Physical exercise is an important part of our lives. And if it is not part of yours yet, it is high time that you prioritize it. But physical exercise and workouts without the right equipment can be disastrous for your health. The majority of us choose to work out in the quiet of our homes. So, exercise mats are a must-have in your exercise kit. Don’t worry, we’re going to help you pick the most suitable one among the best exercise mat brands. These mats act as a shield between your body and the cold hard floor. They protect your body from injuries and prevent strenuous activity.
How Do We Choose the Best Exercise Mats for You?
Exercise mats have become a must-have for every fitness enthusiast today as they allow us to work out with comfort. In India, you can find good quality exercise mats ranging from Rs 499 to Rs 5,500 and more. Here are some important factors we considered before curating this list.
Here, we have added products that are made using durable materials such as rubber, EVA, PVC, and NBR. All of these materials are lightweight, durable, and offer enhanced support while exercising.
All the mats mentioned in this list are quite thick and offer good cushioning to protect your knees and elbows from the hard floor.
All of these mats are quite light in weight and come with either a carry bag or wide straps that make it easy for you to carry it out wherever you go. Pick any of them and enjoy your workout sessions without any second thoughts!
List of Top 15 Exercise Mat Brands in India
On this page:
- 1. Kobo
- 2. AmazonBasics
- 3. Tego
- 4. Aerolite
- 5. Reebok
- 6. The True Mat
- 7. ShopExpert
- 8. Sivan
- 9. Strauss Exercise Mats
- 10. Cockatoo
- 11. Fitness Mantra
- 12. Bold Fit
- 13. VIFITKIT
- 14. Force24
- 15. Roseate
- Is there a difference between a Yoga mat and an exercise mat?
- What are the features of a high-quality gym mat?
- What are the different types of exercise mats?
Kobo is a trusted manufacturer of fitness and exercise equipment that sells its products globally. For the last five decades since its inception, the company has made a mark in the exercise world. Kobo exercise mats are made of phthalate-less NBR material that protects your body from impacts during workouts.
Prominent Features of the Kobo Exercise Mats:
- Designed using high-density NBR foam that offers ample cushioning and comfort to exercise anywhere
- The material doesn’t tear easily, which makes it very durable
- Safeguards your knees, elbows, and back with its cushioning
- The slip-proof material allows you to work without any trouble
- The mat is 8 mm thick and its dimensions are 180 cm x 60 cm
- Latex-free material
- Quality cushioning
- Comfortable for daily exercises
Why We Picked the Kobo Exercise Mats?
They provide stability to your posture as they are slip-proof. The mats are made of durable material that is tear-resistant. So, now you can not worry about the likelihood of injuries and just focus on your exercise.
Amazon has built trust like no other company in the Indian market. The company is a global giant that sells products all over the world. AmazonBasics exercise mats are one of the bestsellers in India today. They can be used for workout sessions, yoga, Pilates, and other activities.
Prominent Features of the AmazonBasics Exercise Mats:
- Made with Nitrile Butadiene Rubber which is lightweight and very durable
- Has a textured surface which prevents you from slipping while working out
- 0.5-inch cushioning offers maximum support and comfort
- Comes with a carrying strap as well
- Extra thick
- Easy to carry
- Lightweight design
Why We Picked the AmazonBasics Exercise Mats?
The mats have a textured surface for better traction and are made of foam that is both lightweight and durable. The mats are slip and skid-resistant, but the length, breadth, and thickness of the mats may vary. The Puzzle exercise mats are made of EVA foam with tiles that interlock.
Tego is a renowned fitness and exercise gear manufacturer that produces some of the most high-performance equipment in the world. With extensive R&D, high-tech labs, and manufacturing facilities along with a widespread global network, this global giant has found its place in the Indian market.
Prominent Features of the Tego Exercise Mats:
- Features a closed-cell construction that prevents any moisture from damaging the mat
- Has great cushioning to keep you comfortable while exercising
- The antimicrobial material prevents bacteria and odour
- It is 5mm thick, which makes it perfect for every workout
- Thick yet lightweight
- Comes with a premium bag
Why We Picked the Tego Exercise Mats?
Tego mats are made with lightweight, durable material and have amazing features like guide align technology and closed-cell construction for better protection from bacteria and germs.
Another leading brand in the fitness category is Aerolite. Aerolite exercise mats are made of EVA foam filling for better shock absorption. The textured surface of the mats gives you perfect stability on the floor during workouts. The mats are washable and waterproof.
Prominent Features of the Aerolite Exercise Mats:
- Designed using high-quality foam filling that offers excellent cushioning
- The surface is anti-skid and highly shock-absorbant, which makes it ideal for high-intensity exercises as well
- Product dimensions – 7.8L x 2.4W x 0.7 cm
- Doesn’t slip
Why We Picked the Aerolite Exercise Mats?
They are available in a wide range of colours. The specifications vary on the type of mat you choose. What’s more? On some of the mats, you can find images of sun salutations printed on them.
Reebok is a renowned sports and fitness gear manufacturer in India known for its innovative products made with cutting-edge technology. Reebok yoga mats are slip-resistant that offer better traction in your workout sessions.
Prominent Features of the Reebok Exercise Mats:
- Designed with Polyvinyl Chloride that makes it comfortable and offers stability
- Has grids all over that prevent you from slipping and keep the mat in place
- Weighs 548 grams
- Anti-skid material
- High-quality finish
- Has no odour
Why We Picked the Reebok Exercise Mats?
They are made of thick foam and maintain their consistency even when compressed by heavy weights. They provide a better grip to hold your exercise pose as they have a finely textured surface.
6. The True Mat
The True Mat is a distinguished fitness and exercise equipment manufacturer in India. The company exclusively produces yoga mats and exercise mats. The exercise mats are made of NBR foam, TPE, and other materials and are lightweight and portable.
Prominent Features of the True Mat Exercise Mats:
- The textured surface of the mats provides comfortable cushioning to your body
- It is made for maximum impact absorption
- With the non-slip surface of the mats, you can forget about accidental injuries to your knees or elbows
- Weighs 1 kg
- Non-toxic material
- Very light in weight
- Offers excellent grip for all your workouts
Moreover, we have also created an amazing blog where we have mentioned some of the best bike brands in India. Do have a look and let us know about your top pick.
ShopExpert is famous for its durable and lightweight exercise mats. ShopExpert mats have cell-matrix technology and special sweat absorption features to keep you dry and clean during your workouts.
Prominent Features of the ShopExpert Exercise Mats:
- The mats are made of PVC foam and other sturdy materials
- The dimensions and color of the exercise mats may vary depending on the mat you select
- Constructed with non-tear technology that protects it from ripping during high-intensity workouts
- Weighs 1 kg
- Easy to carry
- Non-toxic material
Sivan is a famous fitness and health equipment manufacturer in India. The mats are made from NBR foam that grips the floor with its anti-slip technology and protects the knee and joints from impact during workouts.
Prominent Features of the Sivan Exercise Mats:
- The mats are easily washable and waterproof
- Sivan exercise mats are available in extra-large dimensions for people of all body types
- Superior impact absorption and anti-skid ridges make the mats popular with consumers
- Weighs about 1 kg
- Convenient to carry
- Thick and shock-absorbant
9. Strauss Exercise Mats
Strauss is a popular fitness and exercise brand in India. Strauss exercise mats are one of the top-selling products of the company. The exercise mats are made of phthalates-free material, mainly hypoallergic thermal plastic elastomer.
Prominent Features of the Strauss Exercise Mats:
- The mats are slip-resistant and waterproof
- Also, act as an excellent cushion and protect your knees and joints from impacts during workouts
- Comes with wide straps to carry the mat around easily
- Easy to wash
- Adjustable loops on the straps
Cockatoo has emerged as a leading fitness and exercise equipment manufacturer in recent times. The brand produces dumbbells, resistance rotation equipment, exercise cycles, treadmills, yoga mats, exercise mats, and more such fitness products.
Prominent Features of the Cockatoo Exercise Mats:
- The exercise mats are made of NBR material and are slip-resistant
- Cockatoo puzzle interlock mats are made of EVA material and are water-resistant and easy to clean
- Available in different shades and specifications in terms of length, breadth, and thickness
- The 4 mm thickness offers ample cushioning
- Lightweight mat
- Value for money
- Durable for high-intensity workouts
11. Fitness Mantra
Fitness Mantra provides you with good quality exercise mats that encourage daily fitness amongst people. The brand is quite popular on Amazon and you can easily find its products there.
Prominent Features of the Fitness Mantra Exercise Mats:
- Made using high-quality EVA foam that doesn’t slip or skid
- The thickness of the mat is enough for you to perform any kind of asana or cardio movement
- The mats are anti-skid and can be used by people of all age groups
- Moisture-resistant technology makes them easy to clean using soap and water
- Non-toxic material
- Thick and shock-absorbing surface
- Easy to clean
12. Bold Fit
Boldfit is a rapidly-growing fitness brand based in India. It sells gym accessories, health supplements, yoga mats, and dietary supplements to take good care of your health. This durable exercise mat is the best mat for men and women alike.
Prominent Features of the Boldfit Mats:
- It features double-sided non-slip surfaces, which provide excellent slip resistance to prevent injuries
- The wavy bottom side stops the mat from sliding on the floor and gives you that much-needed extra grip
- The beautiful texture on the top surface prevents hands and feet from slipping out of position
- Made using EVA material that offers good cushioning and support while exercising
- Easy to wash
- Anti-slip design
VIFITKIT is a popular retailer of fitness gear and accessories in India. You can find everything from dumbbells, skipping ropes, and yoga mats to gloves and grips.
Prominent Features of the VIFITKIT Yoga Mats:
- This yoga mat is made of EVA material, which makes it durable and eco-friendly
- The material is biodegradable and free from PVC, silicone, latex, and other toxic materials
- It boasts a 3 mm thickness with a comfort cushion for your spine, hips, knees, and elbows on hard floors.
- An ideal exercise mat for both men and women, it is completely sweat resistant
- It also has Moisture Resistant Technology which makes the mat easily washable with soap and water
- Excellent cushioning
- Easy to wash
- Non-toxic material
Force24 offers a range of premium-quality yoga mats and workout accessories in India. Its products are sold widely on multiple eCommerce sites, and you must check them out.
Prominent Features of the Force24 Yoga Mats:
- This exercise mat features a 6mm thickness that provides you extra cushioning while you carry out your exercise routines
- Its anti-slip feature is something that helps you perform all your moves with complete confidence
- Boasting highly durable TPE material, the mat provides cushioning to your spine, hips, knees, and elbows on hard floors
- A free yoga mat carry bag is included with your Force24 Pro Grip exercise yoga mat
- Comes with a great grip
Roseate’s all-purpose yoga mats provide excellent slip resistance advantage and comfort to prevent injuries while performing any type of activity.
Prominent Features of the Roseate Yoga Mats:
- Its expectational resilience will allow your body to balance during any exercise style
- This mat is also moisture resistant which allows the mat to be easily washed after a sweaty workout routine
- Ergonomically designed, it ensures comfort for people of any shape and size
- Moisture-resistant material
- Comes with a carry bag
In addition to this, we would also like you to check our latest blog, where we have mentioned some of the top chest expanders in India. Do have a look.
We all want to invest in a good quality exercise mat, but how do we know which is the best pick? In this article, we have listed some of the best exercise mats in India based on their thickness, material, and grip. While we really like the products from Kobo, Amazon Basics, and Tego, let us know which ones you like the best!
Is there a difference between a Yoga mat and an exercise mat?
Yoga mats made with PVC material are preferred by some experts because it offers the right level of stickiness and a slightly softer texture. Exercise mats, on the other hand, are designed to be thicker for those who do not want to feel close to the ground.
What are the features of a high-quality gym mat?
Here are some features of a high-quality gym mat:
1. Durability: It should be able to handle the stresses of everyday use as well as hold up to moving equipment and people.
2. Cleanability: The ideal gym matting will be easy to clean and not damaged by standard cleaning products.
3. Support: A mat with no support can lead to unnecessary injuries and possibly more severe consequences.
What are the different types of exercise mats?
Following are some common exercise mats you can check out:
1. Yoga mat
2. Pilates mat
3. Professional Fitness mat
4. Foam mat
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
Highly experienced and competent researchers at CashKaro work hard to provide you with the finest market suggestions available online. To create a list of products you can trust, we evaluated factors such as price, quality, durability, and more. We really hope that this list will assist you in reaching an educated conclusion.