Exhaust fans are one of the most important but underrated electrical appliances in our houses. Be it kitchen or bathrooms, exhaust fans are a must in both places. They ensure proper ventilation and help get rid of smoke, malodor, fumes, and humidity, quickly and effectively. The best exhaust fans ensure continuous air circulation while being efficient, silent, and durable. They also prevent the formation of mold and grease that arise when cooking. Here we have compiled a list of the most popular exhaust fans on the market to help you choose the one you like with ease.
How Do We Choose the Best Exhaust Fans for Kitchen?
Kitchen is a creative studio where we come up with some delectable meals to feed ourselves and our loved ones. However, odour, moisture, grease, and smoke are typical by-products while making any finger-licking recipe. This not just makes the place dirty but also increases suffocation. This is where exhaust fans come into the picture. Exhaust fans are a home appliance that provides ventilation and neutralizes odor. In India, you can get quality exhaust fans ranging from Rs 900 to Rs 2000. Here are a few important aspects that you must consider before getting your hands on one of the best exhaust fans for the kitchen.
Size is one of the most crucial parameters as it ensures the effective functioning of the fan. So, make sure that you consider the size of your kitchen and measure the vent before you step out to buy the fan. To find the right size, you must consider the cubic feet per minute (CFM) or airflow capacity. CFM tells us how much air is moving per minute in cubic feet. Lesser the CFM, the smaller the fan you will require to install in the kitchen.
Turning on exhaust fans can be irritating because of the loud noise. This is why you must always pick a fan that offers noiseless performance or operates on very low noise. For this, you must consider the dB level of the fan, which tells how much noise the product makes. The higher the dB level, the louder the fan will be.
If you are looking for a fan, here is a curated list of the best exhaust fans for the kitchen for an outstanding, smokeless cooking experience.
List of The Top 10 Exhaust Fans In India
On this page:
- 1. Havells Ventilair DSP Kitchen Exhaust Fan
- 2. Usha Crisp Air Kitchen Exhaust Fan
- 3. Luminous Vento Deluxe Kitchen Exhaust Fan
- 4. Havells Ventil Air DX Kitchen Exhaust Fan
- 5. Bajaj Bahar 3 Blade Exhaust Fan
- 6. Luminous 150 mm Vento Axial Kitchen Exhaust Fan
- 7. Orpat Ventilation 6-Inch Kitchen Exhaust Fan
- 8. Usha Crisp Air Premia Kitchen Exhaust Fan
- 9. Orient Electric Hill Air Kitchen Exhaust Fan
- 10. Sameer Metal Ventilation Kitchen Exhaust Fan
- Do kitchens need exhaust fans?
- How do I choose an exhaust fan?
- When should I use an exhaust fan?
- Will an exhaust fan cool a room?
- Which exhaust fan is better between plastic and metal?
1. Havells Ventilair DSP Kitchen Exhaust Fan
Havells Ventilair DSP exhaust fan has a swept area of 230 mm. It features a bird guard to protect the fan when it is running. Built using a powder-coated metallic finish, it has an adjustable upward and downward tilt mechanism. The three sharp blades regulate airflow uniformly across the room. This exhaust fan also boasts a sound level of 40 to 50 DB, making it the best exhaust fan that will not disturb you and your family.
Prominent Features of the Havells Ventilair DSP Kitchen Exhaust Fan:
- Removes stale odour and other harmful elements from the air
- Sturdy construction requiring minimal maintenance
- Powder coated to keep the exhaust fan away from rust
- Excellent air flow with a high speed
- Sturdy metal construction
- High-speed exhaust fan
- It comes with a bird guard
- The wire length can be improved
Why We Picked the Havells Ventilair DSP Kitchen Exhaust Fan?
Havells Ventilair DSP exhaust fan is the right choice for adequate ventilation so that you can breathe fresh air and enjoy optimum health. It is a robust exhaust fan by one of the most trusted brands in India. This fan is rust-resistant, which adds more years to the fan’s life.
2. Usha Crisp Air Kitchen Exhaust Fan
Usha Crisp Air kitchen exhaust fan is a stylish, high-suction, and low-noise exhaust fan. It has aerodynamically designed blades that cut through the wind and suck the odour out. Lightweight and easy to install, it is ideal for a duct size of 9.5 x 9.5-inch. The 100% copper motor ensures a robust performance. One of the best exhaust fans for the kitchen, it also features automatic back shutters to protect the fan against foreign objects.
Prominent Features of the Usha Crisp Air Kitchen Exhaust Fan:
- It comes with a copper motor that ensures robust performance
- It has a sleek and unique design
- Light in weight and can be installed easily
- Quiet operation
- Rust-free body
- High suction capacity
- Regular maintenance of the fan is advised
Why We Picked the Usha Crisp Air Kitchen Exhaust Fan?
Suitable for both the bathroom and kitchen, Usha Crisp Air Kitchen Exhaust Fan is ideal for controlling the air quality and keeping the area away from moisture, smoke, fumes, and bad odor. This fan has a robust, rustproof body which eliminates the stress of changing the fan for a long time. Also, because it keeps the environment fresh, this exhaust fan is one of the best in this category.
3. Luminous Vento Deluxe Kitchen Exhaust Fan
The Luminous Exhaust Fan – Vento Deluxe 200 mm sports a stylish look and has 200 mm wide blades that offer 490 CMH high air delivery output. It has 5 blades to remove smoke and other unwanted odours while consuming 35 Watt power. This is the most popular choice of users and one of the best exhaust fans for kitchens, AC cabins, or conference rooms.
Prominent Features of the Luminous Vento Deluxe Kitchen Exhaust Fan:
- It has a rustproof body
- Keeps the air clean and fresh
- It is extremely lightweight, small, and compact
- Blades ensure a faster speed of rotation
- Sturdy built
- Dust protection shutters
- Noiseless operation
- It does not allow change of speed
Why We Picked the Luminous Vento Deluxe Kitchen Exhaust Fan?
Luminous Vento Deluxe Kitchen Exhaust Fan is a popular choice for people looking for a fan to install in their kitchens and bathrooms. It has a plastic body with an aerodynamically designed blade that ensures a faster rotation with a speed of 1350 RPM. This exhaust fan comes with a warranty card and an installation guide that makes it easy to set up in all the spaces.
4. Havells Ventil Air DX Kitchen Exhaust Fan
Havells Ventil Air DX kitchen exhaust fan is lightweight and one of the best exhaust fans for kitchen windows made of glass. The fan makes minimal vibration while operating and doesn’t break the glass or window panes. It is made of sturdy engineered plastic that offers excellent impact and abrasion resistance. The material also ensures that the exhaust fan is resistant to color change. This high-speed exhaust fan has sharp blades that cut through the air and have a sweep size of 250 mm. You can also check out the list of top Ceiling fan brands & Wall Fan Brands in India.
Prominent Features of the Havells Ventil Air DX Kitchen Exhaust Fan:
- Designed with abrasion resistance material
- Comes with a detachable oil collector tray for easy cleaning
- The fan causes the least amount of buffeting
- Robust motor for outstanding performance
- Gravity shutter to prevent foreign objects from entering
- High-speed exhaust fan
- Uniform suction
- The colour might accumulate dirt easily
Why We Picked the Havells Ventil Air DX Kitchen Exhaust Fan?
Havells is a top-notch brand renowned for selling the best electrical equipment in India. Ventil Air DX Kitchen Exhaust Fan is one of its outstanding products. It is a sturdy engineering plastic fan with a unique body and blade design for circulating an optimum amount of air and ensuring the lowest noise. The fan has six blades and a durable motor with inner fuse protection for longer life and better performance.
5. Bajaj Bahar 3 Blade Exhaust Fan
Bajaj Bahar 3 Blade exhaust fan has a rustproof body and dynamically balanced metal blades. It operates without much vibration, ensuring a seamless and smooth performance. This lightweight fan is one of the best exhaust fans for the kitchen and comes with an extra-strong motor. It has an attractive corrosion-resistant metallic finish and rustproof wire guards for protection against birds and flying objects.
Prominent Features of the Bajaj Bahar 3 Blade Exhaust Fan:
- Offers fast and efficient ventilation
- Compact design with solid metal body
- Comes with a front protection guard for better safety
- Consumes low energy
- Rustproof body and blades
- High air delivery
- Protection from foreign particles
- The motor speed is low
Why We Picked the Bajaj Bahar 3 Blade Exhaust Fan?
It’s time to keep your kitchen fresh and odour free with the Bajaj Bahar 3 Blade Exhaust Fan. It is a strong, efficient, and powerful fan with a heavy, strong metal body with a powder finish for longer durability and rust resistance. It can move up to 600 CMH of air with a low power consumption of just 42 Watts. Despite its low power consumption, it gives a high-end performance.
6. Luminous 150 mm Vento Axial Kitchen Exhaust Fan
The Luminous Vento Axial 150 mm Exhaust Fan is ideal for most households. It comes in a 15-inch size and has a 240 mm high air delivery output. It has 5 blades that ensure effective removal of smoke and unwanted odour. Thanks to its 2000 RPM fan speed, it consumes only 55 Watt of power. This is one of the best kitchen exhaust fans that sports a sturdy build and a stylish design.
Prominent Features of the Luminous 150 mm Vento Axial Kitchen Exhaust Fan:
- Plastic body with an aesthetic look
- Designed with a circular guard on the motor for protection
- Removes humidity, excess moisture, and pungent odours
- Deliver high-quality performance at lesser energy consumption
- Noiseless performance
- Energy efficient
- Easy to install
- Light colour can get dirty easily
7. Orpat Ventilation 6-Inch Kitchen Exhaust Fan
Orpat Ventilation kitchen exhaust fan sports a 6-inch sturdy body in white colour. This sleek and compact exhaust fan is the best exhaust fan for kitchen and bathroom use. The fan has blades with a 150 mm sweep area and sports a rustproof plastic body that is easy to clean and maintain. Its unique blade design ensures smooth airflow and produces low noise while functioning. It has a durable motor with inner fuse protection, comes with an in-built safety grill, and is ideal for mounting on a glass window.
Prominent Features of the Orpat Ventilation 6-Inch Kitchen Exhaust Fan:
- It has a sleek, ergonomic design that compliments every household
- Rustproof full plastic body
- Comes with an inbuilt safety grill
- Weighs 800 g
- 20-Watt power consumption
- Easy to clean
- Axial fan
8. Usha Crisp Air Premia Kitchen Exhaust Fan
Usha Crisp is a stylish exhaust fan with an automatic front shutter to protect the device against foreign objects. It is a lightweight kitchen exhaust fan ideal for mounting on any glass window or wall. The exhaust fan sports a rustproof body and has a powerful 100% copper motor that ensures a robust performance. It is one of the best exhaust fans from Usha’s collection, which is sturdy, low in noise operation, and helps get rid of moisture, smoke, fumes, and odour.
Prominent Features of the Usha Crisp Air Premia Kitchen Exhaust Fan:
- Suitable for both bathrooms and kitchen
- Delivers unbeatable performance
- Keeps mosquitoes and other insects away
- Easy to install
- Low noise operation
- Rustproof body
- Available in 100mm and 150mm sweep
- The sturdiness of the panes can be improved
9. Orient Electric Hill Air Kitchen Exhaust Fan
Orient’s Electric Hill Air is a 9-inch kitchen exhaust fan that keeps the kitchen fresh. The fan is built of metal and has a smooth matt grey finish. It has a 225 mm sweep size and is equipped with a powerful 1300 RPM motor. The exhaust fan has three long metallic blades that make it durable and produce strong air delivery. It effectively removes odour and smells from all parts of the room, making it one of the best exhaust fans to invest in. The fan also has a grid in the front for safety.
Prominent Features of the Orient Electric Hill Air Kitchen Exhaust Fan:
- Blades have a powder-coated finish for longer life
- Ensuring smooth and efficient performance
- It delivers high-speed performance
- Facilitates efficient ventilation with three metal blades
- Maintains fresh air
- 500 m3/hour air delivery
- 9-inch metal blades
- Not suitable for a large kitchen
10. Sameer Metal Ventilation Kitchen Exhaust Fan
Sameer metal ventilation is a 9-inch kitchen exhaust fan that has a heavy-duty motor. It sports an aesthetic build and offers a smooth operation with minimal noise of 80 DB. The exhaust fan is coated with anti-rust powder to prevent corrosion and help it last for a long duration. Its three sharp blades distribute the air uniformly in the room while removing the foul smell. The efficient motor provides maximum speed with reduced power consumption, enabling you to use it for the desired number of hours.
Prominent Features of the Sameer Metal Ventilation Kitchen Exhaust Fan:
- Sporting a strong and aesthetic look
- Has premium quality and higher durability
- Creates a better air suction effect
- It is lightweight
- Dynamically balanced blades
- Anti-rust coated
- Heavy-duty motor
- Requires regular maintenance
Exhaust fans are an important addition in every kitchen to eliminate odor and improve ventilation. To help you maintain air circulation check out our list of the best exhaust fans for the kitchen. While all of these fans work amazingly, we recommend the ones from Havells and Usha. However, you can explore any option from the above list that suits your needs the best.
Do kitchens need exhaust fans?
It is best to have exhaust fans in the kitchen because, without them, the steam and grease will evaporate into the air and coat the ceiling, the walls, kitchen cabinets, and almost every other surface in the kitchen. This grease typically accumulates over time and creates a gross slippery surface.
How do I choose an exhaust fan?
Some important factors that help choose an exhaust fan for your kitchen are:
- Measure the airflow rating(CFM) suitable for your cooking needs
- Weigh in the noise level that is suitable for you
- Skim through the features of the exhaust fan
- Check if you need a wall mounting or glass mounting exhaust fan
- Opt for a fan that is easy to install
When should I use an exhaust fan?
Exhaust fans are primarily used to remove excess moisture, grease, and fumes when cooking. They also control and eliminate odor, especially when frying food with spices. It is advised to keep the exhaust fan switched on during cooking and for a while after cooking.
Will an exhaust fan cool a room?
An exhaust fan is used to suck out smoke and fumes from the room and disperse it outside. It cannot be used to cool a room.
Which exhaust fan is better between plastic and metal?
Both plastic and metal exhaust fans have their pros and cons. Plastic exhaust fans are equipped with smooth rounded edges and are lightweight. On the other hand, metal fans have sharp edges and are usually easier to clean as they boast a rustproof body.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
CashKaro has a team of trusted researchers who understand their user’s requirements. They spend valuable time finding and testing the products to provide you with the finest suggestions available. They check the product on various criteria and screen out dodgy products. At CashKaro, you will only get the best suggestions to make the right decision.