Women take pride in wearing ethnic clothes, and Kurtis is a true staple in Indian fashion. A simple Kurti can completely transform your look and make you feel beautiful instantly. They are super versatile and come in a number of different styles, fabrics, and prints. You can easily pair them up with churidar, jeans, palazzos, culottes, or pants and look ravishing in all of them. In this article, we have curated a list of the best Kurti brands in India that you can trust with your eyes closed.
Our Top Picks:
How Do We Choose the Best Kurti Brands For You?
India is the homeland of exquisite Kurtis. Ranging from daring and sexy options for a party to discreet classic models for the office, here you will get something for every occasion. They are considered the pride of Indian fashion and have long been a part of every woman’s wardrobe. Today, there is a long list of Kurti brands that are ruling the market. You can get your hand on one of the best pieces starting from Rs 500. However, there is no upper limit as they might go up to thousands according to the design and style.
While choosing the best 15 brands was a daunting task, the following factors helped us in making the right selection. You must also keep these factors in mind while making a purchase.
The quality of the Kurti is an important factor to consider as it tells a lot about the brand. A good quality Kurti enhances the look and is highly durable. To prevent you from being disappointed, we have picked the brands that offer great quality products.
When it comes to women’s fashion, variety is a crucial factor that you can’t miss. There must be different styles, designs, and trends of Kurtis. Hence, we choose brands that offer a range of options for making a selection. They have Kurtis for different occasions, which makes selection more fun and easier.
List of the Top 16 Kurti Brands in India That You Must Try
Biba Apparels is a brand that millions of Indian women resonate with. It has a diverse clothing range with several spectacular designs under its belt, making every woman want to own something from the brand. Launched in 1988 by Mina Bindra, the brand has grown multi-folds in the last two decades and has hundreds of outlets across the country. Even eminent personalities from Bollywood adore Biba, and the brand has been worn by many celebrities in multiple movies.
Prominent Features of the Biba Pink Block Print Kurti:
- It is made with pure cotton fabric; it will keep you comfortable and sweat-free all day long
- The A-line design looks super flattering and gives you a more elegant appearance
- It has a stunning pink floral print with V-neckline and three forth sleeves, making it perfect for casual days or office looks
- Kurti has calf length with a flared hem that enhances the look and makes it more fashionable
- Multiple sizes available
- Flared silhouette
- 100% Cotton
- Breathable fabric
- Does not come with a pant or palazzo
Why We Picked the Biba Pink Block Print Kurti?
It’s time to embrace the trend of florals with this beautiful pink A-line Kurti by Biba. This pure cotton Kurti with the flared silhouette is the perfect choice for a day event and a good option for Indian women of all age groups and body types. Without s doubt, Biba has a diverse variety of Kurtis in numerous designs that you must check out.
W for Women
W is a brand that has gained immense popularity in the Indian market, and there’s no reason why it shouldn’t. The brand speaks volumes about what modern Indian women love and about grandeur. It was founded in the year 2001 by Mr OS Pasricha and Mr. AS Pasricha. The company is a part of TCNS Clothing Co. Ltd. and excels at designing superb contemporary designs blended with ethnic wear. With its headquarters in New Delhi, the brand operates in several cities across the country with 400+ outlets. Also, here you can check out some of the best saree brands & fashion brands in India.
Prominent Features of the W Iceberg Green Floral Print Kurta:
- This kurta is crafted with 100% quality viscose fabric, which makes it lightweight and airy
- Its printed floral pattern creates a sophisticated look that would look good on both casual and special occasions
- This straight kurta features embroidery on the pocket and sleeves for a glam look
- Versatile Kurti
- Breathable fabric
- Dori embroidery
- Attractive pattern
- Recommended to be washed by hand
Why We Picked the W Iceberg Green Floral Print Kurta?
Dress up in style with this kurta from W for Women. It is a pretty light green printed straight kurta with a mandarin collar and three-quarter sleeves that is perfect for elevating your ethnic collection. Also, it has a tassel tie-up and side slit that enhances the entire look. You can simply pair it with pants or jeans to rock your way through the day.
Sabhyata is a leading ethnic wear brand founded in 2003 by Mr. Anil Arora and Mr. Pankaj Anand. It has a range of beautiful kurtis, suits, ethnic dresses, leggings, skirts, and kurtas that people of all ages love. If you’ve been looking for classy Indian wear to rock your next festive occasion, Sabhyata is a brand that you must check out.
Prominent Features of the Sabhyata Yellow Ethnic Motifs Embroidered Kurti:
- Crafted with premium rayon slub that’s super soft and comfortable on the skin
- The beautiful thread and sequin detailing all over create an elegant appearance
- Features a round neckline with three-quarter sleeves and a straight hemline
- This calf-length kurti can be paired with contrasting palazzos or pants to create a sleek look
- Minimal embroidery adds a graceful touch
- Comes in plus sizes as well
- Soft and comfortable fabric
Why We Picked the Sabhyata Yellow Ethnic Motifs Embroidered Kurti?
This elegant kurti is a must-have to flaunt your style on a festive day or when heading out for work. It boasts stunning sequin embroidery to add a touch of class to your ensemble. Pair it with leggings and ethnic chappals to be the centre of all attention!
Libas is famous for amalgamating Indian wear with contemporary designs to create something unique. The brand’s entire range is somewhat unique and diverse. It was founded in the year 1985 by Reshma and Riyaz Gangji, and there has been no looking back ever since. Libas has also worked on beautiful Kurtis for plus-size women in India and has a wide range of elegant and affordable clothes in their plus section.
Prominent Features of the Libas Off White Solid Pure Cotton Kurta:
- This white woven straight kurta is made with soft cotton fabric, which feels light and comfortable
- Its solid pattern with delicate schiffli detailing offers a luxe appearance and makes this Kurti look graceful
- The calf-length with straight hemline makes this Kurti ideal for work and beyond
- Sophisticated design
- Pure, high-quality cotton
- Comfortable fit
- Feels soft on the skin
Why We Picked the Libas Off White Solid Pure Cotton Kurta?
Get this off-white Libas Kurti and make a stunning addition to your traditional wear selection. Made with the finest quality cotton with a notched neckline and three-quarter sleeves, this Kurti feels lightweight and allows easy breathability. Apart from beautiful detailing, this Kurti is highly versatile and can be paired with white pants, sharara pants, or pyjamas to create the perfect look.
Aurelia is also a great brand making highlights in the Indian fashion industry with its ever-so-inspiring launches. It was launched in the year 2009 by Mr. OS Pasricha and Mr. AS Pasricha, who became famous after the success of W for Women. Both brands run under TCNS Clothing Co. Ltd. The brand aims to make Indian clothing more interesting for women and always comes up with something unique. If you love modern Kurtis with a contemporary twist to them, check out Aurelia’s clothing range today.
Prominent Features of the Aurelia Light Blue Collar Neck Kurta:
- This straight kurta is made of cotton lurex fabric that does not itch or feel uncomfortable
- It has a rounded hem with a shirt collar neckline that adds to its elegance and makes it perfect for office wear
- This Kurti has a beautiful blue color, short sleeve, and stripe print that can be styled in many ways
- Simple yet classy
- Comfortable and lightweight
- Button placket
- Decent geometric pattern
- Single color availability
Why We Picked the Aurelia Light Blue Collar Neck Kurta?
Aurelia Light Blue Collar Neck Kurta is a classic piece of clothing for office and daily wear. It is made with 98% cotton and 2% lurex fabric that offers it excellent breathability and a decent look. This Kurti has short sleeves, a collar neck, and a straight shape, giving it a trendy summer touch. You can style this Kurti can be worn with jeans, straight pants, and trousers and redefine your office look.
Global Desi is the brainchild of prominent fashion designer and entrepreneur Anita Dongre and was founded in the year 2007. The brand has grown at a fast pace in the last couple of years and currently has 140+ outlets across the country. It has a blend of bohemian designs, which are beautifully balanced with both Indian and western inspirations. Most of its Kurtis are priced moderately, which suits everyone’s budget.
Prominent Features of the Global Desi Yellow Self Design Straight Kurta:
- This beautiful yellow kurta is made with rich cotton fabric for uninterrupted, comfortable long hours of wearing
- The A-line design enhances your feminine silhouette and sits beautifully on your body
- The intricate floral detailing at the yoke and round neck with tie-up Dori gives it a super chic and boho appeal
- Available in different sizes, from XS (extra small) to XXL (double, extra-large)
- Elegant and chich
- High-quality fabric
- Embroided design
- 100% Cotton
- Slightly on the expensive side
Why We Picked the Global Desi Yellow Self Design Straight Kurta?
If you love yellow, this is a must-have Kurti from Global Desi. It is an elegant and chic Kurti that has detailed floral embroidery, a round neck, and three-fourth sleeves to upgrade your ethnic look. You can pair this Kurti with contrasting bottoms with some chunky, elegant earrings to elevate the casual look. You can also get a dupatta to make the look more festive.
Fabindia is a prominent retail store in India that manufactures home decor, clothing, and ethnic products. It was founded by John Bissell in the year 1960. Over the years, Fabindia has made a name for itself in the Indian textile industry for its impeccable fabrics and home furnishing items. The brand has its headquarters in New Delhi, India and operates in around 400 stores, both national and international. Fabindia is also a sustainable clothing brand and collaborates with local artisans to get the most authentic designs and pieces.
Prominent Features of the Fabindia Cotton Woven Long Kurta:
- It is made from the finest cotton fabric and has topstitch detailing at the front, which adds elegance to the silhouette
- This Kurti features three-quarter length sleeves and a round neck with a woven pattern which makes it perfect to amp up your wardrobe
- There are multiple sizes and colors available, namely black, green, yellow, and red
- An ethnic yet modern vibe
- Breathable cotton fabric
- Feels soft on the skin
- Has pocket on one side
- Availability might be an issue
Jaipur Kurti is a famous ethnic clothing brand founded by Mr. Anuj Mundhra in the year 2012. The brand is run under Nandani Creation Pvt. Ltd. It rose to fame in a very short span of time and has managed to secure a higher position with its great quality products. Its designs stand true to Rajasthani culture blended with modern-end designs. The best thing about this brand is that all of its products are reliable and extremely affordable.
Prominent Features of the Jaipur Kurti:
- It has beautiful blue and green geometrical patterns all over and a long side slit, making it a perfect duo of style and elegance
- The kurta is made with cotton, so it’s very lightweight, comfortable, and easy on your skin
- The contrasting pink embroidery on the sleeves and pink fabric buttons adds a modern element to this attire
- Apart from regular sizing, from Small to Extra Large, it is available in plus sizes also, from 3XL to 6XL
- Stylish and versatile
- Alluring print
- Excellent quality fabric
- Good quality beads
- Some users complain of color bleeding of pink beads
Ritu Kumar is a well-known name in the fashion industry and has a stellar clientele around the globe. She owns several designer brands under her label and is one of the most respectable designers in the country. Her brand celebrates the Indian woman in her most authentic self and offers beautiful contemporary clothing that suits everyone. It is a high-end brand, and many celebrities love it too.
Prominent Features of the Ritu Kumar Pink Floral Print Kurti:
- This beautiful pink Kurti is made of chiffon material that is extremely lightweight and feels soft on the skin
- It has a floral print with ruffles on the sleeves and bottom of the Kurti that looks very graceful
- The beautiful pink color goes well with various color bottoms and can be styled in many ways
- Highly durable material
- Versatile styling options
- The fabric looks chic and stylish
- Fits most people well
- A little pricey
Rangmanch is a sub-brand of Pantaloons and sells minimalistic modern Kurtis that are loved by all. You can find bold, minimalistic, and unique patterns of clothing under this brand at very affordable prices. The brand has gained a loyal customer base due to its high-quality products that look very flattering to every woman.
Prominent Features of the Rangmanch Light-grey Regular Kurta:
- This grey kurta is made with a cotton fabric to keep it lightweight and breezy
- It has a stunning floral print all over it, which makes it a great choice to wear for every occasion
- You can simply pair it with white leggings, palazzo, or pants, and you’ll be ready to make heads turn wherever you go
- Features three-fourth sleeves and a classic mandarin collar that adds a classic look to it
- Lightweight fabric
- Earthy color
- Cool and comfortable fabric
While talking about Indian ethnic wear, Janasya is the brand you can’t miss. It is a brand for modern women who appreciates fashion that is beyond usual. The brand aims to provide highly fashionable products that not just speak high-quality but also competitive prices. It creatively blends contemporary trends with Indian art forms and comes up with surreal designs that are suitable for all Indian body types and tastes. It is a leading brand whose Kurti is a must-have in your wardrobe.
Prominent Features of the Janasya Green Solid Dobby Weave Kurta:
- It is a self-design polka dot kurta with a v-neckline and gathers on a yoke, which is perfect for special gatherings
- This kurta flows outward from the yoke with slight gathers and flared hem that gives a unique touch to a basic kurta
- Its poly chiffon material is extremely comfortable and lightweight, perfect for hot summer days
- Pastel color
- Lightweight fabric
- Extremely breathable
- Looks unique and stylish
- The color may differ slightly from the pictures
A popular name across the country, Rangriti is one of those brands every woman loves to have in their ethnic closet. If you are looking for affordability with good style, your search ends right here with the Rangriti brand. It perfectly blends unique designs and vibrant colors and offers a range of Kurtis that never goes out of fashion. With an aim to bring freshness, variety & style to every woman’s closet, it has swiftly become a popular brand in the country.
Prominent Features of the Rangriti Green Art Silk Straight Kurta:
- It is made with machine weave art silk fabric that looks classy and is perfect for various occasions
- This Kurti features an embellished yoke design with a flat collar design and three-quarter, regular sleeves
- It has a straight, structured feminine look with straight hem and zari details to add bling to the outfit
- Vibrant, unique color
- Looks modern and stylish
- Beautiful embellishments
- Versatile Kurti
Next on the list, we have a brand that represents our heritage like no other. Soch represents Indian craftsmanship in a contemporary vocabulary and is a one-stop brand for all ethnic needs. It has an unmatched collection of prints, colors, designs, and fabrics that will make you look like a style diva in no time. You can browse over 300 styles at more than 125 exclusive brand outlets across 49 cities. If you are eager to up your fashion game, you must check out the Soch’s array of ethnic wear.
Prominent Features of the Soch Red Chanderi Kurta:
- This Red Chanderi Kurta features a round neckline with full sleeves and side slits
- There is embroidered design with zari on the yoke and borders that enhances the whole look
- Available in two vibrant colors: red and green, both of which look decent and beautiful
- Comfortable yet stylish
- It can be styled in many ways
- Quality fabric and embellishment
- Zari work makes it perfect for various occasions
- Not good for machine wash
Varanga is an Indian brand that supports affordable fashion. It is deeply rooted in our rich culture & traditions and has given a new dimension to Indian ethnic wear. Founded back in 2014 by Shrikant Chandak & Ragini Roy, it has managed to gain a massive market share. Here you will find a wide range of smart & affordable pieces for different occasions and purposes. If you are looking for Kurtis that exudes simplicity and class simultaneously, Varanga is the brand for you.
Prominent Features of the Varanga Black & Golden Ethnic Foil Print Kurti:
- This ethnic foil print Kurti has thread work and sequinned detailing, making it perfect for styling for various occasions
- It has an A-line design with tie-up detail and flared hem for better fit and modern styling
- This Kurti is made with viscose rayon that is breathable, lightweight, and drapes like a dream
- This Anarkali Kurti is available in two different colors: Black and Mehroon
- Flowy and lighter fabric
- Fits perfectly
- Comfortable material
- Value for money
Rain and Rainbow
Rain and Rainbow is a Jaipur-based luxury lifestyle brand that brings the latest trends in prints, colour and style to India. It is a brand of Gulshan Fashions that has been in the market for a long. Over the years, it has grabbed the attention of females and become one of the best Kurti brands in India. With modern silhouettes and a wide spectrum of fresh hues, it tries to keep the ethnic Indian look alive.
Prominent Features of the Rain and Rainbow Olive Green & Blue Solid Kurta Set:
- It is an olive green & blue solid kurta set that comes with churidar bottoms & dupatta
- Crafted with cotton fabric, this graceful piece feels comfortable and easy on the skin
- The kurta has a mandarin collar and three-quarter sleeves with a drawstring closure that adds to its design
- It has hand block print dupatta with gotta Patti taping on the border to make it a beguiling choice
- Vibrant colour
- Effortless styling
- Embroidery looks stylish
- Perfect for all occasions
- This is not machine wash-friendly
Diza is a flagship brand of Westside that produces incredibly beautiful plus-size ethnic wear. Westside has become a popular choice in Indian plus-size fashion as it has been making efforts to make clothing easily accessible for all. You can find numerous attractive prints and designs under this brand that sit beautifully on your body and make you feel confident.
Prominent Features of the Diza Curves Sage Floral A-Line Kurta:
- It is a beautiful floral print kurta with an A-line frame, which gives it a feminine charm
- This straight kurta has a sophisticated floral pattern that adds a touch of elegance to it
- It comes with a beautiful slit pocket which increases its functionality and makes it comfortable all day long
- This Diza Kurti has a button-down front, which offers a practical finish and makes it perfect for office wear
- Variety of colours available
- Perfect for flaunting your curves
- Comfortable and breathable fabric
- Perfect for everyday wear
- It is slightly expensive
No matter how much you love wearing western outfits, Kurtis is still high on the fashion game. They are a must-have piece of clothing to amp up your style quotient. If your personal style is about comfort and fashion going hand-in-hand, these above-mentioned Kurtis brands are what you need to check out. Among all these brands, Biba, Aurelia, and Global Desi are our top choices because of their quality material, variety of styles, and easy availability at affordable prices. Let us know which brand is your favorite and what you are going to purchase next.
Where can I find the best Kurtis online?
Almost every brand has started selling its products online. Some of the best Kurti brands online are W for Women, Biba, Global Desi, and Fabindia. These brands are trustworthy, and you will never feel disappointed after receiving the product.
Is Biba an Indian brand?
Yes, Biba is an Indian fashion brand that was founded in 1988 by Meena Bindra. In India, it has over 150 brand outlets and 225 multi-brand outlets.
Where can I buy affordable kurtas online?
You can simply visit sites like Amazon, Flipkart, and Tata Cliq to find amazing Kurti options. You may even find great discounts during the festive seasons.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
Highly skilled and dedicated researchers of CashKaro work tirelessly testing different products to provide you with the best recommendations. To compile a list of products you can rely on, we access products on multiple factors. For this Kurti brands blog, we evaluated brands on factors such as price, fabric, quality, style, and more. We hope you find these suggestions helpful. Happy shopping!