Honey is a highly used product in several Indian households, as its benefits are uncountable. It is a natural sweetener that tastes delicious and works amazingly well to treat ailments. Whether you need to treat cough or add a bright beautiful glow to your skin, honey could be a great option. With the increasing demand for honey in the market, the rate of adulteration has increased as well. Consuming fake or adulterated honey can harm your health in numerous ways, leading to several diseases. Therefore, it is important that you consume good quality honey. In this article, we will discuss the best brands of pure honey in India and how they offer high-quality products to help in your wellness journey.
Benefits of Consuming Honey
- Rich in antioxidants that protect you from free radicals and chronic diseases
- Has antiseptic and antibacterial properties to give your skin a beautiful glow
- Improves digestive health and bowel movements
- Acts as a natural sweetener and tastes great
- Works as a great cough medication
How do we test the best honey brands in India?
Here are some of the best honey brands in India. The price of good quality honey ranges between Rs 200 and Rs 500. When selecting the best honey brands, we analyze several factors like rich antioxidants, organically harvested, naturally sweetened, and more. Furthermore, we chose them based on user satisfaction. On Amazon, all of the products mentioned below have at least a 4/5 rating. Here you can also check: Best Chyawanprash & Milk brands in India.
|Our Top Recommendations||Best Prices on Amazon|
|Sri Sri Tattva||Check Prices|
List of the 10 Top Honey Brands in India
On this page:
Dabur is a well-known brand in the Indian market and enjoys a lot of attention due to its high-quality products. It was founded by SK Burman in the year 1884 and is headquartered in Ghaziabad, UP. The company generated a revenue of Rs 8,989 Crore in the year 2020 and continues to grow immensely in all parts of the world.
- Dabur stands as one of the best manufacturers of natural and Ayurvedic products that are completely safe to use.
- Dabur Honey is the most commonly consumed brand in India and is completely free of adulteration.
- Honey offered by Dabur passes all 22 parameters of FSSAI and excels in terms of quality
- Dabur honey comes in both glass and plastic containers, but it is always best to use glass bottles
- You can also buy the organic variant of Dabur honey if you prefer to use organic products
- Packaging of Dabur honey can be improved
2. Sri Sri Tattva
Formerly known as Sri Sri Ayurveda, Sri Sri Tattva is a prominent brand that manufactures Ayurveda-based medicines and health care products. It was founded in the year 2003 and is currently run by Tej Katpitia, who is the CEO of the company.
- Started as a healthcare brand, Sri Sri has now expanded to groceries, cleaning, and several other household products today.
- The Sri Sri Tattva Honey is one of the best and most natural honey options out there and you can buy it at a very affordable price.
- The brand claims that consuming its honey regular can help you manage your weight and boost your immunity to prevent catching illnesses frequently.
- Great for weight management
- Boosts your immunity & energy
- 100% natural honey with delicious taste
- You can also apply Sri Sri Ayurveda honey on your skin directly and wash it with warm water to keep the skin soft and supple during winters
- Sri Sri Tattva Honey is not frequently available in local stores
Saffola was founded in 1960 but gained traction in 1990 when Marico Limited (parent company) made waves with its healthy for heart Saffola oil.
- The brand gained a lot of popularity and to this day remains one of the most celebrated brands in India.
- It manufactures several home and kitchen products in the affordable bracket and has a loyal customer base in the country.
- The Saffolla Honey contains 100% natural and sugar-free honey that is best for diabetics.
- Saffola honey is tested with the latest NMR technology to ensure complete safety and hygiene
- The honey is rich in antioxidants which boost your immunity and keep you healthy all year long
- Saffola honey also works as a great alternative to sugar or other artificial sweeteners
- Saffola honey is pricey
The brainchild of famous Yoga Guru, Baba Ramdev and Balkrishna, Patanjali has become a top grade consumer goods brand in India. It was founded in 2006 and currently has its headquarters in Delhi. The brand generated a revenue of Rs 30,000 Crore in the year 2021 and continues to grow at an exponential pace.
- Patanjali manufactures beauty, household, and personal care products that are adored by millions of people across the country.
- The Patanjali Honey is sourced from the nectar of flowers and is a great option in the mid-budget range.
- It is rich in fructose, minerals, vitamins, and other nutritious elements that keep you healthy and prevent ailments.
- Patanjali is a brand that you can easily rely on as it doesn’t compromise quality.
- Patanjali Honey is beneficial in the treatment of colds, coughs, and fevers
- Because this honey contains antiseptic properties, it assists in the early healing of injuries
- Patanjali honey is good for managing body weight
- Might not taste great
Zandu Realty is a leading pharmaceutical company based in Mumbai, Maharashtra. It was founded in the year 1910 by Sir Prabhashankar Dalpatram Pattani. It is now owned by Emami, a big name in the Indian FMCG industry.
- The brand produces food and medicines that are made with natural ingredients and are safe to use.
- The Zandu Pure Honey comes with Zero sugar and no added rice/corn/cane sugar, making it a healthier alternative to artificial sweeteners.
- Zandu honey is infused with the goodness of cinnamon, green tea, and lemon that are super beneficial for health and enhance the flavour of the honey even more.
- The honey is rich in antioxidants and minerals that are essential for good health
- The brand claims that it offers honey with more antioxidants for a stronger immune system
- Zandu offers an indigenous mix of Sunderban Honey and Tulsi
- The brand guarantees 100 pure honey (no added C3/C4/Rice/Corn/Cane Sugar)
- Zandu honey’s packaging can be improved
6. Indigenous Honey
If you’re looking for organic honey that is full of antioxidants, Indigenous honey can be a great option to choose. It was founded in 2015 by Vimal Vadher and has gained a lot of popularity in the Indian market today.
- Its honey is derived from bees that are scientifically conserved at the company’s apiary.
- They ensure that no bees are harmed during this process and provide you with the best, most organically sourced product which is highly beneficial for your health.
- The brand guarantees that no corn sugar, cane sugar, or anything else is mixed in the honey
The brand ensures that the method followed by their team to extract honey is in accordance with the national bee board’s good beekeeping practises
- Indigenous honey aids in weight loss and strengthens the immune system
- Indigenous honey is expensive
Apis India Ltd. is a leading food and beverage brand founded in 1925. It has its headquarters in New Delhi and is famous for manufacturing honey, food, and bakery products. The brand is endorsed by fitness icon Milind Soman.
- Its products are ISO – 22000 certified, so you can stay assured about the quality and hygiene.
- You can easily purchase its products online and even at several offline outlets.
- Apis has an incredible honey collection available in easy-to-use packaging.
- The Apis Himlayan Honey is a great alternative to artificial sweeteners and improves your health in numerous ways.
- You can consume it every day with warm water or as dressing in your salads to stay on top of your fitness game.
- Apis provides genuine natural honey collected from the Himalayan valleys.
- Apis honey is not available widely in offline stores
DiSano was founded in 2013 and has been creating international flavours with an Indian twist to please the Indian audience. Whether you need canned olives, olive oils, peanut butter, or honey, DiSano has it all for you.
- The brand has been very well appreciated in the country and has numerous great products under its belt.
- The DiSano Honey is filled with antioxidants and other nutrients that are highly beneficial for your health.
- Disano honey aids in weight management.
- Regularly consuming this honey can increase your metabolism and help greatly in weight management
- The taste and smell is delicious too, so you can add it to your morning teas and coffees as well
- Disano honey is high in enzymes, antioxidants, and vital minerals
- Taste might not be pleasing for everyone
9. Organic India
As the name suggests, Organic India is one of the top producers of healthy and organic food products. The brand was founded in 1997 and has its headquarters in New Delhi, India. It became partners with Fabindia recently and has garnered a lot of attention in the past few years.
- The Organic India honey is organically certified, so you can stay assured about its quality.
- It has a delicious fragrance that you will always enjoy.
- Organic India honey is aromatic, smooth, and irresistibly tasty.
- Serves as a natural source of energy.
- The honey is sourced from Himalayan forests and has a smooth scent
- The brand ensures that no chemicals are used during the process so that you can get the goodness of pure, unadulterated honey
- Organic India offers natural and organic certified products that are good for health
- Organic India products are expensive
10. Jiva Ayurveda
Jiva is an Ayurvedic food and medicine brand founded in 1992 by Dr Partap Chauhan. The brand offers various Ayurvedic products.
- The company is one of the best manufacturers of honey and has its headquarters in Faridabad, Haryana.
- You can find numerous different Ayurvedic medicines and food items under this brand.
- Jiva honey is completely safe for consumption and bear no side effects when taken under medical supervision.
- The Jiva Ayurveda Honey is as delicious as it is healthy for your body
- Jiva honey comes with antioxidants, essential minerals, and flavonoids that enhance your health and make your skin glow from within
- Regular consumption of this honey can help you with weight management and a healthier heart
- Jiva Ayurveda products are not widely available at offline stores
What is the best brand of honey in India?
Some of the top brands of honey in India are – Dabur, Organic India, and Saffola. These brands claim to create natural and completely sugar-free honey which doesn’t crystalise after a while.
How to know if honey is of good quality or not?
The simplest and most common way to do that is to put a spoon full of honey in a glass of water. Pure honey will usually be dense and sit on the surface, while fake honey will dissolve completely with minimal effort.