Flats are the most comfortable and widely used footwear for women other than sandals or any other footwear. Whether it is a walk to the market or to work, flats are stylish, comfortable, and can be worn daily. They prevent back pain that is usually caused by wearing heels and also reduce pressure in the knees and joints. If you look forward to making them your style staple, we have your back with our list of best women’s flats brands. Before getting into the best brands from where you can buy flats, let’s brush our knowledge on various types and styles of flats.
How Do We Choose the Best Women’s Flats for You?
Contrary to popular belief, it’s more difficult than it seems to find comfortable flat shoes. In India, good quality flat footwear costs anywhere between Rs 500 and Rs 2,000. Before you go through our suggestions of the best women’s flats brands that are available in India, we would love it if you first go through the factors that we took into consideration while deciding on the best products for you.
It may be an indication that your arch hasn’t been adequately supported if you’ve ever had a shooting or throbbing sensation after wearing flats. Make sure your pick of flat shoes has a tiny, stacked heel to provide comfort and arch support. Despite the fact that it may appear paradoxical, a short heel (around 10-20mm) gives your foot a more natural stance while raising and supporting your arch for all-day comfort.
Make investing in high-quality leather shoes a top priority while searching for comfy flats. In addition to softening and moulding your foot over time, leather should lessen the likelihood of rubbing compared to alternative materials. Other footwear with soft and comfortable orthopaedic soles is also a good choice.
Additionally, you can match the leather you choose to the shape of your foot. For instance, if you have a slightly wider foot, choosing a premium suede will result in the most comfortable flat shoes. On the other hand, people with narrower feet might prefer full-grain leather to offer a more structured fit. The flats with the most comfort will also have totally leather inside for a very plush, breathable finish.
It’s usual to experience pinching around the toe box when you buy flat shoes. However, if you pick your toe box wisely, you may completely prevent any pain. To offer your toes a little more room to move when you’re walking, think about switching from a pointed toe to a rounder one. For a sophisticated appearance, you can choose a design with an almond toe. This combines the comfort of a rounder style with the polished finish of a pointed one.
Different Types of Flat Footwear for Women
- Ballet Flats – These are light and flat with a round toe, usually those seen on ballet dancers.
- Oxfords and Brogues Flats – These are classic closed-toe shoes with laces. Brogues have detailing done on the top.
- Espadrilles Flats – These types of shoes are light and summery, usually made from canvas. They have a plated fibre sole.
- Loafers and Moccasins Flats – Loafers can be slipped on and are lace-less shoes. Moccasins have a much more formal appeal with covered sides.
- Plimsolls Flats – These are light, rubber-soled canvas shoes.
- Sandals Flats – These are open-toe footwear and dominate the market with their variety.
- Juttis and Kohlapuris Flats – Both these Indian styles are loved by women. While Jutti has a covered toe, Kolhapuris are open with a T-strap.
Love going for long walks? Check out our blog on the best walking shoe brands in India for comfortable shoes.
List of 15 Best Women Flats Brands for All Occasions
On this page:
- 1. Bata
- 2. Clarks
- 3. Mochi
- 4. Marks and Spencer
- 5. Liberty
- 6. Crocs
- 7. Mode by Red Tape
- 8. Metro
- 9. Carlton London
- 10. Catwalk
- 11. Van Heusen
- 12. Khadims
- 13. Flite
- 14. Paragon
- 15. Marc Loire
- Why are flat shoes the best?
- Why can’t I wear flat shoes?
- Is it better to wear flats or heels?
- Are flats still trendy?
- Which brand is best: Metro or Mochi?
Bata is a multinational shoe brand based in Lausanne, Switzerland. The history of the brand dates back to 1894, and Bata Shoe Company Private Limited was incorporated in India in 1931. Needless to say, it has become a household name in India and is synonymous with comfort, durability, affordability, and style. Bata sandals for women can be purchased from the store or online.
Prominent Features of the Bata Flat Shoes:
- The flats have an elastic pull-on round-back heel cover has a closure for a great grip
- The sandals’ synthetic soles make them appropriate for all seasons
- The slip-on sandals from the Bata brand come in a variety of colours and styles
- Variety of designs
- Suitable for everyday usage
- Proper grip
Why We Picked the Bata Flat Shoes?
The flat shoes from the Bata brand will give you the utmost comfort. They have a polished appeal and an eye-catching design. Add this to your collection for a sophisticated pair to travel in style.
200 years ago, James and Cyrus Clark made a slipper from sheepskin off-cuts. Today, the brand delivers perfection tailored to the tastes and needs of modern men. Clarks flat shoes for women are stylish, long-wearing, and can be easily worn on various occasions.
Prominent Features of the Clarks Flat Shoes:
- The shoes provide comfort and protection so that you can wear them all day long
- For an outstanding finish, the traditional workmanship is combined with modern design
- These women’s flat shoes have a beautiful design and a genuine stitch-down construction that enhances the flexibility of the foot
- Comfortable fit
- High-quality construction
Why We Picked the Clarks Flat Shoes?
The Clarks Flat Shoes are exactly what you’re seeking if you are looking for something comfortable to walk in. The best method to enhance your outfit for the new season is with these timeless shoes.
Founded in Bengaluru, India, Mochi has over 104 outlets in more than 50 cities. It caters to the country’s cosmopolitan crowd with the latest season trends. It also has a huge range of belts, bags, shoe-care products and more. Get unique and vibrant designs of Mochi flat sandals online.
Prominent Features of the Mochi Flat Shoes:
- The flats have a round toe and pull-on fastening for greater grip
- The medium thickness of the flat heel gives it a feeling of being lightweight while yet being stable
- The sole is composed of thermoplastic elastomers for comfort and durability
- Fashionable designs
- Secure fit
Why We Picked the Mochi Flat Shoes?
Mochi Shoes is a leader in the country’s fashion footwear industry. With a strong emphasis on fashion and style, Mochi offers the newest trends for the season and takes care of the young, cosmopolitan Indians’ constantly-evolving demands of fashion.
4. Marks and Spencer
Pairing class and style together, Marks and Spencer carries a 135-year-old legacy of fashion with its brand. Their collection of flats for women offers a variety of sandals, wedges, loafers, and slippers. They make use of pure genuine leather, vegan leather, and other high-quality materials to stitch the best shoes on the market.
Prominent Features of the Marks and Spencers Flat Shoes:
- The flat shoes have a wide fit and a cosy flat heel so that you can wear them all day long
- The shoes have a simple slip-on style with a traditional round toe
- Additionally, the shoes have antibacterial cushioning to keep your feet fresh
- Wide variety of designs
- Cosy design
- High-quality material
Why We Picked the Marks and Spencers Flat Shoes?
Marks & Spencer is a leading retailer that has an exceptional workforce, a rich history of brand values, and loyal consumers who want to see it prosper. Their designs are polished, easy to carry and make for a great match with your favourite attire.
Looking for flats for everyday wear? Get yourself a pair from Liberty. Liberty has etched its mark in the fashion footwear arena for 50 years now and is spread across 25 countries with 6000 multi-brand outlets. This brand is ISO 9001: 2000 certified for its commitment to quality.
Prominent Features of the Liberty Flat Shoes:
- These flat shoes are comfy so that you can wear them all day long
- The shoes meet your need for the newest fashion trend since they were made with high-quality materials
- Additionally, the shoes have a sturdy outsole that is durable
- High-quality material
- Comfortable fit
- Suitable as formal, casual, and party wear
Why We Picked the Liberty Flat Shoes?
The Liberty brand is well renowned for its high-quality goods. They offer a large selection of shoes for men and women for various occasions. Liberty shoes are a must-have in your collection.
Crocs sandals are comfortable and perfect for summer. Other than that, Crocs also brings a range of flips, sandals, shoes, flats, heels, loafers, sneakers and boots. Flats from Crocs have a casual and simple design which adds to your style quotient.
Prominent Features of the Crocs Flat Shoes:
- The footbed offers the appearance and support you need throughout sandal season
- The upper cross-straps and toe posts are constructed of soft, flexible mat lite material and are designed to be worn comfortably
- Croslite foam composition makes these flats exceptionally light and simple to wear
- Delightfully soft
- Variety of designs
7. Mode by Red Tape
Launched in 1996 in India, Red Tape is a global brand spread in over 17 countries. Mode is an in-house brand of Red Tape that makes trendy designs for both men and women. Their shoes are lightweight, comfortable, and an excellent choice when it comes to semi-formal and casual wear.
Prominent Features of the Mode by Red Tape Flat Shoes:
- The pair has a synthetic PU top and a rubber sole that is very comfy and slip-resistant
- The rubber sole has a wavy texture on the top and bottom surfaces
- These women’s ballerina shoes by Mode By Red Tape include a pull-on fastening and a synthetic PU top
- Slip-resistant and comfortable
- Provides proper grip
Metro Shoes is a brand that has made its way into the Indian household footwear rack. What started as a single footwear shop is now a renowned footwear brand with retail stores in more than 200 cities.
Prominent Features of the Metro Flat Shoes:
- The Metro shoes provide a comfortable fit that gives you cosiness all day long
- The shoes have a secure grip that keeps your feet safe
- Additionally, the shoes are lightweight and can be worn on any occasion
- Durable material
- Suitable for all occasions
9. Carlton London
Amp up your fashion game by pairing your outfits with Carlton London footwear. Incepted in 1992, it is a complete British lifestyle brand offering women’s shoes, handbags, accessories, jewellery, clothing, men’s shoes, and accessories. Carlton London brings a huge range of footwear, from sandals to loafers, flats, and espadrilles, to keep you covered for partywear, workwear, and casual getaways.
Prominent Features of the Carlton London Flat Shoes:
- These flat shoes come in a variety of styles, so you get to choose your favourites
- You will feel and look stunning in these stylish and cosy flats from Carlton London
- These shoes come with a padded footrest and high-quality leather
- Wide collection
- Comfortable fit
- Suitable for everyday occasions
Catwalk is a brand that offers a wide range of footwear. You can get anything, from comfortable and chic, to basic and workwear. With its peculiar designs and dynamic styling, Catwalk is a name that ranks at the top when it comes to high-end fashion.
Prominent Features of the Catwalk Flat Shoes:
- The grippy outsole helps you take solid, pleasant steps
- This pair of flats is skilfully made from leather and is a timeless classic with an embossed footbed
- The sling back and elastic ankle strap make the shoes easy to wear
- Easy to wear
- Comfortable fit
- Wide variety of styles
11. Van Heusen
Van Heusen is a brand that is synonymous with power dressing. Their collection of apparel, footwear, and accessories is designed to address the changing 9 to 5 and beyond lifestyle. Their fashionable flats include trendy ballerinas, stylish sandals, and casual loafers. This adds a hint of class with a lot of comfort.
Prominent Features of the Van Heusen Flat Shoes:
- The flats are cosy, carefree, and femininely fashionable, which makes your feet look beautiful
- The shoes give you a comfortable fit so that you can wear them all through the day
- The shoes look great with both casual as well as formal wear
- Suitable for every occasion
- Trendy designs
- Comfortable fit
Established in 1981, Khadims is a homegrown brand that caters to the needs of the price-conscious customer. It delivers high-quality fashion on an affordable budget for the masses. From slip-on sandals to ballerinas and loafers, Khadims is a value-for-money brand when it comes to fashionable footwear.
Prominent Features of the Khadims Flat Shoes:
- For optimal comfort when wearing and exercising, padded insoles provide a pleasant resting spot for the feet
- While moving, supple uppers bend elegantly without putting any strain on the midfoot or toes
- Sturdy soles provide the proper traction on surfaces and permit unrestricted movement
- Affordable budget
- Optimal comfort
- Pleasant fit
Coming from the house of a Fortune 500 (India) company, Relaxo, Flite is their in-house brand. Relaxo has been a popular name in the rubber slipper industry. With its other brands, including Flite, Sparx, and the Bahamas, it has introduced budget fashion and semi-formal slippers, sandals, and casual and sports shoes.
Prominent Features of the Flite Flat Shoes:
- The shoes come in amazing designs and make it simple for young people in India to express their own style
- The shoes feature EVA and PU material which offers comfort and durability
- The shoes also feature strong straps that keep your feet secured
- Wide variety of collection
- Comfortable fit
- Suitable for everyday wear
Paragon is a market leader when it comes to durable footwear made of Poly-Urethane (PU), Poly Vinyl Chloride (PVC), Ethylene-Vinyl Acetate (EVA), and Thermo Plastic Rubber (TPR) soles. With an in-house footwear design team that keeps up with the latest trends, Paragon also keeps a check on raw materials and finished and semi-done products for quality. Additionally, their factories are ISO 9001:2015 certified.
Prominent Features of the Paragon Flat Shoes:
- The flat shoes feature strong straps and reinforced soles which provide excellent traction and a solid grip with each step
- The ladies’ flats from Paragon are expertly crafted from premium raw materials to guarantee a lifetime of use
- The rubber used is a virgin polymer and biodegradable to give an eco-friendly push to the brand
- Comfortable fit
- Stylish designs
- Durable material
15. Marc Loire
Marc Loire caters to apparel, footwear, and accessory needs of both men and women in different spheres of life, from board room meetings to casual date nights. Their fashionable designs are just what you need to up your styling game without burning a hole in your pocket.
Prominent Features of the Marc Loire Flat Shoes:
- The shoes are composed of durable quality faux leather, which makes them lightweight
- The flat shoes have a TPR outsole that is slip-resistant and an extra cushioned footbed
- These loafers have cushioned heels and soles that make them comfortable enough for all-day standing or walking
- Comfortable and simple to wear
- Breathable and allow for effortless mobility
- Appropriate for all seasons
We hope that our recommended suggestions have helped you out. Based on our research, Bata, Clarks, and Mochi are our top picks for the best flat shoe brands in India for women. We also considered factors like the arch support, material, and toe box, while making our recommendations for the flat shoe brands in India. We would like to know which one worked out best for you.
Why are flat shoes the best?
Instead of wearing high heels, you can choose supportive flats that will boost your stability. You can also wear flats as it will decrease your risk of falling or twisting your ankle. While opposed to heels, supportive flats provide more stability when walking on practically all kinds of terrain.
Why can’t I wear flat shoes?
Flat shoes lack padding and support. This causes a lot of impacts to pass through the foot’s structures, particularly its joints. This might cause joint deterioration over time, which can cause discomfort.
Is it better to wear flats or heels?
Flat shoes are practical, far more adaptable, and a safer choice in bad weather than heels. The ideal option would be to wear flat shoes with a low heel.
Are flats still trendy?
Yes, flats are still trendy. You can wear simple slip-on shoes, or you can go for a pump shoe with a small bow. No matter the choice, flats are amazing!
Which brand is best: Metro or Mochi?
Both Metro and Mochi are amazing brands. While the Metro brand’s flagship is marketed as a family-friendly shoe store, Mochi is targeted towards millennial shoppers. Both companies provide durable and trendy shoes.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
Highly seasoned and qualified researchers at CashKaro work hard to supply you with the greatest market advice accessible online. To build a list of products you can trust, we examine numerous products and compare them based on a range of characteristics. We hope our recommendations of the best flat shoe brands in India helped you out. We genuinely hope that this list will aid you in making an informed judgement.