BigBasket is an online grocery store which claims to be India’s foremost online megastore that brings to its customers more than 20,000 products from more than 1000 brands. BigBasket caters to the demands of the fast-paced world where time is a precious commodity. It has made grocery shopping easy and convenient by making daily essentials shopping a breeze. Customers can shop for Fresh Fruits and Vegetables, Pulses, Condiments, Beverages and Processed foods and even personal care items and meats. Delivering grocery and other items to households in more than 25 cities across India, BigBasket was founded by Abhinay Choudhari, Hari Menon, Vipul Parekh and VS Sudhakar. The company is headquartered in Bangalore, India.
What Makes BigBasket Awesome?
- Quality Products
- Largest Organic products category
- Guarantee of timely delivery or else 10 % value back on Late Delivery
- Orders with value above Rs 1000 are eligible for Free Delivery
- Return Policy favours customers with a No Questions Asked Policy
- All grocery items including hard to find items such as exotic and organic fruits and veggies can be found at BigBasket
- Farm fresh products directly sourced from farmers that guarantee quality and best prices
- Pre-cut fruits and veggies in its Fresho range
- Payment through multiple channels possible including COD
- Slotted delivery which is as per customer convenience
- Express Delivery (90 minutes) in select cities
- Tie-ups with specialty stores to cater to specific consumer demands
Grofers is an online grocery delivery service that was founded in 2013 by Saurabh Kumar and Albinder Dhindsa. The company is based out of Gurugram. Operating in more than 18 Indian cities, Grofers lets you choose from 5000+ products spread across food, personal care, home furnishings, and other categories.
What Makes Grofers Awesome?
- Prices are cheaper when compared to the local grocery stores
- Great cashback offers
- A wide assortment of more than 5000 products to choose from
- Easy returns if the product is found unsatisfactory by the consumer
- Grofers website is quite organised with sections like ‘Top Savers Today’, ‘Buy 1 Get 1 Free’, ‘Smart Bachat Club’ etc
- A plethora of Bank offers & Promo Codes for enhanced savings
BigBasket Vs Grofers
As a customer of both BigBasket and Grofers, below are a few pointers that can be looked into:
- Cities of Operation: BigBasket caters to customers in more than 25 cities as compared to Grofers which currently delivers in 18 Indian cities
- Product Categories: More product categories such as Fresho range (precut vegetables) and Exotic Corner, Gourmet and World food section on BigBasket when compared to Grofers
- Organic Store section: Dedicated organic store on BigBasket
- Association with Farmers and Suppliers: BigBasket directly sources fruits and vegetables from farmers and hence such items can be procured more fresh
- Delivery Service: BigBasket also offers Express Delivery (60 minutes) in select cities whereas Grofers delivers in slots of 2 hours each
- Tie-ups: BigBasket has tie-ups with Specialty stores through a special arrangement with a specialty store in nearby locations.
However, for consumers who are keener on savings rather than focussing on an assortment of products, Grofers can score better over BigBasket as it displays a plethora of deals and cashback offers from time to time. Moreover, the Grofers website displays categories like ‘Smart Bachat Club’, ‘Top Savers’ and ‘Buy 1 Get 1 Free’ section on its home page.