Are you someone who works tirelessly, day after day, and now your muscles have begun to show signs of discomfort? Muscle aches can get very painful and demand instant attention. This is the time when you turn to the best pain relief creams and gels for instant and effective relief. Joint and muscle can happen due to a variety of reasons such as lifestyle changes, dietary changes, over-exerting while working out, or any injury. It’s important to be careful and take proper consultations with a doctor for prompt recovery. In this article, we will take you through some of the best pain relief creams in India and why you should choose them.
Our Top Picks
How Do We Choose the Best Pain Relief Gel?
Buying a pain relief cream can be quite tricky, especially with a plethora of options available in the market today. In India, you can get good quality topical pain relief treatments ranging from Rs 140 to Rs 2,800, depending on your budget and need. Here are some factors that we considered before making this list.
Before starting any treatment, make sure to visit a doctor to ensure you don’t have any serious condition. We have listed creams for concerns such as arthritis, muscle spasms, ankle twists, joint pain, tenderness, and stiffness so that you can pick whichever suits you.
Formula & Ingredients
A good cream has a lightweight and quick-absorbing formula that doesn’t stain your clothes and doesn’t feel greasy. We added creams that act quickly on your concern and offer immense relief instantly. The creams have ingredients such as linseed oil, capsaicin, menthol, salicylate, and lidocaine that are known to alleviate pain within a few minutes.
Although topical treatments are effective, you must know your condition before using any of them. It is advised to visit a doctor before starting any treatment for your own well-being.
List of 13 Best Pain Relief Gel In India
Mentholatum Deep Heat Rub
The Mentholatum Company, Inc is a top manufacturer of non-prescription healthcare and wellness products. This American brand was founded in 1889 by Albert Alexander Hyde and has its headquarters in Wichita, Kansas, US.
Prominent Features of the Mentholatum Deep Heat Rub:
- Lightweight and non-greasy cream that alleviates muscle pain
- The cream penetrates quickly into the skin and warms up stiff muscles
- Has a relaxing effect and helps reoxygenate tense and painful tissue
- Can be used for rheumatic pain, backache, fibrositis, lumbago, sciatica, chilblains, and sprains
- Comes in a tube packaging
- Non-greasy formula
- Instant pain relief
- Travel-friendly packaging
- Might not be easily available in India
- The smell is a little overwhelming
Why We Picked the Mentholatum Deep Heat Rub?
Mentholatum Deep Heat Rub is suitable for muscular pains and stiffness. It also works for rheumatic pain, sciatica, fibrositis, sprains, and chilblains. It can be used before or after exercise. It leaves a warming effect on the muscles and relieves any stiffness almost instantly.
Volini Pain Relief Gel
Volini is one of the most-trusted pain relief brands in India. It was founded in 2015 and is owned by Sun Pharma. The brand makes muscle pain relief sprays that are widely used by Indians. The company has its headquarters in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
Prominent Features of the Volini Pain Relief Gel:
- Contains linseed oil and menthol that relieves muscle pains
- Can be used for low back pain, joint pain, neck pain, sprains & sports injuries
- Lightweight and fast-absorbing cream formula
- Comes in a tube and weighs 75 grams
- Quick pain alleviation
- Non-sticky formula
- Contains natural ingredients
Why We Picked the Volini Pain Relief Gel?
Volini’s Pain Relief Gel formula provides instant relief from inflammation due to joint pain. It is suitable for major topical pains. One key ingredient is the quick-absorbing nano formula. It is non-sticky.
Bengay Ultra Strength
Founded in 1898 by Dr. Jules Bengué in France, Bengay is one of the largest topical muscle creams in the world. The brand came to America in 1898 and is now owned by Johnson & Johnson.
Prominent Features of the Bengay Ultra Strength Cream:
- Lightweight and non-greasy cream that helps relieve pain
- Can be used for arthritis, backache, muscle spasms, and joint pain
- Contains three pain-relieving ingredients
- Has a deep penetrating formula
- Comes in tube packaging and weighs 226 grams
- A little expensive
Why We Picked the Bengay Ultra Strength Cream?
Bengay Ultra Strength provides deep penetrating pain relief. It also provides relief from minor arthritis, backache, muscle, and joint pain. It has three pain-relieving ingredients which make it super effective.
Moov Pain Relief Cream
Moov is no doubt one of the most popular topical ointment brands in India. It was founded in 1986 and produces ointments, gels, sprays, etc. The company is headquartered in Gurugram and is owned by UK-based company Reckitt Benckise.
Prominent Features of the Moov Pain Relief Cream:
- An Ayurvedic formula that contains eucalyptus oil, wintergreen oil, turpentine oil & mint extract
- The cream absorbs quickly and helps alleviate pain
- Can be used for muscle pain, back pain, joint pain, knee pain, ankle pain, sprains, spasms & cramps
- Has a warming effect that relieves stiffness quickly
- Comes in a tube and weighs 50 grams
- Ayurvedic formula
- Value for money
- Smell is overwhelming
Why We Picked the Moov Pain Relief Cream?
Moov ointment has ayurvedic ingredients. It provides fast and lost lasting relief from various topical pains. Its special ingredients like Nilgiri oil, Wintergreen oil, and Mint extract help it penetrate into the skin faster. Moov also has four active ingredients like Eucalyptus oil and Turpentine oil, along with Mint and Wintergreen which help relieve stiffness and pain.
In addition to this, we have created this list of top heat patches in India as they are e the new age answers to minor aches and pains. So, check it out and let us know which one you choose.
Himalaya Pain Relief Balm
Himalaya is a prominent pharma company in India that has a huge customer base here. It was founded in 1930 by Muhammad Manal and has its headquarters in Bengaluru, Karnataka. The company makes ayurvedic medicines, supplements, and health care products.
Prominent Features of the Himalaya Pain Relief Balm:
- Made with the goodness of Indian Winter Green, Mint and Chir Pine oils, Himalaya’s Pain Balm
- Balm consistency applies really well and gets absorbed quickly
- Can be used to get fast relief for headaches and pain
- Comes in a jar and weighs 45 grams each
- Quick headache relief
- Natural remedy
- Unpleasant fragrance
Why We Picked the Himalaya Pain Relief Balm?
Himalaya muscle and joint rub do wonders for backaches, muscular sprains, and joint pain. It contains Indian Winter Green, Mint, and Chir Pine oils. It relieves swelling, sprains, and muscle and joint inflammation.
Himani Fast Relief Ointment
Himani is prominent personal care and healthcare brand based in India. It was founded in 1974 by Radhe Shyam Agarwal and Radhe Shyam Goenka and has its headquarters in Kolkata.
Prominent Features of the Himani Fast relief Ointment:
- Himani Fast relief ointment provides fast and long-lasting relief from pain
- It has a fire and ice formula which relaxes stiffness and eases the pain
- Ayurvedic ingredients like Nilgiri oil, leaving, Eucalyptus oil, and Gaultheria penetrate swiftly inside the affected area
- Can be used for joint pain, muscle pain, sprain, back pain, and arthritis
- Comes in a tube and weighs 45 ml
- Long-lasting relief
- Quick-absorbing cream
- Herbal formula
- Might not be very effective
Omni Gel Pain Relief Cream
Omnigel is another leader when it comes to ointments for muscle and joint pain. The brand is owned by Cipla and has a huge customer base in India.
Prominent Features of the OmniGel Pain Relief Cream:
- Omni-gel provides relief from sore muscles and joints, sprains, strains, and bruises
- It provides a long-lasting effect
- Contains Linseed oil, Diclofenac Diethylamine, Methyl Salicylate, and Menthol
- Comes in a tube and weighs 75 grams
- Good quality ointment
- Offers quick relief
Myoflex Pain Relief Cream
Myoflex is another reliable pain reliever cream brand trusted by many people in India. Its products can be used to treat arthritis, joint & muscle pain, spasms, etc.
Prominent Features of the Myolflex Pain Relief Cream:
- Myoflex pain relieving cream contains trolamine salicylate for effective relief
- It is used in the case of muscular and joint pains
- It is greaseless and odorless
- Quick pain relief
- Non-greasy formula
- Might not be easily available
Joint Flex is a popular choice amongst people with chronic joint pain and arthritis. The American brand has made a name for itself in the Indian market as well over the last few years with its top-notch product range.
Prominent Features of the Joint Flex Joint Pain Relief Cream
- Joint Flex contains Glucosamine and Chondroitin
- These ingredients treat and lubricate the joints, providing immediate relief from pain and making joints flexible and healthier over time
- Its deep penetration technology ensures fast absorption of the cream through the multiple layers of the skin
- Reaches the joints quickly and brings immediate relief from pain and stiffness
- Comes in a tube and weighs 90 grams
- Deep penetrating cream
- Targeted pain relief
- Instantly alleviates pain
- Doesn’t have a good smell
In addition to this, we would also like you to check our latest blog, where we have listed some of the top disinfectant sprays in India. Do have a look and let us know if you find it helpful.
Dr Ortho Ayurvedic Pain Relieving Cream
Dr. Ortho is a popular choice when it comes to topical treatments for joint pain in India. It was founded by Sanjeev Juneja who owns many other brands in India.
Prominent Features of the Dr. Ortho Ayurvedic Pain Relieving Cream:
- This ointment has excellent pain-relieving properties
- Helps get relief from problems like knee pain, shoulder pain, neck pain, elbow pain, back pain leg pain, and muscle pain
- Contains the goodness of natural soothing properties such as peppermint and camphor
- One of the best pain relief creams for joints and muscle discomfort
- Comes in a tube and weighs 30 grams
- Helps in relieving swollen joints
- Made with herbs
- May cause a burning sensation
Brunogel Pain Relief Cream
Brunogel is a leading joint pain cream brand in India. It is owned by Kaymed Pharmaceuticals Private Limited and has its headquarters in Delhi, India. The brand has created a huge customer base in India with its unwavering quality.
Prominent Features of the Brunogel Pain Relief Cream:
- Brunogel pain relief cream works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that cause pain
- Helps relieve inflammation (redness and swelling) on the skin
- It provides quick and long-lasting relief from low back pain, joint pain, neck pain, sprains & sports injuries
- The cream is most effective when applied before sleep, so you wake up feeling fresh and energised
- Comes in a tube and weighs 30 grams
- Gets absorbed quickly
- Long-lasting effect
- Instant relief
Amrutanjan Pain Relief Balm
Amrutanjan is a popular pharma company from India. It was founded in 1893 by K. Nageswara Rao Pantulu and has its headquarters in Mylapore, Chennai.
Prominent Features of the Amrutanjan Pain Relief Balm:
- This Ayurvedic pain relief balm from Amrutanjan is specially formulated for all kinds of body pains, in both men and women
- It is recommended to keep this product away from children and store in a cool and dry place
- For extra effectiveness, you can apply this balm right after taking steam, and it’ll do wonders
- Remember to not apply it on broken skin, and keep it away from children
- Comes in a mini tub and weighs 50 ml
- 100% ayurvedic
- Strong balm that relieves pain quickly
Greencure Arnicap Ayurvedic Herbal Pain Relief Cream
Green Cure Wellness is a renowned herbal brand that was founded in 2015. It retails respiratory care, liver care, eye care, pain relief, and skin care products that are designed using German technology.
Prominent Features of the Greencure Arnicap Ayurvedic Herbal Pain Relief Cream:
- It penetrates deep into the skin to reduce the intensity of muscle pain
- Its formulation includes just the right mixture of natural ingredients, so the cream acts fast to give better results
- It provides long-lasting relief from minor aches and muscle pain, in a naturally effective way
- The cream is approved as a SAFE Herbal syrup by the ‘Australian Certified Non-Toxic’ organization
- Comes in a tube and weighs 30 grams each
- 100% herbal formula
- Quick pain relief
- No side effects
- Might not suit some skin types
We all go through joint aches, muscle spasms, and stiffness in our bodies every once in a while due to sporting activities etc. It’s necessary to take proper care of our joints and muscles to lead an active lifestyle and a good pain relief cream can do wonders. In this article, we have listed some of the best pain relief creams in India on the basis of their ingredients, formula, and benefits. While we love Volini, Moov, and OmniGel, check out the full list to find one that suits your concern the best.
What is the most effective pain relieving cream?
Some of the most effective pain-relieving creams in India are Moov Fast Pain Relief Cream, Dr Ortho Ayurvedic Pain Relieving Ointment, JointFlex Joint Pain Relief Cream, and Volini Pain Relief Gel amongst others.
What is the strongest topical pain reliever?
Capsaicin is known as one of the strongest topical pain relievers due to its main ingredient; hot chilli peppers which is also one of the most effective ingredients for topical pain relief. Salicylates are also another leading choice for being the strongest topical pain relievers.
Which gel is best for pain relief?
Some of the best pain relief gels in India are Cipla Omni Gel, Dr, Ortho Pain Relief Gel, BioFrost Cold Therapy Gel, and Vitro Naturals Pain Relief Gel amongst others.
What is the strongest natural anti-inflammatory?
The strongest natural anti-inflammatory supplements are Curcumin (found in Turmeric), Zinc, Omega-3 fatty acids, Green Tea, Capsaicin (found in hot peppers), and S-adenosylmethionine.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
We have a team of category-specific researchers who study and test several products before creating these listicles. For the pain relief cream blog, we considered factors such as formula, ingredients, concerns, and benefits to create a reliable list. Our goal is to offer you the most reliable product suggestions so you can shop without any second thoughts!