Sunglasses are one of the most important accessories for any outfit. You can spruce up any basic look with a pair of dashing sunglasses. Not only are they meant to make a fashion statement, but they also protect your eyes. From the UV rays of the sun to the blue light from your mobile screen, a good pair of sunglasses will keep your eyes safe from it all. Here is our list of the best brands of shield sunglasses to make your next purchase.
How Do We Choose the Best Shield Sunglasses Brands?
Shield sunglasses sell like hot cakes when it comes to stylish eyewear. From Bollywood biggies to Hollywood fashionistas, everyone has one. If you’re still struggling to find a pair for yourself, here are some of the best shield sunglass brands available. Premium-quality sunglasses range from Rs 2,000 to Rs 15,000.
We’ve considered various aspects in this list of the best shield sunglasses, including UVA/UVB rays protection, lightweight, comfort, build quality, and more. All of the products listed here also have good ratings on Amazon. Here you can also check the best sunglasses for men & square sunglasses brands in India.
List of 15 Top Shield Sunglasses Brands in India
Skip to Content
Ray-Ban is an Italian brand established by the American company Bausch and Lomb in 1937. In 1999, Bausch and Lomb sold the brand to the sunglasses conglomerate, the Luxottica Group. Ray-Ban provides high-quality frames and anti-glare lenses. Their sunglasses are fashionable and functional as they protect your eyes from harmful UV rays. Used by the military, pilots, and movie stars and adopted by the public everywhere, Ray-Ban has become one of the largest sunglasses brands.
- Ray-Bans glasses are manufactured in Italy. By absorbing 85% of the visible light and blocking out most of the blue light, the green lens ensures better clarity of vision and remarkable colour contrast, providing a more natural vision.
- A two-year guarantee against manufacturing faults is included.
- The Crystal Green Lens offers 100 per cent UV protection as well as visual comfort.
- Each pair of sunglasses comes with a case and lens cloth to keep them clean and free of scratches and damage.
- Provides a more natural vision
- Absorbs 85% of visible light
- Blocks out most of the blue light
- Enhanced colour contrast and visual clarity
- Ray-Ban glasses are expensive
Vogue sunglasses were launched under the same name as the famous fashion magazine Vogue in 1973 and later acquired by Luxottica in 1990. They provide fashionable and quality products at a reasonable price point. Their sunglasses fit properly for comfort and align with the pupils correctly to the optical centre of the lens to provide better vision.
- Sunglasses with UV protection.
- A two-year guarantee against manufacturing faults is included.
- They come with a case and lens cloth to keep them clean and free of damage and scratches.
- They offer a diverse range of products.
- Vogue eyewear represents current fashion trends at an accessible price.
- The brand has evolved into a globally modern fashion brand aimed at youthful, fashion-forward consumers.
Rodenstock is a German sunglasses manufacturing company established in 1877 in Munich. They have a wide range and varied collection of frames and lenses to fit the needs of each customer. They have the perfect fit to provide maximum comfort. The products are a masterpiece of German engineering, offer better quality vision, and are long-lasting.
- Rodenstock sunglasses are the epitome of style.
- These designer sunglasses are not only fashionable, but they also protect your eyes from the sun’s harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays.
- Rodenstock sunglasses are well-fitting and flatter a variety of face shapes.
- They offer both UVA and UVB protection.
- These blinds are made of strong, corrosion-resistant aluminium.
- Rodenstock sunglasses are designed and produced in Germany.
- Limited to premium stores
Based in Lake Forest, California, Oakley is another subsidiary of the Luxottica Group. UV and blue light testing show that Oakley glasses can filter 100% UV rays and more than 90% blue light, reducing the harm caused to the eyes by their exposure. The glasses are also sturdy and do not break easily, lasting longer. They use hydrophobic focal point innovation in the sunglasses, so there is no chance for water or sweat accumulation.
- Oakley’s patented three-point fit ensures that each frame makes contact only at the bridge of the nose and behind the temples.
- The brand’s patented feature retains optics in perfect alignment, maintains a secure fit and eliminates pressure points.
- Oakley’s lightweight O Matter is a durable performance material with regulated flex for convenience and stress resistance.
- They do not distort like acetate over time.
- They are twice as powerful while being 25% lighter.
- Temple can be improved
Maui Jim is a manufacturer of sunglasses based in Peoria, Illinois. The company was founded in Lahaina, Hawaii in 1980. The lenses are made of premium polarised technology to provide better depth and contrast perception. Meant to repel water and sweat, the sunglasses are made super light, and the lenses are 32% thinner than regular lenses. They are also long-lasting and provide 100% UV rays protection.
- The polarised lenses give superb contrast and top-notch clarity for a highly pleasant, protected experience.
- The frames are equipped with autolocking hinges and inset rubber nose cushions.
- These sunglasses feel, look, and protect the eye from harmful rays.
- These glasses are imported from the USA.
- It is extremely well-balanced and comfortable.
- SuperThin lenses are 20% thinner than conventional laminated glass lenses.
- The one significant issue is that the transparent frame occasionally catches the light, resulting in extreme glare.
You may also like to read:- 15 Best Square Sunglasses to Make You Look Instantly Attractive
6. Giorgio Armani
Giorgio Armani was founded by Giorgio Armani in 1975 in Milan, Italy. The products have a unique sense of style. The iconic design of the sunglasses is famous all over the world. From celebrities to businessmen, the brand is a favourite amongst lovers of luxury. Designed to express, the brand believes that it’s not just about turning heads but about leaving an everlasting impression.
- High-impact rubber finishes are tailored to the strict aesthetic of Giorgio Armani’s design, resulting in an extremely light frame with ergonomic temples and mirror clip-on lenses.
- Charming metal panthos form with acetate keyhole bridge insert and slim vintage acetate temple with Giorgio Armani emblem printed twice.
- Vintage metal round sunglasses with a high metal top bar and an acetate keyhole bridge inlay.
- Panthos bio-acetate sunglasses in a panthos form with a keyhole bridge and a clean curved temple.
- Sunglasses with a three-quarterer rim and a high bridge in a square form. Temple with an ultra-fine texture.
- Giorgio Armani glasses are high-end, and they are less accessible to general customers
Prada is an Italian fashion house specialising in travel and fashion accessories. The company was started by Mario Prada and his brother Martino Prada as a goods leather shop named Fratelli Prada in Milan, Italy in the year 1913. The Italian culture and tradition is best represented by Prada, which is the most prestigious, innovative, and celebrated brand in the fashion industry. Thanks to their iconic designs and out-of-the-world concepts, the brand continues to flourish like no other.
- Prada designer sunglasses feature cutting-edge technology to protect the eyes from harmful UV rays.
- They are quite useful while driving since they resist the glare from approaching vehicles, making the way distinctly visible.
- Prada is well-known for its commitment to preserving great innovative designs and high standards.
- These glasses are not only stylish but also long-lasting.
- They use polarised lenses, which prevent light reflection.
- Limited stores across the country
Fossil Group Inc. was founded in 1984 by Tom Kartsotis in Richardson, Texas. The brand includes many different products like sunglasses, watches, wallets, bags belts, fragrances, etc. It takes its inspiration from the designs of the mid-1920 and combines it with modern desires to bring about the most exceptional product as per the trend. It keeps modifying its products according to the fashion trends in the market.
- These Fossil sunglasses will keep you looking stylish no matter what the weather or season is.
- They offer sturdy but lightweight plastic as well as metal frames.
- Fossil glasses are scratch-resistant which makes them special.
- A subtle diamond logo insignia on either side, with the company name at the temple.
- UV protection is provided by gradient plastic lenses.
- The manufacturer provides a one-year guarantee on these glasses.
Tommy Hilfiger is an American apparel, footwear, and accessories manufacturing company formerly known as Tommy Hilfiger Corporation and Tommy Hilfiger Inc., founded in the year 1985. The brand offers premium styling, quality products, and value for money articles to customers worldwide. The sunglasses are durable and offer excellent protection from UV and Blue rays of the sun while being up to date with fashion trends.
- They offer flexible hinges and a sleek and lightweight Polycarbonate construction.
- Tommy Hilfiger sunglasses provide excellent comfort and fit.
- They provide an easy-to-wear appearance with unrivalled elegance.
- 1 year warranty on manufacturing defects
- 100% UV protected
- Silver coloured frame with Silver temple
- Their sunglasses are expensive
10. TAG Heuer
TAG Heuer is a Swiss luxury goods manufacturing company founded by Edouard Heuer in 1860, Saint-Imier, Switzerland. Tag Heuer sunglasses are a status symbol given recognition by different celebrities. The unique design and lightweight materials of the glasses make them trendy as well as comfortable. They offer sun protection and reduce glare, making them great for eye protection.
- They offer a wire-frame design with all-around security.
- The Tag Heuer glasses include a hint of chrome at the temples for the more style-conscious man.
- They mix performance-enhancing materials, integrated design, and exceptional engineering to create a sleek and stylish look.
- The lenses in TAG’s Avant-Garde eyewear line are shatter-resistant, ultra-light, and offer 100 per cent UV-A and UV-B protection.
- It has exceptional comfort and fits everyone.
- These glasses are expensive
Also Read:- Best Round Face Sunglasses Brands
Guess has been touted as one of the most fashionable and luxurious brands across the globe. From statement bags and bold t-shirts to signature dresses and sunglasses, this American-origin brand has taken the world by a storm. Like all their product lines, Guess sunglasses are also unique in their design and construction. Not only are they uber-chic, they also provide UVA/UVB protection to your eyes. Though the brand is slightly pricey, it more than makes up for the same with the product quality.
- Guess sunglasses feature modern and trend-setting designs.
- Beautiful and stylish sunglasses from Guess give you a confident demeanour and a unique appeal.
- It improves your appearance and protects your eyes from dangerous UV radiation.
- It is gentle on the skin and comfortable to wear.
- Guess sunglasses are made in accordance with international design and quality standards.
- With fashion-forward designs and daring pairings, the collection embraces the brand’s essential ideals.
- Premium range glasses that are less accessible to the normal audience
Jim Halo brings to you designer sunglasses at throwaway prices. Made from excellent quality material for long term usage, Jim Halo has an extended range of sunglasses for all occasions. Not only are the sunglasses highly affordable, they are also polarised to give your eyes protection from UV rays as well as blue light from the screens.
- Polarized sunglasses cut down on glare reflected from roadways, bodies of water, snow, and other horizontal surfaces.
- Restore actual colour, reduce reflected and dispersed light, and completely shield your eyes.
- Vintage square sunglasses are ideal for every face shape and will show off your distinctive and high-end taste.
- Its Polarized HD lens increases visibility by increasing contrast.
- PC anti-impact lenses with 100 per cent UV400 protection can filter out UVA/UVB rays and prevent glare.
- It has a super lightweight, durable, and stylish high-quality frame.
- Limited availability in stores
ELEGANTE is the go-to brand for every aspiring fashionista in the country. Thanks to its highly affordable range of products, the brand has come to be synonymous with youth fashion. From UV-protected aviators for men and women to side-shield sunglasses with coloured lenses, the brand rides high on the style quotient.
- The brand offers various sleek and stylish glasses.
- They have thick and reinforced temples for individuals who want to express their power, confidence, and originality via a bold and distinctive personal style.
- Elegante offers UV 400-protected, scratch-resistant polycarbonate lenses that shield the eyes from harmful UV radiation.
- These sunglasses are composed of high-quality plastic.
- They have strengthened metal hinges, and elegant temples, all of which ensure a long lifespan.
- May not be as durable
Endorsed by an array of celebrities in the country, IDEE has grown to be one of the most sought-after eyewear brands. With a splendid range of sunglasses for both men and women, IDEE appeals to the chic, fashion-forward adults. Made from premium quality materials to give your eyes optimum sun protection and care, their shield sunglasses are extremely lightweight and budget-friendly.
- With an edgy design and polarised lenses, you get the perfect combination of a modern appearance and better protection.
- These gorgeous sunglasses are an excellent addition to your urban look.
- They provide stylish and quality UV-protected gradient lenses.
- Enhance your look with these fantastic aviator sunglasses to transform your look.
- The company offers a one-year guarantee on its items.
- These glasses are fragile
Launched in 1998 as a sub-brand of Titan, Fastrack is India’s foremost youth accessories brand. From wristwatches and bags to sunglasses and eyeglasses, the brand has something cool and edgy for everyone. Trendy and affordable, Fastrack sunglasses have become quite the hit with the urban audience that seeks sturdy yet fashionable accessories. From sporty sunglasses to shield sunglasses, Fastrack provides optimum protection and comfort to your eyes.
- Fastrack sunglasses come from the house of the well-trusted brand TATA.
- It shields the skin from damaging UV radiation completely.
- Fastrack is a one-stop fashion destination where you can choose from a wide selection of sunglasses.
- Fastrack’s Pilot Sunglasses with Black Frame and Brown Lens are an excellent addition to any ensemble.
- The standardised materials are utilised to give you long-lasting sunglasses that are comfortable and light without sacrificing design.
- Product quality can be improved
Which sunglasses are most protective?
Sunglasses with UVA and UVB protection are the most protective.
What are shield sunglasses?
Shield sunglasses have a continuous lens for both eyes, unlike traditional sunglasses which have two separate lenses and a nose bridge. They offer a fantastic field of view due to a negligible frame and uncut nose bridge.
Which brands are best for sunglasses?
Ray-Ban, Vogue, Idee, and Guess are some of the best brands of sunglasses.
👋CashKaro Exclusive Offer👋
Hungry for more Cashback 💸? Download CashKaro App to get a Rs 60 bonus Cashback + Save up to Rs 15,000/month on online shopping.