Are you looking for a razor that trims and gives a perfect finish to your face after shaving?
Some of the razors cause razor bumps, ingrown hairs, razor burns and inflammation that leads to further skin irritation. This is why choosing the right razor is important for your skin. Here are some of the best razor brands in India for men that manufacture razors which are right for your skin.
Our Top Recommendations
How Do We Choose the Best Razors for You?
Based on your skin type and other preferences, you may tailor your shave with a wide variety of razors available in the market. However, choosing the perfect razor may be a daunting task. Therefore, we are here to help you out in your search for the perfect razor. In India, a good quality razor costs anywhere between Rs 120 to Rs 1,000 or more. Before you jump into our recommendations of the best razors available in India, we suggest you go through the factors that helped us decide on the best products for you.
Type of Razor
Men’s razor comes in a wide variety of options. The first thing you should decide upon while buying a razor is its type.
Disposable razors can be thrown away after one time use since they don’t last very long. They are reasonably priced, making them accessible to anyone. Additionally, disposable razors are light and transportable for your trip. They are thus perfect for shaving in an emergency.
Another type of widely available razor for men is an electric razor. These razors are quick and might help you save a lot of time. An electric razor may be used while travelling. Additionally, they do not need shaving cream. They are also highly safe for your skin.
Cartridge razors are an additional choice to think about. They are also excellent choices for a secure and clean shave. Additionally, cartridges for cartridge razors are simpler to replace.
Number of Blades
The next thing you should consider while buying a razor is the number of blades. Although it may seem that one razor blade can remove your body hair in the same manner as two or four blades can, this isn’t really the case. Consider choosing a razor with 4 or 5 blades if you want a close, smooth shave.
Size of Blade
When purchasing a razor, the blade size is crucial. You could find it difficult to shave the skin around your ears or the region beneath your nose if your razor has particularly big blades. On the other hand, using extremely tiny blades may require a lot of labour. Therefore, choosing a razor with the proper blade size should be a top consideration. The ideal blade size is 5/8 inches. These blades have medium sizes, making them widely available on the market. Additionally, medium-sized razor blades are less likely to nick skin or irritate it.
The quality of a razor is determined by its sharpness. In the shortest amount of time possible, you can give yourself the perfect cut with a sharp razor. Take care of your razor so that it retains its sharpness and does not get dull quickly.
You are more prone to cut yourself while the shaving blades are motionless. Look for the terms like ‘flexible blades’ on the label before making a purchase. Such blades assist you in getting an immaculately smooth shave by individually adjusting while you shave. It also helps to use a razor with an ergonomic handle since you can hold it more comfortably and have greater shaving control.
11 Top Razor Brands for Men in India
Gillette Fusion Razor has 5 blades technology and a precision trimmer that gives an unmatched shaving experience. The lubrastrips provided in the razors release lubricants that reduce friction between your skin and the razor. Gillette Razors also have soft micro fins which prevent cuts and other skin irritations.
Number of Blades: 5
Prominent Features of the Gillette Fusion Razor:
- The blades swivel from side to side and from front to back thanks to the Flexball Technology
- Additionally, because the pivot is in motion most of the time, it lowers the strain on your wrist, elbow, and shoulder joints
- Features an indication lubra strip that progressively fades to white when you’re not getting a close enough shave
- Anti-friction technology
- Enhanced lubra strip for smooth gliding
- Gets even hard-to-reach hair
Why We Picked the Gillette Fusion Razor?
The majority of men who routinely shave lament missing hairs, especially in the highly sculpted parts of the face. The Gillette Fusion Razor includes precision trimmer technology on the rear of the cartridge, which helps shape all kinds of beard styles. Get the closest, most accurate shave you’ve ever had every morning with the Gillette Fusion Razor.
Personna Double Edge razors have stainless steel blades that reduce the cuts on your skin that occur while shaving. The lubricating strip reduces friction between your skin and the razor. The blades of the razor are L-shaped that rinse through well.
Number of Blades: 5
Prominent Features of the Personna Razor:
- Twelve replacement cartridges and a strong grip are included with the Personna Men’s 5 Blade Razor
- Vitamin E provided by the razor makes your skin free from impurities and brings back the lost glow of your skin
- For rapid cartridge changes, the handle incorporates a one-finger cartridge release
- Provides smooth and accurate shave
- No-slip grip
- Curved ergonomic handle
Why We Picked the Personna Razor?
Since 1906, Personna has been a well-known brand name in razors. This is the razor blade you want if you want a cheaper alternative to pricey options with comparable performance. Additionally, the razor features a lubricating strip enhanced with aloe and vitamin E for an even smoother glide.
Bombay Shaving Company
With the Bombay Shaving Company premium metal safety razor for guys, rediscover the art of shaving and obtain the closest single-stroke shave. The single-blade precision safety razor for men is not only stunning to look at but also created to master the art of a real one-stroke shave that is better for your skin.
Number of Blades: 1
Prominent Features of the Bombay Shaving Company Razor:
- Has a double-edged blade for increased efficacy that moves smoothly over the face to prevent cuts and nicks
- Every stroke is within your control because of the gliding movement that is helped by gravity
- Comes with a strong alternative clamp for facial hair that is thicker
- Glides easily over the skin for accurate shaving
- Weighted grip for a smooth, pleasant shave
- Expertly engineered with a smooth chrome finish
Why We Picked the Bombay Shaving Company Razor?
The razors from Bombay Shaving Company have a nickel-chrome finish. Platinum-coated stainless steel blades and metal materials are used in its construction. Its strong clasp setting enhances the shaving effectiveness even further with a one-stroke shave.
Merkur Razors are designed for close and professional shaves. The chrome coating with a grip pattern provides you with a great shaving experience. Standard double-edge blades reduce cuts and friction while shaving.
Number of Blades: 1
Prominent Features of the Merkur Razor:
- The two-piece chrome-plated die-casted zinc razor head is engineered to survive several blade changes since it has no pieces that may break
- Despite having a sturdy diamond-patterned non-slip knurling, the chrome-plated surface feels smooth on your skin yet secure in your hands
- By using just one blade, you limit the amount of skin-to-blade contact, which lessens skin irritation, redness, and helps prevent ingrown hairs and pimples
- Prevents skin irritation
- Blades can be replaced easily
- Provides a luxury shaving experience
Why We Picked the Merkur Razor?
Since 1896, Merkur of Solingen has served as a representation of exquisitely crafted steel works of art. The Merkur Razor provides the closest shave without irritating skin from several blades. This razor is quite comfortable in your hand and provides you with a smooth and close shave.
We have also created a blog where we have featured some of the top women’s razor brands in India. Do have a look and let us know about your top picks.
Dorco is the world’s first 6-blade razor which also offers a precision trimmer at the back. It reduces cuts and irritations and is enriched with vitamin E for healthier-looking skin. After every shave and trim, your skin is soothed by the Dual SmoothShield lubricating strip.
Number of Blades: 6
Prominent Features of the Dorco Razor:
- The 6-Blade MicroSpan Technology guarantees a close shave with no skin irritation and swelling
- For a smooth and pleasant shave, the razor features a strip infused with vitamin E, argan oil, avocado oil, aloe vera, and other ingredients
- Your skin is stretched by the SleekFlow Guard Bar, releasing just the proper amount of foam for a close shave
- Incorporated with Open Flow Cartridges to provide fast and simple washing of the blades
- No skin irritation
- Non-slip rubber handle
- Strong grip
Why We Picked the Dorco Razor?
Dorco Razor makes it simple to cleanly shave difficult-to-reach areas, such as the moustache region. The razor is equipped with the first 6-blade shaving technology in the world, a broad SleekFlow guard bar, and MicroSpan technology. The blades are placed closer together and reduce the amount of skin that bulges between them for a safe, smooth shave.
Pearl Safety Razors come with a traditional design and provide excellent balance and grip. The razor, which is made of brass, provides the right angle and exposure for a smooth and comfortable shave. Pearl Razors are deliberately weighted in the head so that you can shave with little to no effort thanks to the weight of the razor.
Number of Blades: 1
Prominent Features of the Pearl Razor:
- A closed-comb razor head uses a straight safety bar that runs parallel to the length of the razor blade to provide the user with more protection
- Pearl Razors will endure a lot longer than conventional plastic disposable razors because of their sturdy brass metal
- A metal safety razor from Pearl will be more cost-effective in the long term, provide a better shave, and be environmentally friendly
- Durable and long-lasting
- Smooth and accurate shaving
Kloze Razors make your grooming routine simple, quick, and enjoyable. For a hassle-free shaving experience, the Kloze Razor has been expertly constructed. The razor head can travel in all four directions (up, down, left, and right) thanks to a multi-axis pivot. This adaptable header movement makes it easier to shave the challenging regions while preventing nicks and cuts.
Number of Blades: 3
Prominent Features of the Kloze Razor:
- A close and clean shave is guaranteed by the 3 double-coated sharp blades with precise edges
- The cutting-edge rubber grip provides total control for simple movement while shaving
- The protective strip underneath the lubricated gel strip protects the skin from abrasion while moisturising it
- The four-directional razor head effortlessly shapes the face and easily reaches all the challenging places
- Rubber grip with an ergonomic handle
- Protective and lubricated strip to prevent irritation
- Double-coated sharp blades for an accurate and close shave
- Collects a lot of foam while shaving
Romer 7 Razors are double-edge razors with a traditional design. It provides excellent grip and balances for regular users and beginners. The razor ensures the right angle for a perfect finish. Additionally, the razor comes with a plastic safety cover kit box.
Number of Blades: 5
Prominent Features of the Romer 7 Razor:
- The Romer 7 Razor leads to fast and simple blade changes thanks to an easy-loading system
- High-quality alloy metals are employed in this razor to provide a long-lasting shaving experience
- The Romer 7 Razor provides excellent balance, solid grip, and a metal handle with a diamond cut
- Excellent grip knurled handle
- Ideal blade angle
- Medium-weight head for easy shaving
The Lets Shave Razor features the first twin Blade technology with an open-flow cartridge. It allows for a closer, smoother shave and more hair exposure. Additionally, the wide guard bar stretches the skin for easy shaving.
Number of Blades: 2
Prominent Features of the LetsShave Razor:
- The pivoting head moves smoothly and simply along the lines of your face to give you a great shaving experience
- A lubricating strip is used to prevent irritation and to leave your skin feeling clean and fresh
- Rubber grip handle for better control when wet and a safer shave
- Simple and fast to rinse the blades
- Ergonomic non-slip handle
- Smooth and accurate shave
SuperMax has a 3-blade technology with trimmer blades which gives a smooth shave. SuperMax provides a range of razors like Double Edge Blades razors, single and twin-blade disposable razors, triple-blade razors and much more. These razors come in an affordable range, which you can buy according to your requirements.
Number of Blades: 3
Prominent Features of the SuperMax Razor:
- The long handle of the SuperMax Razor helps make your grip firmer so that you can shave without any worries
- The SuperMax razor prevents nicks and cuts on the surface of your skin by living over your skin smoothly
- The flex technology in the razor handle adapts to contours and almost removes every hair
- Smoothly glides on the surface of the skin
- Prevents cuts
- Provides an accurate shave
For more than 40 years, Ashoka Safety Razor has created the best shaving equipment and traditional men’s grooming supplies in the world. They have been a pioneer in safety razor design and innovation, making sure that every one of their products is produced to the highest standards. The Ashoka Men’s Razor provides you with a comfortable, safe shave.
Number of Blades: 5
Prominent Features of the Ashoka Razor:
- The brass safety Razors are built to endure, thanks to the use of only the best materials
- The double edge razor blades provide a tight, comfortable shave that doesn’t irritate the skin
- The long handle makes it simpler to manipulate and gives a stronger grip for the ideal shave
- Precise and smooth shaving
- Long handle for proper grip
- Safe and durable
In order to achieve a smooth, regulated, and balanced shaving experience, one needs to opt for razors with flexible blades. Based on our research, Gillette Fusion, Personna, Bombay Shaving Company, and Merkur are our top picks for the best razor brands in India for men. While making our recommendations, we also took into consideration factors like types of razors, the number of blades, the size of the blade, sharpness, and flexibility. Let us know which one worked out the best for you!
How many-blade razor is best?
The majority of dermatologists advise using two blades because they seem to reduce the risk of nicks. The razor head takes up less space on steep curves and is simpler to manage.
What razor is used by barbers?
Barbers generally use shavette razors worldwide in barbershops and shave shops. This razor’s special ‘clip to shut’ mechanism holds the razor blade firmly in place and in the ideal alignment.
Is 3 or 5 blade razor better?
A five-blade razor is better for a smooth shave. Instead of three blades, five blades spaced properly apart decrease that bulge. This makes the skin more level, with a more than 30% reduction in bulging. You get a close, pleasant shave as a consequence, and you have a lower chance of cutting yourself.
How long does a 5 blade razor last?
Ideally, you should replace your razor blade is between 5 and 10 shavings. The number of times is actually based more on the thickness and density of your facial hair.
Is straight razor shaving better?
Yes, shaving with a straight razor is better. Ingrown hairs, razor pimples, and other common skin illnesses are less likely to occur with straight shaving than with cartridges or electric razors. Safety bars, lubricating strips, and numerous blades may clog with hair, skin, soap, and grime.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
Highly experienced and competent researchers at CashKaro work hard to provide you with the finest market suggestions available online. To create a list of products you can trust, we evaluate various products and compare them based on a variety of factors. Razors for men cost anywhere between Rs 120 to Rs 1,000 or more, depending upon the quality and brand. We really hope that this list will assist you in reaching an educated conclusion.