Every man deserves a sophisticated pair of formal shoes to ace his office meetings and formal occasions. With a plethora of different types of formal & Leather shoes available in the market today, it is natural to feel confused. When it comes to these shoes, your best bet can either be Oxford or the classic Derby shoes. However, if you’re unsure of which brand makes the best formal shoes for men, you’ve come to the right place. Read more to know about the best formal shoe brands in India and why you should choose them.
|Our Top Recommendations||Best Prices on Amazon|
|Hush Puppies||Check Prices|
|Lee cooper||Check Prices|
On this page:
- How do we Test the Best Formal Shoe Brands?
- 1. Clarks
- 2. Hush Puppies
- 3. Bridlen
- 4. Lee Cooper
- 5. Red Tape
- 6. Pelle Santino
- 7. Bata
- 8. Woodland
- 9. Louis Phillipe
- 10. Steve Madden
- 11. Red Chief
- 1. What are the best formal shoe brands for men in India?
- 2. Which brand has the most comfortable formal shoes?
- 3. What is the best luxury shoe brand?
- 4. Who makes the best designer men’s shoes?
How do we Test the Best Formal Shoe Brands?
Formal shoes are your must-have companion for office meetings or a formal occasion. The best formal shoes for men range in price from Rs 2,000 to Rs 10,000 or more. Here are a few of the best formal shoe brands. We chose them based on a variety of characteristics, including their quality, comfort, and pricing. In picking the finest formal shoe brands, we paid close attention to consumer feedback. All the products listed here have at least a 4/5 rating on Amazon. Here you can also check some of the best hiking shoes brands in India.
List of the Top 11 Formal Shoe Brands in India
C & J Clark International is one of the finest international shoe brands in the world. It was founded in 1825 by Cyrus Clark and James Clark and has its headquarters in Street, Somerset, England. The brand caters to a wide audience across the globe and has gained loyal customers due to its impeccable quality products.
- These black formal shoes for men are crafted with high-quality leather that looks and feels super classy.
- Its classic round-toe design makes this pair of shoes your go-to choice for numerous occasions.
- The sole is super soft and comfortable and keeps your feet at ease all the time.
- Made from high-quality leather
- Looks and feels quite refined
- The sole is soft and comfy
- Get very easily scuffed
- Not as seen in the picture
2. Hush Puppies
Hush Puppies is a contemporary shoe brand based in the USA and has garnered massive attention for its top-notch products. The brand was founded in 1958 and has its headquarters in Rockford, Michigan. You can easily find Hush Puppies products at your nearby Bata stores or order them online on Amazon. The brand has a great presence in more than 140 countries across the globe. Here, you can also check casual shoe brands in India.
- The BROOMM shoes by Hush Puppies look super stylish and make you stand out from the rest.
- It has a pure leather upper and sole which offers it a rich feel and a brogue design that’s a classic.
- If you’re looking for a pair of shoes to instantly upgrade your attire, go for these shoes.
- Looks fantastic
- Made of genuine leather
- It features a brogue design
- Leather peeling from the sides
- Quality could be better
Bridlen is a brand that is an amalgamation of Japanese and Indian craftsmanship to create something truly unique and inspiring. This Indian brand was launched by Mr Hasan and Mr Watanabe and caters to people who love aesthetically pleasing yet comfortable footwear.
- These Austerity Oxford Shoes by Bridlen are some of their most classic pieces till date.
- The shoes are crafted with a stunning calf suede upper that looks and feels almost velvety.
- The leather lining and insole offers utmost comfort and keep your feet at ease while walking.
- Looks classic
- Crafted with care
- Feels comfortable
- Absorbs water
- Keeps stain
- Needs hard care
4. Lee Cooper
One of the most popular clothing and footwear brands in the world, Lee Cooper surely doesn’t hold back when it comes to the best formal shoe brands for men. This American-English brand was founded in 1908 by Morris Cooper and had its headquarters in London, England. You can find top-notch jeans, shirts, shoes, and belts under this brand.
- These uniform dress shoes are crafted with top-grade leather, perfect for everyday wear.
- They come with a rubber sole to offer you a proper grip while walking.
- The logo embellished on the sides creates a stylish appearance.
- Top-quality leather
- Comfortable sole
- Stylish appearance
- Leaves original colour
- Sole is not durable
- Too pricey
5. Red Tape
Red Tape was conceptualised in the year 1996 and stands to be one of the most popular Indian footwear brands today. The brand also exports its products to several other countries across the globe. Red Tape initially began with manufacturing footwear but eventually diversified into the clothing sector. Over the years, the brand has managed to gain a formidable reputation in the market and continues to evolve every year.
- These formal shoes for men by Red Tape are designed with pure leather that add a touch of class to your overall ensemble.
- The comfortable insoles ensure that your feet don’t hurt at all throughout the day.
- Since these are lace-up shoes, you can also customise the fit as per your convenience.
- Pure leather
- Comfortable in wearing
- Fits with all dress
- Sole gets damaged early
- Stitch breaks
- Lacks finishing
6. Pelle Santino
Footwear and luxury go hand in hand when it comes to the brand, Pelle Santino. Run by The Dapper Man, Pelle Santino is a true definition of style and grandeur. Each piece is made with the best material and is handcrafted by the best craftsmen from across the globe.
- These Croco Penny loafers by Pelle Santino are handcrafted with full-grain leather.
- The crocodile skin pattern all over creates a stylish and luxe appearance.
- The loafers have a super-soft padded insole to ensure that your feet are comfortable, no matter how long you wear them.
- Made with full grain leather
- Crocodile skin pattern
- Comfortable to wear
- Different from picture
- Feels tight
- Sweating in feet
Founded in 1894, Bata is a renowned name in the Indian footwear industry. The brand started off in Lausanne, Switzerland and has a significant presence in several countries worldwide today. Bata produces affordable footwear at pretty reasonable prices, so it’s a popular choice in India where people are always looking for great quality without burning a hole in their pockets.
- These formal shoes by Bata are crafted with a high-quality polyurethane upper and a classic design that goes well with a variety of outfits.
- The PU sole also offers optimum comfort to your feet all day.
- All in all, a great addition to your collection of classy formal shoes.
- Comfortable to wear
- Classic design
- PU sole
- Slips on smooth surface
- Might get damaged on contact with water
Woodland was founded in 1992 and is run by Aero Group, a popular footwear company. The brand gained a lot of traction for its edgy and out-of-the-box leather shoes in India and still remains a popular choice here. Woodland also produces clothing and accessories that you can easily buy from a nearby store or via online platforms.
- These slip-on shoes feature a leather upper that creates a stunning appearance.
- The thermoplastic elastomer soles keep your feet comfortable on different terrains.
- Since these shoes have a slip-on design, you can easily put them on and get to business.
- Sturdy look
- Easy to care
- Casually wearable
- Sole is tight
- Feels heavy
9. Louis Phillipe
Louis Phillipe is one of the best luxury clothing and footwear brands of Indian origin. It was launched in 1989 and is a subsidiary of Madura Fashion & Lifestyle. With Robert Pattinson as its brand ambassador, Louis Phillipe has become a sensation in India today.
- These tan-brown formal shoes by LP are crafted with a sensational leather upper and durable TPR sole.
- The pair features a classic lace closure and a logo embellished on top that adds to its luxury even more.
10. Steve Madden
Steve Madden is a leading manufacturer of footwear and is based in Long Island City, New York. The brand was launched in 1990 by Steve Madden and has numerous labels under its name. Over the years, Steve Madden has garnered a loyal customer base in India, and a lot of people only prefer using its products.
- These classic formal shoes for men are crafted with leather that adds an aesthetic appeal to them.
- The sleek and modern design makes them perfect to wear with formals and quickly enhances your overall appearance.
- The pair features a leather sole to keep your feet comfortable and sweat-free all day long.
11. Red Chief
Founded in 1995, Red Chief is one of the finest footwear brands in India. The brand produces stellar quality shoes and belts that are made with pure leather and gives competition to the biggest international brands today. With headquarters in Kanpur, Red Chief smoothly operates across the country and has several outlets everywhere in India.
- These formal shoes have an ankle-length design which gives them a distinct and stylish appearance.
- They are designed with leather and have a comfortable insole for optimum comfort.
1. What are the best formal shoe brands for men in India?
Brands like Clarks, Hush Puppies, Bridlen, Pelle Santino, Louis Phillipe, and Bata are manufacturing the best quality formal shoes for men in India.
2. Which brand has the most comfortable formal shoes?
Hush Puppies makes some of the most stylish and comfortable formal shoes in India.
3. What is the best luxury shoe brand?
Cheaney, Hugo Boss, and Emporio Armani are some of the top luxury formal shoe brands for men in India. These are international shoe brands that have price tags well in the lakhs of rupees.
4. Who makes the best designer men’s shoes?
Designer men’s formal shoes are made by big designer labels like Salvatore Ferragamo, Giorgio Armani, Jimmy Choo, and more.