India is the world’s second-largest producer of sugar after Brazil. Sugar is a multipurpose and indispensable functional food ingredient in every kitchen. Although most commonly used for its sweet flavour, it also serves a variety of additional roles in food science and technology. The most significant are that added sugar in meals acts as a sweetener, texture modifier, preservative, fermentation substrate, colouring, flavouring and bulking agent. Sugar is useful for all types of food preparation due to its variety of properties. The product is utilised to give texture and structure to food. It also functions as a natural preservative in addition to increasing the taste of food. There are a lot of good options in the market providing premium quality products. Here we have come up with some of the best sugar brands in India.
Our Top Recommendations
How to Choose the Best Sugar Brands?
Multiple varieties of sugar are available in the Indian market today that you can choose from according to your needs. You can find white sugar, brown sugar, castor sugar, and liquid sugar. If you love unprocessed food items, you can also check out some organic options that are free of chemicals and artificial colouring. Good quality sugar can be bought anywhere between Rs 50 to Rs 200 in India, so it’s quite affordable. The brands mentioned below have great customer ratings on Amazon and reviews that you can surely trust! Also have a look at our list of best salt brands and tea brands in India.
List of The Top 11 Sugar Brands in India
Dhampure sugar is an Indian sulphur-free sugar brand that offers many hygienic and pure sugar products. Dhampure Sugars Limited is a well-known producer of high-quality sugars. The product line is designed to meet the demands of customers. Dhampure Speciality Sugars Ltd. is one of the major sugar manufacturers in India, dedicated to the production and sale of chemical-free, 100% natural sugars. The firm has a market cap of Rs 33.07 Crore. It reported a combined total income of Rs 5.72 Crore for the quarter ended 30-09-2021.
Prominent Features of the Dhampure White Sugar:
- Manufactured from organic and natural sugar canes that have been grown without the use of hazardous pesticides or chemical fertilisers
- It may be used in everyday dishes to provide natural sweetness
- During or after the production procedure, this sugar is unbleached
- It is a superior substitute for refined white sugar
- No chemical preservatives
- No artificial colouring
- No artificial sweeteners
- Packaging may tear easily
Why We Picked the Dhampure White Sugar?
This white sugar is extracted from the most premium quality sugarcanes. It has easy-to-dissolve crystals that are rendered through a sulphur-free process. Loaded with nutritional value, this sugar is as pure as it gets as it doesn’t contain any chemicals, artificial colour, or sweeteners.
Sugarlite is an innovative sugar brand that offers 100 percent natural sugar created from a combination of stevia and sugar. So it has the richness of sugar but with half the calories. It has various health and well-being benefits for you and your family.
Prominent Features of the Sugarlite Smart Sugar:
- Has a minimal calorie intake that keeps you healthy
- It is recommended for general wellness, weight loss, and heart health
- An excellent sugar substitute for hot and cold drinks, cooking, baking, and sweet preparations
- The pack weighs 1 kg
You can buy upcoming grocery items including sugar using the latest deals from the Bigbasket store. Here, you get free home delivery + best quality at your doorstep.
- Low glycaemic index
- Good for weight watchers
- 100% natural
- May cause bloating in some people
Why We Picked the Sugarlite Smart Sugar?
Sugarlite’s Smart Sugar is an excellent substitute for people with diabetes, weight issues, and other heart ailments. As per the brand, 1 spoon of sugarlite is equal to 2 spoons of sugar. Since it has a low glycaemic index, Sugarlite Smart Sugar is also highly beneficial to reduce cholesterol and keep your health in check.
Trust is an Indian sugar brand owned by the Simbhaoli Group, which began in 1933 as a sugar factory in Simbhaoli, Uttar Pradesh. The Simbhaoli Group has evolved into a broad farm-to-consumer FMCG enterprise with leading brand names in staples, food, drinks, personal care, home care, and agri-input categories.
Prominent Features of the Trust Refined Sugar:
- Trust brand provides a variety of sugar that is the outcome of a pure, unspoiled, and stringent production process
- Manufactured using cutting-edge DIPIE technology
- Sugar dissolves immediately, which is very useful for combining sugar into drinks
- Weighs 1 kg
- No artificial flavours
- No artificial colour
- Easy to dissolve
- Crystals are too white
Why We Picked the Trust Refined Sugar?
Pure and sulphur-less sugar that’s perfect for everyday use at home. The crystals are clear and very easy to dissolve in both cold and hot dishes. It is made in hygienic conditions and completely untouched so you can trust it without any second thoughts.
Vedaka is an Amazon India brand that provides spices, dry fruits, groceries, pulses, lentils, grains, tea leaves, oils, flours, dried fruits, and other everyday items.
Prominent Features of the Vedaka Sugar:
- It is subjected to comprehensive laboratory tests to meet the FSSAI standards
- Packaged hygienically while adhering to high-quality requirements
- Pack contains just pure sugar and no contaminants
- White refined sugar that is pure and unadulterated
- Easy to dissolve granules
- Hygienically packed
- Granule size may be a little too small
Why We Picked the Vedaka Sugar?
The Vedaka Sugar meets all the quality and hygiene standards, making it perfect to use in Indian households. The crystal clear granules are easy to dissolve so you can put them in multiple dishes. It also comes with Amazon’s trust so you can rely on the product without any worries.
Madhur is a retail brand from the Shree Renuka Sugars portfolio founded in 2007. It is one of the fastest-growing sugar brands in the country, guaranteeing premium purity, quality, and hygiene. Within five years of its introduction, Madhur emerged as one of the fastest-growing brands in the sugar sector, with a CAGR of 46 per cent. Madhur has a strong presence in grocery stores across Gujarat, Karnataka, Rajasthan, and Maharashtra and is on the shelves of major food malls, online retailers, and food chains.
Prominent Features of the Madhur Sugar:
- It offers pure and sanitary sugar
- Madhur crystals are purified Grade 1 crystals that are moisture free and brilliant white
- This makes it simple to disintegrate
- Switch to Madhur for pure, unspoilt, better-refined sugar prepared without sulphur
- Weighs 1 kg
Fortune is an Indian food items brand owned by Adani Wilmar. Fortune is one of India’s leading FMCG food companies, offering the most important kitchen commodities for Indian customers, such as sugar, edible oil, rice, wheat flour, and pulses. As per the DRHP report, Adani Wilmar had a combined net profit of Rs 727.64 crore in 2020-21, up from Rs 460.87 crore the preceding year.
Prominent Features of the Fortune Pure & Hygienic Sugar:
- It is free of sulphur and produced using a sulphur-free technique
- The crystals are gleaming white and simple to dissolve
- It satisfies the greatest hygienic standards, delivering premium-grade sugar that is 100 per cent natural.
- It uses sulphur-free processing by using cutting-edge DRP technology
- Sulphur-free processing
- Free of contaminants
- Safe for everyday usage
- Crystals are too white
Why We Picked the Fortune Pure & Hygienic Sugar?
If you like big coarse sugar crystals that are extracted using the most hygienic methods, this one won’t disappoint. The gleaming white crystals are made using cutting-edge DRP technology. The sugar is perfectly sweet and easy to dissolve so you can use it in a wide variety of dishes such as kheer, porridge, tea, and coffee.
24 Mantra Organic was established in 2004 in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India. Raj Seelam established the Indian organic food company 24 Mantra. The firm sells cooking supplies, ready-to-eat meals, and beverages. It is a specialised food business dedicated to ensuring farmers’ livelihoods, consumers’ sustainable lifestyles, and a sustainable world. 24 Mantra is one of the largest Indian organic food products brands, working with 45,000 farmers across 15 states on 2,25,000 acres to improve their lives. All 24 Mantra items are now available in bigger catering packaging.
Prominent Features of the 24 Mantra Sugar:
- Organic sugar, ideal for any health-conscious individual who values natural products
- Derived from organic cultivation
- A particular kind of sugarcane is grown without chemical fertilisers, pesticides, or insecticides to produce this sugar
- Organic manure, such as manure or dung, is used to cultivate organic sugar cane
- The pack weighs 1 kg
- No pesticides
- No GMO
- Has white colour instead of light brown
Uttam Sugar is an Indian sugar brand by Uttam Sugar Mills Ltd. It is one of the country’s leading producers of Refined Sugar. Uttam Sugar is presently generating high-grade sugar with its substantial R&D work. Uttam Sugar was founded on ecology, health, justice, and compassion.
Prominent Features of the Uttam Sugar:
- Uttam sugar offers good quality sugar that’s sulphur-less
- The company doesn’t use genetically modified sugarcane crops
- You may experience the advantages of nature and eat wholesome, nutritious, clean, and chemical-free food, which is a vital aspect of general wellbeing
- The packet weighs 1 kg
- No pesticides
- No fertilisers
Sri Sri Tattva
Sri Sri Tattva is a well-known brand founded by yoga guru and spiritual leader Sri Sri Ravi Shankar. The brand approaches health and wellbeing holistically. Sri Sri Tattva’s mission is to promote every home’s health and well-being. The company has a strong commitment to the community, proudly supporting the Art of Living foundation’s social and rural welfare programmes.
Prominent Features of the Sri Sri Tattva Organic Brown Sugar:
- One of the best national sugars available, with a rich taste and flavour
- It is the ideal partner for baking, cooking or drinking your everyday beverage
- It reserves its dark colour due to molasses, a rich mineral source
- This sugar encourages healthy living by being high in minerals such as iron and calcium
- Sri Sri Tattva brown sugar contains a lower calorific value than regular refined sugars, making it ideal for incorporating into your daily diet, particularly as a healthier option
- Low in calories
- Easy to dissolve
- May not be as pure
Herms Organic is a brand of Indian foods owned by Herms Nature Private Limited. It offers high-quality organic products that are devoid of chemicals and preservatives. All of the Herms Organic products are high in important vitamins and nutrients due to the natural processing method. The brand’s goal is to give customers food devoid of pesticides and chemicals.
Prominent Features of the Herms Desi Khand:
- The perfect alternative of powdered sugar
- Desi Khand is a kind of sugar historically produced in India
- As the name implies, Khand is sweet, as well as healthy and natural
- Herms Desi Khand has no chemicals and has no negative side effects when consumed
- Khand is a type of raw powdered sugar with a honey-like flavour
- Rich in minerals
- A little pricey
Pro Nature is a Bangalore-based organic food products firm founded by Varun Gupta and Nidhi Gupta in 2006 to provide shoppers with better food options while simultaneously nurturing the environment. The product line offers a wide range of food items certified organic by an internationally recognised Swiss-based certification body, IMO Control.
Prominent Features of the Pro Nature Sugar:
- It provides the natural sweetness of nature
- You may experience the sweetness of naturally produced molasses in your meals while maintaining the flavour of regular white sugar
- This is not a synthetic colour but rather the natural molasses added to the sugar
- The pack weighs 1 kg
- No chemicals
- Colour may wash away
Since sugar is an essential need in every Indian home, it is important that you buy what’s pure and best for your family. In the list above, we have rounded up some of the most reliable sugar brands that make organic, refined, chemical-free, and sulphurless sugar that you can use to enhance your dishes. Do try them out and you won’t be disappointed.
Which brand of sugar is best?
Dhampure, Sugarlite and 24 Mantra are some of the best sugar brands in India that offer good quality products at the best prices.
Which sugar is good for health?
Sulphurless sugar, apart from jaggery, is a variety of sugar that is good for health.
Which sugar is best for daily use?
While regular sugar is fine for daily use, when taken in moderation, you can also look at alternatives such as jaggery, stevia, and monkfruit as they are generally considered better by experts.
Which is the best selling sugar brand?
24 Mantra is the best selling sugar brand on Amazon.
Why Trust Cashkaro Reviews?
Our category-specific researchers test out every product before including it on the list to ensure that you’re only offered the best of the lot. We also ensure to take into account multiple customer reviews to give you an unbiased opinion about any product and avoid adding any sketchy product to our lists.