Trekking is a walking expedition that people nowadays enjoy a lot. While it is a great way to explore surroundings, nature, and mountains, it requires a long, vigorous walk for several days. But to successfully walk your way, you need a reliable and sturdy companion, i.e., a pair of trekking shoes, that will help you stay comfortable and provide you with the required support.
If the wanderlust in you always craves adventure, here are some of the best trekking shoe brands for you to pick from. We have narrowed down your search process and picked the brands that have been favoured by seasoned trekkers over the years.
Our Top Recommendations
How Do We Choose the Best Trekking Shoe Brands for You?
Trekking shoes are extremely important for those who love to hike and trek over rugged terrains for long distances. Investing in good-quality shoes offers a firm grip on the rough and rigid ground and allows them to walk comfortably. On the contrary, picking the wrong pair can result in undue cramping and stress on the calves. However, to avoid this, you must get yourself shoes from one of the best trekking shoe brands.
Before you dive into our list of top recommendations, have a look at the factors that you must keep in mind while making the selection.
The sole design is a crucial element to look upon for making the right selection. Talking about trekking shoes, it is important to have shoes whose sole offers multi-terrain grip. At all the brands mentioned on the list, you will get shoes with the required sole. However, make sure you check for the sole that is apt for the terrain you are visiting.
Comfort is an important feature of trekking shoes that you must consider while making a purchase. Since you will be required to walk long trails for days in different weather conditions and on various terrains, choosing a pair of shoes with excellent comfort is essential. It should be made of breathable material and have waterproof fabric for better comfort.
List of 14 Best Trekking Shoe Brands in India
Merrell is a footwear company founded by Clark Matis, Randy Merrell, and John Schweitzer in 1981. Popularly known for producing high-performance hiking and trekking shoes, it offers a range of heavy-duty and lightweight shoe options. Also, this brand offers products for men, women, and children.
Merrell Men’s J06029w
Prominent Features of Merrell Trekking Shoes:
- It has a waterproof membrane that soaks in all the water
- Made with durable material, it has a supportive footbed
- Features traditional lace closure for a secure, comfortable fit
- The shoe has a lightweight EVA foam for better stability
- The sole of the shoes is slip-resistant and offers grip on all surfaces
- Rubber sole
- Water-resistant upper
- High-quality material
- Integrated cushion pod
- Air cushion heel
- EVA foam midsole
Why We Picked Merrell Trekking Shoes?
Experience out-of-the-box comfort while trekking with Merrell shoes. They are made with durable leather material, and the shoes let moisture escape and keep your feet safe. Also, you get an abrasion-resistant toe cap for added protection.
Salomon is a French company that is known for manufacturing excellent sports equipment and accessories. It is committed to innovative design, and its passion for mountain sports made them create a vast range of revolutionary shoes. If you’re looking for a classy pair of shoes for your next adventure, you can always count on Salomon for the best ones.
Salomon Synthetic X Ultra 3
Prominent Features of Salomon Trekking Shoes:
- Its EVA sole adds to the shock prevention and security
- Toecap and mudguard safeguard you from sudden injuries
- Soft midsole cradles the foot and offers maximum comfort
- Gives you a multi-directional grip with improved traction on all surfaces
- The shoe has breathable mesh and textile lining for easy wear
- Toecap protection
- Breathable lining
- Quick-lacing closure
- Multi-directional grip
- Tight mesh
- Comfortable fit
- The finishing could be better
Why We Picked Salomon Trekking Shoes?
Salomon Trekking Shoes are among the best products that are capable of handling long treks. These are made with anti-debris mesh that prevents debris from getting trapped between your foot and the footbed. It also has a lace pocket for easy storing of your laces.
Timberland is a renowned shoe manufacturer in India that offers innovative, high-quality trekking shoes for all adventure seekers. The brand is known for producing hiking boots that are both lightweight and comfortable. Here, you can find boots that are designed for long-distance treks on all kinds of terrains and weather conditions. You can wear them for an extended period without feeling sore.
Timberland Ledge Mid WP Hiking Boots
Prominent Features of Timberland Trekking Shoes:
- These are waterproof boots that help feet stay dry
- Comes in four different colour options for a better choice
- Tongues and zippers are coated with a water-resistant solution
- Made with ReBOTL material, these shoes are highly durable
- Features rustproof D-ring hardware around the laces
- Comfortable and supportive
- High-quality material
- Perfect for all seasons
- Long-lasting durability
- Seamless construction
- Size availability might be an issue
Why We Picked Timberland Trekking Shoes?
Timberland Ledge Mid WP Hiking Boots feature an EVA footbed with extra cushioning. These versatile trail boots provide excellent stability and traction for comfortable wear in all weather conditions.
Adidas is another top name in the Indian market that began operating by the name of Dassler Brothers Shoe Factory and later changed to Adidas in 1949. It was founded by Adolf Dassler in 1924 and produced various sports and trekking shoes and other accessories worldwide. Here, you can find some of the best shoe options for adventure sports and long-distance treks.
Adidas Terrex CMTK Ind Trekking Shoes
Prominent Features of Adidas Trekking Shoes:
- Made with mesh and synthetic upper for breathability
- Offers long-term cushioning with lightweight EVA midsole
- The shoes are extremely lightweight, providing excellent grip
- Its sock-like construction ensures optimal fit and support
- They have high-traction rubber for long hours of wearing
- Synthetic exterior
- Impressive quality
- Drawstring laces
- Lightweight and durable
- Hassle-free fastening
- Offers high-performance
- There are a bit pricey
Why We Picked Adidas Trekking Shoes?
For a fast and stable walk over alpine terrain, these Adidas trekking shoes are a great pick. These are sturdy and durable shoes that are developed with athlete insights in mind. They offer optimal fit and comfort for easy hiking all the way long.
If you are looking for good quality loafer shoes, then this list of top loafer brands in India can be helpful to you. Do have a look and let us know if you find it helpful.
A budget-focused brand, Columbia has a solid reputation in the market for high-quality shoes. It provides durable shoes crafted with full-grain leather for all your outdoor needs. The brand has a range of trekking boots that are water and stain-resistant for an enhanced experience. Find a pair of shoes for yourself and gear up for your next trek.
Columbia Redmond V2 Wp Hiking Shoes
Prominent Features of Columbia Trekking Shoes:
- It has a non-marking traction rubber outsole with Omni Grip
- Extremely lightweight shoes make it easy to walk for long hours
- These shoes have Techlite midsole with supreme cushioning
- The breathable material of the shoes ensures easy sweat escape
- Available in multiple colors options, you can make a better choice
- Water-resistant rubber sole
- Breathable construction
- Lightweight Midsole
- Suitable for various terrains
- Comfortable fit
- They are a little expensive
Why We Picked Columbia Trekking Shoes?
Columbia Redmond V2 WP Trekking Shoes are an excellent selection from the list that is exclusively designed for outdoor use. It has a lace-up design with a round-toe design for long-lasting comfort. Also, it has reinforced toe and heel construction to guard your feets the best.
Ensure ultimate comfort and breathability for your feet during your adventurous endeavors with the outdoor collection by Woodland. The brand offer shoes that are best suited for trekking and other adventure sports activities. They are made with a fast-drying suede leather upper and have an interesting pattern for comfortable wear.
Woodland Excursion Dnavy Leather Trekking Boots
Prominent Features of Woodland Trekking Shoes:
- It is a robust and rugged pair of shoes, perfect for trekking purposes
- The shoes have rubberised foam padding with cushioned collars
- Features lace fastening with anti-corrosive metal fittings for long-term use
- Made with wear-resistant nubuck upper to keep your feet protected
- The shock-absorbing midsole lets you scale all terrains effortlessly
- Leather exterior
- Casual and stylish design
- Rugged appearance
- Ultimate comfort
- Highly durable shoes
- The shoes are a little heavy in weight
Why We Picked Woodland Trekking Shoes?
Woodland Excursion Dnavy Leather Trekking Boots are an incredible pair of shoes that are highly sturdy for an enhanced trekking experience without hurting your feet. Designed with a rubberised foam insole, these leather boots offer great comfort and ensure a perfect fit.
Keen is an American footwear and accessories manufacturing company based in Portland, Oregon. Founded in 2003 by Martin Keen, it provides trekking shoes designed to take you to any destination you have in mind. All its shoes are designed with security and stability in mind, with quality soles to help you enjoy your trek easily.
Keen Targhee Vent Trekking Shoe
Prominent Features of Keen Trekking Shoes:
- Made with a water-resistant nubuck leather upper, the shoes ensure breathability
- The TPU heel-capture system offers shoes with the required stability
- It has a removable, double-density EVA footbed with a higher-traction grip
- The Premium leather that is being used is environmental-friendly
- These shoes are engineered to provide an excellent arch support
- Water-resistant shoes
- Breathable mesh panels
- Great ankle support
- Super comfortable
- Easy lace adjustment
- Premium pricing
Why We Picked Keen Trekking Shoes?
Keen Targhee Vent is a comfortable and reliable pair of shoes that allows better airflow for long-time wearing. These shoes provide award-winning stability and grip, letting you cover all trails while keeping your feet happy.
Skechers is one such brand where you can find one of the best trekking shoes. You can completely rely on the products that they deliver. The brand brings various shoes that go perfectly with the long-distance trek and are suitable for different weather conditions offering a fantastic trekking experience.
Skechers Relment-Pelmo Hiking Boot
Prominent Features of Skechers Trekking Shoes:
- This lace-up trekking boot has a rugged style for a comfortable fit
- It has a waterproof suede with a mesh upper for better air circulation
- Features air-cooled memory foam insole for long-term usage
- The shoes have a 3-inch shaft height and a 1.5-inch heel for added height
- Available in four different colors: Khakhi, Black, Dark Brown, and Gray
- Designed for comfort
- Perfect fit
- Stylish design
- Suitable for all seasons
- Protects your ankles
Bacca Bucci is one of the upcoming footwear manufacturers that make all kinds of shoes, including trekking and hiking shoes for men and women. The material used passes through quality checks and is used to manufacture contemporary and impressive designs. This brand markets them at inexpensive prices.
Bacca Bucci Militiry Grade Trekking Shoes
Prominent Features of Bacca Bucci Trekking Shoes:
- Made with quality material that can withstand extreme weather conditions
- These shoes are soft and provide high cushioning for a comfortable fit
- It has an advanced pylon rubber with EVA outsole for different terrains
- The camouflage green boots design provides optimum support to the feet
- It can be used for hiking, hunting, fishing, traveling, and other outdoor activities
- Camouflage design
- Ankle length boots
- Comfortable to wear
- Rugged design
- Soft cotton canvas fabric
- These shoes are not completely waterproof
Designed for the generation that is always on their toes, Unistar brings you a range of footwear, including hiking and trekking shoes, women’s shoes, school shoes, acupressure footwear, etc. Each of these is made with skin-friendly material for comfortable wear and walking. The shoes are also resistant to wear and tear and are durable enough to last long.
Unistar Jungle Trekking Boots
Prominent Features of Unistar Trekking Shoes:
- The shoes have oil, stain, and water-resistant material for long-term use
- Features a lace-up closure that makes it easy to wear and offers a perfect fit
- Its high-top style has a padded tongue and collar for added comfort
- Comes with an anti-skid sole to prevent you from slipping or mishaps
- Highly versatile pair of shoes, it can be used for multiple outdoor activities
- Provides firm grip
- Anti-slip sole
- Great grip
- Anti-fatigue comfort
- No-odour technology
- It might feel a little heavy to some
Liberty is an Indian footwear brand that blends fashion and comfort to bring something new. It offers a range of shoes, including sporty casual, formal, and trekking and hiking shoes both for men and women. Made with high-quality material, these shoes truly showcase skilled workmanship and are a perfect choice for enjoying long trails.
Liberty EVEREST-4 Trekking Shoe
Prominent Features of Liberty Trekking Shoes:
- It is a multi-functional shoe that provides great support on all terrains
- Made with high-quality material, these shoes are perfect for heavy wear & tear
- The excellent perspiration absorption of the shoe ensures long time comfort
- It has a protective toe cap with plenty of room to prevent discomfort while trekking
- The shoe is extensively tested for energy levels of up to 200 Joules
- Faux-leather exterior
- Mid-ankle length
- Contemporary design
- Comfortable to wear
- It does not have a steel toe cap, as described by the brand
Fila is a sportswear manufacturer that brings to the table a range of footwear and apparel. It is a subsidiary of Fila Korea Limited and has a wide portfolio of clothing, accessories, and shoes, including trekking and hiking shoes for men and women. When it comes to finding the best trekking shoes, we trust Fila’s robust, classy, funky, and modish collection of shoes and boots suitable for trekkers.
Fila Midland Trail Running Shoe
Prominent Features of Fila Trekking Shoes:
- This pair of shoes has ample cushioning to support your feet
- Its quality mesh upper ensures excellent breathability and comfort
- Made of durable material, these boots stay intact for a long time
- These shoes feature an easy lace-up that offers a perfect fit
- The rubber sole adds traction and provides the perfect grip
- Rubber outer material
- Durable and stylish
- Classy design
- Exceptional comfort
- Perfect fit
- Options are limited
FURO by Redchief
Furo has always been a trusted brand when it comes to sturdy shoes and has highly rated-hiking and trekking boots. The shoes are made with high-quality material and are specially treated to withstand the elements of weather. These are highly durable, which makes them perfect for people who travel frequently or go trekking.
Furo H20002 790 Hiking Shoe
Prominent Features of FURO by Redchief Trekking Shoes:
- Very lightweight; they feel comfortable to wear for long hours
- The shoe has a wide base with a TPU cap that offers excellent heel stability
- The high studs and rubber sole of the shoes ensure excellent grip
- It has a soft-density collar foam that does not put pressure on the ankle
- These are made with breathable air mesh fabric and dry Tex lining
- Excellent safety
- Rubber outsole
- Improved cushioning
- Easy-to-maintain shoes
- Provides better friction
Wildcraft trekking shoes are crafted with a lot of care and offer the best of utility as well as style for enhancing the experience. The shoes are made with a lot of precision and are light and breathable, giving the trekkers a completely at-home feeling even in challenging surroundings. Also, these shoes are extremely sturdy for long-term wear.
Wildcraft Men’s RuNX TR Hugo Trekking Shoes
Prominent Features of Wildcraft Trekking Shoes:
- The shoes have a rubber outsole that is slip resistant and offers great grip
- Its high ankle length has a plush collar for excellent support to your ankle
- The upper of the shoe has PU coverage & TPU protection for protection
- Features molded in socks that add to the comfort for long hours of trek
- Designed with IMEVA midsole that is shock resistant, ensuring a better experience
- Good ground traction
- Dust-proof mesh upper
- Anti-slip design
- Comfortable fit
- Good for all terrains
- They are a little expensive
A good pair of trekking shoes plays an enormous role while you are on an adventure. While choosing the right product from ample options is a task, you can trust the above-mentioned list. These are some of the best trekking shoe brands in India that offer good-quality shoes that you can rely on. They provide shoes that offer the required amount of support and stiffness, along with cushioning for long-term comfort. These shoes are also durable and stay intact for a long. While Timberland and Salomon are our top choices from the list, do let us know which ones are your favorite.
How to choose the best hiking shoes in India?
When choosing the best hiking shoes in India, please keep these things in mind:
1. Always match the size of your foot with the shoe size chart. You may even get a size tight or too loose than your actual shoe size if not compared. Ensure that you choose one size larger than your usual size.
2. The trekking shoes you choose must have a good grip on all kinds of surfaces, as trekkers often have to walk on rugged and uneven surfaces.
3. The sole must be soft yet sturdy enough to withstand sharp stones or metallic objects lying around on the trails.
4. Ankle-length trekking shoes are the best ones, as they support the ankle bone during long walks and trails.
5. Water resistance is another parameter that must be kept in mind while trekking. Shoes resistant to liquids and stains ensure that your feet stay dry even if you step in a puddle unknowingly.
What is the difference between trekking and hiking shoes?
Hiking shoes are lightweight and act more like sports shoes, while trekking shoes are a notch above and more robust than hiking shoes. You can wear hiking shoes while going on shorter-distance walks, weekend treks, or dry terrain. On the other hand, trekking shoes can be worn while going for longer treks in snow, rough terrains, or rain.
What are the top brands for women’s trekking shoes?
While most of the brands mentioned in our list are best for women’s trekking shoes, you can go for Merrell, Keen, Columbia, Reebok, and Adidas if you wish to buy premium-grade trekking shoes for women.
What are the three main types of footwear for hiking?
The three main types of footwear in hiking are:
a) Trail Shoes: Best for hiking in a dry climate, day hiking, and less rugged or rocky path
b) Trail Hikers: Perfect for steeper inclines and muddy pathways
c) Mountain walking: Best for hill walking, backpacking, and mountaineering
Which is the best hiking boot for hiking, trekking, and mountaineering?
Boots are generally light in weight that has a comfortable cushioned insole and a strong and force-resistant outsole. They are the best boots for hiking, trekking, and mountaineering. These boots generally are ankle-high and are suitable for rugged usage. Most of them are also available in high-ankle cuts for maximum support. All you must do is ensure that the boots are made of breathable fabric and have a groovy sole for maximum grip on the ground.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
CashKaro Reviews are created by experts who spend hours researching and studying various options available in the market. For this blog of best trekking shoe brands, we tested different brands on the basis of their product quality, availability, price, and customer ratings. Our aim with these reviews is to make shopping fun and easier for you.