A lot of our time is spent in the kitchen and cooking rotis is one of the most tiring and time-consuming tasks. A roti maker helps reduce the load big time. It is quite quick and simple to operate – all you need to do is put in the dough ball, push down the presser, and get the perfect rotis within minutes. It indeed saves both time and effort, and all that without the use of oil. Check out our list of the best roti makers to pick one that turns your kitchen into a smarter one.
Our Top Picks
How We Select the Best Roti Makers for You?
If you live in India, rotis are something that you will eat almost every day since it’s a staple in most Indian households. We all love round, soft, and fluffed up rotis that are loaded with ghee. However, making the perfect chapatis is not as easy as it looks and consumes a lot of time. If you’re always busy with work and personal commitments, a good quality roti maker can make your life 10x easier. The average roti maker costs fluctuate from Rs 1,699 to Rs 4,500, depending on your budget and needs.
Various factors need to be considered before buying a roti maker and we’ve made that job easier for you with this list. Some of the most important parameters to take care of are the appliance material, power consumption, griddle size, non-stick feature, and if it’s shock-proof or not. There are many options available in the market which can be very confusing for first-time buyers.Here you can also check: best wheat atta brands & Best Food Processors
Most products mentioned here have great customer reviews on Amazon and above-average to excellent ratings as well. So fret not, as you will only find the best of the best here. Read more to find the best selling roti makers in India.
List of 7 Best Chapati Makers for Home Use
Prestige Roti Maker
Prestige is known for its kitchen utensils and has outdone itself with this best-quality roti maker. The company was launched in the year 1955 by T T Krishnamachari and has its headquarters in Chennai, India. It is widely known for its pressure cookers and you can trust its appliances without a doubt.
Notable Features of the Prestige Roti Maker:
- Comes equipped with a temperature knob
- Made with stainless steel
- Also comes with a demo CD to explain how to use the appliance
- Consumes 900 Watt power
- Features a non-stick plate
- Makes rotis quickly
- Non-stick plate ensures that the dough doesn’t stick
- Stainless steel built is sturdy and durable
- Rotis can get a little dry
Bajaj Roti Maker
Bajaj is one of the largest multinational conglomerates in India. It was founded in 1926 by Jamnalal Bajaj and has its headquarters in Mumbai. The company runs multiple brands such as Bajaj Electronics, Bajaj Auto, Bajaj Home Appliances, Bajaj Finserv, and many more.
Notable Features of the Bajaj Vacco Roti Maker:
- Features 8-inch plates
- The plates are made with high-quality food-grade Teflon non-stick coating
- Is powered by a 900-Watt motor
- Has a shock-proof stainless-steel body
- You can make khakhras, parathas, kulchas, papads, and more without oil
- Features a heat-resistant handle for lifting and pressing the plates easily
- Non-stick alluminium plates with teflon coating for hassle-free cooking
- Shock-proof body for safe usage
- The plates if pressed hard can cause holes in rotis
Sunflame Roti Maker
Notable Features of the Sunflame Roti Maker:
- Has a solid stainless steel body
- Has a non-stick coating on plates
- Features an indicator light
- Equipped with heat resistant lifting handle
- Runs on 900 Watt power
- Heat resistant handles allow you to flip and press easily
- LED indicator shows when the appliance is on
- Non-stick plates prevent rotis from sticking to the pan
- Rotis may break if pressed too hard
Divya Stainless Steel Electric Roti Maker
Divya is one of the highest-selling home and kitchen appliance brands on Amazon and there’s no reason why it shouldn’t be. The company makes top-notch kitchen appliances such as pressure cookers, roti makers, and kettles. If you’re looking for affordable and efficient products for your kitchen, check out this brand today!
Notable Features of the Divya Electric Roti Maker:
- Has a stainless steel body
- It’s a shock-proof appliance
- Features a heat resistant lifting handle
- Runs on 900 Watt power
- Has non-stick teflon coating on plates
- Power-on LED indicator
- Makes a variety of breads such as khakras, rotis, paranthas, and kulchas
- Heat resistant handles protect you from getting burned
- Shock-proof body
- Non-stick coating may start chipping after a while
Wonderchef Roti Maker
A brand endorsed by India’s leading chef, Sanjeev Kapoor, Wonderchef does not disappoint with their roti makers. The company was founded by Sanjeev Kapoor and Ravi Saxena in the year 2009. It manufactures premium kitchenware and appliances that speak volumes about elegance and luxury.
Notable Features of the Wonderchef Roti Maker:
- Made with alluminium, glass, and clay
- Features multiple cooking methods
- Works as a tandoor, oven, and roti maker
- Comes with a glass lid, tandoor grid, baking tray, and bottom tray
- Weighs 5 kgs
- Can bake a variety of dishes in the appliance
- Has a sleek and stylish look
- Non-stick coating prevents food from sticking to the bottom
- Glass lid may break if not used with care
Rylan Roti Chapati Maker
Rylan is another top selling brand that enjoys wide customer attention in India. It retails small home appliances, kitchen appliances, and electronics that are affordable and reliable.
Notable Features of the Rylan Roti Chapati Maker:
- Built with food-grade stainless steel that makes it durable and sturdy
- Has an anti-skid base
- Anti-slip handle allows you to use it without any hassle
- Features 7 inch diameter plates
- This roti maker does not require a power input and helps in saving time and energy
- Lightweight appliance
- Build quality may not be as sturdy as expected
iBell Nonstick Electric Roti/Chapati Maker
iBell is a popular home solutions brand that retails homeware, kitchenware, security appliance, and large appliances. Its products are easily available on Amazon and you can buy them at super affordable prices.
Notable Features of the iBell Nonstick Electric Roti Maker:
- Body is made with hard plastic and stainless steel
- Sturdy and shock-proof design
- Has a non-stick base
- Chrome finish body
- Features a light indicator
- Stainless steel body is strong and durable
- Non-stick base prevents chapatis from sticking
- Light indicator helps you to know when the appliance is ready
- Coating may start chipping after a while
What are the best roti maker brands in India?
Prestige, Bajaj, Sunflame, and Wonderchef are some of the best roti maker brands in India.
Which roti maker is better Prestige or Bajaj?
Both brands have unique features that make their products excellent. However, Prestige always sends you a demo CD to understand the appliance while Bajaj may not always do so. Both brands make excellent products in terms on quality and durability so you can trust either of them without any second thoughts.