them thoroughly while being gentle on the gums
- This is a pack of four brushes with a smart black base and colourful handles
- The ergonomic design gives it a comfortable grip for better control
- It comes in a pack of four
- Cup-shaped rounded bristles clean between the teeth
- Features tongue cleaner at the back
- Best toothbrush in a budget
- The bristles may be a little too soft
Why We Picked Oral B Toothbrushes?
Oral B is a trustworthy oral care brand relied on by millions of people in India. These brushes protect your teeth from cavities and plaque, and prevent chronic dental issues by keeping them clean. The back of these toothbrushes has a tongue cleaner that ensures complete oral hygiene, making it one of the best toothbrushes you can get at an economical price.
Caresmith was founded in the year 2018 and has emerged to be top-notch personal care and wellness brand in India. It manufactures oral care, personal care, and grooming products in India. It is one of the top-selling oral care brands on Amazon today.
Prominent Features of the Caresmith Spark Toothbrush:
- It boasts of soft and contoured DuPont bristles that provide gentle yet powerful cleaning to your teeth
- This rechargeable electric toothbrush is been created using advanced Sonic Technology
- Helps to smoothly remove plaque from hard-to-reach areas
- It has an easy-start feature that helps you adapt to the Spark experience
- The two-minute Smart Timer ensures you brush wholly and effectively.
- Six operational modes
- Intuitive bristle design
- Produces up to 30,000 micro-brushes per minute
- Lasts 20 days on a 4-hour charge
- The brush head does not rotate
Why We Picked the Caresmith Spark Toothbrush?
Our next pick for the best electric toothbrushes in India is the Spark rechargeable electric toothbrush by Caresmith. The brand makes some of the best electric toothbrushes in India that make cleaning easy for you. If you wish to keep your teeth clean and stain-free, choose Caresmith today!
Pepsodent is another popular name in most Indian households. It was launched in the year 1915 by Pepsodent Company of Chicago and has its headquarters in the US. The brand makes top-notch toothpaste, toothbrush, and mouthwash that are highly preferred by Indian buyers. People in India have been using Pepsodent for decades and rely on it to take care of their oral health. Pepsodent is owned by Church & Dwight today.
Prominent Features of the Pepsodent Complete Expert Toothbrush:
- It will ensure that your oral health is at its best all the time
- It has a flexible head with soft yet very effective bristles that remove any food residues or bacteria from your mouth
- The soft bristles also massage your gums which keeps them in good shape and lower your visits to the dentists
- Flexible advanced design to clean difficult places in your mouth
- Soft yet effective bristles
- Comfortable grip
Close-up is another American oral care brand that’s owned by Church & Dwight. It was founded in the year 1967 by Unilever and became a huge hit due to its gel formulation. Even after years of its launch, the original gel formula is still high in demand in the Indian market. It’s sold in several Asian and European countries today.
Prominent Features of the Close-Up Med Active Toothbrush:
- This product is highly popular in India
- It has a modern, flexible design that allows you to clean your teeth thoroughly
- The rubber bristles are soft yet effective enough to remove all the dirt from your teeth
- If you’re looking for a reliable toothbrush that will give you proper cleaning and keep your gums healthy, go for this one
- Soft and effective rubber bristles
- Medium bristles for optimum cleanliness
- Perfect for travel
- Quality might not be that great
Terrabrush is another sustainable brand that was founded in 2018 by Karthick, Arjun, and Harrish. The brand makes combs, toothbrushes, and other products using bamboo which is healthy for you and for the environment. It became a huge hit in the market soon after its release and many other brands followed them in terms of product design. You can easily find its products online via Amazon or Terrbrush’s official website.
Prominent Features of the Terrabrush Premium Bamboo Toothbrush:
- This set of Premium Bamboo Toothbrushes by Terrabrush is made with high-quality bamboo wood
- The super soft bristles allow proper cleaning without hurting your gums
- The toothbrush is waterproof and has BPA free soft bristles that massage your gums as well
- All the brushes are eco-friendly and biodegradable which helps in decreasing our carbon footprint
- Biodegradable brushes
- Waterproof bamboo build
- Soft BPA-free bristles
- Bristles might not clean your teeth properly
9. Johnson & Johnson
Johnson & Johnson is a widely popular healthcare and wellness company that originated in the US. It was founded by Robert Wood Johnson I, James Wood Johnson, and Edward Mead Johnson in the year 1886. The brand has its headquarters in New Jersey, US and a thriving presence in several countries across the world. It has been a trustworthy brand in India for decades and the customer base keeps growing with each year.
Prominent Features of the Johnson’s Baby Toothbrush:
- This brush is ideal for babies from 1-5 years of age
- It features ultra-soft tynex bristles that are gentle on the baby’s gums and newly growing teeth
- The addition of a special thumb groove allows the baby to hold the brush conveniently
- If you’re looking for a toothbrush that’s gentle and still does the job perfectly, there ain’t any better option than Johnson’s
- Special thumb groove
- Soft tynex bristles
- Wide overall design
- Build quality might not be up to the mark
Trisa is a popular consumer products company from Switzerland. It was founded in 1887 by a group of six citizens of the municipality of Trinegen, Switzerland and has grown massively today. It produces personal care, hygiene, oral care, and body care products that are exported to several countries worldwide.
Prominent Features of the Profilac Complete Soft Toothbrush by Trisa:
- It is built with 4 care units for optimum oral care
- The rounded bristle design reaches all the parts of your mouth to get rid of dirt and bacteria
- It also features a velvety thumb rest that lets you hold the brush conveniently
- Slim and compact head
- Velvet-like pad on thumb for better grip
- A bit pricey
Kent is a personal care and wellness brand that was founded in the year 1777. It mainly produces brushes, grooming kits, bathing products, etc that are made with top-notch material. With headquarters in England, the brand exports to more than 50 countries around the globe.
Prominent Features of the Toothbrush Set by Kent:
- This set comprises 6 toothbrushes that will last one person for an entire year
- The brushes have soft curved bristles that effectively remove dirt and massage your gums to keep them healthy
- The bristles are silver-coated and have anti-bacterial properties that ensure hygiene in humid conditions as well
- Silver-coated bristles
- Eco-friendly and recyclable
- BPA and Phthalate free
- Might not be easily available
A good toothbrush is essential to keep our oral health in check. In this article, we have listed some of the best toothbrush brands in India that you should definitely check out. The list is created on the basis of quality, durability, bristle material, etc. While we really love the brushes from Colgate and Sensodyne, do let us know which one you purchase.
1. What are the best toothbrush manufacturers in India?
Colgate, Sensodyne, Pepsodent, and Oral B are some of the best toothbrush brands in India.
2. What toothbrushes do doctors recommend?
Brushes with soft bristles, rounded head, and good grip are recommended by doctors.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
We have a team of category-specific researchers who try and study several products before adding them to our lists. For the toothbrush blog, we considered factors such as durability, bristle material, etc. Our goal is to offer you the best product suggestions so that you can shop online without any worries!