Too hungry yet too lazy to cook? It’s a good idea to keep some ready-to-eat food on hand. Such kinds of meals are the most common saviour when you’re hungry and tired. They are both convenient and inexpensive while being healthy and tasty. If you are looking for some popular selections that you can keep at home for a lazy day’s cooking, then you will be delighted to read this article. Here we have listed the 20 best ready-to-eat food brands in India that are super easy to make and taste amazing. Have a look and enjoy the most exotic dishes without hours of slaving in the kitchen.
Our Top Picks:
How Do We Choose the Right Ready-To-Eat Food Brands for You?
We frequently don’t have time to make meals properly in our modern hectic lives, which is where ready-to-eat food products come in handy. They are a go-to-option whenever we’re in a dilemma about what we want to eat and are not in the mood to spend hours cooking. Also, they are a perfect choice for bachelors and people who are traveling around. In the Indian market, you will find a plethora of ready-to-eat brands that offer tasty meals at affordable prices. They usually come under the budget of Rs 500.
Before you step ahead exploring the ready-to-eat food companies in India, have a look at the factors that assisted us in making these selections.
From Chinese to Italian to Indian, there are all kinds of ready-to-eat meals available in the market. In order to provide you with variety and serve every tastebud, we have picked the brands offering different cuisine meals. You can try any as per your liking.
The most common complaint people have with packaged food is that it doesn’t taste fresh and is probably unhealthy. However, this is not true. For healthy eating, we have carefully selected brands that use high-quality ingredients and do not add chemicals to the food. You can eat these meals without impacting your health.
List of 15 Top Ready-To-Eat Food Brands in India
Haldiram’s is an Indian snack, confectionery, and restaurant business started in 1941 by Ganga Bishan Agarwal with the alias Haldiram in Rajasthan’s Bikaner. The firm is based in Maharashtra and sells ready-to-eat products, frozen foods, potato chips, drinks, snacks, and sweets. Haldiram’s is well-known for its restaurant chains and their chips and other snacks.
Prominent Features of Haldiram’s Ready-to-Eat Food:
- Made with the finest quality ingredients that are not harmful to the health and taste good
- All its meals are extremely easy to make and can be booked both on a stove or microwave
- It offers only vegetarian meal options and comes in recyclable packaging, which is safe to use
- Easy availability
- Free from chemicals
- A wide variety of options
- Perfect for two people
- These are not very spicy
Why We Picked Haldiram’s Ready-to-Eat Food?
A perfect choice for ready-to-eat Indian dishes, this brand is loved by millions of customers in India and other countries as well. It has a wide variety of options, like dal makhani, rajma, kadhi, pulao, Matar paneer, etc. You will also find thepla or khichari meals to satisfy your hunger.
Maggi is a global brand of quick soups, spices, and noodles that began in Switzerland in the late 1800s. Julius Maggi founded this Swiss brand in 1884, and Nestlé purchased the Maggi business in 1947. This brand has long been a favourite of Indian households. And when it comes to ready meals in India, the brand has managed to stay at the top of the list.
Prominent Features of Maggi Ready-to-Eat Food:
- It can be made instantly without requiring a lot of effort and equipment
- Comes at a very reasonable price and is easily available both online and offline
- Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes available to cater to more customers
- Quick, easy, and convenient
- Various sizes of packaging
- Sufficient shelf life
- Delightful taste meals
- Comes in plastic packaging
Why We Picked Maggi Ready-to-Eat Food?
Everyone adores Maggi noodles, and no other noodle brand comes close to Maggi in terms of market share. While known for its noodles, Maggi also sells a variety of ready-to-eat foods such as poha, instant pasta, and more. All its products are perfect for travelling and can easily be made in no time.
Tata Q is a newly introduced ready-to-eat brand from the TATA Group with the goal of easing people’s life. It offers an excellent variety of dishes that are ready to consume in 60 seconds or less. All its meals are not just convenient to make but are also high in taste. Whether you are looking for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or snacks, you will get everything you crave for.
Prominent Features of Tata Q Ready-to-Eat Food:
- Tata Q meal packs are quick, easy, and delicious, with rich & authentic flavours
- Made with high-quality ingredients, these meals are safe to consume & healthy
- It has various options to choose from, like biryani, noodles, pasta, kebab, etc.
- Great packaging
- Easy to make
- Highly accessible
- Neat preparation
- Slightly expensive
Why We Picked Tata Q Ready-to-Eat Food?
Introducing to you Tata Q meal boxes that are packed with authentic flavourful aromas and can be prepared within 60 seconds of heating it up. Made with a professional chef’s touch, these meals are great in taste and sealed using a unique sterilisation technology to keep them safe for a long.
The Taste Company
The Taste Company is a quick food brand that offers food made with household recipes for healthy consumption. In other words, the company makes ready-to-eat dishes that have already been prepared and can be enjoyed by just pouring hot water, with no more preparation necessary. It is indeed a perfect brand to satisfy your hunger effortlessly.
Prominent Features of The Taste Company Ready-to-Eat Food:
- It ensures the conservation of natural nutrients, flavour, softness, fragrance, and texture in the food
- Offers exciting combos of both vegetarian and non-vegetarian meals in different flavours options
- These are easy-to-store and carry meals that retain moisture, do not get leaked, or change the taste
- Mess-free eating
- Ready in minutes
- High-quality ingredients
- No added colors
Why We Picked The Taste Company Ready-to-Eat Food?
The Taste Company food is created using cutting-edge technology, including a freeze-drying technique, to make them ultra-hygienic and safe to consume. All its meals are made of ingredients that you can trust and enjoy without worrying about your health. With no added colours and flavours, this brand is a great choice.
Kitchens of India
Kitchens of India is an ITC brand of ready-to-eat food products that strives to capture the unique taste and flavours of ethnic meals from around India. The dishes offered by this brand are created using the highest quality ingredients and hand-selected spices for a safe and healthy experience. It is a perfect brand to enjoy the quintessential flavours anytime, anywhere.
Prominent Features of the Kitchens of India Ready-to-Eat Food:
- It offers a broad variety of delectable ready-to-eat culinary dishes from Indian cuisine
- Made with the finest quality ingredients, all these meals are made with no preservatives
- Every product is sterilised with retort process technology to prevent infections or bacteria
- Balanced spices
- Easy to prepare
- Safe and secure
- Well packed meals
- Quantity is a little less
Why We Picked Kitchens of India Ready-to-Eat Food?
From the house of Kitchens of India, these ready-to-eat meals are made by ITC Hotels master chefs for a delicious and mouthwatering experience. Unlike others, it blends the technology of pasteurisation with ancient preservation practices to preserve food without the use of additives. With both veg and non-veg options, this brand is great to check.
Aashirvaad is an Indian brand of essential foods and household items owned by ITC Limited, a leading FMCG company. The company sells spices, wheat, fast mixes, and other items under brand names such as Sunfeast, Aashirvad, Yippee, and others.
It is also regarded for its instant meals lineup, which includes tasty food products like idli sambar, khatta meetha poha, suji halwa, and more.
Prominent Features of Aashirvaad Ready-to-Eat Food:
- Made with real ingredients, these meals have authentic flavours that will take you home
- These are easy-to-make meals that just require you to add hot water, stir, and wait
- Available in different sizes of packaging and has the right balance of spices for all taste buds
- Wide range of options
- No added preservatives
- Healthy meal options
- Extremely affordable
- Only vegetarian options are available
Why We Picked Aashirvaad Ready-to-Eat Food?
Aashirvaad Ready-to-Eat Food brings the taste that delivers you home without making much effort. It offers a range of options, from snacks to sweets, for satisfying your cravings to the fullest. All its products are carefully made with quality ingredients and with no preservatives or artificial colours for healthy consumption.
MTR Foods is a Bengaluru-based Indian food products firm that offers ready-to-eat meals, breakfast mixes, snacks, masalas & spices, and drinks. MTR Foods Pvt. Ltd. is a subsidiary of Orkla, a Norwegian corporation. It is a well-known brand with a 90-year history, serving authentic Indian cuisine that offers delight to every home.
Prominent Features of MTR Ready-to-Eat Food:
- It is especially popular amongst the bachelor crowd for hassle-free making and delicious taste
- Offers natural and vegetarian food options that can be prepared easily and quickly in just 3-4 minutes
- Available in different sizes of packaging and have all the instructions clearly mentioned outside
- Convenient packaging
- Authentic flavours
- Wide variety of options
- Satisfying meals
- Quantity is a little too less
Why We Picked MTR Ready-to-Eat Food?
Get MTR ready-to-eat food options and enjoy a healthy and scrumptious meal without putting any effort. These wholesome and tasty meals are available in a variety of options like poha, butter paneer masala, upma, halwa, and more. If you have Indian tastebuds, these meals by MTR are great for travellers and bachelors.
Cup Noodles is an instant noodles brand invented in 1971 that sells products manufactured by Nissin Food Products Company. The brand offers single servings products in plastic, foam, or paper cups, which are ready to use by just adding boiling hot water.
Apart from instant making, they are fulfilling and taste delicious. Get these noodles and enjoy your meals in just a few minutes.
Prominent Features of Cup Noodles Ready-to-Eat Food:
- Offers the best kind of noodles, including spicy vegetables, spicy chunky chicken, delicious masala, and more.
- These are quick, easy, and portable meal options that are available both for vegetarians and non-vegetarians
- Available at an affordable price, making them a great option without burning holes in your pocket
- Mess-free cooking
- No utensil required
- Great flavours
- Easy availability
- One size packaging
Slurrp is a brand of ready-to-eat cuisine in India that was founded on the idea of providing healthy, tasty, and appealing food all in one spot. To provide you with a safe experience, all the meals are manufactured from super grains, like jowar, ragi, bajra, amaranth, foxtail millet, etc. All these ingredients make these meals high in critical nutrients and good for health.
Prominent Features of Slurrp Ready-to-Eat Food:
- These meals feel light in the stomach and taste delicious when paired with the right flavours
- It offers a healthy version of tasty meals for children, like millet pancakes, dosa, ragi cereal, etc.
- All its meals are free from preservatives, artificial flavours, and synthetic colours that are harmful.
- Healthy and delicious
- Contains no maida
- Zero trans fat
- Easy to cook
- Availability might be an issue
Gits is a Pune, Maharastra-based Indian instant foods company that has been manufacturing dessert mix food products and snacking mix food products for years.
Along with mixes, it has also entered into the comfort ready-to-cook meals segment. With the goal of providing time-saving meal options, it has a range of options like dal makhani, pav bhaji, rajma, palak paneer, etc. For all Indian food lovers, this brand is a great choice.
Prominent Features of Gits Ready-to-Eat Food:
- Comes at a reasonable price, these meals are free from artificial colours and flavours
- All these meals are sterilised with advanced heat and retort technology for long-term usage
- Made with the finest quality ingredients, these meals meet international quality standards
- Authentic flavours
- Easy to carry around
- Does not take time to cook
- Hygienic packaging
- Not easily available offline
From cereals to snacks, Kellogg’s is one of the oldest and most popular brands in India when we talk about instant food. It is a worldwide food corporation located in Michigan, USA, which was established in 1906 by Will Keith Kellogg. The company manufactures and sells ready-to-eat foods under a variety of brand names, including Pringles, Rice Krispies, Corn Flakes, Cheez-It, and more. It also sells packs of instant upma and lets you enjoy a unique twist on your favourite Indian breakfast.
Prominent Features of Kellogg’s Ready-to-Eat Food:
- It has two varieties of fast food options for the consumers: Oats and Upma
- They are packed with energy, proteins, and fibre, which makes them a healthy choice
- Quick, convenient and irresistible options that take 3-4 minutes to get cooked nicely
- Home-style meals
- Different variants available
- Multiple sizes of packaging
- Quick to prepare
- Kellogg’s upma is not easily available
MOM – Meal of The Moment
MOM-Meal of The Moment is a healthful, creative, and rapidly expanding ready-to-eat Indian cuisine company. It provides items that require just the addition of hot water in the container to prepare a hot and appetising meal in 6 to 8 minutes.
The brand serves in India on a variety of channels, including big airlines such as Go First and Indigo Airlines, large retail chains such as Hyper City, Max Hyper Spar, Reliance Retail, TATA- Tesco Star Bazar, and online platforms like Amazon, Flipkart, Paytm, Big Basket, and many more.
Prominent Features of MOM – Meal of The Moment Ready-to-Eat Food:
- It offers a wide range of products like poha, veg biryani, red Thai curry rice, Chinese fried rice, etc.
- Made with fine-quality ingredients, these meals are a great way to enjoy a healthy breakfast
- These meals are easily available and come at an affordable price, letting you save a lot of money
- Lip-smacking lunch
- No artificial flavours
- High source of fibre
- 100% vegetarian
- It could be a little expensive
Riwayat is a ready-to-eat food company that offers a wide variety of items that are delicious and of high quality. The products offered by this brand are made with the highest care, adhering to stringent sanitary methods that meet international requirements. It serves classic food in a sophisticated and modern setting.
Prominent Features of Riwayat Ready-to-Eat Food:
- The brand prepares products using only fresh ingredients and adds no preservatives
- The ready-to-cook range from Riwayat helps you make complex dishes within minutes
- These are prepared with love and enthusiasm, resulting in the greatest flavour imaginable
- Convenient packaging
- Ready to cook
- No preservatives
- Made with fresh spices
Murginns is an Indian ready-to-eat food company that produces millet granola, delectable morning cereals, and high-nutritional-value porridge. It also offers different varieties of Tikki mix for easy cooking. All its foodstuffs are made with quality ingredients that can be trusted and have a delicious taste. Get these ready-to-eat food options and make your meals enjoyable and less stressful.
Prominent Features of Murginns Ready-to-Eat Food:
- All the meals are made with plant-based ingredients that let you take care of your health
- They are carefully made without any gluten, soy, or artificial additives that might be harmful
- Well-packed boxes of meals that stay preserved for long even out using preservatives
- Great flavours
- Healthy option
- Different variants
- High-quality ingredients
- Not really an affordable option
Bogatchi is one of the growing chocolate brands in India that provides exceptional quality as well as traditional flavour chocolates. However, with time, it has expanded itself and tried its hands in the ready-to-eat food market.
It came up with a range of ‘Quick Meals’ that are perfect for an authentic Dhaba experience in your home. This brand maintains the highest food and safety requirements, making it a must-try.
Prominent Features of Bogatchi Ready-To-Eat Food:
- Offers 100% vegetarian products that offer authentic Indian flavours with ease
- All the meals are FSSAI-certified and lab-tested to ensure safe and healthy usage
- It is the most convenient food product that is well packed and takes 10 minutes to get ready
- Magnificent taste
- Multiple safety checks
- Variety of options
- Balanced flavours
With the rise in demand for packaged food, both in the local and international markets, India has increased its production massively. The above-mentioned are some of the top-notch brands that are ruling the market for their quality, delicious, and safe options. Among all these options, our go-to brands are Tata Q, MTR Foods, and Gits. Check out the entire list and let us know which one is your favourite from the lot.
Which is the best ready-to-eat food brand in India?
Haldiram’s, Maggi, Tata Q, MOM, and Yu Foodlabs are some of the best ready-to-eat food brands in India that offer good quality products.
Is Indian ready-to-eat healthy food?
Yes, Indian ready-to-eat foods are healthy and certified by FSSAI.
What is the most sold ready-to-eat food in India?
According to various reports, Maggi noodles are the most sold ready-to-eat food in India.
Is MTR upma good for health?
MTR up is good for health and is both quick to prepare and delicious. It takes about 3 minutes to bring it out of the packet and ready to serve.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
CashKaro reviews are meticulously created by a team of experts who study and test multiple options available in the market and choose the ones that offer the best results. For this blog of the best ready-to-eat food brands in India, we have compared brands on the basis of their quality, taste, packaging, prices, and availability. Customer reviews are also taken into consideration to ensure no shady products will make it to our list.