Rice is a staple dish widely savoured as a major carb source in meals. As opposed to traditional cooking methods, an electric rice cooker comes to your rescue by easing the preparation method. The best electric rice cookers are easy to use, portable, sturdy, and save you the time that you spend in the kitchen preparing rice dishes. Whether you want to steam rice, quinoa, oats, or pulao, an electric rice cooker will help you cook your food and keep it warm without being on constant watch. If you are looking to add an electric rice cooker to your kitchen appliances, our curated list of the best rice cooker brands will come in handy.
Our Top Picks
How Do We Choose the Best Electric Rice Cookers for You?
Choosing the right electric cooker doesn’t have to be tricky, and we are here to help you out with it. In India, you can get good quality electric rice cookers ranging from anywhere between Rs 2,000 to Rs 9,999, depending on your budget and need. Here are some factors we considered before curating this list for you.
Here, we have added rice cookers that have 0.6-1 litre capacity, which will suit small families. If you are someone who lives in a bigger family, we have also added brands that make cookers with a 3-5 litre capacity.
All the electric cookers mentioned below are very user-friendly and have a simple design that anyone can work with without any issues. They are designed using solid plastic exteriors and aluminium pans to make cooking safe and easy for you.
The cookers also boast features such as warm mode, auto on/off, multiple controls, and more to make them a fantastic choice for your kitchens.
List of 13 Best Rice Cooker Brands in India
An electric rice cooker is a boon, especially for those who are aversive to using a gas stove and want their meal prepared without any supervision. Here is a list of the best electric rice cookers in India for a quick and hassle-free experience. Bon appetite!
Founded in 1955 by T T Krishnamachari, Prestige is one of India’s most trusted kitchen appliance companies. It is very popular for its pressure cookers and other cookware products. The company generated a sales turnover of Rs 2033.05 crore as of March’21 and continues to grow its business even more with each year.
Prominent Features of the Prestige PRWO Electric Rice Cooker:
- This electric rice cooker features a 700-W motor with a capacity of 1.8 litres and can cook 1 kg of rice
- It can also be used to steam vegetables, cook porridge, soup, pulao, stew, and idli
- With a five-year warranty on the heating plate, this electric rice cooker is the top choice in our best electric rice cookers list
- Equipped with a bundle of features, including two aluminium cooking pans, a close-fit stainless steel lid, cool-touch handles, and the two cook and warm control modes
- Additionally, the detachable power cord makes the appliance portable and convenient to store and use
- 5-year warranty on the heating plate
- Has a warm mode
- Detachable power cord
Why We Picked the Prestige PRWO Electric Rice Cooker?
One of the best rice cookers on the market, this product is super functional and versatile to make a variety of other dishes as well. You can easily cook around 1 kg of rice in this without any hassle. It features a solid body that not only looks stylish but is also very sturdy for everyday use.
Bajaj is a leading multinational company that runs multiple operations under its name. It is prominent for its kitchenware, home appliances, auto, and electrical. The company was founded in the year 1926 by Jamnalal Bajaj and has its headquarters in Mumbai, India.here you can also check some of the best juicers & hand blenders in India.
Prominent Features of the Bajaj RCX Electric Rice Cooker:
- The Bajaj RCX electric rice cooker features a 550-W motor that makes the appliance heat up faster, saving electricity
- The rice cooker comes with a stainless steel lid with steam vents to regulate the release of steam and maintain perfect moisture levels
- The aluminium cooking bowl comes with an anodised finish to give the product extended durability and resistance from corrosion
- Features a manual on/off button for your safety
- 1.8-litre capacity
- Stainless steel lid
- Detachable power cord
- Does not have a warm mode
Why We Picked the Bajaj RCX Electric Rice Cooker?
Sporting a supreme all-white body, Bajaj’s RCX 5 is a 1.8-litre electric rice cooker that cooks rice within minutes, with no supervision required. It runs on 550 watts which makes cooking a quick and easy process for you. The sturdy plastic exterior can withstand rough use, so you can cook in it without any second thoughts!
Formerly known as Matsushita Electric Industrial Co Ltd, Panasonic is a Japanese electronics and tech company. It was founded in 1918 by Kōnosuke Matsushita and has its headquarters in Osaka, Japan. The company is known as one of the largest producers of consumer electronics in the world.moreover, we have curated a list of the best waffle to get you some much-needed help.
Prominent Features of the Panasonic SR-WA18 E Automatic Rice Cooker:
- The Panasonic SR-WA18 E automatic rice cooker offers a capacity of 1.8 l and is powered by a 660-W motor
- It has a sturdy build and an elegant design that adds to the look of your kitchen
- This electric rice cooker comes with a high-quality anodised aluminium cooking pan, cooking plate, measuring cup and a scoop
- You can use this electric appliance for cooking nearly 0.6 kg of rice, which is ideal for a small family
- It features an auto cut-off function that automatically cuts off the power when the rice has been cooked
- This electric rice cooker comes with a high-quality lockable lid and heat-resistant plastic handles
- Automatic power off
- 1.8 l capacity
- Low power consumption
Why We Picked the Panasonic SR-WA18 E Automatic Rice Cooker?
This rice cooker is a must-have in your kitchen as it will cook food quicker and help you save up on electricity simultaneously! It boasts a stunning body and design that adds more value to your kitchen aesthetics!
Geek is another emerging brand that makes top-notch kitchen appliances using the latest technology. It mainly retails electronic products such as blenders, processors, rice cookers, toasters, OTG, etc. The company is headquartered in Chennai and has a solid customer base in India.
Prominent Features of the Geek Robocook Zeta Electric Rice Cooker:
- It is equipped with a 1000 W motor and offers a capacity of 5 l
- This versatile kitchen appliance lets you cook rice dishes from the great Biryani to the simplistic Pongal without any supervision
- The steel pot is accompanied by several accessories, such as a tempered glass lid, strainer, silicone gasket, egg rack, steamer basket, and steamer rack that can be used as per convenience
- Smart features with preset menu options
Why We Picked the Geek Robocook Zeta Electric Rice Cooker?
If you are looking for an electric cooker with smart features, our list of the best electric rice cookers has got you covered with the Geek Robocook Zeta. It features seven safety guards, preset menus, PiC intelligent cooking method to retain nutrition, and detachable parts for easy cleaning.
Every Indian household is aware of Kent and its excellent range of products. The brand is widely known for its water purifiers and kitchen appliances. It was founded in 1999 by Mahesh Gupta and has headquarters in Noida, India. You can find water softeners, purifiers, kitchen appliances, and air purifiers under this brand.
Prominent Features of the KENT Rice Cooker:
- KENT Rice Cooker is powered by an 860-W motor that features advanced induction technology to ensure even heat distribution for perfect cooking
- It allows precise temperature control in a short time
- With 0.9 l capacity, you can easily cook rice for a small family
- Portable design
- Delay start function
Why We Picked the KENT Rice Cooker?
This cooker offers plenty of functions, including different cooking modes, warm mode, delay start, cook, and cancel, for more control over the appliance. The delay start function lets you cook food at the desired time. Just set the timer, and the cooker automatically starts the steaming process at the selected time. Best of all, the portable design adds to its utility as a travel companion.
Pigeon by Stovekraft
Pigeon is another popular kitchen appliances company in India. It is owned by Stovekraft, which is a massive producer of kitchen consumer products in the country. It was launched in the year 1999 by Rajendra Gandhi and has headquarters in Bangalore, India. Stovekraft also has several subsidiaries and is a highly trusted company in the country.
Prominent Features of the Pigeon Electric Rice Cooker:
- Features an aluminium heating plate that spreads uniform heat to the cooking bowl for effective cooking in less time
- It houses an aluminium cooking pot with a capacity of 1.8 litres and can cook 0.5 kg of raw rice at once
- This appliance operates on a 700 W motor and is equipped with cool-touch handles
- Comes with stainless steel lids, and an additional pot for easy storage
- The Auto-Off feature and ‘Keep Warm’ mode easily monitor the temperature when the rice is cooked and keep your food warm for up to 5 hours
- Additional pot
- Automatic power off
- Cool-touch handles for easy grip
Agaro is your one-stop destination for a huge variety of products that are made with excellent quality materials. The company manufactures electronics, personal care products, home appliances, kitchen appliances, and healthcare devices in India. With headquarters in Kolkata, Agaro has emerged to become of the fastest-growing brands in India.
Prominent Features of the Agaro Rice Cooker:
- This rice cooker boasts a 1 l capacity and is powered by a 400 W motor
- Additionally, the steamer pot lets you steam vegetables and meat while the rice is being cooked
- Comes with an anodised aluminium pan, a measuring cup, a tempered stainless steel lid, a detachable power cord, and double-walled cool-touch handles
- More so, it comes with a 3-year warranty on the heating plate for an enhanced consumer experience
- 400 Watt motor
- Cool-touch handles
- 3-year warranty on the heating plate
Founded in 1935, Usha is one of the most reliable home/kitchen appliance companies in India. It has managed to gain the trust of consumers with a great range of products that keeps evolving every year. The brand gained traction for its sewing machines and later ventured into kitchen appliances and cookware. It has over 60 showrooms across India, and its headquarters are based in Gurgaon, India.
Prominent Features of the Usha Rice Cooker:
- This 700 W automatic rice cooker has a capacity of 1.8 litres
- The dual heater and induction allow you to properly cook the rice and keep it warm for a long time
- It comes with a thick tempered glass lid so that you can see the food easily
- The Auto Cut-Off feature protects the appliance from getting damaged
- Comes with 5 different accessories
- The glass lid lets you watch the food easily
- The dual heater keeps the food warm
Borosil was launched in the year 1962 in collaboration with Corning Glass Works USA. The company is known as one of the best producers of glassware products in India and has a great reputation in the kitchen appliance segment. It generated a sales turnover of Rs 502.27 crore as of March’21.
Prominent Features of the Borosil Electric Cooker:
- This 60 W electric cooker by Borosil is perfect for cooking several Indian dishes
- The pan has a non-stick coating, so your food won’t get stuck at the bottom
- It features a 15-hour heating window to keep the food warm for as long as you need
- If you’re looking for a rice cooker that’s easy to maintain and durable, go for this one
- 1.8 litre capacity
- Non-stick pans for easy cooking and cleaning
- 15-hour preset timer to keep your food warm
Black + Decker
Black + Decker is an American company founded in 1910 by S. Duncan Black. The brand retails home appliances, electronics, home improvement products, etc., that are quite popular in the Indian market as well. It merged with Stanley Works in the year 2010 and is now known as Stanley Black & Decker. The company has its headquarters in Maryland, US and a great presence across continents.
Prominent Features of the Black + Decker Rice Cooker:
- This compact rice cooker by Black + Decker is perfect for a small family
- It has alluminium pots for hassle-free cooking and maintenance
- The cooker has 1 litre of capacity, which is enough for a family of 3
- Its body is made of metal, while the handles are made with cool touch material
- The set consists of two pots, a measuring cup, a lid, and a plate
- Compact cooker, so it won’t take up much space
- Cool touch handle
- Easy-to-read water level indicator
AmazonBasics is a successful venture of the multinational company Amazon. The brand was launched in the year 2009 as a home appliance, consumer goods, and electronics company. It started off by selling low-cost products and slowly emerged as one of the top sellers on Amazon.
Prominent Features of the AmazonBasics Rice Cooker:
- This Rice Cooker by AmazonBasics has a contemporary design that will look great in your kitchens
- It has a capacity of 1.8 litres, so you can cook around 1 kg of rice in one go
- The set consists of two alluminium pans, a measuring cup, a rice scoop, and a stainless-steel lid
- The cooker indicates to you about the water level and turns to automatic heating mode once the food is cooked
- Modern design
- 1.8 litres cooking capacity
- Auto heat mode after cooking
- Automatic cut-off to protect the appliance
Sheffield is another popular brand that manufactures kitchen and home appliances in India. The company is trusted by many buyers here and competes with some of the biggest names in the industry.
Prominent Features of the Sheffield Classic Rice Cooker:
- This Classic Rice Cooker is made with alluminum and has 800 watts of power
- It has different modes which are easy to use and allow you to cook in a personalized way
- It has a capacity of 1.1 litres, and you can boil, cook, or fry in this appliance
- 1.1 litres of capacity
- Has different modes that are easy to use
- Aluminium build, which is easy to maintain
If you are a food lover, the chances are that you’ve already heard this name. Wonderchef is a joint venture of MasterChef Sanjeev Kapoor and Mr Ravi Saxena. The brand was launched in the year 2009 and has picked up a great pace since the beginning. It manufactures kitchen appliances, home appliances, and premium kitchen products. The company has its headquarters in Mumbai, India.
Prominent Features of the Wonderchef Prato Rice Cooker:
- This Prato Rice Cooker can be the perfect addition to your kitchens
- It is a multi-purpose appliance that allows you to cook rice, steam momos, modaks, vegetables, meat, etc
- The stainless-steel body looks phenomenal, while the non-stick pots reduce the hassle of cleaning and maintaining the cooker
- It also comes with a tempered glass lid so that you can keep an eye on your food while it cooks
- Durable stainless-steel body
- Auto heat function to keep food warm
- Extra thermostat for complete protection of the appliance
Electric rice cookers are here to make cooking an easy and hassle-free process for you! In this article, we have listed some of the best electric rice cookers in India based on their capacity, ease of usage, and build. While we love the products from brands like Prestige, Bajaj, and Panasonic, let us know which ones you like the most!
How do I select an electric rice cooker?
One of the most important aspects to take into consideration when buying an electric rice cooker is the number of people it will be catering to, i.e. the size of your family. For families that have 5-6 members, it is suitable to buy a cooker that is of 3-litres and above. Bachelors can consider buying rice cookers with minimal capacity since their requirements would be much less than that of a large family. For couples, it is suitable to opt for a cooker that is less than 3-litres.
Is an electric rice cooker good for health?
Contrary to popular belief, research has proven that food cooked in an electric rice cooker is not harmful and is safe to consume. It is a convenient and healthy way of cooking. However, food should not be kept in the cooker for more than 6-7 hours as it may lead to loss of nutrients.
How to pick the best rice?
Picking rice is not as complex as it may seem and gets better with practice and experience. Some factors to look out for when choosing rice are:
1. The colour of the rice: Opt for the colour of rice that has a bright colour with not much yellow.
2. The texture of the rice: Opt for rice that is sturdy. Use the technique of pressing each grain to derive a conclusion.
3. The rice must not stick when squeezed
4. It is important to check the rice is lice-free
5. Always opt for a well-reputed name
What else can be cooked in a rice cooker?
These days most electric rice cookers are built for versatile usage. Apart from rice, some dishes that can be prepared in a rice cooker are pasta, stew, porridge, noodles, quinoa, and oatmeal, amongst others.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
Highly experienced and competent researchers at CashKaro work hard to provide you with the finest market suggestions available online. To create a list of products you can trust, we evaluate various products and compare them based on a variety of factors. We considered capacity, build quality, design, and other aspects while making our recommendations for the best electric rice cooker brands in India. We really hope that this list will assist you in reaching an educated conclusion.