Do you have hectic work schedules that make it difficult to cook a meal from scratch? Or do you like quick and easy recipes that you can whip up in a matter of minutes? If yes, then frozen foods are the answer to all your needs! Apart from being ridiculously convenient to put together, frozen food is also super tasty. Over the years, many people are becoming inclined towards frozen foods because of how easy and delicious they are. So if you’re looking for it online, we’ve curated a list of the best frozen food brands in India.
Our Top Picks:
How Do We Choose the Best Frozen Foods for You?
Choosing frozen foods can be a little tricky but worry not, we’ll help you with that today. In India, you can buy good quality frozen foods ranging from Rs 35 to Rs 399. Here are some basic factors that you can consider before purchasing them.
Taste & Convenience
Everyone has a different palate and preferences when it comes to food. It should be made with premium ingredients, filled with aromatic spices, cheese, etc., to enhance its taste. You should also look for foods that cook up quickly to save a lot of time.
Shelf life plays a huge role in defining whether you would buy frozen foods or not. The longer the shelf life, the better it is for you.
List of 11 Best Frozen Food Brands in India
Amul is India’s largest dairy and FMCG company which was founded in the year 1946 by Tribhuvandas Patel. It’s also known as one of the largest frozen food manufacturers in India and has its headquarters in Anand, Gujarat. The brand was initiated under the guidance of Sardar Vallabhai Patel and has grown to be a top player in the market today. It also generated a revenue of Rs 39,248 crore in the financial year 2020-21.
Prominent Features of the Amul Cheese Poppons:
- Flavourful cheese balls filled with paneer, capsicum, chilli, and coriander leaves
- Cheddar cheese adds a gooey and rich texture to these poppons
- Has 12 pieces in each pack and weighs 240 grams
- Comes with a green chutney that weighs 50 grams
- Thawing not required
- Vegetarian product
- Breadcrumbs add a nice and crispy texture
- Poppons may break while shipping
Why We Picked the Amul Cheese Poppons?
These Cheese Poppons by Amul are the perfect snack for lazy Sundays and movie nights. The crispy layer on top and the gooey cheese inside is a delight to eat and many people are loyal buyers of this product. All you need to do is fry these pre-made, frozen cheese balls to enjoy them within minutes!
Iscon Balaji is a prominent packaged and frozen food brand that was launched in 2012. The brand has Balaji Wafers as its parent company and has its headquarters in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. It mainly retails potato-based products such as french fries, potato chips, frozen patties, cheese balls, etc.
Prominent Features of the Herb Potato Patty by IBF:
- The patty is made with fresh potatoes and spices
- A combination of aromatic herbs and spices makes it delectable
- Has a shelf life of 18 months
- Cooks up within 2-3 minutes
- Tastes and smells amazing
- Quick cooking time
- It can be deep-fried, baked, or pan-fried
- It may not be easily available online
Why We Picked the Herb Potato Patty by IBF?
This Herb Potato Patty by IBF tastes as delicious as it looks in the picture! It has a mix of aromatic herbs blended with great quality potatoes that can be kept frozen and used whenever you like. The patties have a shelf life of up to 18 months when kept frozen under -18 degrees. You can simply heat up some butter or oil on a pan and fry these patties until you get the desired crispiness on the outside.
Also Check:- Best pizza delivery App
Founded in 1910, ITC is one of the largest conglomerates in India that runs a widespread business today. The company deals in the FMCG sector, hotel chains, and software/infotech too. It exports products to several countries in the Indian subcontinent and the Gulf region. It also generated a massive consolidated net profit of Rs 3,763 crores as of September’21 and continues to grow the business even more with each year.
Prominent Features of the ITC Lime & Mint Wedges:
- Made with premium quality potatoes
- Have a blend of zingy pudina and lemon flavour
- Wedges cook up to be crisp on the outside and soft on the inside
- Come in a packet and weigh 320 grams
- It can be deep-fried, air-fried, and baked
- Has no preservatives
- No artificial colours
- Vegetarian product
- It may not be very flavourful
Why We Picked the Lime & Mint Wedges by ITC?
These Lime & Mint Wedges by ITC are frozen and can be cooked instantly! The potato wedges cook to be crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside, just like an ideal potato wedge. The pudina and lemon flavour hits just the spot and tastes amazing! You can try pan-frying or shallow frying to make these wedges a little healthier.
Tata Q is a ready-to-eat foods brand that’s a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tata Consumer Products. The brand is headquartered in Kolkata and is known as one of the largest FMCG companies in India. All the products from Tata Q are made by ace chefs from the world and are super convenient to cook as well. Tata Consumer Products generated a revenue of Rs 286 crores as of September 2021.
Prominent Features of the Tata Q Vegetable Biryani:
- Made using supreme basmati rice
- Has a blend of aromatic Indian spices
- Has carrots, onions, french beans, green peas, green chilli, and mint
- The vegetables are cooked to perfection
- Gets ready to eat in 60 seconds in the microwave or 2-3 minutes in a hot water bath
- Weighs 1 kg
- Takes only 60 seconds to get done in a microwave
- Perfect for vegetarians
- Tastes really good
- A little bland
Why We Picked the Tata Q Vegetable Biryani?
This Vegetable Biryani by Tata Q will satiate all your biryani cravings. The blend of perfectly cooked rice with aromatic spices and veggies is to die for. If you’re a vegetarian who stays super occupied with work or other errands, this box of ready-to-eat biryani masala can be your go-to option. Just put it in the oven for about 60 seconds and devour it!
Handi is a part of Jumbo International, which is a popular canned and frozen foods company in India. The brand was launched in the year 1978 and has grown by multifold in the last few decades. Handi particularly retails Indian curries and quick recipes that are frozen and sold as ready-to-cook packages. You can find a variety of kebabs, burger patties, cheese appetisers, etc., under Handi that is easily available online.
Prominent Features of the Handi Cheese Balls:
- Made with fresh potatoes and green chillies
- Has breadcrumbs and wheat flour to add a crunchy texture
- Contains cheese for a gooeyness
- Comes in a packet and weighs 450 grams
- Shelf life of 12 months
- Vegetarian product
- FSSAI approved
Why We Picked the Handi Cheese Balls?
These Cheese Balls by Handi are the perfect finger food for when you’re organising parties or just a cosy movie night with friends. They are light and crisp on the outside and filled with cheesy goodness on the inside, which just melts in your mouth. All you need is to just fry them up and serve them hot with spicy chutney. The cheese balls are not too high in spice, so anyone who has a low spice tolerance will also enjoy these!
Bikaji is a popular processed foods brand hailing from Rajasthan that’s hyped for very valid reasons. It was founded in 1987 by Shri Shivratan Agarwal when mass production of bhujia was not done by any other brand. The company speaks volumes about authentic Indian spices and flavours that truly speak of the rich Rajasthani culture. Mr Amitabh Bacchan is the brand ambassador of Bikaji today and the brand works to evolve even further with its high-quality products in the coming decades.
Prominent Features of the Bikaji Parathas:
- Made with wheat flour and oil
- Cook to become crispy and flaky on the outside
- Has a soft and warm texture on the inside
- It can be eaten with curries, veggies, pickles, and dips
- Comes in a pack and has 6 pieces each
- Has a home-like taste
- Cooks up quickly
- It may not be easily available in India
Why We Picked the Bikaji’s Frozen Food Range?
Bikaji retails a huge variety of frozen products for its international consumers, most of which aren’t available in India. Some of the famous products are frozen paranthas, rotis, curries, dal makhani, upma, poha, kathi rolls, etc. All the food is ready to cook and you can put it together within a few minutes. You can also find great quality frozen sweets such as gulab jamun, mango halwa, etc under this brand.
McCain Foods is no doubt one of the best-selling frozen food brands in India. It was launched in 1957 by Harrison McCain and Wallace McCain and has its headquarters in New Brunswick, Canada. Although a Canadian brand, McCain has managed to garner a great reputation in the Indian market by catering its products to Indian tastes. You will get a variety of frozen foods, such as fries, crisps, cheese balls, etc, under McCain in India.
Prominent Features of the McCain Smiles Crispy Potatoes:
- The Smiles Crispy Potatoes are one of the best-sellers by McCain after its french fries
- All you need is to defrost the potato, heat some oil, and fry them up until they are golden and crispy
- The potato tastes fresh, and the spice mix on top makes it extra delicious
- If you have kids at home who are picky about food, they will enjoy eating these potato smiles
- Weigh 450 grams
- Trans-fat free
- No cholesterol
- Amazing taste and texture
Founded in 1976, MTR is a popular food company based in Bengaluru, India. The brand is owned by Orkla, which is a popular Norwegian consumer goods company. It has managed to gain a reputable image in the market with its top-notch products. It produces ready-to-cook meals, spices, pickles, confectionery items, desserts, and beverages in India.
Prominent Features of the MTR Vada with Sambar & Chutney Pack:
- This pack of Vada with Sambar & Chutney are a delight for anyone looking for a quick South Indian breakfast
- All you need to do is defrost the vada in the microwave for about a minute and then fry it up until cooked properly
- Heat the sambar in a separate bowl and put the chutney pouch in warm water until liquified
- Home-cooked taste wherever you are
- Authentic flavours
- May not be easily available in India
Kohinoor is a prominent food brand in India, famous for its amazing quality of Basmati Rice. The brand was founded in the year 1989 and has seen exponential growth in a few decades. It retails staples such as wheat, rice, pulses, and ready-to-cook meals as well. The brand has a stellar clientele spread across the US, Europe, the UK, New Zealand, and Asia.
Prominent Features of the Kohinoor Vegetable Seekh Kebab:
- This Vegetable Seekh Kebab by Kohinoor is the perfect snack to satiate hunger pangs
- It’s made with finely chopped veggies, spices
- It is cooked in tandoor to give it a natural smoky flavour
- All you need to do is to defrost the kebabs and pan-fry them until they are warm and soft
- Weighs 460 grams
- Aromatic Indian spices
- Can be cooked within minutes
- Comes in a microwaveable packaging
Haldiram’s is a popular sweets company that runs a restaurant chain in the country. It was founded in 1941 by Ganga Bishan Agarwal and has its headquarters in Nagpur, India. The brand is famous for Indian sweets and snacks that are affordable and easily available as Haldiram’s has several stores spread across India.
Prominent Features of the Haldiram’s Fresh Onion Paratha:
- This fresh Indian Parantha by Haldiram’s is perfect for people who are travelling overseas or just anyone who loves paranthas
- The finely chopped onions are mixed with authentic Indian spices and filled perfectly in round wheat bread
- It is quick to make and tastes delicious
- The pack contains no preservatives and will last you for months if kept under -18 degrees Celcius
- The pack weighs 400 grams and contains 4 pieces each
- Vegetarian product
- No preservatives
- Flavoursome parathas
Gits is another popular food company that manufactures ready-to-cook meals, instant mixes, dessert mixes, etc. The brand was established in 1963 and has its headquarters in Mumbai.
Prominent Features of the Gits Pau Bhaji:
- This pack of Pau Bhaji by Gits is super easy to put together
- It has a great blend of veggies that are mixed well with spices
- The pav bread is soft so all you need to do is to heat it all up, add a dollop of butter, and a squeeze of lemon to enjoy this delicacy at home
- The pack weighs 300 grams
- No preservatives
- 100% vegetarian
- Perfect level of spice
- Might have a distinctive smell
For the days when you’re lazy or away from home, frozen foods can be a big life-saver. In this article, we have listed some of the best frozen food brands in India on the basis of shelf life, taste, and texture. While our favourites are Amul, Tata Q, ITC, and McCain, don’t forget to explore the whole list to find something that you love!
What are the best-frozen food manufacturers in India?
McCain, Amul, ITC, Tata Q, and Bikaji are some of the best-selling frozen food brands in India.
Is frozen food healthy for you?
Frozen food is able to retain its original nutritional profile so it can be considered healthy. However, if you’re consuming a lot of deep-fried frozen food, it can result in increased cholesterol.
Which McCain product is best?
McCain’s cheese balls, potato smiles, veggie nuggets, garlic chilli potato bites, and masala fries are considered some of the best by the brand.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
We have a team of skilled researchers who test and try products before curating this list. For the frozen foods blog, we considered factors such as freshness, taste, flavour, and shelf life to find something that truly stands out in terms of quality. Our goal is to ensure that you get the best product suggestions and you will never find a subpar product on our lists.