From satiating our untimely hunger pangs to experimenting with unique noodle recipes, we have loved instant noodles in every form. The sheer convenience and ease of cooking them is probably why they are loved by kids and adults alike. And let’s not forget about the best part, instant noodles are a lazy person’s best friend. But these days instant noodles are more than just steeping hot water and seasoning in a bowl. With brands coming up with new flavours, condiments, and even tastier, better quality noodles, choosing just one for your next midnight snack can become a task. Since we share your love for the classic dish, here is our take on some of the best noodle brands in India that you should try out.
How Do We Choose the Best Noodles for You?
When it comes to noodles, everyone has a different preference in terms of taste, spice, and aroma. In India, you can easily get good quality noodles from Rs 10 – Rs 60. We have compiled a list of noodles that are thick, delicious, come with top-class seasonings, cook quickly, and are super versatile. You can make a variety of different noodle dishes with the products mentioned below. All of these brands are widely popular and have great online reviews as well.
List of Top 10 Noodle Brands in India
On this page:
Maggi lives in the heart of every Indian food lover. Whether you’re happy or sad, a bowl of hot Maggi just makes everything better. This Swedish brand was launched in the year 1884 by Julius Maggi. It majorly sells spice cubes, seasonings, instant soups, and noodles that are loved across the globe. The brand was acquired by Nestle in 1947 and dominates the Indian market today. here you can also check List of Egg Boilers
Notable Features of the Maggi Noodles:
- Includes noodle cake and spice mix
- Spices mix is made from roasted spices and high quality ingredients
- Noodles cook quickly
- Can be used to make a variety of recipes
- Fulfills 15% of your everyday iron requirement
- Noodles are soft and bouncy
- Aromatic spice mix seeps in the noodles quickly
- 2 minute preparation time
- Noodles may get sticky after a while
Founded in 1972, Indomie is one of the largest instant noodle manufacturers in Indonesia. The brand is owned by Indofood and serves around 100 countries around the globe. Its noodles come in a variety of flavours and textures that are loved by the Indian crowd as well. The Mie Goreng by Indomie is one of its best selling products.
Notable Features of the Indomie Special Chicken Noodles:
- Made with 70% wheat and oil
- Pack contains sachets of seasoning powder and seasoning oil
- Non-vegetarian product
- Noodles are easily seperated after cooking
- Has the right amount of spice for Indian taste buds
- Cooks quickly
- Noodle oil needs to be shaken before use
- Contains high amounts of sodium
Sunfeast is one of the leading FMCG companies in India, which is owned by ITC. It was founded in 2003 and became super popular for its glucose and cream biscuits in India. The brand has evolved at lightning speed and came up with interesting products that we Indians love. Yippee noodles have remained the ultimate favourite of many Indians for years now.
Notable Features of the Sunfeast Yippee Magic Masala Noodles:
- Has a blend of unique spices and dehydrated veggies
- Non-sticky texture
- The noodles are made from whole wheat and real vegetable
- Round cake shape
- Comes in a variety of flavour variants
- Noodles have wheat protein
- Round cake allows the noodles to cook thoroughly without breaking them
- Cooks within a few minutes
- Noodles may feel a little starchy
Nissin Foods is a leading producer of instant noodles and is based out of Japan. The brand was launched in 1958 by Momofuku Ando and has seen immense growth ever since. Its famous Ramen Noodles have taken the noodle market by storm, and millions of people enjoy eating them every day. The brand has its headquarters in Tokyo and serves customers worldwide.
Notable Features of the Nissin Top Ram Noodles:
- Noodles are soft and made with premium material
- High quality ingredients in the spice mix
- Contains no added MSG or preservatives
- Enriched with protein
- Indo-chinese flavour is loved by all
- Has very low sodium content
- Filled with protein
- Taste may not be liked by everyone
Knorr is a renowned brand in India, popular for its soups. It was founded in 1838 by Carl Heinrich Theodor Knorr and has its headquarters in Germany. The brand majorly retails instant soups and noodles that people from around the globe enjoy. It has gained a massive customer base in India after releasing its soupy noodles, which no other brand has done to date here.
Notable Features of the Knorr Soupy Noodles:
- Contains a soup/noodle spice mix and noodle cake
- Has a lot of veggies
- Good source of protein
- Cooks up within a few minutes
- Has a thick liquid consistency
- Protein rich noodles
- Has no added preservatives
- Rich and aromatic soup
- Need the right amount water or the noodles may get dry quickly
Ching’s Secret was founded in 1996 by Ajay Gupta and is one of the best instant noodles brands in India. The brand manufactures amazing noodles, soups, sauces, masalas, and chutneys that are a blend of different South-East Asian flavours. It has its headquarters in Mumbai and operates across the country pretty smoothly.
Notable Features of the Ching’s Schezwan Instant Noodles:
- Thick and nice noodles
- Comes with an aromatic schezwan spice mix and noodle cake
- Easy to cook recipe
- Comes in multiple flavour variants
- Noodles are made hygienically
- Non-soggy and non-sticky noodles
Koka is a popular instant noodle brand that hails from Singapore. It’s owned by Tat Hui Food Pte. Ltd, which was founded in 1986. It exports to Asia, Africa, Europe, Oceania, and America today. Koka is loved for its wide range of flavours; some of the best-selling flavours are chicken, curry masala, mie goreng, mushroom, prawn, etc.
Notable Features About the Koka Chicken Noodles:
- Comes in a pack of five
- Chicken flavour noodles
- Pack contains spice mix and noodle cake
- Noodle cooks within a minutes
- Aromatic chicken flavour
- Noodles break easily
Patanjali Ayurved has become a top contender in the Indian foods market with its affordable yet amazing quality products. The brand started off with retailing ayurvedic medicines and supplements and slowly expanded to staples, snacks, and other food products in India. It was founded in 2006 by Balakrishna and Baba Ramdev. The brand has its headquarters in Haridwar and a stellar presence in the Indian market today.
Notable Features of the Patanjali Atta Noodles:
- Noodles are made with wheat
- Bouncy noodles with good in-mouth feel
- Contains a spice mix and noodle cake
- Wheat noodles are healthier for you
- Spixe mix is perfect for Indian taste buds
- Noodles can become soggy and sticky after a while
9. Wai Wai
Founded in 1972, Wai Wai is a popular instant noodles brand owned by Thai Preserved Food Factory, Co., Ltd. This Thailand-based company has garnered great traction here in India due to its amazing taste and texture. It was launched by Surin Napapruekchat and has factories in Nepal as well.
Notable Features of Wai Wai Fish Curry Noodles:
- Thick and bouncy noodles
- Perfect blend of spices
- Noodles are made with wheat
- Aromatic fish curry flavour
- Wheat noodles are healthier than maida ones
- Fish curry flavour
- Noodles have great in-mouth feel
Horlicks is popular milk and sweet malted powder that is a favourite among kids. It was founded by James and William Horlick in the early 20th century. The brand was introduced to the Indian market at the end of the world war by the British. It soon took over the market and expanded into food segments as well.
Notable Features of Horlicks Foodles:
- Noodles are made with wheat, corn, and ragi
- Has iron and calcium
- Comes with a spice mix and noodle cake
- Contains no added preservatives
- Loaded with essential vitamins
- Noodles may taste a little starchy
1. What are the best selling noodle brands in India?
Maggi, Knorr, Yippee, Wai Wai, and Nissin are some of the best-selling noodle brands in India.
2. Which noodles are healthier for you?
Wheat noodles are much healthier for you as compared to other variants in the market.